PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Defense Looks Slow?

Elvis
08-09-2008, 06:45 AM
:tt02: Thats A Tribute To The Steelers Offensive Speed In My Opinion.

What you think about that? Parker looks just as fast as ever and Mendenhall looked very potent as well. I just love what I saw from our O Line 1st team last night, but it is just one game and I am gonna try not to get too excited.

stillers4me
08-09-2008, 06:52 AM
We thought the first series looked pretty fine, too! And our defense......whoa! And we're not even showing the good stuff, yet!

xfl2001fan
08-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Keep in mind, that if you were going vanilla, so was Philly. This game proved very little about schemes and such.

Philly is known as a heavy blitz team. Their players were brought in to fit a heavy blitzing scheme. Their defense isn't going to look nearly as good when they're not blitzing near as much.

scsteeler
08-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Yes the Eagles were vanilla in their defense but the O-line did prove to be much better. Still too soon after one game but I like what I saw.

X-Terminator
08-09-2008, 10:10 AM
I think it was a combination of the Eagles not showing their defense (even though everyone knows what scheme they run) and the Steelers showing some serious speed on both sides of the ball. It's just a glimpse of the total package, but it looked pretty darn good, especially the offense.

As for the OL, they played pretty well last night, but like others have said, I want to see how well they play as the preseason wears on. Hopefully they will not do what they did last year and wait until the final game before settling on their starters, and then wonder why they struggled so much.

Galax Steeler
08-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Neither team showed all of their stuff but in the first seires our offensive line held their own.

BlastFurnace
08-09-2008, 11:57 AM
We play them in week 3. They weren't going to show us anything last night.

Boomerang
08-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Keeping it realistic but it was good to see FWP back in action and the Ben -Santo combo looking good.

Blitzburgh_Fever
08-10-2008, 12:26 AM
Keeping it realistic but it was good to see FWP back in action and the Ben -Santo combo looking good.

That Tone touchdown looked ridiculously easy for Ben and Santonio. I realized it's preseason, but Holmes burned by defenders. I can't tell if he's gotten even more ridiculously fast or if the Eagles truly didn't care that much.

billybob
08-10-2008, 12:59 AM
Things will heat up in the upcoming weeks.The "Mach 5" will establish themselves,and the defense will come together.Was it the Eagles defense that was slow,or was it just our Steel boys being fast?