PDA

View Full Version : *'s sign John Lynch

millwalldavey
08-15-2008, 02:10 PM
The New England Patriots have signed nine-time Pro Bowl safety John Lynch.

Lynch, a 15-year veteran, spent the first 11 years of his career with Tampa Bay and the last four years in Denver. His career totals include 1,277 tackles, 13 sacks and 26 interceptions.

The team did not report terms of the agreement Friday, but the NFL Network reported Thursday that Lynch signed a one-year, $1.5 million contract.

The Patriots on Friday also placed offensive lineman Barry Stokes on the reserve/injured list with a back injury.

Someone on here called this one a few weeks back... good call!

RoethlisBURGHer
08-15-2008, 02:13 PM
What are they trying to do, become the All-Old team of the NFL?

NJarhead
08-15-2008, 02:21 PM
I always liked John Lynch too..., now he's one of THEM. :mad:

SteelCityMan786
08-15-2008, 02:50 PM

They do realize that eventually that entire team up in New England will NOT be able to keep up with some of these teams. New England needs to get some younger guys in their that can help that D and not just the D. Premadonna Brady needs some younger receivers as well.

stlrtruck
08-15-2008, 02:55 PM
It's really not a bad pick up for them.
JL still brings the hit on run support and he'll lay a guy out across the middle. Face it, not like they had anyone back there this year that a WR would have to worry about - but now, it's possible.

Dino 6 Rings
08-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Plus John knows the Denver Defense and Denver always gives the Pats trouble and since they play this year, you know Lynch will be leading the film room sessions.

msafford
08-15-2008, 03:15 PM

I think Robert Kraft is just trying to save some money when the team's on the road. Don't senior citizens get a discount on hotel rooms?

HometownGal
08-15-2008, 03:22 PM
I always liked John Lynch too..., now he's one of THEM. :mad:

Me too.

All they did was spend $1.5 mil on a washed up safety to "compliment" their senior citizen D. Wonder if John got a cane and a pair of dentures as a signing bonus? :old:

lilyoder6
08-15-2008, 03:31 PM
i rly like meriweather as there safety.. y sign someone who can't cover that well?

The Patriot
08-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Championship!

revefsreleets
08-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Championship!

Yup. Time to make up the 2008 19-0 t-shirts. They have the missing piece to the puzzle.

xfl2001fan
08-15-2008, 05:10 PM
Championship!

Yeah, how'd that go last year? I think there may be some leftover 19-0 T-shirts in Somalia if you're feeling like reminiscing.

HughC
08-15-2008, 06:31 PM
I can see Lynch being of value on running downs, and they didn't have to pay a lot. They did get younger with two rookie linebackers, so his lack of speed won't kill them. Thing is, I don't see how they could afford to have him and Harrison on the field at the same time, so that's like using two roster spots for one player, neither of whom will play special teams.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-15-2008, 06:50 PM
I liked Lynch, he was one of my favorite non Steelers like Seau was. Well, when Lynch's time as a Pansie is up, I will go back to liking him.

tony hipchest
08-15-2008, 07:31 PM
i guess i can retire my lynch bucs jersey for a year.

SteelCityMan786
08-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Yeah, how'd that go last year? I think there may be some leftover 19-0 T-shirts in Somalia if you're feeling like reminiscing.

:laughing::chuckle::toofunny:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-16-2008, 02:13 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80a001e4&template=with-video&confirm=true

“I’ve always admired the Patriot organization from afar,” Lynch said Friday. “The thing that’s always impressed me the most is the way they play the game. I think they play it the right way. They embody the sense of team as well as anyone.” :puke:

The Duke
08-16-2008, 02:16 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80a001e4&template=with-video&confirm=true

“I’ve always admired the Patriot organization from afar,” Lynch said Friday. “The thing that’s always impressed me the most is the way they play the game. I think they play it the right way. They embody the sense of team as well as anyone.” :puke:

I think lynch is on something :smoker:

was he given HGH already? maybe that messes with your mind

Galax Steeler
08-16-2008, 04:40 AM
I don't think lynch will help them all that much a 15 year veteran he can't have much left in the tank he was good in his time but that time is almost gone.

NJarhead
08-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Championship!

*sigh* They win 3 in a fairly short period of time (last one being 4 years ago) and now they're the ones who will win it every year. This was old in 2003.

Oh yeah, and I heard they cheated to get the Lombardy's they do have.

The Patriot
08-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Oh yeah, and I heard they cheated to get the Lombardy's they do have.

Like taking candy from a baby. :wink02:

tony hipchest
08-18-2008, 06:13 PM
i guess they need lynch to replace the injured williams and merriwether. good move :laughing:

gotta love whitlock-

The last month of the 2007 season, the Patriots were mentally drained, and they weren't a great team. The team we saw at the end of last season is the team we will see this season. The Pats are still tired.

They'll win 10 games and lose in the first round of the playoffs.

tired and old

NJarhead
08-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Like taking candy from a baby. :wink02:

Here, I knitted you a quilt.

http://www.quiltville.com/tonya/lil%20pink%20houses%20asterisk%20detail.jpg

lilyoder6
08-18-2008, 06:39 PM
i think the pats should of stayed w/ merriweather at safety.. honestly was is a old ss gonna do?? he can't cover that well.... but they do have a safety combo of dirty hitting players

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-31-2008, 08:36 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80a693ef&template=without-video&confirm=true

NFL.com

Patriots coach Bill Belichick left the door open for a possible return by Lynch later in the season.

"It goes without saying but John is an all-time great safety, one of the league's classiest professionals and his elite play speaks for itself," Belichick said. "As has been the case in other situations, I would not rule anything out down the road."

Lynch, recently released after four seasons in Denver, is a nine-time Pro Bowler.

"I have no regrets about my time thus far with the Patriots," Lynch said. "The immense respect that I've long held for the organization has been only heightened over the past couple of weeks. I am going to keep all options open and look forward with excitement to see what the future brings."

In addition to Lynch, the Patriots also released third-year receiver Chad Jackson, New England's second-round draft pick (36th overall) in 2006.

The 6-foot-1-inch, 215-pound Jackson played in 14 games for the Patriots with one start, totaling 13 receptions for 152 yards and three touchdowns.

New England also signed the following six players to the team's practice squad: Defensive lineman Titus Adams, safety Mark Dillard, running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis, linebacker Vince Redd and defensive backs Mike Richardson and Antwain Spann.

tony hipchest
08-31-2008, 08:58 PM
just a formality. they dont wanna guarantee his whole yearly contract so they will pick him back up after the 1st game and be able to pay him on a weekly basis. (probably a "gentlemans" agreement he wont sign elsewhere.

lilyoder6
08-31-2008, 09:03 PM
i think that chadjackson can go somewhere and make a impact... he is a good player but got short-handed when the pats went out and tried to buya superbowl

silver & black
09-01-2008, 03:09 PM

If they don't make an effort to get/stay younger, they will go the way the Raiders did. Al Davis' penchant for "reloading" instead of rebuilding brought us to the mess we find ourselves in today. New England could very well find themselves in the same position.

millwalldavey
09-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Here, I knitted you a quilt.

http://www.quiltville.com/tonya/lil%20pink%20houses%20asterisk%20detail.jpg

Thats a nice quilt! You got the team colors for him and even threw in some pink, which seems appropriate... I hope he appreciates it!

We're kind to idiots here in Steelers Nation!

lilyoder6
09-01-2008, 04:47 PM
i hope the pats do find themselves in that pos.. i want to see them suffer

silver & black
09-01-2008, 06:41 PM
i hope the pats do find themselves in that pos.. i want to see them suffer

Me too. I hate the patri*ts.