View Full Version : Browns' Edwards hospitalized with foot gash

stillers4me
08-10-2008, 04:36 PM
NO SHOES???????

Browns' Edwards hospitalized with foot gash

by Mary Kay Cabot
Sunday August 10, 2008, 12:48 PM

John Kuntz/The Plain Dealer
Braylon Edwards grimaces in pain as teammate Steve Sanders lifts Edwards leg at the end of practice Saturday in Berea.Browns receiver Braylon Edwards was hospitalized Saturday night after having a gash in his right foot repaired with stitches.

Edwards suffered the cut on his foot when he was running lightly in his socks during a special teams period Saturday afternoon with some other receivers. According to a photographer who was shooting the session, Edwards and fellow receiver Donte Stallworth were vying for the lead when Stallworth's cleat gashed Edwards' right heel.

Edwards' grimaced in pain on the field while Josh Cribbs wrapped his t-shirt around the foot to stop the bleeding. Edwards left the field on a cart.

Edwards was not at practice Sunday morning, but coach Romeo Crennel said he thought he'd be released from the hospital on Sunday. He said Edwards was kept overnight for precautionary reasons. Earlier in the practice, Edwards had his ankle looked at after landing awkardly, but returned to work after talking to the trainer.

Crennel did not give a time-frame for Edwards' return, but one team official said it was not believed to be serious. However, he will probably be held out of action until the stitches are removed, meaning he could miss the second preseason game against the Giants on Aug. 18.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2008/08/browns_edwards_hospitalized_wi.html

xfl2001fan
08-10-2008, 04:41 PM
That just bites. Hopefully they take him to Akron instead...last thing we need is another player contracting Staph.

tony hipchest
08-10-2008, 04:49 PM
That just bites. Hopefully they take him to Akron instead...last thing we need is another player contracting Staph.too late. im pretty sure the equipment guys store all players cleats (including stallworth's) in the staph locker at the browns facilities.

steelreserve
08-10-2008, 06:51 PM
NO SHOES???????

Seriously, the first thing I thought when I saw this was, "Well, serves him right. That's what you get for not wearing shoes, rocket scientist."

43Hitman
08-10-2008, 06:58 PM
Typical Brownie...Why am I not surprised.

:sign03:

fansince'76
08-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Congrats Braylon, you've earned this.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/trophy.gif

RoethlisBURGHer
08-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Damn Braylon, why did you have to go out and prove you went to Michigan by doing something so stupid!

And as for Staph infection...he's already had it once (rookie year)...I sure hope they took him to Akron General.

Hammer Of The GODS
08-10-2008, 09:17 PM
You guys are just begging for the whole "Ben wasn't wearing a helmet" comeback from the brownies................

Everybody does stupid stuff.

Hell, I got married AGAIN! Guess I didn't get abused enough the 1st time! LOL :chuckle:

TroysBadDawg
08-10-2008, 10:05 PM
You guys are just begging for the whole "Ben wasn't wearing a helmet" comeback from the brownies................

Hell, I got married AGAIN! Guess I didn't get abused enough the 1st time! LOL :chuckle:

Hey I did the same thing, it was like the first time, I found out I no longer was as smart as I thought I was. Heck she like the first knows everything.

Do they go to school to learn they know everything and males are just plain beneath them? Damn womens lib.

Galax Steeler
08-11-2008, 04:55 AM
I cant understand why the coaches would even let him out there without shoes on.:noidea:

revefsreleets
08-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Any player running around Berea short of a full body condom is nuts. The Browns are the filthiest team in the NFL...

Dino 6 Rings
08-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Stupid is as Stupid does.

And I'm supposed to "fear" the Browns this season. Honestly. I don't get it.

Godfather
08-11-2008, 12:47 PM
This is the football equivalent of a Darwin Award.

xfl2001fan
08-11-2008, 03:02 PM

Actually, the helmet thing was secondary to the riding a motorcycle. Drivers have no respect for cyclists at all on the road. Being a professional athlete, that's taking a huge risk in and of itself. Get your thrills in when your playing days are over. (Yup, I believe KWII was even dumber for his incident.)

I hear ya on that last part bro. I too had a practice marriage. :banging: We must both be a glutton for punishment.

SteelersJW
08-11-2008, 05:42 PM
That's the best news I've heard in a dog's age.

xfl2001fan
08-11-2008, 06:13 PM
That's the best news I've heard in a dog's age.

Why's that? You afraid he might torch your guys in W2? You know, I wasn't saying it was a good thing when Ben got hurt. I don't think it's a good thing that Troy is hurt. Why is it a good thing that a good citizen and a good player got hurt? Sure, he was being stupid running without his cleats on, but it's not like the guy is some trash talking, teammate punching jackass like Steve Smith.

xfl2001fan
08-11-2008, 06:51 PM
Well, yeah, that WAS stupid. Our quarterback fell off a bike and brained himself, and the team suffered for it. We deserved all the jokes that people made about that.

I thought some lady took off in front of him and he (basically) flipped over her car. If she had been paying attention to what she was doing, he wouldn't have been hurt there.

stlrtruck
08-12-2008, 08:54 AM
I thought some lady took off in front of him and he (basically) flipped over her car. If she had been paying attention to what she was doing, he wouldn't have been hurt there.

He didn't flip over the car, his head hit the passenger corner of the front windshield, then he ended up over it.

As for Edwards, it was a stupid choice not to wear his shoes, I can understand the decision but you would think that being through training camp before, ANY player would do his best to keep himself out of harms way - including running bare footed. But that's just me, Lord knows I've made some stuipd choices in my life.

xfl2001fan
08-12-2008, 11:22 AM
He didn't flip over the car, his head hit the passenger corner of the front windshield, then he ended up over it.

As for Edwards, it was a stupid choice not to wear his shoes, I can understand the decision but you would think that being through training camp before, ANY player would do his best to keep himself out of harms way - including running bare footed. But that's just me, Lord knows I've made some stuipd choices in my life.

Right on...that story feels like it was forever ago, and I paid enough attention to it to see if he was at fault or the driver was.

Edwards was a dumb mistake. Not a complete dumbass...but close.

stlrtruck
08-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Edwards was a dumb mistake. Not a complete dumbass...but close.

Exactly