PDA

View Full Version : Gameday parking

andre
08-07-2008, 11:43 PM
Hello all. Newbie here.

Born and raised in Toronto and been a Steeler fan for 28 years since Superbowl XiV. Making my first trek down to Steeltown with my son for opening day as his birthday present.

This is going to be a day trip for us (6 hour drive each way - yes, it will be a long day, but well worth it), so I would appreciate some guidance for parking. We'll be leaving right after the game and I want to avoid being tied up for hours in traffic getting out of the stadium vicinity. Don't want to park too close, so that I can avoid that, but also don't want to park so far that it would be a long walk/shuttle bus/T/boat ride/whatever and waste a couple hours getting back to the car after game time. That would get us home in the wee hours which I'm trying to avoid since my son (will be turning 8 that week) has school the next morning.

Judging from afar and without really knowing the area or the after-game congestion (we need to head to I-279N so I figure North Shore parking would be the place to start), my instinct tells me to park at the Allegheny center and walk to and from Heinz field. Is that a good/bad idea? Any other suggestions? My son has a disability so I have a disabled parking pass if that helps at all, though it's not necessary that I park close for that reason.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Andre

Stlrs4Life
08-08-2008, 07:16 AM
Go to any of the parking garages in this link:

http://www.alcoparking.com/images/gameday_view.jpg

andre
08-08-2008, 02:13 PM
That's great - thanks.

Now can you tell me which of those lots might be the best to use given my quick egress desire?

Stlrs4Life
08-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Blue 10 N Shore Garage.