PDA

View Full Version : Timmons, Dixon pass tests

Pages : 1 [2]

fansince'76
08-15-2008, 01:15 PM
SHAKE MY *SS IS WHAT HE SAID

Again, stop contradicting yourself.

Actually that quote was A LIVE INTERVIEW that I saw. He was getting into his vehicle and the last thing he said was "What 10 grand to me" and he drove off.

Scalaid6
08-15-2008, 01:16 PM
NO.

He cited espn because it dumb's it down for someone stupid like you to understand.

And funny how fansince called you out perfectly ... god, you really are a tool.

I'm sure randy was just talking about the Hokie-Pokie and wanted to put his left Dick in an shake it all about. lord have mercy on your stupidity and ignorance

Anytime you wanna have a test of wits, I'm witted. Just make the call braniac

paw-n-maul-u
08-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Ok. I'm done with this. You are obviously either wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too retarded. Because you are wrong on everything. Don't believe anyone. And think you are right the whole time.

OR.

You think this is funny and you are pulling all our leg.

... either way, you suck.

Scalaid6
08-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Again, stop contradicting yourself.

The article was a compillation of interviews and incidents sir. Quit being dishonest.

fansince'76
08-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Looks like "Scalaid6" has a YouTube account too:

V_d1uJkuG0c

Scalaid6
08-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Ok. I'm done with this. You are obviously either wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too retarded. Because you are wrong on everything. Don't believe anyone. And think you are right the whole time.

OR.

You think this is funny and you are pulling all our leg.

... either way, you suck.

I am right and the sooner you figure that out the better off you'll be. You'll learn it might take time but you'll learn.

Scalaid6
08-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Looks like "Scalaid6" has a YouTube account too:

V_d1uJkuG0c

Actually that looks like a nice kid

Scalaid6
08-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Geeez, the more I teach you guys the dumber I get.

xfl2001fan
08-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Its all about SCORING in the National Football League.

Tell that to the Ravens when they won their last SB. It's all about winning in the NFL. I'll take a Hines Ward in his prime over Reggie Wayne, TO, Chad Johnson and Steve Smith...because he does more to help the TEAM than conventional FF stats provide.

Yes, productivity (and numbers) are a good indicator...but they are not the best indicator of a players worth. If great FF stats really meant something, then the Bengals would win a hell of a lot more games these last 4 seasons than they have been.

Scalaid6
08-15-2008, 01:29 PM
Well hes not in his prime anymore so............

xfl2001fan
08-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Well hes not in his prime anymore so............

And despite that, he's still the best blocking WR in the league...and if Holmes continues his development, Ward will end up being one of the best #2 options in the league. He may not put up great FF stats, he may not be one of the top 10 WRs taken in stupid FF drafts, but he's still one of the best WRs in the game and worth more to the team than Chad Johnson, TO and many others.

He plays the game with passion, precision and a smile on his face. He's not your typical Prima Donna WR...his worth can't be measured in a FANTASY league. But you go on and live in your Fantasy world...the rest of us will live on a place called Earth...where REAL football is actually played.

Scalaid6
08-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Tell that to the Ravens when they won their last SB. It's all about winning in the NFL. I'll take a Hines Ward in his prime over Reggie Wayne, TO, Chad Johnson and Steve Smith...because he does more to help the TEAM than conventional FF stats provide.

Yes, productivity (and numbers) are a good indicator...but they are not the best indicator of a players worth. If great FF stats really meant something, then the Bengals would win a hell of a lot more games these last 4 seasons than they have been.

I recall the Ravens SCORING 30 plus in the SB vs the Giants. The D was their strength but they scored (howd they beat the Titans,Raiders in playoffs?)

xfl2001fan
08-15-2008, 02:04 PM
I recall the Ravens SCORING 30 plus in the SB vs the Giants. The D was their strength but they scored (howd they beat the Titans,Raiders in playoffs?)

What was the rest of their season like? How many of those scores came off of the 4 interceptions thrown? I seriously don't remember. I do remember back to back Kick Returns. so that cuts the points scored by an offense to 27 (as the score was 34-7).

What I do remember was that Baltimore had a suffocating defense and the Giants couldn't cover for Sharp for crap. I recall that Jason Sehorn's career went into serious decline...or was already heading that way...but this was a "shining" moment for him.

If I remember correctly, Trent Dilfer completed less than half of his passes. Hardly FF worthy.

fansince'76
08-15-2008, 02:08 PM
What was the rest of their season like? How many of those scores came off of the 4 interceptions thrown? I seriously don't remember. I do remember back to back Kick Returns. so that cuts the points scored by an offense to 27 (as the score was 34-7).

Along with a 50-yard INT return for a TD, which reduces the Rats' offensive output to 20 points. And I'm sure Ray the Knife got MVP of that game because their offense was such a juggernaut. :rolleyes:

Scalaid6
08-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Trent Dilfer was a game manager and not very good (FF would not rank him high; again an accurate assessment of talent). I remember rookie Jamall Lewis having a good year. I remember them scoring to win, as I said the D was the strength but its not like they didnt score. 1st TD in SB was a pass to Juriviscious I believe, could be wrong.

Scalaid6
08-15-2008, 02:15 PM
I guarantee the offense scored more than the D and special teams combined that year. GUARANTEED

xfl2001fan
08-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Along with a 50-yard INT return for a TD, which reduces the Rats' offensive output to 20 points. And I'm sure Ray the Knife got MVP of that game because their offense was such a juggernaut. :rolleyes:

Let's see, 153 yards passing, 111 yards rushing (on 33 attempts). Yup, that Baltimore offense was clearly dominant! Two offensive TDs scored.

Fantastic offense.

xfl2001fan
08-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Trent Dilfer was a game manager and not very good (FF would not rank him high; again an accurate assessment of talent). I remember rookie Jamall Lewis having a good year. I remember them scoring to win, as I said the D was the strength but its not like they didnt score. 1st TD in SB was a pass to Juriviscious I believe, could be wrong.

Considering he didn't play in that game (or if he did, he didn't show up in the statline) i'd say yeah, you're wrong.

It's a lot easier to score when you have GREAT field position, which the Defense created.

Let's break down every score from that game.

BALTIMORE: 7:35

1-10-N41. Ja.Lewis 3 run left side, tackled by Peter.
2-7-N38. Dilfer 38 pass to Stokley over the middle for a touchdown, 6:50.
Stover kicks extra point.
Ravens 7, Giants 0

one breakdown in coverage...plus good position setup by stellar defense. Nonetheless, we'll say it was offense there.

BALTIMORE: 4:09
1-10-B12. Dilfer 6 pass to Stokley in left flat, tackled by Sehorn.
2-4-B18. Ja.Lewis 2 run off left tackle, tackled by Phillips.
3-2-B20. Dilfer 44 pass to Ismail up left sideline, tackled by Thomas.
1-10-N36. Ja.Lewis 1 run off left tackle, tackled by Barrow.
TWO MINUTE WARNING
2-9-N35. Dilfer incomplete pass over the middle, intended for Ismail.
3-9-N35. Dilfer 6 pass to Ja.Lewis to left sideline.
4-3-N29. Stover 47 FG, 1:41.
Ravens 10, Giants 0

Another kudos to the offense for at least moving the ball.

GIANTS: 3:58
1-10-N44. Starks 49 interception return, Collins' pass intended for Toomer, 3:49.
Ravens 17, Giants 0
Stover kicks off to Dixon at Giants' 3, 97-yard return for touchdown, 3:31.
Daluiso kicks extra point.
Baltimore 17, New York 7.
Daluiso kicks off to Je.Lewis at Ravens' 17, 84-yard return for touchdown, 3:13.
Ravens 24, Giants 7
So, in a burst of big "returns" we see a 49 yard Pick-6 and a KR for a TD in 45 seconds. That's 14 points directly attributed to stellar defense/special teams.

14-10 not in favor of the offense.

1-10-N38. Ja.Lewis no gain off left tackle, tackled by C.Jones.
2-10-N38. Dilfer 17 pass to Coates over the middle, tackled by Phillips.
1-10-N21. Ja.Lewis 2 run left side, tackled by Strahan and Sh.Williams.
2-8-N19. Encroachment penalty on Griffin.
2-3-N14. Ja.Lewis 2 run up the middle, tackled by Strahan.
3-1-N12. Ja.Lewis 9 run up the middle, tackled by Garnes.
1-G-N3. Ja.Lewis 3 run left side for touchdown, 8:45.
Ravens 31, Giants 7
The offense moved 33 yards to score. That's it. If not for good field position (due to stellar defense,) this isn't likely to happen. Even if you want to say it's all the offense, it's still a 17-14 point difference between what the offense produced and the rest of the team.

1-10-B34. Ja.Lewis 13 run off left tackle, tackled by Sehorn.
1-10-B21. Ja.Lewis 4 run left side, tackled by Sh.Williams.
2-6-B17. Dilfer recovers fumbled snap for loss of 1.
3-7-B18. Ja.Lewis 2 run up the middle, tackled by Hamilton and Strahan.
4-5-B16. Stover 34-yard FG, 5:27.
Baltimore 34, New York 7. The defense had them in FG range on this "drive" that only netted one first down. Sorry, these points need to be attributed to the defense.

17-17 (worst case scenario).

7 Points were scored by Defense, 13 by Special Teams and 14 by the offense...though the defense helped with one of those offensive TDs by putting them in great field position.

Your "argument" really doesn't hold up.

Play-by-play brought to you by:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/2001/playoffs/news/2001/01/29/play_by_play/

Scalaid6
08-15-2008, 02:43 PM
WHO didnt play in the game? My point is the OFFENSE scored more than the defense and the special teams COMBINED. And they did

xfl2001fan
08-15-2008, 02:49 PM
WHO didnt play in the game? My point is the OFFENSE scored more than the defense and the special teams COMBINED. And they did

If you were talking about the Giants/Ravens SB, Jurevicious didn't play in that game.

The offense scored 14 points. ST/Defense scored 20. Do some math bub.

HometownGal
08-15-2008, 03:04 PM
SHAKE MY *SS IS WHAT HE SAID

Ass, doopa, tush, hiney, weenie, di ck, schlong - what difference does it make? Still comes out of the mouth of a foul-mouthed punk assed egomaniac. :doh:

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-15-2008, 03:07 PM
How did this thread go from Timmons, Dixon.....to "Browns Suck".....to Giants v Ravens superbowl.

Please, somebody take this out behind the woodshed and put the thread out of its misery .....

HometownGal
08-15-2008, 03:08 PM
called a typo sir

Ummmm - last time I looked, I didn't have male "components", ma'am. :chuckle:

No - it's called TWO typos. :flap:

Scalaid6
08-15-2008, 03:24 PM
I said I could be wrong and I was, that wr was Stokley that scored the 1st td

Texasteel
08-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Is there any chance that we have picked up a troll recently :troll:

Scalaid6
08-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Ummmm - last time I looked, I didn't have male "components", ma'am. :chuckle:

No - it's called TWO typos. :flap:

Im not offended. I know what I am and if your secure as I am then you wouldnt be offended either. No harm no foul. All I ask for is consistency not favortism.

Scalaid6
08-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Ass, doopa, tush, hiney, weenie, di ck, schlong - what difference does it make? Still comes out of the mouth of a foul-mouthed punk assed egomaniac. :doh:

Now are those the words of a Moderator? An example setter? A doer of good will? I'm ashamed of you.:rofl:

xfl2001fan
08-15-2008, 03:36 PM
I said I could be wrong and I was, that wr was Stokley that scored the 1st td

You were also wrong about the offense outscoring ST/Defense. It seems in this thread particularly, you're being proven wrong on many accounts.

paw-n-maul-u
08-15-2008, 03:57 PM
scalaid go away.

Scalaid6
08-15-2008, 04:00 PM
I was wrong about the defense scoring less than the offense? Prove it. I say your wrong. And as I stated yesterday I AM WRONG OVER 100 times a day. Perfection is for God.

HometownGal
08-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Now are those the words of a Moderator? An example setter? A doer of good will? I'm ashamed of you.:rofl:

Before I am a Moderator, an example setter, a doer of good will - I'm a regular member just like you. When I post as a Moderator, you'll be the first to know, I'm sure. :chuckle:

You hurt my wittle feelings. :crying03::crying03::crying03:

NOT.

P.S. Don't start with the favortism BS. Anyone who has been here for as long as I've been a Mod (coming up on 2 years) knows I play no faves and neither does Gary. You breaky the rules, you get the :pin: or the :buttkick: or in some cases, the :bat: I'll even give you your choice! Gee - aren't I just swell?

Dino 6 Rings
08-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Actually...HTG favors me. She can't help it.

HometownGal
08-15-2008, 04:13 PM

Sssshhhhhh. Don't tell on me. :chuckle:

Texasteel
08-15-2008, 04:17 PM

In your dreams Dino.

Scalaid6
08-15-2008, 04:25 PM
RULES ARE RULES PLEASE REMEMBER THAT AND IN REGARDS TO YOUR FEELINGS, YOU'LL BE OK I'M SURE

ABUSE OF POWER PERHAPS? LOL

lilyoder6
08-15-2008, 04:29 PM
god isn't always perfect ur know.. he does make screwed up ppl..

msafford
08-15-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm not sure...but I think we have a

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/14576471/330421369.jpg

Anyway....Dixon....he's fast. That touchdown last night was sweet! Timmons.....becoming a BEAST.

HometownGal
08-15-2008, 04:36 PM
RULES ARE RULES PLEASE REMEMBER THAT AND IN REGARDS TO YOUR FEELINGS, YOU'LL BE OK I'M SURE

ABUSE OF POWER PERHAPS? LOL

Sure - I'll be OK, now that I don't have to waste my time dealing with your whining anymore.

Ta-ta! :wave:

Preacher
08-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Now..

Just what test did Timmons and Dixon pass? :hunch:

Steelman16
08-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Sure - I'll be OK, now that I don't have to waste my time dealing with your whining anymore.

Ta-ta! :wave:

Why am I seeing a braided black and gold flip flop flying through the air? :chuckle:

As far as Timmons and Dixon, Preach...

Dixon proved he can play football. Not quarterback yet, just football after his knee injury. And also, IMO, that he has what it takes to eventually become a good NFL QB

Timmons proved (or is proving) that he can play at a 1st-round-draft-pick level.

Time will tell for both of them, but it's very promising right now.

X-Terminator
08-15-2008, 07:48 PM
And once again, I missed out on all of the fun and didn't witness yet another know-it-all wannabe self-destruct.

Sometimes, it REALLY sucks working overnight...

Got to be some sort of record, though - in the door and out on his ass in less than FIVE DAYS. Well done, SIR! :applaudit: :rofl:

Preacher
08-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Why am I seeing a braided black and gold flip flop flying through the air? :chuckle:

As far as Timmons and Dixon, Preach...

Dixon proved he can play football. Not quarterback yet, just football after his knee injury. And also, IMO, that he has what it takes to eventually become a good NFL QB

Timmons proved (or is proving) that he can play at a 1st-round-draft-pick level.

Time will tell for both of them, but it's very promising right now.

We REALLY need a sarcasm smiley!

HometownGal
08-15-2008, 09:08 PM

We don't need no stinkin' sarcasm smiley, especially not you Father since most of your posts define the word "sarcasm". :flap::wink02:

stillers4me
08-15-2008, 09:28 PM
And once again, I missed out on all of the fun and didn't witness yet another know-it-all wannabe self-destruct.

Got to be some sort of record, though - in the door and out on his ass in less than FIVE DAYS. Well done, SIR! :applaudit: :rofl:

I was on at about 6 this morning and predicted he's be gone by the time I got home from work. :chuckle:

Preacher
08-15-2008, 09:46 PM
We don't need no stinkin' sarcasm smiley, especially not you Father since most of your posts define the word "sarcasm". :flap::wink02:

Were you being sarcastic?

See, I can't tell!!

:rofl:

stlrtruck
08-16-2008, 02:55 AM
Were you being sarcastic?

See, I can't tell!!

:rofl:

We should have a sarcasm smiley for Preacher...then we could do a SF Pool...How long it takes Preacher's total use of the sarcasm smiley to match his number of posts. :flap:

43Hitman
08-16-2008, 10:18 AM
We should have a sarcasm smiley for Preacher...then we could do a SF Pool...How long it takes Preacher's total use of the sarcasm smiley to match his number of posts. :flap:

:sofunny: 5 days.

Steelman16
08-17-2008, 02:22 AM

:doh: Cain't never tell what yer thinkin' under that big circuit rider hat o' yourn.

:sly:

Well, at least I was adding something having to do with the topic title. :chuckle:

stlrtruck
08-18-2008, 09:48 AM
:doh: Cain't never tell what yer thinkin' under that big circuit rider hat o' yourn.

:sly:

Well, at least I was adding something having to do with the topic title. :chuckle:

Yeah but everyone knows that Preach is a :pw: and will do anything to up his count. Especially now that he's on the "sarcastic smiley" soapbox.

But I digress. I believe Dixon and Timmons are having a coming out party during the pre-season but as fans we all know that when opening day gets here it's a game that comes at you a lot faster!!!

HometownGal
08-18-2008, 10:41 AM

http://maineowl.net/blog/media/1/20080229-mrbill.jpg

Oh no!!!! Smiley wh()ring!!! :doh:

I'd say it would take approximately 30 days for his use of that smiley to match his number of posts. :chuckle::wink02:

Prok
02-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Bump.

What wonderful memories for me lay in this thread.

:chuckle:

Mods: I no want da banning! lol

JEFF4i
02-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Actually I'm glad this got bumped, the first few pages were good reads, and kind of funny.

Timmons is now a beast. Mendy is starting RB. And Dixon has shown the promise of a 2nd string who can take over and win games. 2nd string, I emphasize, but he has two things working against him...

1) Big Ben's rookie season comparison.
2) He's behind Big Ben.

stillers4me
02-16-2010, 04:38 PM
How many of you groaned the last time a young, nervous, rookie quarterback stepped onto the field for the first time as a Steelers starting quarterback and thought the world was going to end and the Steelers were doomed?????

Give the kid a chance to show us what he's got before we hang him out to dry. Hopefully, he'll never be in the position that Ben was thrust into, baptism by fire.

Well, well, well....guess who done got baptized the hard way? :chuckle:

Chidi29
02-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Scalaid is doing similar on the Steelers' boards on ESPN.

X-Terminator
02-17-2010, 12:55 AM

Of course, that record has since been broken - we've had noobs tossed in a matter of HOURS since Scalaidy6's above-average meltdown. It was still quite entertaining nonetheless! :chuckle:

Scalaid is doing similar on the Steelers' boards on ESPN.

Well, there's a reason why I would never post on Disney Channel II's boards. Too many assclowns like Scalaidy6 over there. Screw that.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-17-2010, 01:39 AM
Actually interesting to see how many posters in that thread got banned since then. The hammer was out for that one huh?

Prok
02-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Actually interesting to see how many posters in that thread got banned since then. The hammer was out for that one huh?

ha

At one point I was sweating a bit over my "tossed scalad" bit. Thankfully the mods got my sense of humor.

:drink: