PDA

View Full Version : Ben aims for return against Colts

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2005, 02:36 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05325/610045.stm

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, dressed in uniform with his cap on backward, tried to match injured Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis as the most expensive cheerleader on the sideline yesterday.

He would like to retire those duties next week and play in his first game in a month when the Steelers travel to Indianapolis for a Monday night game.

"I'll do everything I can," Roethlisberger said after the game yesterday. "Every day it's getting a little better."

Roethlisberger went through many of his pregame rituals on the field, throwing to quarterbacks coach Mark Whipple. He appeared to favor the right knee that was bandaged. He had knee surgery Nov. 3 to remove a piece of torn meniscus. Asked how it felt, he said, "It doesn't feel good when you lose."

The Steelers dressed him in case of an emergency and probably would have used Antwaan Randle El at quarterback if something happened to Tommy Maddox. Roethlisberger said he never discussed entering the game at any point.

Koopa
11-21-2005, 02:41 AM
well he better return monday or you can stick a fork in that game casue we'll have no chance in hell to even keep it close if maddox is out there

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2005, 02:43 AM
Koopa, how in the hell can ur mood be relaxed.. ur as fired up as I am still !!!

I know what you mean man, we better get Farrior, Marvel, and Ben back for next week !!

pitt
11-21-2005, 10:44 AM
Without Ben I don't think we stand a chance. Neither Tommy or Charlie will be able to keep up with the Colts.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Ben will return Monday.I think Cowher kept Ben out of the game to protect him more from the Ravens than his knee.We all know that the Ravens would have liked nothing more that to end Ben's season (or even career) Sunday afternoon.

Rotorhead
11-21-2005, 01:56 PM
I agree, he will be back, just hope he doesnt have too much rust! We definately need to have an up game, but it is fortunately not a must win for us, the Bungles is the must win game for us. This game will only help us for playoff seedings, and it means nothing unless the Broncos lose and the Colts drop 2 more (which could happen) So it is time to be a Chargers fan haha!

Koopa
11-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Koopa, how in the hell can ur mood be relaxed.. ur as fired up as I am still !!!

I know what you mean man, we better get Farrior, Marvel, and Ben back for next week !!

i'm relaxed cause the colts won and that means we still lead the division.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Yeah, thats a plus !! But im not sure Ive seen a relaxed mood from you till now :rofl:

BB2W
11-21-2005, 06:15 PM
I really hope he is ready to go. :hope:

clevestinks
11-21-2005, 06:26 PM
If Maddox were to start against the Colts, I`m not sure I could watch!!!!!!!!!!!

theclanc
11-21-2005, 06:35 PM
:sign04: The Steelers will have a great game on Monday against the Colts. You know everyone will step up and play agressive as hell because they want to be the ones to beat the undeafeted Colts. Look at last year's wins over the Eagles and the Patriots.

:shout: GET PUMPED UP :beerbang: I know I am

Atlanta Dan
11-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Either Ben's recovery is going slowly or Cowher knew Ben would be running for his life since Smith did not play. Ben would have gotten off passes when Maddox was sacked, but there is a real chance he would have reinjured his knee and the season would be shot -it was painful to watch Maddox but seeing Ben lying on the ground grabbing his knee after a Ravens cheap shot would have been far worse.

With regard to the ealier post about hoping the Chargers beat the Colts, lose that thought. The Steelers are more likely to be worrying about beating out the Chargers for a wild card than catching Indy by this time next month.

Of the last six games only Detroit at home to end the season is an obviously easy win. Indy & Cincy are clearly tough, but the Minnesota + Cleveland road games, plus the Chicago home game, are no gimmes anymore.

SteelrsRck
11-21-2005, 11:15 PM
not after yesterday i agree

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-21-2005, 11:26 PM
We need ben in there
But if our offensive line plays like last week we can assume that Ben will be out another 3 weeks.
our OL sucks this year....all of them.......

BlitzburghRockCity
11-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Either Ben's recovery is going slowly or Cowher knew Ben would be running for his life since Smith did not play. Ben would have gotten off passes when Maddox was sacked, but there is a real chance he would have reinjured his knee and the season would be shot -it was painful to watch Maddox but seeing Ben lying on the ground grabbing his knee after a Ravens cheap shot would have been far worse.

If Ben went in and played and aggravated that knee and we still one, we'd be sunk this week against the colts and wouldnt up any better after this coming week than we are now.

I'd rather have had him sit if he wasnt ready.. but still, damn we need him back bad!