PDA

View Full Version : Chad Changing His Name?

CantStop85
08-13-2008, 01:45 AM
As much as I want to hesitate from posting this, here you go. Granted it is from PFT, but I wouldn't put something like this past CJ.
JOHNSON WANTS TO BE OCHO CINCO, LEGALLY
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 12, 2008, 7:24 p.m. EDT

Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson was fined $5,000 for wearing “Ocho Cinco” on the back of his jersey before a game in 2006.

To avoid getting fined, Johnson hasn’t done it since then. But Johnson now has a plan for how he can get away with having “Ocho Cinco” spelled out over the “85″ on his back.

We’ve learned that Johnson has taken the first steps in the state of Florida toward legally changing his last name to Ocho Cinco.

Seriously.

If Johnson follows through on this, his actual, legal name will be Chad Ocho Cinco, and the NFL would then (we assume) allow him to put his new last name on the back of his jersey.

From a business standpoint, this might be Chad’s way of picking up some of the extra cash that he wants to make but that the team has said it won’t give him. The jersey would instantly become one of the NFL’s top sellers, and NFL players get a cut of all sales of their jerseys.

In recent interviews, including one on ESPN Monday night, Johnson has made veiled references about future plans that he has said will change the way fans think about him. This is a strange one, to say the least.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/12/johnson-wants-to-be-ocho-cinco-legally/

9-5
08-13-2008, 02:37 AM
Can he get me in touch with his dealer, cause he must be on some seriously good sh*t. :rofl::chuckle::laughing:

Steelman16
08-13-2008, 02:37 AM
:toofunny: :toofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :rofl: :rofl:

Give it to Chad....

Galax Steeler
08-13-2008, 05:14 AM
This doesn't surprise me coming from johnson.

HometownGal
08-13-2008, 06:31 AM
I think a name change to Di ck Head would be more fitting.

stillers4me
08-13-2008, 06:35 AM
I guess "Gold Toofed Bag of Sh$t" won't fit on the back of a jersey.

After watching that preseason game and now this, it's good to know that nothings changed in Cinci. :sofunny:

Aussie_steeler
08-13-2008, 07:08 AM
I cant find a link to the story but I caught an audio snippet (espn radio) on Sportcenter tonight and Chad was talking about his change in attitude since his earlier offseason talk about trades.

He thanked his new change in attitude to his new mentor Ray Lewis.

He also promised something special in celebration when the bengals play the ravens next.

Any suggestions on CJ's new tribute dance in honour of Ray???

STEELtownHAVOX
08-13-2008, 07:37 AM
hahahah, gotta love em. still one of my favorite players in the nfl though this is a little overboard.

rbryan
08-13-2008, 09:10 AM
There should be some sort of law against the media exploiting retards. Chad can't help himself, but the media should know better than to keep sticking a mic in front of him.

stlrtruck
08-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Go ahead and change it. Then it will be even funnier when he gets cut and goes to a team that already has 85 in use and he has to wear a different number

revefsreleets
08-13-2008, 10:11 AM
What source did PFT cite, Batboy? Was he found in a tree in Iraq?

PFT...geesh.

MACH1
08-13-2008, 10:34 AM
I think a name change to Di ck Head would be more fitting.

Richard Cranium......:sofunny:

Yet another selfless act by chod and another distraction for the bungholes.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-14-2008, 01:05 AM
What source did PFT cite, Batboy? Was he found in a tree in Iraq?

PFT...geesh.

This was on yahoo as if MJD is any better.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chad-Johnson-really-wants-Ocho-Cinco-on-his-je;_ylt=AnySt7cruY2JgASQGmxDXB8azJV4?urn=nfl,10052 8
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=9327204&pg=1
Chad Johnson really wants 'Ocho Cinco' on his jersey

By MJD

And since the NFL won't be adopting an XFL-like "Wear whatever you want on the back of your jersey" policy anytime soon, Chad's got two options: 1) Wear "Ocho Cinco" on the back of his jersey and pay massive fines every time he does it, or 2) actually have his name legally changed to "Ocho Cinco."

According to Pro Football Talk, Chad has "taken the first steps in the state of Florida toward legally changing his last name to Ocho Cinco."

I don't know what to tell you here. This isn't a normal guy. Maybe that's good, maybe that's bad ... I'm in no position to judge. As I've said before, I believe that Chad just likes to make noise with his mouth, and has little or no concern for the meaning of the words that might come out of it (and here's more bizarre evidence of that).

If the name change did actually happen, I don't know if I could bring myself to actually call him Ocho Cinco. On one hand, people have the right to be called whatever they want, but on the other hand, I don't feel like I'm doing Chad Johnson any favors by indulging his megalomaniacal whims.

You know, If your child comes to you one day and says, "Daddy, I want to be called 'Xontar, the Andromeda Galaxy's Prince of Pounding Spaghetti-O's'," I don't think it's in the best interests of the child if you enroll him in school as "Xontar, the Andromeda Galaxy's Prince of Pounding Spaghetti-O's."

He's a kid. It's a phase. And I'm not sure that we're dealing with any greater emotional capacity here with Chad.

Steelman16
08-14-2008, 02:16 AM
This was on yahoo as if MJD is any better.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chad-Johnson-really-wants-Ocho-Cinco-on-his-je;_ylt=AnySt7cruY2JgASQGmxDXB8azJV4?urn=nfl,10052 8
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/messagetopic.asp?p=9327204&pg=1
Chad Johnson really wants 'Ocho Cinco' on his jersey

By MJD

And since the NFL won't be adopting an XFL-like "Wear whatever you want on the back of your jersey" policy anytime soon, Chad's got two options: 1) Wear "Ocho Cinco" on the back of his jersey and pay massive fines every time he does it, or 2) actually have his name legally changed to "Ocho Cinco."

According to Pro Football Talk, Chad has "taken the first steps in the state of Florida toward legally changing his last name to Ocho Cinco."

I don't know what to tell you here. This isn't a normal guy. Maybe that's good, maybe that's bad ... I'm in no position to judge. As I've said before, I believe that Chad just likes to make noise with his mouth, and has little or no concern for the meaning of the words that might come out of it (and here's more bizarre evidence of that).

If the name change did actually happen, I don't know if I could bring myself to actually call him Ocho Cinco. On one hand, people have the right to be called whatever they want, but on the other hand, I don't feel like I'm doing Chad Johnson any favors by indulging his megalomaniacal whims.

You know, If your child comes to you one day and says, "Daddy, I want to be called 'Xontar, the Andromeda Galaxy's Prince of Pounding Spaghetti-O's'," I don't think it's in the best interests of the child if you enroll him in school as "Xontar, the Andromeda Galaxy's Prince of Pounding Spaghetti-O's."

He's a kid. It's a phase. And I'm not sure that we're dealing with any greater emotional capacity here with Chad.

C'mon MJD, what did you learn in writing class? All this extra-curricular expository wording is not needed. I can sum up all that in three words.

The Bengals Suck.

:chuckle:

redst3
08-14-2008, 06:51 AM
A pro chaging his name?

It reminds me of World B Free
http://www.nba.com/sixers/community/free_feature.html

revefsreleets
08-14-2008, 09:34 AM
It reminds me a lot more of Ron Mexico...same type "character" guys...

CantStop85
08-14-2008, 12:29 PM
A pro chaging his name?

It reminds me of World B Free
http://www.nba.com/sixers/community/free_feature.html

Wow, I had totally forgotten about that guy. You're always sure to make a statement when you change your name to "World."

Haiku_Dirtt
08-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Chad BoJangles would be more ethnic according to Jason Whitlock and I agree.

But Ocho Cinco? Chad doesn't remotely look Mexican. I know. I lived in Northern Mexico (California) for 20 years.

Chad Compton. Chad Lennox. Chad South Central. Demographically more correct Chad.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-17-2008, 03:18 PM
I guess "Gold Toofed Bag of Sh$t" won't fit on the back of a jersey.

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

msafford
08-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Richard Cranium......:sofunny:

Yet another selfless act by chod and another distraction for the bungholes.

I prefer the Spanish translation, "Ricardo Cabeza."

43Hitman
08-17-2008, 07:52 PM
[quote=stillers4me;422414 I guess "Gold Toofed Bag of Sh$t" won't fit on the back of a jersey.

After watching that preseason game and now this, it's good to know that nothings changed in Cinci. :sofunny:[/quote]

:toofunny::toofunny: One of the funniest things I have heard in a while.:rofl:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-28-2008, 09:46 PM
This guy goes well beyond the word freak.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-1-431/Johnson--Bengals-getting-more-zany-.html

Johnson, Bengals getting more zany?

August 28, 2008 7:47 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker
Johnson

If the Cincinnati Bengals' offseason couldn't get any more strange, Pro Bowl receiver Chad Johnson may have added a new chapter just before the regular season.

According to Miami radio station 790 The Ticket, which is in Johnson's hometown, the receiver has legally changed his last name to "Ocho Cinco." Johnson's -- sorry -- Ocho Cinco's reported name change has been rumored in NFL circles for weeks, and according to the station today, it's official.

Johnson forewarned the public that a major surprise was coming during a recent interview with Chris McKendry on ESPN's SportsCenter.

"A lot of people look at Chad Johnson and say he's crazy and he does a lot of stuff, but I don't think people really understand how smart I really am," Johnson said. "So come Sept. 7, I believe when we play the Baltimore Ravens, I think that's the game, there's a surprise for everybody -- for everybody. When I say something, it is what it is, just enjoy it. Because it's going to last 16 weeks, plus some more."

Could this be it? If the report is correct he should be able to wear his nickname on the back of his jersey without penalty, which he's wanted to do for quite some time.

The media also would have to refer to him as Chad Ocho Cinco from this point on.

Sounds little strange, but nothing is too outlandish for No. 85 or the Bengals these days.

Stay tuned.

stillers4me
08-28-2008, 10:10 PM
He'll always be a johnson to me. :chuckle:

The Duke
08-28-2008, 10:12 PM

really? cause he'll always be idiot to me

43Hitman
08-28-2008, 10:24 PM
:jerkit:

lilyoder6
08-28-2008, 10:26 PM
i rly can't beleive he changed his name to ocho cinco.. what about his signifacant other???

The Duke
08-28-2008, 10:27 PM
i rly can't beleive he changed his name to ocho cinco.. what about his signifacant other???

you mean his hand? :flap:

xfl2001fan
08-28-2008, 10:27 PM

Who? That's Cinco Ocho, because the only person he loves more than himself is his reflection.

Dino 6 Rings
08-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Well I guess, selling his own Jersey is the only way he'll be earning any money in the future now that it has become clear that he is a broken, no good, loud mouth piece of garbage that is all hype and no heart.

Go get your teeth knocked out again fool.

Steelman16
08-28-2008, 11:40 PM
He's nuts. He's an idiot. And he's a moron. He won't even play 16 weeks this year anyway.

That's all I have to say.

stlrtruck
08-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Office Pool of the year...

How soon be before Chad, I mean Ocho Cinco is traded?

Pittsburghfan
08-29-2008, 05:39 PM
What does Chad Ocho Cinco do if Bengals make him change numbers?

Steelman16
08-29-2008, 05:45 PM

I would laugh my guts out so hard.

pittsburghp8baller
08-29-2008, 05:46 PM

then he does what he always does, whine and complain until the media start getting sick of him

Texasteel
08-29-2008, 06:24 PM
really? cause he'll always be idiot to me

I dubbed him shit head years ago, and shit head he will remain.

43Hitman
08-29-2008, 06:56 PM

:hope:

Tankus_Maximus
08-30-2008, 12:18 PM
damn...and he didn't even use the correct term "Ochenta Cinco". What a douchebag.

pittsburghp8baller
08-30-2008, 01:43 PM
its official

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3560377

CINCINNATI -- Maybe receiver Chad Johnson can go by the name that his head coach hates

The Cincinnati Bengals receiver has legally changed his name to Chad Javon Ocho Cinco in Broward County, Fla., a switch that became official this week. Johnson, who lives in Miami, didn't return a message left on his cell phone Friday night.

"It's something I don't think anyone has ever done before," he told the team's Web site. "Have I ever had a reason for why I do what I do? I'm having fun."

Two years ago, Johnson gave himself the moniker -- a reference in Spanish to his No. 85 -- and put it on the back of his uniform before a game. Quarterback Carson Palmer ripped it off before the kickoff. After the season, coach Marvin Lewis -- who dislikes Johnson's attention-getting stunts -- referred to the receiver as "Ocho Psycho."

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the Bengals had no comment on the matter.

Johnson has been a concern for the Bengals this season. He unsuccessfully lobbied for a trade in the offseason, threatening to sit out if he didn't get his way. When the Bengals refused, he relented and showed up for minicamp, but complained that his right ankle was bothering him.

He had bone spurs removed from the ankle and was limited at the start of training camp. In the second preseason game, he landed awkwardly and temporarily dislocated his left shoulder. Johnson is wearing a harness and expects to play in the season opener against Baltimore.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-30-2008, 01:51 PM
The Bungles have no comment on this matter and the NFL is "looking into it" I just can't see Godell allowing Ocho Ass hole to wear anything but Johnson on the back of his jersey. Guess we shall see next weekend.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6995

stlrtruck
08-30-2008, 01:51 PM
then he does what he always does, whine and complain until the media start getting sick of him

Come on everyone knows that the media love them so ocho stinko. He could whine his way to the Super Bowl and the media wouldn't tire of it. They'd eventually give him his own marker on the scroll line!!!

SteelCityMan786
08-30-2008, 01:56 PM

He will change it to what his number is in Spanish.

St33lersguy
08-30-2008, 03:49 PM
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

St33lersguy
08-30-2008, 03:50 PM
He should change it to Chad "total dumbass" :rofl: