PDA

View Full Version : More Cheatriot "mistakes"

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-03-2008, 11:02 AM
...could it be Kaczur has the same disease as his coach and "misinterpreted the rules --- AGAIN"

from profootballtalk.com

After months of silence regarding his apprehension with more than 200 OxyContin tablets and subsequent cooperation in nailing the guy who was selling the stuff to him, Patriots offensive lineman Nick Kaczur finally has addressed the situation.

“I definitely made a mistake,” Kaczur said to reporters covering the team’s practice on Saturday.

And so we’re back to the whole “mistake” crap when it comes to athletes who get into trouble. A “mistake” is forgetting to turn off the coffee pot or put down the garage door. The chronic purchase of controlled substances is a lifestyle; getting caught is the mistake.

Neither the team nor Kaczur will comment on whether the team imposed discipline. “That’s kind of between me and the team,” Kaczur said. “What happened in there is kind of between us. All I can say is that they’re really supportive of me, and it’s a great reflection on what kind of organization we’re in here. They really help their teammates out. It was nice.”

Kaczur ultimately pleaded guilty to speeding only. Though he likely won’t be punished under the Personal Conduct Policy, the OxyContin angle likely has landed him in the substance abuse program. Typically, a player’s status in the program isn’t known unless and until he is suspended for four games, which comes after other lower levels of discipline.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3517108

tony hipchest
08-03-2008, 11:57 AM
the league figures his $500 fine was punishment enough.

revefsreleets
08-03-2008, 02:06 PM
That tough "12 strikes and you're out" policy.

SteelersMongol
08-04-2008, 03:12 AM
That tough "12 strikes and you're out" policy.

:rofl: I've never heard of it before.

Galax Steeler
08-04-2008, 04:20 AM
:rofl: I've never heard of it before.

You have now.:wink02:

rbryan
08-04-2008, 05:57 AM
...could it be Kaczur has the same disease as his coach and "misinterpreted the rules --- AGAIN"

from profootballtalk.com

After months of silence regarding his apprehension with more than 200 OxyContin tablets and subsequent cooperation in nailing the guy who was selling the stuff to him, Patriots offensive lineman Nick Kaczur finally has addressed the situation.

“I definitely made a mistake,” Kaczur said to reporters covering the team’s practice on Saturday.

And so we’re back to the whole “mistake” crap when it comes to athletes who get into trouble. A “mistake” is forgetting to turn off the coffee pot or put down the garage door. The chronic purchase of controlled substances is a lifestyle; getting caught is the mistake.

Neither the team nor Kaczur will comment on whether the team imposed discipline. “That’s kind of between me and the team,” Kaczur said. “What happened in there is kind of between us. All I can say is that they’re really supportive of me, and it’s a great reflection on what kind of organization we’re in here. They really help their teammates out. It was nice.”

Kaczur ultimately pleaded guilty to speeding only. Though he likely won’t be punished under the Personal Conduct Policy, the OxyContin angle likely has landed him in the substance abuse program. Typically, a player’s status in the program isn’t known unless and until he is suspended for four games, which comes after other lower levels of discipline.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp08/news/story?id=3517108

Truer words have never been spoken

xfl2001fan
08-04-2008, 06:41 AM
You caught that too, huh? It's an organization of cheaters...why not let this guy hang around?

sixstringlass
08-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Truer words have never been spoken

No doubt!!!

:sofunny:

missedgehead
08-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Well, we do live in a country that has forgiven: Richard Milhaus Nixon, Mike Tyson, and Josh Howard for their "mistakes," so I don't see why this guy should not be allowed to be forgiven by his team and the NFL and be allowed to continue his career, etc, like those people were in their respective careers.

Texasteel
08-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Is it possable that the commissioner is a part owner of the patriots?

Murabma
08-06-2008, 05:35 AM
Is it possable that the commissioner is a part owner of the patriots?

I don't know about that (although it seems that way at times, a la Spygate), but he certainly knows that Kraft is one of the main guys who got him his job and seems to act deferentially in response to that. If it were another team that had gone through the crap that the Pats have, I strongly suspect that they'd have had a very different book thrown at them. Dr. Z of SI thought so as well earlier this year, FWIW....