PDA

View Full Version : Ya know..it should have never come down to OT

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Just a tiny bit of actual offense would have put the ratbirds away long before regulation.. I mean comon, we shut them down time and time again..but when it counted we couldnt get it done.

The ratbirds are so inept on offense its not even funny.. turnovers, OL is old and porous, boller cant make up his mind what he wants to do. Between him and Tommy the both of them dont make a complete charlie batch let alone anything close to a Ben, Peyton, or any other good QB.

The ratbirds cant stop the run normally, but when you cant throw; anybody can stack the line and shut it down. If I was them, I would have dared us to throw too cuz w/ Tommy back there, it wasnt going to happen w/ ANY consistency !

Sorry, but u all know how much I hate the ratbirds and how much it pisses me off to know that all it would have taken was just THAT MUCH offensive power to put them away !

Avoid LLoyd1975
11-20-2005, 10:27 PM
I just don't know. The whole team smelled like shit today. Yes a little more offense, but a little more of any one thing would have worked as well

TasmanianTroy271
11-20-2005, 10:32 PM
in the 4th quarter our D held the Ratbirds to like 3 3 & outs, I mean, the oppurtunities were there for tommy, he just couldn't get it done. If Hines hadn't of kicked the ball, we probably would have won. Can't blame him though, it's not like he could've done anything differently that would've stopped him from kicking it. Just a stroke of really bad luck...

AKSteeler
11-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Though our defense wasn't playing like they should, they played well enough that the offense didn't have to perform much better to get us that game. Come on, get just far enough down the field for a FG... Tommy stinks. I am sorry to say, it's time to get someone who can move, throw, and call plays (without burning away every time-out we have). The O-line needs to step up as well...otherwise we won't see Ben back for long, the way they are allowing the defense to constantly slip through.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2005, 10:34 PM
Yeah that punt by hines was a back breaker but I certainly will never hold a fluke play like that against a beast like number 86.

The defense was on the field ALOT and still came up HUGE all day.. a few breakdowns here and there but overall, they played well enough to win but in OT, it just all fell apart..

bengalsfan21
11-21-2005, 06:35 AM
I have to be honest, it was the first time I was really into a Steelers game and I don't know if it was bc you guys were losing or if it was bc it was close....But all in all what I seen was no Ben equals bad decisions, granted I haven't seen him throw a lot but he does run that offense better then anyone else and thats all that matters.

Suitanim
11-21-2005, 09:03 AM
That pass was kicked because it was a poor throw from Maddox...had he thrown the ball on the mark, Hines would have caught the pass and the drive would have continued on.

I'm not as pissed as I was last night, but I'm still upset. To be honest, I think Tommy was gonna throw an INT on that drive no matter what...just like he was doomed to lose the Jacksonville game. We are actually lucky that the Rats didn't take better advantage of his noodle arm...there were about 5 other passes that could have been picked off.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2005, 05:16 PM
But all in all what I seen was no Ben equals bad decisions

In the case of Tommy.. ur right on. In the case of Batch, atleast he's serviceable..not spectactular or as good as Ben; but he can do the job fairly well and not give the game away.

clevestinks
11-21-2005, 05:25 PM
We can not run , when we have NO run threat!

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-21-2005, 06:05 PM
We can not run , when we have NO run threat!
We hardly even tried to run. What was up with that play calling and the O line?

Atlanta Dan
11-21-2005, 06:51 PM
As far as it not needing to come down to OT, there were so many horrible plays by Maddox I almost forgot his fumble that was run back to our one yard line in the 3rd Q which was reversed because the Ravens were offside. If that call stands the game is over then.

I assume the Ravens have the same view we do that the game should not have gone to OT because the opponent's offense was so bad. Even the announcers were jokiing about how bad both teams offenses were.

Koopa
11-21-2005, 06:54 PM
well just like the pats game, one play killed the game, and that was going for it on fourth and one on the 35 yard line. the play would've worked if we had batch or ben as qb but maddox sucks and cowher should know this and should've just went for the feild goal. this is why i keep doubting cowher, sure we get a shitload of regular season wins but that don't mean shit when you come home with nothing every year......hopefully this year will be the year we actually get to see our team win it all

clevestinks
11-21-2005, 07:07 PM
I have to be honest, it was the first time I was really into a Steelers game and I don't know if it was bc you guys were losing or if it was bc it was close....But all in all what I seen was no Ben equals bad decisions, granted I haven't seen him throw a lot but he does run that offense better then anyone else and thats all that matters.

Your right! But Batch manage the team well also. Tommy is just pathetic.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2005, 11:04 PM
suit made a good point about the 4th down play.. personally I would have punted it and played for field position..but either way, we had them off guard but Tommy stood like a statue and took the sack instead of getting a quick release and getting the first down.

what else is new. :chair: