PDA

View Full Version : Roy Lewis

smaki21
08-13-2008, 02:43 AM
I've read in atleast 3 or 4 articles that undrafted rookie free agent Roy Lewis has been consistently impressing the coaches during training camp. He wasnt invited to the combine and only did his pro day. He was a washington huskie a senior.

Did anyone watch him vs eagles? He had 2 tackles and 2 assists apparently and also hits really hard.. Former corner playing safety but can play both.. Even Tomlin said he was impressed with his hard hitting play on goalline drills and that in the morning practice he broke up 2 passes with one of them being to santonio

Does anyone else have any more information on this guy? Id be kinda mad if we kept Drummond just to return punts when we got potential gems like this.. Imagine our db's in 2-3 years if Anthony Smith, Mundy, William Gay, and hopefully this guy, all improving while keeping Ike, Polamalu, Clark around?? Wow

I think nickel or dime package with Taylor, Smith, Polamalu, Gay, and Roy Lewis would cause nightmares the night before games for opposing receivers. :tt02::tt03::drink::banging::banging::banging::ban ging:

Galax Steeler
08-13-2008, 03:34 AM
One good game does not make him a good player if he is still playing this hard at the end of preseason then I would look for a roster spot for him.

SteelMember
08-13-2008, 08:08 AM
One good game does not make him a good player if he is still playing this hard at the end of preseason then I would look for a roster spot for him.

That's it. :thumbsup:
Exactly how Gay earned his spot last year. Gotta give them reasons to keep ya.

Lord Stiller
08-13-2008, 08:39 AM
i hope he takes Tyrone Carter's spot.

Carter can't tackle and hits like a puss

19ward86
08-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Isnt he Ray Lewis's brother? I remember hearing something about his brother being a rookie but im not sure if this is him.

Lord Stiller
08-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Isnt he Ray Lewis's brother? I remember hearing something about his brother being a rookie but im not sure if this is him.

No, that's somebody else. A runningback i think

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-13-2008, 02:31 PM
No, that's somebody else. A runningback i think

Yeah its a rookie running back for Dallas. Can't remember his name but I saw him on Hard Knocks.

SteelMember
08-13-2008, 02:50 PM
related to Ray Lewis, playing for Dallas, on a show called Hard Knocks. :chuckle:
That's too funny. Sounds like a perfect fit.

(Sorry for the HiJack ROY.)

Steelman16
08-14-2008, 12:49 AM
I didn't realize this was the Roy Lewis from Washington!! :doh:

I watched this kid play up close and personal the few last seasons. (Gramps has season UW tickets) He was tremendous for the Huskies, playing both corner and safety, but mostly corner. He's an intense player out there on the field, I distinctly remember him knocking away passes in the endzone several times in key situations. That was his speciality, along with the fact that he hits like a truck. He has decent speed...I don't recall blazing speed, but I don't think I ever saw him get burned like Anthony Smith.

Lewis always seemed to be the come-up-big type guy in the pressure situations. He's also a genuine guy who just loves the game and had great grades at UW.

I hope either he or Mundy and beat out Carter for backup safety.

If Roy keeps this up, he'll be a great young addition to this team! :thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
08-14-2008, 03:09 AM
I hope either he or Mundy and beat out Carter for backup safety.

I would like to see carter replaced myself.

Alva Lord
08-14-2008, 04:15 PM
i hope he takes Tyrone Carter's spot.

Carter can't tackle and hits like a puss
Amen.

The problem is it's tough for a new player to step into coach LeBeau's defense and play well in their first year. Even Farrior and Polamalu struggled in their first year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/MBlaster1/Silverbacksig540.jpg

MeganNicole
09-11-2008, 10:57 PM
We are ALL proud of Roy & EVERYTHING he has accomplished. For all you STEELERS Fans, this is just the TIP of the iceberg of what is to follow. Roy Lewis will make a mark in the NFL. He is probably one of the most tremendous asset the Steelers could have acquired.

Note* the following message was brought to you by adoring fans and not friends & family... but if we were family we would say "GO MUNCIE GO!!! Show PA what LA can do!" Love Meg & GORILLA We'll see you in October kid!

fansince'76
09-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Oooookay.... :scratchchin:

tony hipchest
09-11-2008, 11:19 PM
:cheer: aunt meg and uncle GORILLA.... is that you? :wave:........:cheer:

Steelman16
09-12-2008, 12:17 AM
:chuckle:

SteelMember
09-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Message board shout out to Meg and Gorilla...wus up :wave:

DACEB
09-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Lewis is on the practice squad, correct?

Looking forward to the best he has to offer!!

Mosca
09-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Hey, he has a foothold on the team! That's how James Harrison started!

GOOOOOOOOOO ROY LEWIS!!!!!!!!!