PDA

View Full Version : Dream Season???

warddj86
08-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Today, my dad asked me, what would make the Steelers 2008-2009 season a dream season, however, before i could say 18-0, he threw me a curveball, THEY MUST LOSE AT LEAST 4 GAMES.

So I said this:

vs. Houston- W 61-0
@ Cleveland 24-22 ( I would love to see them come so close, just for Jeff to rip their hearts out)
@ Philaldelphia W 35-0
vs. Baltimore W 41-35 ( I like close games, sue me)
@ Jags L#1 38-37
BYE
@ Bengals 41-20
vs. Giants L#2 (Well, there's no shame in losing to the defending champs)
@ Washington W 34-10
vs. Indy L#3 35-21
vs. Chargers W 41-40 (I'm going to this game so I want a thriller)
vs. Bengals W 60-0 (Yeah!!!!)
@ Pats W 51-37 ( And I hope we're their only loss)
vs. Cowboys W 31-3
@ Ravens W 45-17
@ Titans L#4 (This one wouldn't bother me so much)
vs. Cleveland 41-38 (We clinch the AFCN and play our backups, but still win)

WILD CARD BYE

Divisional Playoffs vs. SD
W 35-28 ( another thriller)

AFCCG @ NE
W 31-29 (We knock out the Pats by the same score we were knocked out by last year, Jeff Reed hits a 63-yard GW field goal with 1 second left)

SB XLIII
Neutral vs. New Orleans
W 31-10

The best part is that we beat the Cowboys to 6 rings
:flap::tt:

SteelCity43
08-13-2008, 12:39 AM
The best game would be the 60-0 thrashing of the Bengals. I would probably be laughing the entire game. I hate them so much....

Steelman16
08-13-2008, 01:18 AM
Dream season? I suppose any season that nets a Super Bowl win is a great one, but a Dream seaon would have to be no losses...like, the Pats* recent season would be termed a BUSTED Dream Season. :chuckle:

I'll give my predictions though, on that 4-loss stipulation. I noticed you had us regularly scoring 35-40 points, I don't think that will happen as often as we think. Also in typical style, I'm going to break the season into section blocks. And I've never been much of a dreamer, so these are my realistic dreams. lol

The First Five -> All winnable games, we could easily finish this stretch 5-0.

vs. Houston - W 24-17 (This game won't be anything flashy, but we'll get it done in the end.)
@ Cleveland - W 31-24 (Dogfight like last year's early game, but we won't be coming from behind this time.)
@ Philaldelphia - L 14-16 (Hard to call this game. Could go either way.)
vs. Baltimore - W 21-0 (We do to Balti what we did to Seattle, except adding our favorite 3rd-String-QB soup recipie)
@ Jags - W 20-18 (Tough game, probably a few injuries here, but we survive it)

BYE

The Quicksand Three -> Trap games, but we pick up the pace a little bit, dropping some of them.

@ Bengals - L 28-22 (Coming out flat after the bye, the Bengals outplay us. They still suck though!)
vs. Giants - W 27-7 (Defense goes lights-out against Eli in payment for the Bengal loss)
@ Washington - L 17-16 (Trap game, and a close one to the end. Several Ben picks seal the fate)

The Blast Furnace Five -> We could go 5-0 in this stretch as easily as 0-5. Toughest part of the season.

vs. Indy - W 31-24 (We'll rush for 250+, forcing Peyton to try to play come-from-behind against Ben)
vs. Chargers - L 31-17 (This might be another Ben-INT day, D can't hold the game by itself)
vs. Bengals - W 41-3 (Utter blowout. Linebackers have career days, as Ben throws for 4 TD's and 350 yards.)
@ Pats - L 21-14 (Much closer game than last year, but Pats* still take the edge.)
vs. Cowboys - W 48-35 (Whopper rocket game, Ben makes-do through the air to win this game through sheer firepower.)

The Endnote Three

@ Ravens - W 34-12 (Another long-range weaponry game, Ravens stand no chance)
@ Titans - L 14-13 (End of season struggle, Titans have more to play for.)
vs. Cleveland - W 21-13 (Closer game, backups pull out the win against the Brownies)

10-6 Regular Season Record

Wildcard Playoffs vs Tennessee - W (Smashmouth football, and Vince Young can't handle it)

Divisional Playoffs vs. Chargers - W (Ben turns into a field general and marshal's his team to victory)

Conference Playoffs vs New England - W (Defense flat-out plays their guts out. Brady eats enough dirt to make a good sized mud pie)

SB XLIII - vs (hard to choose...) New Orleans - W (High scoring affair, this time Ben doesn't choke in the Big Game)

Well, reckon that's mine. :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
08-13-2008, 03:32 AM
Everything sounds good but I dont want to loose to the jags this year I will take a lose somewhere else.

stillers4me
08-13-2008, 05:39 AM
Dream Season? A superbowl win after everybody has written us off because we have the toughest schedule in the NFL and we are known as The .......Greatest.....Team.....Ever.

stlrtruck
08-13-2008, 08:58 AM
A Dream Season includes that complete annhilation of the patriots*, chargers, colts, bengals, browns, and ravens.
Loses only to eagles, giants, skins, titans
Then taking #6 - beating dallas by a land slide, forcing romo into 10 turnovers, 4 returned for TDs, Ben throws for 500 yards - 6 TDs 0 INTs, Parker runs for 200 yards - 2 TDs (one of them 99 yards) and is replaced by Mendenhall 1/2 through the 3rd who gains another 150 yards and 1 TD. Did I mention the defense shuts the cowboys out

millwalldavey
08-13-2008, 09:02 AM
I dont see how anyone can possibly see us losing to the Philly Crows.

19ward86
08-13-2008, 10:54 AM
You just made our defense look terrible. The games we lost, we lost by givin up like 40+ points.

LVSteelersfan
08-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Sorry, but I refuse to say we will lose to them damn Pats. My homerism is going to say Brady will spend the day on his back as Silverback and Woodley hound him into a fumble, two INTS and 5 sacks. Blowout city as Anthony Smith redeems himself by knocking Moss into next week and putting him out until the next game. Great day in Steeler nation. Can't lose to the Jags either. Not in my delusional dreams can we lose to them again. Trap games against Titans and Damn Redskins will probably make us cry. Sorry, can't predict a Super Bowl win but I guess a dream season would include that.

Dino 6 Rings
08-13-2008, 11:52 AM
Dream Season

Ben is voted MVP
Ward leads the league in TD Receptions
Parker wins the Rushing Title
Our Defense allows 3.5 points per game.
We allow 2 sacks, all year.
We don't allow a single ST return for TD all year.
Our Team wins a HOME AFC Title Game
We win the SB
Ben is the SB MVP
Parker sets the Rushing Record for a SB
Steelers set a Scoring Record in the SB Scoring 56 points.
They Beat Dallas in the SB in the Battle for Six.
Defense has the first ever Shutout in SB history.

That should do it for me...where do I sign my Soul away?

steelreserve
08-13-2008, 12:33 PM
My dream season would be if the Steelers lost the first four weeks, then they suddenly rearranged the schedule and we blew out the Patriots 12 times in a row.

RunWillieRun
08-13-2008, 01:48 PM
I'll be happy when the Steelers finally beat the Jaguars....I'm starting to hate them as much as the Pats

Welcome To Smashmouth
08-13-2008, 01:51 PM
@ Titans L#4 (This one wouldn't bother me so much)

Hey, I'm gonna be at that game....watch it buddy!!

Welcome To Smashmouth
08-13-2008, 01:52 PM
My dream season would be if the Steelers lost the first four weeks, then they suddenly rearranged the schedule and we blew out the Patriots 12 times in a row.

Can Anthony Smith get the starting nod at FS and get some redemption against Moss??

Stlrs4Life
08-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Dream Season? A superbowl win after everybody has written us off because we have the toughest schedule in the NFL and we are known as The .......Greatest.....Team.....Ever.

Same here, that's a dream season for me.

SteelMember
08-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Can Anthony Smith get the starting nod at FS and get some redemption against Moss??

It does say "dream" season.:popcorn:

Texasteel
08-13-2008, 03:12 PM
My dream season would be the Steelers win all their games, and the patties and the cowboys lose all theirs.

That would be heaven!

HometownGal
08-13-2008, 04:09 PM
You just made our defense look terrible. The games we lost, we lost by givin up like 40+ points.

That's what I thought, as well.

I'm not sure about the NE or Jags games simply because we play them both away from HF. Any game is winnable, but I never take an opponent lightly no matter who they are.

A "dream season" to me would be the Steelers winning the AFCN, all of our playoff games, winning the AFCC, going into SB XLIII totally healthy and beating our opponent senseless. :tt02:

Rotorhead
08-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Dream season would mainly culminate in us beating Homo and his "Boys" in the SB to get our 6 first! That Steeler/Cowboys SB still burns me, where the hell was O'Donnell throwing that last interception to . . . Jerry Jones must have paid him off!

St33lersguy
08-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Dream season would mainly culminate in us beating Homo and his "Boys" in the SB to get our 6 first! That Steeler/Cowboys SB still burns me, where the hell was O'Donnell throwing that last interception to . . . Jerry Jones must have paid him off!

I seriously doubt the Boys can make it to the Superbowl becaus Tony Homo seems to fold under the pressure of the playoffs.

St33lersguy
08-13-2008, 06:45 PM
We allow 2 sacks, all year.

:rofl: :toofunny: :rofl: Impossible the OL sucks. Mario Williams alone could have atleast 2 in week 1

Hapa
08-13-2008, 06:50 PM
I would NEVER want to lose to the Jags. I WANNA KILL THOSE MUFCKAS

jjpro11
08-13-2008, 07:38 PM
just win the super bowl and sweep the browns.... again. :tt03:

Mill Write
08-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Dream Season----4-0 thru 4
3-1 thru next 4
3-1 weeks 10 thru 13
Win out for a 14-2 record.

You pick the losses except Redskins--going to the game and want a win to bring home.

Along the way, Mendenhall earns serious consideration for ROY.
Ben leads league in Passer Rating.
Receivers so spread that 6 guys have 300+ yards, 2 at 800+
Fast Willie gets over 1,000 yds.
J. Harrison and Woodley total 20+ sacks, rest of LB total 10+
Troy=Tasmanian Devil, leads "Steel Trap" Defensive Backfield

Dominate in SB for Lombardi #6. That's the dream.

Best case reality, 12-4 great play-off run, SB.

Worst case reality, 10-6 one and done.

rbryan
08-13-2008, 10:55 PM
U guys suk, the only game I'm going to this year is the Titans, I don't even want to go now.....lol