PDA

View Full Version : Browns just signed a guy the Steelers had on PS last season.

UK CANDY BEE
08-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Some OL named Jonathan Palmer ........went to Auburn.

According to the report I read, he was only on your team's Practice Squad for two weeks, for whatever reason.

With the offensive line depth we already have, if Phil Savage thinks he is worth signing, he must not be too bad.

With some of the changes the Steelers have had in their O line, I imagine they might wish they still had him.

Anyway..........do any of you know anything about him ??

Yeah, I know ..... he was only on the PS, but some folks pay FAR more attention to those guys than other folks do........... all I ever make note of is the names and positions, but I just thought one or two of you guys might have an insight (preferrably something other than "we dumped him, so he must suck") about him.

Steelman16
08-15-2008, 10:05 AM
We dumped him, so he sucks. :chuckle:

Never heard of the guy. If he was on the PS for two weeks, then obviously we saw something we didn't like. Not too worried about his loss.

Hope y'all enjoy him! :popcorn:

j-dawg
08-15-2008, 10:48 AM
UK.. I read he was on the Oakland Raiders active roster last year, he's had some stints with the Steelers, Eagles, and Giants. Was an undrafted rookie. I'm thinking they picked him up 'cause he's worked in a few systems.

rbryan
08-15-2008, 11:25 AM
I like how all the brownie fans suddenly think Phil Savage is a great GM. Most were trying to run his azz out of town 2 years ago. What have the Browns done since he's been calling the shots??? Oh yeah, one 2nd place finish in the AFCN. and an 0fer against the Stillers. I guess hope really does spring eternal.

The Duke
08-15-2008, 11:43 AM
For a second I was thinking john kuhn :horror:

but he wasn't on the PS last year

got scared for a second. kuhn woud mean instant super bowl. but he's way too smart to play for the browns :flap:

one game there and he'd already be better than jim brown

I miss kuhn :chuckle:

revefsreleets
08-15-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm sure this guy will be a future HOFer.

And the Browns will win the Super Bowl this year.

Bwaha...

Bwahahahah....

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

xfl2001fan
08-15-2008, 01:12 PM
I like how all the brownie fans suddenly think Phil Savage is a great GM. Most were trying to run his azz out of town 2 years ago. What have the Browns done since he's been calling the shots??? Oh yeah, one 2nd place finish in the AFCN. and an 0fer against the Stillers. I guess hope really does spring eternal.

Let's see, in three years, we've built an offensive line, created an offense with a lot of skill players...brought in a coaching staff that's mostly been intact for the last three years...

i don't know who was "trying to run his azz out of town 2 years ago...but it wasn't any of the Browns fans I talked to. He spoke of patience, as the team needed a talent overhaul (how many Pro Bowlers do we now have?) and the coaching staff needed to ensure a scheme was in place worth keeping. When something didn't work, it was cut out. Whether it was a player from the old regime (almost all gone) or players he brought in...if they didn't fit, they didn't stay.

No GM has a perfect track record. The good GMs learn from their mistakes and move on.

rbryan
08-15-2008, 01:21 PM
When all his accomplishments result in winning a game against the Steelers get back to me.

You've spent more time on this board talking about how good the Browns "might be" than Phil Savage has spent............never mind

xfl2001fan
08-15-2008, 01:47 PM
When all his accomplishments result in winning a game against the Steelers get back to me.

You've spent more time on this board talking about how good the Browns "might be" than Phil Savage has spent............never mind

I'm just glad to see we actually have a competitive team that we can field. For far too long, that wasn't even close to being the case. Phil helped manage that.

As far as talking about what "Might Be", I need the Browns to prove they're more than just a one year wonder. I believe that there is sound reason (good solid OL, great weapons on the outside) for optimism, but need to see more. If we go 10-6 this year...I'll still need to see more next year as well.

When the Browns beat the Steelers, I'll be here. When the Steelers beat the Browns, I'll be here. Won't change a thing.

revefsreleets
08-15-2008, 04:53 PM
No offense, but we've seen Browns fans in and out of here (and, by "here", I don't even necessarily just mean this board...Steelers boards in general) like plagues of locust every late summer. 80% of them are "exterminated" by the first inevitable loss to the Steelers, and 99% of the rest are wiped out by the second loss.

Get a couple seasons of beatings under your belt and you'll have some clout...but for now you're still just another one of these Browns fans who show up around training camp (albeit a little more well-versed and eloquent) and disappear in late October/early November.

xfl2001fan
08-15-2008, 05:12 PM
No offense, but we've seen Browns fans in and out of here (and, by "here", I don't even necessarily just mean this board...Steelers boards in general) like plagues of locust every late summer. 80% of them are "exterminated" by the first inevitable loss to the Steelers, and 99% of the rest are wiped out by the second loss.

Get a couple seasons of beatings under your belt and you'll have some clout...but for now you're still just another one of these Browns fans who show up around training camp (albeit a little more well-versed and eloquent) and disappear in late October/early November.

I understand the "show-me" attitude. The only way I disappear is if I get mobilized, or get slotted into a Warrant Officer School (selection board is coming up). Even then, I'll return.

j-dawg
08-15-2008, 05:13 PM

:wave: ahhh... not me sir!! i'm pure roach!!

all the 4-12 seasons still can't keep me down! :bump:

revefsreleets
08-15-2008, 05:16 PM
j-dawg is definitely one of the "one-percenters". I live amongst you crazy masochistic bastards, and i just don't get how a whole fanbase could be such gluttons for punishment.

Sisyphus indeed...

j-dawg
08-15-2008, 05:21 PM
j-dawg is definitely one of the "one-percenters". I live amongst you crazy masochistic bastards, and i just don't get how a whole fanbase could be such gluttons for punishment.

Sisyphus indeed...

this may sound like gibberish to you, but I think I'm in a tradgedy....

revefsreleets
08-15-2008, 05:55 PM
this may sound like gibberish to you, but I think I'm in a tradgedy....
No way, dude, I'm right there...totally get it. You ARE in a tragedy, in the Greek Tragedy, or Shakespearean sense of the word.

UK CANDY BEE
08-15-2008, 08:54 PM
I don't think the 08 Browns season will be a tragedy, by any reasonable definition, that is !!

stlrtruck
08-16-2008, 01:48 AM
I don't think the 08 Browns season will be a tragedy, by any reasonable definition, that is !!

Don't all browns fans think that every year in august?

revefsreleets
08-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Yes, they are going to win the SB this year, just like they won every other SB for the last 42 years:coffee: