PDA

View Full Version : We have our work cut out for us this week..but we can do it

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Yes we have the Colts and yes they are an offensive machine.. but they are small up front and the bungals showed that you can run on them and dominate their front 7 if u stick w/ it. The difference is, We can stop the run too... so yes it aint gonna be easy..but it can be done!

Prosdo
11-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Definitely can beat them, but everyone's gotta step it up!

I.C. Lights
11-20-2005, 11:05 PM
When we're good, we're pretty damn good. We'll get Ben back and our offense will actually work again, the defense will be pysched and the dolts will freak fold.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!

Prosdo
11-20-2005, 11:08 PM
I can't wait to see Ben back in there. I have missed seeing him play.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Its not an impossible task by any stretch... but ball control will be key.. we'll need every RB we can get to pound it against the the colts front 7 and open up play action for Ben!

TasmanianTroy271
11-20-2005, 11:34 PM
I hope we can do it. This loss has really screwed up our Playoff situation, so we need all the W's we can get. Lets go Ben, I hate feeling like I'm rooting for the Dolphins, with a new QB every week...

bengalsfan21
11-21-2005, 07:47 AM
Its not an impossible task by any stretch... but ball control will be key.. we'll need every RB we can get to pound it against the the colts front 7 and open up play action for Ben!

Think about this though, you guys control the ball say you have it for 6 minutes each possesion and score.....Indy has it for 2 minutes and scores......It will come down to a shoot out and running will be just a figment of everyones imagination.

SteelerFanInATL
11-21-2005, 08:06 AM
I hope Ben does not look like he has been out for three weeks. Show us why your are our leader. We need some Philly/NE flashbacks. Defense needs to step it up.

steelersgirl86
11-21-2005, 09:45 AM
I hope Ben does not look like he has been out for three weeks. Show us why your are our leader. We need some Philly/NE flashbacks. Defense needs to step it up.

I agree...we need him back for many reasons not just because he is an excellent quarterback but he is a great leader...

Everyone needs to step up.....

:tt:

Suitanim
11-21-2005, 09:52 AM
Think about this though, you guys control the ball say you have it for 6 minutes each possesion and score.....Indy has it for 2 minutes and scores......It will come down to a shoot out and running will be just a figment of everyones imagination.

Running the football will keep the offense on the field and give the defense a rest. Your own argument can be used against you. Running the ball effectively will keep the Colts from hanging 45 points on the Steelers.

Rotorhead
11-21-2005, 01:42 PM
yeah 45 pts like they did to the Bungles, but actually I think if our D plays a good game, we match up well against the Colts, they cant run on us, nobody can. So we drop in another corner (Willie maybe), bump the receivers at the line and disrupt the timing patterns and suddenly the super O will not be so super anylonger, I dont think it will be a shootout by any stretch of the imagination

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2005, 06:14 PM
Our defense is a much better unit than the bengals have, and theirs isnt a bad unit, but they cant stop the run.. and when u cant stop the run..u cant stop the pass as Ive said before. Stopping the run forces the opposition to be one dimensional and allows you to narrow down the things u need to do.

It aint gonna be easy, but the longer we are on the field and keep our defense fresh, the better chance we'll have.

shevdog
11-21-2005, 10:17 PM

Good point but...

This is the Steelers and the Colts you are talking about, right? The one team in the Colts/Bengles shoot-out yesterday only scored 13 points in week 7 against the Steelers. So, hum ha, you never know. Colts against the Steelers defense, it isn't going to be so simple like that. Us Steelers fans can tell you one thing for sure, there wil be no shoot-out with Tommy under the gun.

dred
11-22-2005, 12:09 AM
New to the board, but thought I might add my 2 cents to this thread.

Manning is going to test the Steelers secondary EARLY and OFTEN. Plain and simple.

Look at the first series we had against the Bengals. He literally threw to 5 different receivers to "test the waters" right off the bat.

Manning will be looking for any glaring weaknesses/mismatches and exploit them like a methodical mad scientist in order to try to gain an early lead and force the Steelers to abandon the run.

If the Steelers can manage to pressure Manning (which isn't the easiest thing to do, but can be done) and force him to make most of his throws off balance, then this could turn into a smashmouth ground game.

I actually prefer those kind of games, believe it or not.

If it does indeed turn into a ground game then look for Manning to try to tire the Steeler's D with the no-huddle. He will keep them on the field and NOT allow them to substitute any players while he is on the field. He is very quick to call the "quick snap" if he catches the other team with 12 men on the field if you haven't noticed. I'll admit that it is a very sneaky tactic, but its scary to see in action when you are the opposing team.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-22-2005, 01:14 AM
Thats the key that you mentioned is to pressure Peyton..the teams that have beaten or atleast given them a run for their money..have managed to put pressure on him, knock him down, hurry him, bat some passes and just generally frustrate him. IF we can do that it will greatly help our chances.. If we dont pressure manning, it could be a REAL long day.

The no huddle is brutal on even the fastest defenses, no doubt!