PDA

View Full Version : Good Omen from Cleveland.

Edman
08-08-2008, 10:32 AM
They've made a "Pittsburgh Sucks" thread. They've done this for years and Pittsburgh continues to stomp them several times over. Call it a vote of confidence, or good karma. And it seems the longest a Pittsburgh sucks thread runs, the worse the beating. BTW, Pittsburgh LEADS the all time series, not tied it. Make sure to inform your misguided buddies of that.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547

That means It's very, VERY likely we'll sweep the turds again this year. Gotta love it, eh, Cleveland?

The Duke
08-08-2008, 10:42 AM
lol, that's funny

I understand we having browns suck and bengals suck threads, but at least our team beats them. browns haven't beaten the steelers in years. at least even the bengals won some games

pathetic

xfl2001fan
08-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Oh wow...a Browns thread that has a "Pittsburgh Sucks" thread! In breaking news, Brett Favre is a QB.

Seriously? You make a thread about another thread from another site? Lame bro, seriously lame. What do you expect on a Browns forum? I have no problem with a Browns suck thread on a Steelers forum. I don't go to other's Browns sites discussing what's said in a smack-talk thread on this site.

You've got to be able to do better than this.

The real absurdity here is that you are superstitious enough to believe that the Browns (or Steelers) performance is somehow connected to an event such as the creation of a thread with that particular title.

Does this require the creation on a specific Browns site...or will any old Browns site do? Enquiring minds want to know!

I expect better smack talk from Steelers members here.

steelwall
08-08-2008, 10:59 AM

I guess the overwhelming use of the 2 words "Pittsburgh sucks" in said thread with no back up (since the browns havenít actually beaten Pittsburgh in years) makes for better smack talk?

The continuous use of phrases like "it's 10:45 am and Pittsburgh still sucks" then at 11, 12, 2, so on and so on, is something Steelers fans could not possibly think of, or retort.

Currently there is little need for smack talk on our part, our performance against the browns pretty much speaks for itself.:coffee:

xfl2001fan
08-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Have you seen me talk smack about the Steelers? Go through that entire thread, you'll see that I posted nothing.

Should the Browns win in Week 2, the only thing I'll have to say (outside of actual game commentary) that will resemble smack talk is:

"That's one in a row."

Quote it, pin it, whatever you've got to do. I won't turn into a Browns Troll who will immediately start spouting a "Steelers Suck" mentality. I haven't believed the Steelers were even close to a mediocre team (let alone a shitty one) since Kordell's days as QB.

As I said, I expect better smack talk from Steelers members here. I don't know how many times I've visited that particular site, but I can guarantee you that's the first time I've been over there at all since I joined this site. For that matter, I'm not even sure I'm a member there. I've left other Browns sites when I thought they were just being trolls.

If there truly is little need for smack talk on Steelers part, then why was this thread created?

steelwall
08-08-2008, 11:24 AM
If there truly is little need for smack talk on Steelers part, then why was this thread created?

Can't speak for the poster, but seems to be more of a jab at (those) Browns fans in the thread, rather than a jab at the team. However, smack talk is smack talk, I'm not against it.....

xfl2001fan
08-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Can't speak for the poster, but seems to be more of a jab at (those) Browns fans in the thread, rather than a jab at the team. However, smack talk is smack talk, I'm not against it.....

If this was a site of Trolls, I can see you guys attacking Browns Trolls which (in my limited visit to that site and that thread in particular) is what appears to be over there. I don't deal with Trolls. From any team at any level.

Smack talk is good, but don't stoop to that level. Idiots will beat you with experience every time.

Basing your teams expectations on a Trolls thread is beneath the fans of this site. I don't like your team, but I can respect them. I don't like the fans of your team, but I can respect them. This site has fans worthy of respect, stuping to stoopidity is asinine and I'll pull out the "Stop Stoopid" card fast here! (Yes, that last sentence had three mis-spells on purpose).

fansince'76
08-08-2008, 11:51 AM
This site has fans worthy of respect, stuping to stoopidity is asinine and I'll pull out the "Stop Stoopid" card fast here! (Yes, that last sentence had three mis-spells on purpose).

That was a good one! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

steelwall
08-08-2008, 12:09 PM
That was a good one! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: yeah I guess we here are above/smart enough to not be lulled into superstitions but not smart enough to figure out intentional misspellings.

xfl2001fan
08-08-2008, 12:13 PM
:laughing: yeah I guess we here are above/smart enough to not be lulled into superstitions but not smart enough to figure out intentional misspellings.

I just figured (this being the Blast Furnace and me being a Browns fan) that if I didn't throw out the disclaimer, I'd get blasted hard. Without the dislcaimer, someone says something, I try to defend myself and :banging:

Edman
08-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Oh wow...a Browns thread that has a "Pittsburgh Sucks" thread! In breaking news, Brett Favre is a QB.

Seriously? You make a thread about another thread from another site? Lame bro, seriously lame. What do you expect on a Browns forum? I have no problem with a Browns suck thread on a Steelers forum. I don't go to other's Browns sites discussing what's said in a smack-talk thread on this site.

You've got to be able to do better than this.

The real absurdity here is that you are superstitious enough to believe that the Browns (or Steelers) performance is somehow connected to an event such as the creation of a thread with that particular title.

Does this require the creation on a specific Browns site...or will any old Browns site do? Enquiring minds want to know!

I never said I have a problem with it, Brownie. I love it when Cleveland fans say we suck or other things like Ben is overrated, How we lost so-and-so and how we'll suffer for it. Cleveland fans are basically wrong about everything when it comes to the Steelers these past years.

tony hipchest
08-08-2008, 12:15 PM
holy chebus. ive never EVER seen a brownfan type the letters s...t...o...o.... without s.t.o.o.l.e.r.s. spewing out of their mouth (or fingertips).

amazing :thumbsup:

xfl2001fan
08-08-2008, 12:34 PM
I never said I have a problem with it, Brownie. I love it when Cleveland fans say we suck or other things like Ben is overrated, How we lost so-and-so and how we'll suffer for it. Cleveland fans are basically wrong about everything when it comes to the Steelers these past years.

I'm just trying to figure the mentality of a longstanding member of this site. Most of the regular posters I understand where there thinking leads them. Even if I disagree with them. Your post indicates that a certain thread was what is necessary for the Steelers to win two (more) in a row against the Browns.

Not all Cleveland fans are the same just like not all Steelers fans are the same. Your team has its trolls, my team has its trolls. I'm not one of those trolls, I'd rather not be lumped in with them.

Ultimately, I was just pointing out the absurdity of your post. As stated, I expect better from a Stoolers (that's for you Tony! LOL) fan on this site.

stlrtruck
08-08-2008, 02:49 PM
To be honest with you if I went to a rival's board, I would expect to see a "Steelers Suck" thread. Just like we have the "Browns Suck" and the classic, "In 1492 Columbus discovered" threads here.

If the opposing team's fans didn't think we sucked, then they wouldn't be much of a fan.

Besides, who cares - it's a browns board.

43Hitman
08-08-2008, 03:43 PM
To be honest with you if I went to a rival's board, I would expect to see a "Steelers Suck" thread. Just like we have the "Browns Suck" and the classic, "In 1492 Columbus discovered" threads here.

If the opposing team's fans didn't think we sucked, then they wouldn't be much of a fan.

Besides, who cares - it's a browns board.

Exactly, the fact that we are even giving the clowns board this much validity makes me sick.

HometownGal
08-08-2008, 04:15 PM
I don't like your team, but I can respect them. I don't like the fans of your team, but I can respect them.

If I were a Browns fan, I wouldn't like the Steelers either. 8 beatdowns in a row is pretty dominant, I'd say. :chuckle::flap: :wink02:

You don't like fans of our team? Awwwwww - you hurt my wittle feelings. :crying01::crying01:

This site has fans worthy of respect, stuping to stoopidity is asinine and I'll pull out the "Stop Stoopid" card fast here! (Yes, that last sentence had three mis-spells on purpose).

:laughing::rofl::toofunny:

Whenever you see a picture of . . .

http://www.mrfuns.com/images/mortimer.gif

you'll know there is an outright stoopid post contained in that thread. :chuckle:

xfl2001fan
08-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Whenever you see a picture of . . .

http://www.mrfuns.com/images/mortimer.gif

you'll know there is an outright stoopid post contained in that thread. :chuckle:

Sadly enough, I see that every time you post...what does that mean? LOL (Sorry hun, couldn't resist.)

revefsreleets
08-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Can I please have the 3 minutes of my life I wasted reading this thread back?

HometownGal
08-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Sadly enough, I see that every time you post...what does that mean? LOL (Sorry hun, couldn't resist.)

BITE ME! Enough comments from the outhouse pit from you, Browns fan. LOL.

http://www.jonco48.com/blog/bite_20me.jpg

Google Mortimer Snerd. :chuckle: You're probably too young to remember Edgar Bergen and his puppets.

xfl2001fan
08-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Can I please have the 3 minutes of my life I wasted reading this thread back?

What, were you expecting something insightful? In a thread using the word "Omen" in the title inside the Blast Furnace? :noidea:

HometownGal
08-08-2008, 06:09 PM
What, were you expecting something insightful? In a thread using the word "Omen" in the title inside the Blast Furnace? :noidea:

Us silly savages - we should have known nothing "Good" has ever come out of Cleveland, especially a "good" football team. :doh:

xfl2001fan
08-08-2008, 06:16 PM
BITE ME! Enough comments from the outhouse pit from you, Browns fan. LOL.

Google Mortimer Snerd. :chuckle: You're probably too young to remember Edgar Bergen and his puppets.

The last woman that said that to me was bitten. Poor soul ended up marrying me too. :doh: I'll let it slide this time (for the sanctity of my marriage more than anything else!) lol

I recognize the doll, but you're right, I'm way too young to have seen the guy.

Jeff Dunham is the only ventriloquist I've actually seen on TV.

xfl2001fan
08-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Us silly savages - we should have known nothing "Good" has ever come out of Cleveland, especially a "good" football team. :doh:
Sadly enough, this thread was created by one of you savages! And we used to have a good football team. It's been a while...but it did exist. (I'm going to go cry now...)

Then again, maybe not. You posted and that doll appeared again.

Peace offering? Let's get into the holiday spirit!
wskT6YfVB6E

revefsreleets
08-08-2008, 09:18 PM
The first post was okay...4 out of ten stars.

And it rapidly went downhill from there.

j-dawg
08-08-2008, 09:41 PM
OMEN.... I LOVE THOSE MOVIES!!!

remember the one with gregory peck? when the dude's head pops off from the flying glass sheet?

man those films rocked!!

xfl2001fan
08-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Ummm...nope. Never saw any movie called Omen.

j-dawg
08-09-2008, 05:20 AM
Ummm...nope. Never saw any movie called Omen.

:popcorn: the omen films are great.... this thread however is not...

Steelman16
08-10-2008, 01:58 AM
:popcorn: the omen films are great.... this thread however is not...

Only because the above two posters are involved. :coffee:

xfl2001fan
08-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Only because the above two posters are involved. :coffee:And your insight has added so much to this thread!:yawn:

j-dawg
08-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Only because the above two posters are involved. :coffee:

:bat: them are fighting words....:moon:

Steelman16
08-10-2008, 08:15 PM
And your insight has added so much to this thread!:yawn:

The very word 'Cleveland' in the title dooms the insightfulness anyway.

:bat: them are fighting words....:moon:

Sure...how about my team versus yours? :popcorn:

revefsreleets
08-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Die thread, die!

HometownGal
08-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Die thread, die!

You took the ink right outta my font. :doh:

fansince'76
08-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Die thread, die!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/124/365437137_4075639f9d.jpg

:evil: :chuckle:

xfl2001fan
08-11-2008, 08:54 PM
The very word 'Cleveland' in the title dooms the insightfulness anyway.

Sure...how about my team versus yours? :popcorn:

Is insightfulness a word? LOL

You shall get your wish in W2. (Just to keep the thread alive! :flap:)

CantStop85
08-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Is insightfulness a word? LOL

Yes.

The noun form of insightful.