PDA

View Full Version : Steelers looking at Leftwich

GBMelBlount
08-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Byron Leftwich, a former starter for the Jacksonville Jaguars and Atlanta Falcons, is scheduled to arrive in Pittsburgh for a workout today and possibly sign with the Steelers. Atlanta released Leftwich, 28, in February.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08222/903126-66.stm

Batch should be back in six weeks and Dixon, though he will take a while to learn the system and transition, played well imo. Personally I am not overly concerned.

7/39/43
08-09-2008, 08:12 AM
I think I would let it be too
Leftwich is a bum so leave him the odd man out

Atlanta Dan
08-09-2008, 08:42 AM
Falcons kept Joey Harrington and let Leftwich go - hope Charlie is a fast healer

The Lakelander
08-09-2008, 08:50 AM
I hope we don't sign Leftwich. Horrible choice!

They'll shop no doubt.

St33lersguy
08-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Not smart. The doctors said 4-6 weeks meaning he misses the preseason and maybe 1-2 regular season games. Besides, Leftwich is a downgrade to Batch. He is on the level of ex Steeler QBs like Malone, Stewart, Maddox. How about not getting anyone since there is no good QBs left. I am sure Jacksonville misses him :chuckle:

Mosca
08-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Chris Simms? Tampa will probably cut him right at the end of training camp.

I don't think Leftwich has the skills any more, but I've always admired the guy's heart and competitive spirit.

Aussie_steeler
08-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Ken Anderson has worked with Leftwich at the Jags. Sounds like he will get first workout as a result of the past association

GutterflowerSteel
08-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Ewww ... not Leftwich. Who else is out there?

Get well SOON, Charlie!

billybob
08-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Ben stepped up his rookie year and we know what happened with that. Batch will be back,and as a starter for our team is unmatched.What is he 3-0 or 4-0 as a starter?Dixon is here for a reason,if he needs to get plunged into a game headfirst,then so be it.Leftwich is not an answer for us,i'm sorry.Get ready Dixon!!!!!!!!!!!!thats all i can say.

Hapa
08-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Leftwich is a bum.

xfl2001fan
08-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Think of it this way, this is more reps for the rookie to learn his trade in the preseason. He's only necessary if Ben goes down.

DACEB
08-09-2008, 09:54 AM
I don't think Leftwich has the skills any more, but I've always admired the guy's heart and competitive spirit.

Ben stepped up his rookie year and we know what happened with that. Dixon is here for a reason,if he needs to get plunged into a game headfirst,then so be it.

Agreed, but if Batch is out for longer we can always sign Leftwich until he comes back. Leftwich would occupy Batch's spot for the first six weeks of the season. With that at least you would have a veteran presence.

Dixon looked good IMO, (needs to work on the screens). When you have a young backup it's always nice if they've got wheels, and this kid can move. He didn't look out of place, at least, and made some quick decisions.

Aussie_steeler
08-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Yes dixon will get more reps in camp and preseason games but I just dont see the steelers FO taking that big a risk.

They will sign another experienced QB to vet minimum as insurance. They will err on the side of caution.

billybob
08-09-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm fine with that,but what i am trying to establish,is that these kids coming out of college now a days are more nfl ready than ever before.Ben did it remarkably well,and Dixon may step up his game as well.I say do not jump the gun so soon.The "mach 5" will be more important than ever,since Batch is on vacation for a few weeks.There must not be any panic here.

Galax Steeler
08-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Hopefully we won't need his services and batch will get back in time for the start of the season.

revefsreleets
08-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Leftwich brings the Jax playbook with him, and we play them this year, so there is that...

BlastFurnace
08-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Help me out guys. I don't see anything positive about Dennis Dixon. Perhaps I am having flashbacks of Kordell Stewart here...but what I saw last night was terrible footwork and innacurate throws.

Two writers of the Steelers, Bouchette and Dale Lolley have both commented on how awful this kid has looked in practice.

For my preference, I hope I never see Dixon as our starting QB for a QTR, game, or season.

rbryan
08-09-2008, 11:32 AM
If Ben goes down we're screwed. Even w/o the collarbone CB looked older and slower and more unsure of himself than ever. You're kidding yourself if you think he's the answer, healthy or not.

Dixon was a wasted pick. Most everyone saw that b4 last night and he certainly didn't show anything to the contrary with his performance. Dixon doesn't remind me of Kordell at all. At least KS was an athlete and looked the part. Dixon couldn't carry Kordells's jock.....literally

I'd take just about anyone but Leftwich, but we better get somebody in here quick.

Atlanta Dan
08-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Help me out guys. I don't see anything positive about Dennis Dixon. Perhaps I am having flashbacks of Kordell Stewart here...but what I saw last night was terrible footwork and innacurate throws.

Two writers of the Steelers, Bouchette and Dale Lolley have both commented on how awful this kid has looked in practice.

For my preference, I hope I never see Dixon as our starting QB for a QTR, game, or season.

If Dixon is ever the starter for a season it will mean Ben has suffered a career ending injury so I certainly hope that does not occur either - OTOH if Dixon comes in to do mop up duty in the 4th quarter of a 5 TD blowout I can handle that:grin:

The Dixon pick was someone getting too clever for the team's good in the middle rounds (like trading up for a punter coming off ACL surgery who was complaining to the doctor his post-surgical knee still did not feel right) with the hope they saw something nobody else did - with the upcoming 2009 FA departures not drafting for need is a dubious practice

rick723
08-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Leftwich is a bum.

Culpepper too, I don't want either one of these guys. Batch makes good decissions. I saw these guys playing before and they can't find their ass with both hands:rofl:

aclark99
08-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Leftwich is coming to town just for a look. There are other QB's out there that might fit our offense a little better then Leftwich such as Culpeper. He would be our back up but could also fill in just like Batch. He would work well with our receiving corp.

steeltheone
08-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Please no Leftwitch.....Gotta be someone better

Edman
08-09-2008, 12:50 PM
This doesn't sound good. Leftwich sucks. But do we have a choice right now? Better than the equally horrible "He knows the system" Brian St. Pierre, who's currently in Pittsburgh West, and Dixon needs a little more polish to be a number 2, in fact he needs much more bench time. He looked absolutely horrible last night against the Eagles 2nd and 3rd teamers.

Leftwich is just coming in for a look, and it's not like we'll be paying him starter money.

Hope Charlie gets better, but the sad truth is that he's no spring chicken and isn't going to be around much longer. Especially with the mounting injuries.

Stlrs4Life
08-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Well, let's see what he can do.

rick723
08-09-2008, 01:24 PM
I don't want Culpepper either

SuckItUp
08-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I absolutely agree with you, Blast Furnace. Dixon SUCKS! I have no idea what people are seeing when they get all excited about him. The only thing I'm seeing is nerves. He's so anxious that he can't stay in the pocket for longer than 2 seconds, and very few q.b.s besides Big Ben are more accurate passing while running. Dixon is not one of them. Just imagine if the eagle's defense game planned for Dixon as our q.b.! LOL

tony hipchest
08-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Leftwich brings the Jax playbook with him, and we play them this year, so there is that...thats what i was initially thinking but then though "wouldnt ken anderson have brought that same information over last year?"

granted it wouldnt help prevent ben throwing 3 int's in the 1st half or a bogus non holding call near the end.

personally, i think pennington woulda been a great fit, as offenses usually tailor it down and go a bit more conservative with the #2 anyways.

i think leftwich would be a great teammate and fit in well.

redst3
08-09-2008, 01:37 PM
This is a serious question because i dont understand...what's some of your problems with Leftwich? Are you all saying he is a bum because of the talent level? Or are you saing he has a bad attitude?

If its the talent level then think about the fact that he is only being signed as a back-up. There's no doubt he would be a step down from Charlie but I though that Dixon kid was horrendous. He might be OK at #3. I'd definetly rather have him than St Pierre though.

If it is Leftwich's attitude what are some examples?

revefsreleets
08-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Just for the record, I STILL say just dance with who brung ya. Ben as #1, Dixon and Potts as backups until Charlie is back.

rbryan
08-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Its a fine line you walk with your #2. On one hand you're looking for a capable player, but if the guy thinks he should be a #1 then you're running the risk of having someone on the roster with a poor attitude. CB knew his role and I love the guy, but he's not the answer anymore, even before the injury. We've all been lulled into a false sense of security with him IMO.

Both Culpepper and Leftwich are not #1 QB material any more (Leftwich never was), but they still think they are. I'd rather find someone a little younger, maybe 2 or 3 years in the league that still has some potential. There will be some decent QB's cut over the next few weeks.

OneForTheToe
08-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Falcons kept Joey Harrington and let Leftwich go - hope Charlie is a fast healer

Maybe they needed someone to play piano on rainy days?:noidea:

PalmerSteel
08-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Its a fine line you walk with your #2. On one hand you're looking for a capable player, but if the guy thinks he should be a #1 then you're running the risk of having someone on the roster with a poor attitude. CB knew his role and I love the guy, but he's not the answer anymore, even before the injury. We've all been lulled into a false sense of security with him IMO.

Both Culpepper and Leftwich are not #1 QB material any more (Leftwich never was), but they still think they are. I'd rather find someone a little younger, maybe 2 or 3 years in the league that still has some potential. There will be some decent QB's cut over the next few weeks.

BUT, if we sign either of these guys, they will know 100% they are not and will never be the number one guy unless its because of an injury to ben, no questions. dont understand why not bring one of these guys in if they are cheap? say they are bums? bums compared to what other options we got? bums comapred to dixon? compared to other FA's available? we dont want to walk the fine line of dixon as our backup. batch is older and could take an additional few weeks than what is being said. that could easily put us half way through the season. thats a gamble i dont think they should take, relying our season on the health of one man, ben, who hasnt exactly been the healthiest guy since being here.

rbryan
08-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Theres no easy answer, thats for sure. I trust the FO will get someone in here pretty quick. If early indications mean anything, its probably going to be Leftwich.

SteelersJW
08-09-2008, 02:01 PM
We should sign Kordell.

BlastFurnace
08-09-2008, 02:02 PM
We should sign Kordell.

idea = :m16:

LVSteelersfan
08-09-2008, 02:11 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08222/903126-66.stm

Batch should be back in six weeks and Dixon, though he will take a while to learn the system and transition, played well imo. Personally I am not overly concerned.

I heard Kordell was still in shape. And I'm sure Tommy Maddox is just a phone call away from coming back. :rofl: :sofunny: :rofl: :sofunny::rofl: :sofunny:

X-Terminator
08-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Um, guys...

Have you forgotten that we'd be bringing in Leftwich (or Culpepper) as a BACKUP??? It's not like we're looking for a starting QB, but that is the way some of you are acting. If, Heaven forbid, Ben were to be injured and have to miss some time, I'd much rather have someone like them on the sideline who both have had experience as starters and some success, rather than relying on some journeyman bum who wouldn't be a starter on a HS team. I'm sorry, but Dixon is not the answer - I was not impressed with him at all last night. Throwing him in there in a pinch would be an absolute disaster. Leftwich or Culpepper, on the other hand, could almost certainly play well enough to win with the talent they would have available.

redst3
08-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Its a fine line you walk with your #2. On one hand you're looking for a capable player, but if the guy thinks he should be a #1 then you're running the risk of having someone on the roster with a poor attitude.
Both Culpepper and Leftwich are not #1 QB material any more (Leftwich never was), but they still think they are. .

Makes sense, Thanks.

Leftwich over Roethlisberger in any person's mind and you would need to label them as mentally disabled. Leftwich over Ben in Leftwich's mind is delusions of granduer.

rbryan
08-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Culpepper wants starter $, thats why he's still unsigned. Leftwich has swallowed two years worth of humble pie so he's willing to sign for less, but thats a classic example of getting what you paid for.

Steeldude
08-09-2008, 02:27 PM
will leftwich pass a physical?

rbryan
08-09-2008, 02:31 PM
I saw him at a resaurant in ATL about a year ago, he looked to be in pretty good shape then.

43Hitman
08-09-2008, 02:48 PM
I heard Kordell was still in shape. And I'm sure Tommy Maddox is just a phone call away from coming back. :rofl: :sofunny: :rofl: :sofunny::rofl: :sofunny:

Hello. Maddox insurance, you wreck it we fix it. :toofunny:

steel striker
08-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Well when Leftwich was playing for the falcons that was a bad team and, it is not fair to judge him by that. Let's hope Batch can come back sooner than later, and I know that is a painful injury to go through.

43Hitman
08-09-2008, 02:49 PM
will leftwich pass a physical?

He's got bad ankles right?

The Duke
08-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Leftwich brings the Jax playbook with him, and we play them this year, so there is that...

speaking of the jags, what about quinn gray? he's with the colts now but he might get released. I was impressed by his game against the texans last year.

and he knows the jags playbook....

19ward86
08-09-2008, 03:17 PM
I would rather see Dixon at #2 anyway.

lilyoder6
08-09-2008, 03:20 PM
if batch is only gonna be out 4 6 weeks that would put him back into the saddle by game 3 poss.. so i say stick w/ dixon and give him more playing time thru the rest of the 3 pre-season games and then 4 the 1st 2-3 games just hope that the only reason dixon comes in is when we are dstroying our opp.

tony hipchest
08-09-2008, 03:21 PM
speaking of the jags, what about quinn gray? he's with the colts now but he might get released. I was impressed by his game against the texans last year.

and he knows the jags playbook....again, so does our quarterbacks coach.

i dont think we need their playbook to beat them. just cut down on the stupid mistakes and have a healthy set of running backs. contrary to nationwide popular belief we are actually the better team.

slippy
08-09-2008, 03:34 PM
the "easy" part of our schedule is at the beginning, before the bye. we absolutely need a veteran backup in case ben were to miss one or two of those games.

i know the guys out there suck, but having a guy that's started in the league is still better than a skitterish rookie.

if ben goes down and the backup vet stinks, THEN throw dixon in there.

43Hitman
08-09-2008, 03:50 PM
again, so does our quarterbacks coach.

i dont think we need their playbook to beat them. just cut down on the stupid mistakes and have a healthy set of running backs. contrary to nationwide popular belief we are actually the better team.

We also need to stop that FB pass in the red-zone. Jax killed us with that last year and the Eagles ran it last night with huge success. (Not trying to thread jack so I will stop there.)

OneForTheToe
08-09-2008, 03:50 PM
the "easy" part of our schedule is at the beginning, before the bye. we absolutely need a veteran backup in case ben were to miss one or two of those games.

i know the guys out there suck, but having a guy that's started in the league is still better than a skitterish rookie.

if ben goes down and the backup vet stinks, THEN throw dixon in there.

Exactly ... some here are acting like it is either Dixon or a Vet backup. If we sign a Vet we can stil use Dixon if he turns out better.

xfl2001fan
08-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Sign a vet (even cheaply) and you still have to develop them into your system.

If Batch was out for the season...or even a majority of the season, I could see signing a vet. You're looking at a couple of regular season games.

Develop the drafted rookie...if Batch looks like he'll be out for a period of time longer than the expected 6 week max, then you get a vet.

OneForTheToe
08-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Sign a vet (even cheaply) and you still have to develop them into your system.

If Batch was out for the season...or even a majority of the season, I could see signing a vet. You're looking at a couple of regular season games.

Develop the drafted rookie...if Batch looks like he'll be out for a period of time longer than the expected 6 week max, then you get a vet.

So, because it will take time to get a vet developed to our system, it would be smarter to wait 6 weeks and see if CB is ready to go? At that time, if CB isn't ready, only then bring in a vet that will take a couple of additional weeks to develop into our system.

Yea that would make a lot of sense .... if your a browns fan.:wink02:

It makes more sense to me to bring in a vet now and have him ready to go in case CB doesn't heal.

xfl2001fan
08-09-2008, 04:19 PM
So, because it will take time to get a vet developed to our system, it would be smarter to wait 6 weeks and see if CB is ready to go? At that time, if CB isn't ready, only then bring in a vet that will take a couple of additional weeks to develop into our system.

Yea that would make a lot of sense .... if your a browns fan.:wink02:

It makes more sense to me to bring in a vet now and have him ready to go in case CB doesn't heal.

Quit thinking like a Bungal. :wink02:

You continue to evaluate CBs progress as he returns from injury. If it's a slow progress, you bring in a vet. We're talking about a backup QB here. Not a starter.

9-5
08-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Help me understand the logic here. You lose Charlie Batch, a immobile QB, and sign Byron Leftwich, a QB about as mobile as Casey Hampton :laughing:

Yeah, I totally understand :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Seriously, this is a bad injury for you guys. If Ben has to miss a significant period of time, you can kiss 2008 good-bye

OneForTheToe
08-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Quit thinking like a Bungal. :wink02:

You continue to evaluate CBs progress as he returns from injury. If it's a slow progress, you bring in a vet. We're talking about a backup QB here. Not a starter.

That sounded very much like a rat bird response. :wink02:

Seriously, what is the advantage of waiting?

xfl2001fan
08-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Help me understand the logic here. You lose Charlie Batch, a immobile QB, and sign Byron Leftwich, a QB about as mobile as Casey Hampton :laughing:

Seriously, this is a bad injury for you guys. If Ben has to miss a significant period of time, you can kiss 2008 good-bye

If Ben has to miss significant time, they weren't likely to do well anyways, even with Charlie...a guy who is only likely to be out for 2 weeks of the regular season (assuming a 6 week recovery instead of a 4 week recovery.)

xfl2001fan
08-09-2008, 04:35 PM
That sounded very much like a rat bird response. :wink02:

Seriously, what is the advantage of waiting?

More reps for the guy your FO thought well enough to draft.

OneForTheToe
08-09-2008, 04:36 PM

Don't worry 9-5, Ben will be there for the second week of the season. After that, the brownies will be two games back and CB should be ready to return.:tt::flap:

9-5
08-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Don't worry 9-5, Ben will be there for the second week of the season. After that, the brownies will be two games back and CB should be ready to return.:tt::flap:
Are you certain? For all you know, Ben could pull a groin, get bruised ribs, etc. Not to say he will, but if happened to CB, it could happen to BB.

And Sept. 14, I would rather have BB starting, that way, when we win, nobody will say "Oh the Browns only won because Ben wasn't starting"

OneForTheToe
08-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Are you certain? For all you know, Ben could pull a groin, get bruised ribs, etc. Not to say he will, but if happened to CB, it could happen to BB.

And Sept. 14, I would rather have BB starting, that way, when we win, nobody will say "Oh the Browns only won because Ben wasn't starting"

And Derek Anderson could come down with an enlarged goiter. At which point you would have to rely on your unproven little debutaunt.:wink02::tt:

Hopefully we will both be at full strength when we smack you guys down.

revefsreleets
08-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Oh, I think we beat the Browns no matter who starts for the Steelers.

They are, after all, only the Browns.

OneForTheToe
08-09-2008, 04:57 PM
More reps for the guy your FO thought well enough to draft.

In which case we just give Dixon more of Potts reps since he won't make the team anyways.

xfl2001fan with that kind of thinking are you sure you don't work for the Browns FO? :wink02:

BlastFurnace
08-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Oh, I think we beat the Browns no matter who starts for the Steelers.

They are, after all, only the Browns.

That isn't the case any longer. We better have Ben around in order to beat them. They are much better now.

Texasteel
08-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Not a big Leftwich fan, but I would feel better if we picked up a veteran just in case.

fansince'76
08-09-2008, 07:23 PM

:yawn: :coffee:

billybob
08-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Ben was a rookie when he was thrust into the game.He was unproven and jittery as a rookie could be.I am not that concerned about having to sign a vet. qb.Other facets of your game will need to be raised to different heights.I have not seen anything to prove to me that dixon is anything close to Ben,but i sure as hell have seen Leftwich in action.I say no thankyou.Step up our running game,throw the quick out,but please,no Leftwich.Please!!!!!!!!!Find someone else if you feel the need.Please front office,please.

millwalldavey
08-09-2008, 07:58 PM
I'd be comfortable with him for a week or two as a backup.

Preacher
08-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Funny...

How many times did Leftwich and Jax beat us?

Yeah, he may be a bum... but what does that say about our team.

I don't know... I kinda remember Batch being labeled a bum after leaving the Lions.

And I hate to disappoint... but go back and look at Batch again last year. He made bad decisions. He made poor throws. In short, he regressed quite considerably. His time is coming... quickly.

billybob
08-09-2008, 08:18 PM
But as a starter Batch is 3-0 or 4-0 since with us?I never underestimated Charlie,and what he meant to our team.I think it is more than most think.If they think that leftwich is our answer,so be it.I don't have to like it,but i will have to live with it!

missedgehead
08-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Leftwich is passable at best. I hope Charlie gets well soon.

Airman
08-09-2008, 08:35 PM
It could be Holcomb.

nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com

Atlanta Dan
08-09-2008, 09:16 PM
This article on Culpepper and Leftwich being under consideration claims Batch is out 6-8 weeks, maybe longer

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10925591

That could keep Batch out until the bye in week 6

Leftwich & Culpepper may want to hold out for a team that will not be cutting them loose in October

stillers4me
08-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I know it's PFT.......but...........

STEELERS TO ADD LEFTWICH, CULPEPPER
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 9, 2008, 9:01 p.m. UTC
A league source tells PFT that the Pittsburgh Steelers will add not one but two veteran backup quarterbacks.

Per the source, after Charlie Batch suffered a broken collarbone in the preseason opener, the Steelers are bringing on both Byron Leftwich and Daunte Culpepper.

Pete Prisco of Sportsline reported today that the Steelers were considering both veterans.

Batch was injured during Friday night’s preseason opener and will apparently be out for an extended period of time. After Ben Roethlisberger, the team had no other veteran quarterbacks on the roster, with only Dennis Dixon and Mike Potts behind Batch on the depth chart.

Both Leftwich and Culpepper have been unable to find work this off-season, or at least unable to find work they deemed worthy of accepting. Now that the preseason has begun, they seem to have accepted that they’re not going to be offered any starting jobs, and competing for a backup position is their best bet.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/09/steelers-to-add-leftwich-culpepper/

stillers4me
08-09-2008, 09:17 PM
We posted at the same time, Dan!

Preacher
08-09-2008, 09:33 PM
But as a starter Batch is 3-0 or 4-0 since with us?I never underestimated Charlie,and what he meant to our team.I think it is more than most think.If they think that leftwich is our answer,so be it.I don't have to like it,but i will have to live with it!

Yeah.. but when was the last time he started? two years ago?

Like I said, go back and watch his tapes last year.

I like the guy. He was a great person to have on the team. Heck, he STILL may be a good back up. I just don't see him being able to step in to the starting role like his used to. He isn't a 3-5 game solution if Ben goes down.

stillers4me
08-09-2008, 09:38 PM
I agree that Charlie's time as Ben's backup is coming to a close. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he announced his retirement at the end of this season ( I had this feeling even before his injury) and the Dixon addition didn't surprise me at all.

He's been a great backup and a great citizen of Pittsburgh. I hope he stays in Pittsburgh and continues all his great work after he retires.

lilyoder6
08-09-2008, 09:57 PM
thats crzy 2 add both of those veteran qb's to the roster..if so potts is out 4 sure and what about dixon? unless they get rid of one of them or trade them to a shittier more needy team of a qb 4 someone or useless draft pick

stillers4me
08-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Tomlin does love his "spirited competitions". :sofunny:

ChronoCross
08-10-2008, 02:25 PM
I hope batch heals quickly.. Because I sure do not like seeing leftwich coming in at all.. He has had to many ankle injuries for me to think he would be a quality backup in case we need him more then one game. Only good thing about leftwich is he has lost 20 lbs and that might help keep him healthy and not re injure his ankles.

Cullpepper is his own agent and might demand more money then what he is worth. I would not pay him more then Batch that is for sure.

stillers4me
08-10-2008, 02:32 PM
I don't like either of them getting a good look at the playbook and then heading somewhere else midseason.