PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Harrison - " I'm not a dirty player"

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-02-2008, 01:06 AM
From profootballtalk website

HARRISON DOESN’T LIKE “DIRTY” LABEL :crying01:
Posted by Mike Florio on August 1, 2008, 5:43 p.m.

Patriots safety Rodney Harrison has again been voted the dirtiest player in the NFL. And he doesn’t like it.

“They’re ignorant,” Harrison told the Boston Herald, via Tim Graham of ESPN.com. “They don’t know me. If you take the time to get to know Rodney Harrison the person, you would know that’s not my makeup, that’s not my personality. I play hard.

“It’s unfortunate that you have stigma like that, but what can you say? They crucified Jesus Christ, too. So — and I’m not comparing myself to him — but people are going to say things. They’re going to slander you.

“You just have to take it and try to be the best person you can be, respectful. I think I’ve done that. Even out on the field, I’m not trying to hurt anyone. I’m just playing hard. Trust me. They probably want me on their team.”

So he says, “They crucified Jesus Christ, too,” and then says he isn’t comparing himself to Jesus Christ?

Actually, Rodney shouldn’t compare himself to Jesus Christ. Because Jesus Christ never used HGH.

ARTICLE
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-2-1/Pats--Harrison-takes-issue-with--dirty--tag.html

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Rodney Harrison started out training camp on the PUP list and, therefore, was unavailable to the media.

He returned to practice on Wednesday and has been getting caught up on the backlog questions. The Boston Herald's Karen Guregian asked Thursday what he thought of ESPN.com's poll of NFL head coaches that ranked him the dirtiest player in the league.

"They're ignorant," Harrison said. "They don't know me. If you take the time to get to know Rodney Harrison the person, you would know that's not my makeup, that's not my personality. I play hard.

"It's unfortunate that you have stigma like that, but what can you say? They crucified Jesus Christ, too. So -- and I'm not comparing myself to him -- but people are going to say things. They're going to slander you.

"You just have to take it and try to be the best person you can be, respectful. I think I've done that. Even out on the field, I'm not trying to hurt anyone. I'm just playing hard. Trust me. They probably want me on their team."

Harrison has the second-most personal fouls since 2001, but he has been flagged for only two personal fouls over the past two seasons.

But when it comes to polls, established reputations are significant. He has been fined and suspended several times since he entered the NFL in 1994.

"It used to bother me, maybe earlier in my career," Harrison said of his reputation. "But it no longer bothers me because I know what type of person I am and what type of player I am and what type of father and husband I am. So it really doesn't bother me what people think. I know who I am."

tony hipchest
08-02-2008, 01:20 AM
... go figure.

Galax Steeler
08-02-2008, 04:39 AM
They must be something to it if the percentage of the voters voted for him.:sign11:

HometownGal
08-02-2008, 05:14 AM
Riiiiiiiight. And . . . .

http://www1.idl.edu.au/users/wellbeing/YCDI/Images/pigs_fly.jpg

Mosca
08-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Meh. Polamalu has his share of late hits and 15 yarders, and you don't see him whining. All he does is vow to try harder to keep it in check because it hurts his team. Harrison should do the same.

43Hitman
08-02-2008, 07:41 AM
If he truly didn't care what people think, why even respond to the poll.

silver & black
08-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Sometimes I wonder what the hell happened to football.

In the 60's and 70's it was common place for plays and players like him... I don't recall hearing all the whining about it from players or fans.

Who cares? If someone doesn't like it... do something about it on the field. I seem to recall a whole team with that attitude....................... I wonder where they are now?

The Patriot
08-02-2008, 08:44 AM
I like Rodney but did he just compare himself to Jesus Christ?

lilyoder6
08-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Harrison saying he's not a dirty player is like saying the pats didn't video-tape opponents

stlrtruck
08-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Sometimes I wonder what the hell happened to football.

In the 60's and 70's it was common place for plays and players like him... I don't recall hearing all the whining about it from players or fans.

Who cares? If someone doesn't like it... do something about it on the field. I seem to recall a whole team with that attitude....................... I wonder where they are now?

How can you compare the 60's/70's to the way they play football now? Back then, it was guarenteed if you even got close to touching the football someone was going to try to drive you through the turf. And that was legal and that WAS FOOTBALL. Now adays you can't even looked cross-eyed without getting a 15 yarder.

St33lersguy
08-02-2008, 09:56 AM
:rofl: That's very funny. I guess he doesn't wanna face the truth.

Mosca
08-02-2008, 10:48 AM
How can you compare the 60's/70's to the way they play football now? Back then, it was guarenteed if you even got close to touching the football someone was going to try to drive you through the turf. And that was legal and that WAS FOOTBALL. Now adays you can't even looked cross-eyed without getting a 15 yarder.

I loved football then, but as rough as it was, todays guys hit so hard CLEANLY that the dirty stuff from the '60s and '70s would kill players today. These guys are bigger, faster, quicker, and stronger. A lot of the stars of yesteryear would get cut in training camp today.

Football is one game where you just can't compare guys across eras. The farther apart in time you get, the more it doesn't work. Great guys are still great; but you can't move them out of their time.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-02-2008, 12:39 PM
I like Rodney but did he just compare himself to Jesus Christ?

Harrison ---

“It’s unfortunate that you have stigma like that, but what can you say? They crucified Jesus Christ, too. So — and I’m not comparing myself to him — but people are going to say things. They’re going to slander you."

ahhhhh yes :rolleyes:

revefsreleets
08-02-2008, 02:54 PM
RH- "I'm not dirty"
Bill Clinton- "I did not have sex with that woman"
Richard Nixon- "I am not a crook"
OJ Simpson- (the glove and all that bullshit)

Murabma
08-03-2008, 09:23 AM
I wonder where Vince Wilfork fell in that poll--I thought he was by far the dirtiest player in the League last year. Perhaps Rodney's doing some mentoring on the side.....

stlrtruck
08-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Hey Rodney, you're not a dirty player and I'm not married, with 3 kids, and have one of the cutest damn kids to join Steelers Nation!

silver & black
08-04-2008, 03:46 PM

I didn't compare the 60's and 70's to todays football. I said... "I wonder what the hell happened to football?"

"Dirty players" can still be taken care of on the field... if the other guy/team has the stones to do it.

I'm sorry. I don't have any use for whining about "dirty" players... do something about it if you don't like it... or shut up and keep getting your ass kicked.

fansince'76
08-04-2008, 03:49 PM
I'm sorry. I don't have any use for whining about "dirty" players... do something about it if you don't like it... or shut up and keep getting your ass kicked.

Couldn't agree more. Don't like it? Do something about it, like knock his punk ass into next week.

NJarhead
08-04-2008, 09:27 PM
I wonder where Vince Wilfork fell in that poll--I thought he was by far the dirtiest player in the League last year. Perhaps Rodney's doing some mentoring on the side.....

:iagree: and :sign11:

stlrtruck
08-05-2008, 07:48 AM
I didn't compare the 60's and 70's to todays football. I said... "I wonder what the hell happened to football?"

"Dirty players" can still be taken care of on the field... if the other guy/team has the stones to do it.

My apologies for the mis-interpretation (sorry couldn't resist) of your words.

But I agree. I think it's part of the reason that the Steelers and Raiders were so feared defensively because other teams didn't have the stones to do something about it.

silver & black
08-05-2008, 08:23 AM
My apologies for the mis-interpretation (sorry couldn't resist) of your words.

But I agree. I think it's part of the reason that the Steelers and Raiders were so feared defensively because other teams didn't have the stones to do something about it.

The Steelers and the Raiders were the only teams that did do anything about it.... especially when they played each other... :chuckle:

stlrtruck
08-05-2008, 08:29 AM
[/B]

The Steelers and the Raiders were the only teams that did do anything about it.... especially when they played each other... :chuckle:

true - true