PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Medals

xfl2001fan
08-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Our women's fencing team swept the field earning all three medals...how often does one country sweep a specific event?

redst3
08-09-2008, 04:21 PM
We just lost to Latvia in Men's Beach Volley Ball? Latvia? Do they even have beaches?

xfl2001fan
08-09-2008, 04:23 PM
I saw that...I don't think they do unless they have a few good sized lakes.

Their training regiment was smart though. Those two guys would play vs a team of 6...and it apparently paid off.

SteelCityMan786
08-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Anyone think Phelps goes 8 for 8 getting golds?

OneForTheToe
08-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Americans ... better at fencing than volleyball since 8/8 of 08. What's next, we lose to China in basketball and sweep the badminton medals? :doh:

redst3
08-09-2008, 05:28 PM
I think Team USA Men's Basketball is going to be playing tomorrow

xfl2001fan
08-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Anyone think Phelps goes 8 for 8 getting golds?

If his preliminary from earlier today is any indication, then I think he has about as good a chance as we'll likely see in my lifetime. But that's one hell of a brutal schedule he has to get there.

OneForTheToe
08-10-2008, 02:09 PM
I was watching a little rowing and thy reminded me of one of my favorite words: repercharge. I don't know why, but I just like to say it, repercharge, repercharge, repercharge.

Looks like we are a traveling M.A.S.H. unit with our gymnastic teams. That would go a long way towards China beating us in overall golds and total medals.

Phelps is amazing, but Darra Torres is truly inspiring. If she is clean (and she is extra tested by her own volition), it is incredible that she can out swim girls 1/2 her age.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-10-2008, 02:31 PM
I'm thinking that if you want to be a host city then you need to make sure you have the CORRECT rendition of each countries national anthem. During the metal ceremony for Phelps they manged to mangle ours pretty damn good.

And how convenient was that that it was cut off at the end before "the land of the free and home of the brave" It will be interesting to see if that "mistake" happens again.

freaking communists.

tony hipchest
08-10-2008, 03:27 PM
I was watching a little rowing and thy reminded me of one of my favorite words: repercharge. I don't know why, but I just like to say it, repercharge, repercharge, repercharge.

.ive been watching the badminton.
"shuttlec0ck" , "SHUTTLEC0CK ","SHUTTLEC0CK!"

:sofunny:

holy cow, the girl from tai pei china better be tested for penis.

GeneralRobinson
08-10-2008, 04:21 PM
We just lost to Latvia in Men's Beach Volley Ball? Latvia? Do they even have beaches?

They do indeed.:smile: Latvia is right on the Baltic Sea.

OneForTheToe
08-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Did the shuttlec0ck get lodged in anyones leg? Poor Yang and Loa,

On a side not, is there anything more pathetic than watching a promo for Notre Dame Football on NBC?

Where is the curling? Shouldn't there be curling in the summer games as well?