PDA

View Full Version : Favre Traded to the Jets

lilyoder6
08-06-2008, 10:59 PM
just heard it on sportscenter that he got traded 2 the jets and got txt msgs from my bro's about it.. don't know what they got but he is a JET!! :o

missedgehead
08-06-2008, 11:05 PM
It is on BSPN right now. They are already putting the Jets in the playoffs and jumping on the Jets bandwagon. I can not wait to listen to Mangirl and Meatball , er Mike and Mike in the Morning. That Mike Greenberg is going to squeal like the little Jets Mark that he is. He thinks his Jets are gonna win the AFC EAST. Um WRONG. Try again. Of course, I can't wait to see Rodney Harrison, Vince Wilfork , and Richard Seymour knock old man Farve on his ass in Week 2. :) Well, Farve wanted to play. Ok. Good luck!

WWIIOwheelz
08-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Faneca & Favre.

Interesting!

tony hipchest
08-06-2008, 11:20 PM
I Of course, I can't wait to see Rodney Harrison, Vince Wilfork , and Richard Seymour knock old man Farve on his ass in Week 2. :) Well, Farve wanted to play. Ok. Good luck!

i cant wait to see my man faneca chop block one of them cheap shot artists. :smile:

meelanova
08-06-2008, 11:21 PM
the Pats got the division and the AFC is still tougher than the NFC. The AFC is too stacked.

SuperBowlChamps
08-06-2008, 11:35 PM
The AFC has the best QB's in the NFL. Although the NFC won the Super Bowl last year I don't see that happening this year.

WWIIOwheelz
08-06-2008, 11:43 PM
I'll bet Alan & Brett become fast friends. I'll cheer a little harder for the Jets this year than I usually do.

tony hipchest
08-06-2008, 11:48 PM
i had to see what the patticakes think about this on the pattiboard.

:jawdrop: HOLY COW! most are actually elated and convinced this will make the jets worse.

only a delusional patfan would think that clemens/pennington > favre.

the majority seems to think losing a 4th-2nd pick will make the jets WORSE (totally ignoring the fact that their team was willing to give up a 1st round pick to cheat). they think this is the nail in mangina's coffin :laughing:

holy shit. and i thought bunglefans and brownies were out of their mind. :doh:

what idiots.

(the pats will still win the division but not because the jets have to PLAY them 16 times. patfans have no idea that the patriots have absolutely no controll over what a favre led jets team may do in the other 14 games they play).

everyone underestimated favre and the packers last year too.

The Patriot
08-07-2008, 12:00 AM
i had to see what the patticakes think about this on the pattiboard.

:jawdrop: HOLY COW! most are actually elated and convinced this will make the jets worse.

only a delusional patfan would think that clemens/pennington > favre.

the majority seems to think losing a 4th-2nd pick will make the jets WORSE (totally ignoring the fact that their team was willing to give up a 1st round pick to cheat). they think this is the nail in mangina's coffin :laughing:

holy shit. and i thought bunglefans and brownies were out of their mind. :doh:

what idiots.

(the pats will still win the division but not because the jets have to PLAY them 16 times. patfans have no idea that the patriots have absolutely no controll over what a favre led jets team may do in the other 14 games they play).

everyone underestimated favre and the packers last year too.

Oh dear me, a 38 year old QB is hooking up with a 4-12 Jets team that he's never played with before. I wonder how this one is going to turn out.

tony hipchest
08-07-2008, 12:08 AM
look.....! heres another one! ^^^^^^^ (living proof.... no link needed)

Oh dear me, a 38 year old QB is hooking up with a 4-12 Jets team that he's never played with before. I wonder how this one is going to turn out.:coffee:

excuse me. did you say something?

The Duke
08-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Oh dear me, a 38 year old QB is hooking up with a 4-12 Jets team that he's never played with before. I wonder how this one is going to turn out.

while the jets improved at QB and may have a better record his season they are still not a good team, which makes me wonder why favre agreed to play for them. is his desire to play that big? I thought he actually wanted to win something

anyway....the jets are obviously not gonna be worse, but that doesn't mean they will be much better, that team has worse problems

can't believe I am somewhat agreeing with a pats fan :horror:

X-Terminator
08-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Well, it sure didn't take long before our resident Pats* fans came out of the woodwork to downplay the trade, because now it ain't going to be such an easy road to the division title now that Favre has gone to the Jets.

And if they really think that he won't make a difference with that team, they're living in a fantasy world...well, even more of one than they already do. Brett proved last season that he can still play - I doubt that has changed going into this season. Whether or not it will be enough to get them into the playoffs remains to be seen, but the Jets WILL be better. Bank on it.

Funny thing now though is that the Jets are my Mom's second-favorite team (behind the Steelers, of course), and she HATES Favre. Gonna be an interesting conversation when I talk to her tomorrow :chuckle:

fansince'76
08-07-2008, 12:56 AM
Packers, Jets confirm deal to trade Favre

Green Bay, Wis. (AP) — The monthlong saga of Brett Favre’s unretirement ended Wednesday night when he was traded by the Green Bay Packers to the New York Jets.

The Packers had been talking with the Jets and Tampa Bay Buccaneers since deciding earlier this week that they could no longer co-exist with the player who won a Super Bowl and three MVP awards in 16 years with the team.

Terms of the trade weren’t immediately available.

The Packers decided to move forward with Aaron Rodgers as their starting quarterback after Favre announced his retirement in March. Given their commitment to Rodgers, team officials weren’t particularly receptive when Favre decided a little over a month ago that he might want to play after all—the latest development in several years’ worth of flip-flopping about his football future.

“Brett has had a long and storied career in Green Bay, and the Packers owe him a tremendous debt of gratitude for everything he accomplished on the field and for the impact he made in the state,” Green Bay officials said in a statement.

“It is with some sadness that we make this announcement, but also with the desire for certainty that will allow us to move the team and organization forward in the most positive way possible.”

Jets chairman and CEO Woody Johnson issued a statement early Thursday.

“I am looking forward to seeing Brett Favre in a New York Jets uniform,” Johnson said. “He represents a significant addition to this franchise, and reflects our commitment to putting the best possible team on the field.”

The agreement was first reported by Fox Sports on its Web site.

We just felt like this was an opportunity to go get somebody of Brett’s stature and what he’s accomplished,” Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum said during a conference call early Thursday morning. “We felt it was in the best interest of the team and when the opportunity presented itself, we felt it was the right move for us to make and we went ahead and did it.”

A number of fans made it clear throughout training camp that they wanted Favre on the Jets with signs and “Get Brett!” chants. Favre’s new No. 4 Jets jersey already was for sale on the team’s Web site about an hour after the trade was announced.

Tannenbaum, who said he had a “good” conversation with Favre, wouldn’t speculate whether the quarterback will play in New York beyond this season.

“We had discussions with him and his agent, Bus Cook,” Tannenbaum said, “and we’re going into this and we’re going to take this one year at a time and we’re excited to have Brett on the team this year.”

The arrival of Favre signals the end of Chad Pennington’s career with the Jets. Tannenbaum said there would be another transaction regarding Pennington, who spent his first eight seasons with the Jets.

“It’s a bittersweet moment for us,” Tannenbaum said. “I have all the respect in the world for Chad as a person, as a player. We’ve accomplished a lot of good things with Chad … He gave his heart and soul to this organization for a long, long time. I really appreciate everything he’s done.”

Favre left Green Bay on Wednesday, boarding a private plane that left for Hattiesburg, Miss. at 1:25 p.m. EDT with his wife, Deanna, and Cook. Favre’s family home is near Hattiesburg.

In Mississippi, Favre confirmed that he was considering the Jets and Buccaneers.

“We’re working on it,” Favre told Jackson TV station WJTV. “Hopefully, we can get something resolved. I’ve been saying that for quite a while now. I don’t want to say we’re running out of time, but I need to get into a camp somewhere.”

The 38-year-old Favre holds most major NFL passing records and led the Packers to the NFC Championship last season, where they lost to the New York Giants. But Favre threw what would prove to be the decisive interception in overtime.

The Jets went into training camp with an open competition between Pennington and Kellen Clemens after neither established themselves during a 4-12 season. Pennington was 1-7 as the starter and was benched midway through the season. Clemens went 3-5, but Pennington actually had the better season statistically.

After some hope for reconciliation between the franchise and perhaps its most beloved player earlier this week, the final split between the Packers and Favre became obvious Tuesday evening.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy told reporters on Tuesday that after approximately six hours of what he called “brutally honest” conversations over two days, the coach had determined that Favre doesn’t have the right mind-set to play for the Packers.

McCarthy said Favre couldn’t seem to get past emotional wounds that were opened as tensions mounted in recent weeks—even with the chance to win his starting job back potentially on the table.

“The train has left the station, whatever analogy you want,” McCarthy said Tuesday. “He needs to jump on the train and let’s go. Or, if we can’t get past things that have happened, I have to keep the train moving.”

McCarthy spoke to Favre again Tuesday night, but there was no indication that their conversation did anything to change the fractured relationship between Favre and the franchise.

“It was just very general,” McCarthy said of the conversation with Favre, who was excused from practice Wednesday. “Just how he was doing, where he was with the process, things like that.”

McCarthy said he was happy the rest of his players were getting a chance to move forward.

“We talked about it last night,” McCarthy said. “The players want resolution, they want what everybody wants. To come out here every day and talk about somebody that is not here and then shows up, it’s gone on too long, and understandably so. They want to play football.”

AP Sports Writers Dennis Waszak Jr. in New York and Brett Martel in New Orleans contributed to this report.

Favre Traded to Jets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-brettfavre&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Galax Steeler
08-07-2008, 04:22 AM
I am glad all of this is finally over I would love to see farve and the jet run all over the cheatriots.

stillers4me
08-07-2008, 05:38 AM
If Faneca can't protect Favre any better than he did Ben last year, the old man won't survive the first month.

Besides, I think this was Lord Favre's plan all along. Staging his "retirement" was his ticket out of Green Bay.

HometownGal
08-07-2008, 05:58 AM
i cant wait to see my man faneca chop block one of them cheap shot artists. :smile:

:thumbsup::laughing::rofl:

Get ready Cheats* fans - the Jets are comin' to git ya! :toofunny:

Favre and Laveranues Coles should be quite the tandem.

k7brown
08-07-2008, 06:03 AM
"F-A-V-R-E... JETS, JETS, JETS!!!!!"

silver & black
08-07-2008, 06:33 AM
It is on BSPN right now. They are already putting the Jets in the playoffs and jumping on the Jets bandwagon. I can not wait to listen to Mangirl and Meatball , er Mike and Mike in the Morning. That Mike Greenberg is going to squeal like the little Jets Mark that he is. He thinks his Jets are gonna win the AFC EAST. Um WRONG. Try again. Of course, I can't wait to see Rodney Harrison, Vince Wilfork , and Richard Seymour knock old man Farve on his ass in Week 2. :) Well, Farve wanted to play. Ok. Good luck!

For the record: Greenberg is being very realistic about the whole thing. He never once said the Jets were going to the playoffs... I don't know where you think you heard that.

Why shouldn't he be excited? He's a Jets fan... a real fan... one that sticks by his team... one that I, and everyone that understands what being a fan means, should respect.

It sounds like you just couldn't wait get on here and piss in his corn flakes. If you listened, you would know this.

silver & black
08-07-2008, 06:37 AM

Hmmm............ I remember a 38 year old QB playing in the SB not too long ago. :wink02:

GoFins11
08-07-2008, 07:37 AM
AWESOME...So that means I know already that the fins will lose at least 4 games in the division (jets, pats) :banging:

xfl2001fan
08-07-2008, 07:51 AM

I recall them making the playoffs two years ago and playing your team tough. The Jets with a Favre-ian vertical passing game (which will help open up the running game) is a very different team than a Noodle-Armed Pennington led team, or a Clueless Kellens led team. Teams won't be able to stack the box nearly as much as they did last year allowing for a more balanced game plan.

stlrtruck
08-07-2008, 07:59 AM
The only thing I'm dreading already is the BRADY AND BRETT MEDIA KNOB SLOB FEST twice a year!!!

revefsreleets
08-07-2008, 08:03 AM
This makes the Jets a much better team. They have a good Oline, good talent at WR with Cotchery and Coles, and I expect with some added balance Thomas Jones will build from last year and have a nice outting.

Favre wasn't going to go play from some shit team with no chance of making the playoffs. No way was this about money, either. I'm not pencilling them in for the SB, but there's a very good chance that the Jets are this years "worst to first" type storyline.

Hapa
08-07-2008, 08:40 AM
LOL a Pats fan! Look how ugly it is!

Dino 6 Rings
08-07-2008, 08:44 AM
This trade boggles my mind. New Jersey is such a hole and the Jets are the bottom of the 2 New Jersey teams. However, lets look at the Jets Schedule and see how things look for the guys in green.

@ Miami, Win
New England, Loss
@ San Diego, Loss
Arizona, Win
Bye
Cincinnati, Win
@Oakland, Win
Kansas City, Win
@Buffalo, Loss
St Louis, Win
@New England, Loss
@Tennessee, Win
Denver, Loss
@San Fran, Win
Buffalo, Win
@Seattle, Win
Miami, Win

Possible 10 or 11 wins now that the Jets have an actual QB.

Chances are not bad for the Jets to have a huge turn around.

steelwall
08-07-2008, 09:22 AM
The only thing I'm dreading already is the BRADY AND BRETT MEDIA KNOB SLOB FEST twice a year!!!

:chuckle: amen to that!!

revefsreleets
08-07-2008, 09:29 AM
This trade boggles my mind. New Jersey is such a hole and the Jets are the bottom of the 2 New Jersey teams. However, lets look at the Jets Schedule and see how things look for the guys in green.

@ Miami, Win
New England, Loss
@ San Diego, Loss
Arizona, Win
Bye
Cincinnati, Win
@Oakland, Win
Kansas City, Win
@Buffalo, Loss
St Louis, Win
@New England, Loss
@Tennessee, Win
Denver, Loss
@San Fran, Win
Buffalo, Win
@Seattle, Win
Miami, Win

Possible 10 or 11 wins now that the Jets have an actual QB.

Chances are not bad for the Jets to have a huge turn around.

Well, to be fair, I doubt Favre is going to be living in Camden or something. NY is a huge media market team and the fans will have a honeymoon for Favre as long as he can play at a high level. I think this was a good move for them...what team other than Tampa Bay and the Fins have a more glaring need at QB?

xfl2001fan
08-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Well, to be fair, I doubt Favre is going to be living in Camden or something. NY is a huge media market team and the fans will have a honeymoon for Favre as long as he can play at a high level. I think this was a good move for them...what team other than Tampa Bay and the Fins have a more glaring need at QB?

I'd say the Vikings need a QB more than Tampa Bay does. With their running game and defense, Favre could possibly hand them the NFC North.

The Fins need to ensure their offensive line is intact before they think about ruining a QBs career.

revefsreleets
08-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Pack was never going to let Favre go to a division rival. No way...that's why he went to the Jets in the first place.

Mosca
08-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Barring injury, I think the Jets are going to be exciting as hell to watch. It's not just Faneca on the line... now Faneca is teaching Mangold and Ferguson. their line is going to be really tough. That's what the old guy needs; time.

Pats fans forget that they've started each of the last 8 years with 6 Ws in the bag, based on their division. But now the rest of the division is better. Not that the Pats might not still win 6; but now you can't count them all in advance, either.

xfl2001fan
08-07-2008, 09:50 AM
That wasn't the question though. The question was who had a more glaring need. They were smart to send him to the Jets. They have a chance at making the playoffs if things work out for them, and it's an out of conference team. The only way they see Brett this year (outside of the media) is in the SB, which isn't a bad thing for them.

The Patriot
08-07-2008, 10:14 AM
This is the worse thing to happen since Culpepper went to Miami. :sofunny:

revefsreleets
08-07-2008, 10:24 AM
That wasn't the question though. The question was who had a more glaring need. They were smart to send him to the Jets. They have a chance at making the playoffs if things work out for them, and it's an out of conference team. The only way they see Brett this year (outside of the media) is in the SB, which isn't a bad thing for them.

Yes, it was the question, once you remove the obvious (which apparently I needed to leave in for you). The Pack was NEVER going to trade him or let him go to a division rival, or I certainly would have added in both Chicago and Minnesota. In fact, I was surprised that the Bears didn't trade for Derek Anderson...it would have given them a QB who has good numbers on paper and would have gotten the Browns back in the first 3 rounds of picks. The real reason the Bears DIDN'T trade for him is I suspect they know he's a paper tiger too.

Culpepper was injured and was never the same as before, plus the Dolphins were just awful. Favre can clearly still play, and the Jets are drafting well and improving.

Get ready for it, Pats fan...it may not happen this year, but the Jets are gonna lay the lumber to your team in revenge for embarrasing them last year. I can't wait for the day A) Just on general principle, because no team deserves the smackdown more than the Pats B) Karma is a bitch and C) To hear the whining and wailing and excuse making out of the whole NE fanbase. Bad winners, but worse losers...

It went around and now it's coming around...

X-Terminator
08-07-2008, 10:25 AM
This is the worse thing to happen since Culpepper went to Miami. :sofunny:

Only difference is the Jets are getting a QB who DOESN'T get hurt, and that whole "taking a sure 4-12 team to the NFCCG last season" thing...

lilyoder6
08-07-2008, 10:39 AM
i can't beleive that the jets only gave up a conditional 4th rd draft pick in 09 4 him.. i could rly careless wat happens to him and the jets.. but it would be nice to see them sweep the pats and dethrown them as the champs in the division...

Dino 6 Rings
08-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Word is that the if the Jets were to trade Favre to the Vikings, the Vikes would have to give the Packers 3 first round draft picks.

Question...if you fear seeing your old, not wanted, QB on a division rival, and demand 3 1st round draft picks...why the FCK would you allow him to leave and put all your eggs in the Rogers basket? Seriously...wtf...

Hope the Packers coach and GM have their bags packed.

fansince'76
08-07-2008, 11:29 AM
i can't beleive that the jets only gave up a conditional 4th rd draft pick in 09 4 him...

I can - it's not like he's going to be their QB for the next 10-12 years.

CantStop85
08-07-2008, 12:02 PM
I have a feeling that Favre will look more like the Favre from 05 and 06 than the 07 version, especially with having to adjust to a new, lesser talented team.

steelreserve
08-07-2008, 12:17 PM
All I thought when I heard this was, wow, they have to play the Patriots twice a year. I might as well just turn off the TV for those weeks, because all you'll hear are people going "OMG BRETT FAVRE VS TOM BRADY!!11!!1! WHOS THE GRATEST OF ALL TIME!!1"

I mean, you probably won't even be able to escape hearing that on the Food Network.

rbryan
08-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Favre's success last year is more an indication of how weak the NFC is than anything. I agree that he will look more like the 05 version than last years. I have to laugh when I hear some say the NFC East is the toughest division. The only thing that was more of a fluke than Favre last year was the Giants.

Favre will fall flat on his face in NY, mark it down.

stillers4me
08-07-2008, 12:35 PM
I have a feeling that Favre will look more like the Favre from 05 and 06 than the 07 version, especially with having to adjust to a new, lesser talented team.

You better hope so. The Bengals play the Jets the week before you play us. :helmet:

Godfather
08-07-2008, 01:29 PM
i can't beleive that the jets only gave up a conditional 4th rd draft pick in 09 4 him.. i could rly careless wat happens to him and the jets.. but it would be nice to see them sweep the pats and dethrown them as the champs in the division...

It's a 4th right now. It could be upgraded to a 3rd, 2nd, or even 1st (if the Jets make it to the Super Bowl).

stillers4me
08-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I wonder if the Jets are giving him his own dressing room like he had in Green Bay?

millwalldavey
08-07-2008, 01:48 PM
yawn................

St33lersguy
08-07-2008, 01:59 PM
This is great for the jets. The team should improve with the addition of Favre, Faneca , and all the other key players the Jets acquired. Playoffs? no but an improvement over last year? most likely.

missedgehead
08-07-2008, 03:23 PM
They will improve, maybe 3 games, not playoffs like BSPN is trying to say. I just think Farve is gonna revert back a few years ago to when he threw all those INTs as he is learning a new offense. It is gonna look WEIRD to see him in a different uni....yes, I know he was a Falcon before being a Packer, but still....he has been a Packer for so long.....as for the Packers......well, they got rid of him and now are in the Aaron Rodgers Era. Let's see how they do. If they do not do well with him, I am thinking some heads are gonna roll. Ted Thompson is gonna be known as the man who traded away Brett Farve for sure.

rbryan
08-07-2008, 03:36 PM
The Favre effect has managed to disrupt 4 different franchises so far this offseason. In addition to the turmoil he's caused in GB do you think it hasn't had a negative effect on TB and Minn as well??? All this speculation pretty much lets the QB's there know that thier FO has no faith in them. Maybe the Jets can trade him somewhere else altogether so he can screw up another franchise too.

Brett Favre = Biggest drama queen in NFL history

Mosca
08-07-2008, 03:41 PM

I know, but I can't answer those types of questions. that's why they play the games, after all.

CantStop85
08-07-2008, 04:02 PM
You better hope so. The Bengals play the Jets the week before you play us. :helmet:

Fine with me. We picked him off 5 times last time he played us. :chuckle:

HometownGal
08-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Get ready for it, Pats fan...it may not happen this year, but the Jets are gonna lay the lumber to your team in revenge for embarrasing them last year. I can't wait for the day A) Just on general principle, because no team deserves the smackdown more than the Pats B) Karma is a bitch and C) To hear the whining and wailing and excuse making out of the whole NE fanbase. Bad winners, but worse losers...

It went around and now it's coming around...

D) To know that Beliprick* must be blowing an artery knowing he can't cheat his team to a win, especially against the Jets who blew the whistle on his pompus ass. :laughing:

PUCK the FATS. :upyours:

revefsreleets
08-07-2008, 04:09 PM
It's coming. The Bills will most likely be the first team to deliver the Pats their big effing dose of crow, but maybe the Jets will step up.

Rumors of Favre's reversion to prior form are wildly exaggerated, but it is fun to hate on him a little. Truthfully, the whole thing was a fuster cluck...

xfl2001fan
08-07-2008, 04:56 PM
I'm just curious as to which team will show up. Will it be the team from last year, at 4-12, or a team that resembles the one from two years ago, gritty and playing the Cheatriots tough?

A strong armed QB will open things up for the running game allowing for the offense (as a whole) to be better.

tony hipchest
08-07-2008, 05:16 PM
pennington has been released and the dolphins are already calling his agent.

good place for him, i think. there or minnesota.

The Duke
08-07-2008, 05:26 PM
They will improve, maybe 3 games, not playoffs like BSPN is trying to say. I just think Farve is gonna revert back a few years ago to when he threw all those INTs as he is learning a new offense. It is gonna look WEIRD to see him in a different uni....yes, I know he was a Falcon before being a Packer, but still....he has been a Packer for so long.....as for the Packers......well, they got rid of him and now are in the Aaron Rodgers Era. Let's see how they do. If they do not do well with him, I am thinking some heads are gonna roll. Ted Thompson is gonna be known as the man who traded away Brett Farve for sure.

favre is not gonna regress, his team (jets) is just not good enough, that's why they'll fail imo. favre was awful a few years back cause he had a terrible team around him. mccarthy ade that team better, that's why they were good last year and will still be good with rodgers

and the NFC isn't overated, giants won the super bowl afterall....

pennington has been released and the dolphins are already calling his agent.

good place for him, i think. there or minnesota.

good for miami, cause what I've been reading all 3 qbs have been below average. henne seems to have an edge, but they ay not start a rookie

Murabma
08-07-2008, 05:45 PM

You're forgetting about the additions of Pace, Jenkins, Woody, Faneca and Franks in FA and losing only Vilma, who was hurt last year anyways, and adding Gholston and Keller in the draft. They've closed the gap, no doubt about it. if this team gels, they could certainly be a wildcard contender. I'm a Bills fan, so it's no good for us either, but I at least have to call them like I see them, rather than through homer colored glasses. I'd suggest you try to remove yours every now and then.....

revefsreleets
08-07-2008, 05:50 PM
The Bills and Jets are working hard and moving in the right direction. Know this: At least 6 times a year, I become a HUGE AFC East fan (Bills, Fins and Jets, of course)...

Puck the Fats!

xfl2001fan
08-07-2008, 06:15 PM
The Bills and Jets are working hard and moving in the right direction. Know this: At least 6 times a year, I become a HUGE AFC East fan (Bills, Fins and Jets, of course)...

Puck the Fats!

In a rare occurrence...:iagree:

revefsreleets
08-07-2008, 06:40 PM
The young Padawan learner could gain much knowledge from the master, he could...So certain are you. Always with you it cannot be done. Hear you nothing that I say?

Carolina Steelers
08-07-2008, 06:56 PM
This whole Brett thing is funny to me Yes he is a Hall of Famer but lets not forget before last year season he had 2 rough years, and people were saying Brett is done. Now you got guys like Chris Mortenson saying on (The Herd Show ESPN Radio) That the jets will win 11-12 gms and get a Wild Card. He said the Pats, Colts,and the Chargers are better but they are better than the 2nd place AFC North team ie Browns, Steelers. So he said Jags will get one wild card spot and the Jets will get the other. I JUST DONT SEE IT. JETS will end up no better the .500

xfl2001fan
08-07-2008, 06:56 PM
The young Padawan learner could gain much knowledge from the master, he could...So certain are you. Always with you it cannot be done. Hear you nothing that I say?

:rofl: That was good bro! :drink:

The Patriot
08-07-2008, 08:13 PM
You're forgetting about the additions of Pace, Jenkins, Woody, Faneca and Franks in FA and losing only Vilma, who was hurt last year anyways, and adding Gholston and Keller in the draft. They've closed the gap, no doubt about it. if this team gels, they could certainly be a wildcard contender. I'm a Bills fan, so it's no good for us either, but I at least have to call them like I see them, rather than through homer colored glasses. I'd suggest you try to remove yours every now and then.....

Great, so I guess the Bills, Jets, and Fins are all about to have turnaround seasons.

JPPT1974
08-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Jets are already embracing him, all of a sudden!

Murabma
08-08-2008, 05:50 AM
Great, so I guess the Bills, Jets, and Fins are all about to have turnaround seasons.

And if your team plays anywhere near as crappy as it did last night, it's going to be a dogfight in the AFCE this year. Admittedly you didn't play a number of starters, but it looks like the Ravens didn't either......

stlrtruck
08-08-2008, 08:52 AM
And if your team plays anywhere near as crappy as it did last night

It's what happens when they can no longer recall video tapes

The Patriot
08-08-2008, 08:54 AM
And if your team plays anywhere near as crappy as it did last night, it's going to be a dogfight in the AFCE this year. Admittedly you didn't play a number of starters, but it looks like the Ravens didn't either......

Last year we lost our first two preseaon games to the Bucs and the Titans. I'm not worried.

SteelersMongol
08-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Last year we lost our first two preseaon games to the Bucs and the Titans. I'm not worried.

See, that's what happens when the Pats try to play without cheating. You should be worried, unless ... you're thinking about cheating again. :popcorn:

lilyoder6
08-08-2008, 09:36 PM
well if i was a favre fan or even a jets fan.. i would be wrying like shit right now.. i mean favre is on the cover of madden.. so brett is gonna have a hard time fighting off the madden curse

revefsreleets
08-08-2008, 10:09 PM
But he's on the cover as a Packer. This will test the theory...is it the player or the team?

Since Favre is like the ultimate ironman of the QB position, I'm betting a Packer star gets whacked with the curse this year...

tony hipchest
08-08-2008, 11:42 PM
But he's on the cover as a Packer. This will test the theory...is it the player or the team?

Since Favre is like the ultimate ironman of the QB position, I'm betting a Packer star gets whacked with the curse this year...lol. true. javon walker is an ex packer star.... perhaps hes cleared favre and the rest of the packers.

you just know john madden was filling up his "Depends", as soon as brett announced his unretirement though :laughing:

Steelman16
08-09-2008, 12:58 AM
lol. true. javon walker is an ex packer star.... perhaps hes cleared favre and the rest of the packers.

you just know john madden was filling up his "Depends", as soon as brett announced his unretirement though :laughing:

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

My bet goes with the team...the Pack don't make the playoffs this year.

sixstringlass
08-09-2008, 06:21 AM
All I thought when I heard this was, wow, they have to play the Patriots twice a year. I might as well just turn off the TV for those weeks, because all you'll hear are people going "OMG BRETT FAVRE VS TOM BRADY!!11!!1! WHOS THE GRATEST OF ALL TIME!!1"

I mean, you probably won't even be able to escape hearing that on the Food Network.

:sofunny:

I joked today that the "NFL" in "NFL Network" stood for the "National Favre Lookout." Seriously. I am ALREADY tired of the Favre wank.

Aren't there some other teams to report about? At least another player? Sheesh.

xfl2001fan
08-09-2008, 07:44 AM
What do you mean? There is the Packers and how Favre's departure will affect them. There's the Jets and Favres arrival and what it means. There's the Buccaneers and how Favre not getting traded there affects Jeff Garcia. There's the Vikings who are doomed for a similar season to last years because Favre won't be there.

They've been reporting on the only 4 teams left in the NFL since Favre returned.