PDA

View Full Version : ESPN picks Kordell's brain

Steely McSmash
08-16-2008, 01:41 AM
There's a video clip of Kordell breaking down the Farvre preseason expectations on ESPN.com.

Absolutely histerical that they want to know what he thinks about this of all people.

It's an odd look inside of his head and how he's been handled by teams through the years because he's not really a good quarterback and a head case.

-He's going to have a hard time being comfortable
-they're going to run the ball and ask him to throw short passes to take off the pressure.
- you'll need help fro the coach to help establish your credibility (Farvre?)
-taking the proper steps
-his arm is tired because he's in a new system?

-successful night involves carrying someone on his shoulders :doh:

Galax Steeler
08-16-2008, 03:47 AM
Of all people breaking down Farve they pick Kordells they really had alot to do didn't they.

rbryan
08-16-2008, 10:37 AM
They couldn't get an interview with Brittany Spears. They're the last two humans that haven't been asked yet. ESPN will have to send Sal Palo out on the next shuttle mission to get anymore input.

fansince'76
08-16-2008, 11:00 AM
They couldn't get an interview with Brittany Spears. They're the last two humans that haven't been asked yet. ESPN will have to send Sal Palo out on the next shuttle mission to get anymore input.

I'm sure they could probably get Hannah Montana's opinion on Favre, though - after all, they all work for Disney.

ESPN = JOKE.

Dodt
08-16-2008, 11:13 AM
what tim couch or ryan leaf to busy?

HometownGal
08-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Shows you what ESPN knows. Kordell doesn't have a brain. :doh:

http://www.arktimes.com/Assets/Article/05whitworth_image1.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
08-16-2008, 03:58 PM
There was actually something there to pick at?

MDSteel15
08-16-2008, 05:29 PM
You know what is saddest about this, ALL of you were Kordell fans at one time.... :ouch:

HometownGal
08-16-2008, 07:21 PM
You know what is saddest about this, ALL of you were Kordell fans at one time.... :ouch:

I can tell you with a poker face that I wasn't. I supported him as a member of the team I've loved all my life and appreciate his accomplishments (?) to the team and that's as far as I'll go with that.

Such a talented athlete, but a complete butter head.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-16-2008, 08:06 PM
I can tell you with a poker face that I wasn't. I supported him as a member of the team I've loved all my life and appreciate his accomplishments (?) to the team and that's as far as I'll go with that.

Such a talented athlete, but a complete butter head.

I feel the same way.

When a player puts on the Black and Gold I will root for them, cheer for them, and support them. I will appreciate their contributions to the team. But I am not neccisarily a fan of that player.

Kordel Stewart did some good things with us. If he would have stayed as "Slash" instead of thinking he was going to be a successful QB in the NFL he would have very likley had a great career and could have possibly been a Hall of Famer.

However, someone put it in his head (and Bill Cowher's for that matter) that Korkie was capable of being a stud QB. However he couldn't read a defense, and he threw costly INT's in huge games (1997 AFC Championship Game and 2001 AFC Championship Game both stand out).

However, he did have bright spots like the game against the Ravens on I think MNF (in I think 2001) that clinched the division. That had to have been the greatest game of his career.

There were times where he dropped back and scrambled and made a big play out of nothing like Ben does today.

But unfortunatly the bad outweighs the good with Kordell, and that is why he will always have more jeers than cheers when his name is mentioned.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-17-2008, 01:43 PM
or ryan leaf to busy?

:rofl:

TommyG
08-17-2008, 09:13 PM
I remember being in Baltimore a few years ago and watching Kordell shred the Ravens for a 30 or 40 yard touchdown run. I thought he had a lot of talent but never felt he was a good passer. They really should have kept him in the slash, I agree. But having him talk about Favre is like having a Brown's fan talk about hygiene. :tt:

43Hitman
08-17-2008, 09:15 PM
I remember being in Baltimore a few years ago and watching Kordell shred the Ravens for a 30 or 40 yard touchdown run. I thought he had a lot of talent but never felt he was a good passer. They really should have kept him in the slash, I agree. But having him talk about Favre is like having a Brown's fan talk about hygiene. :tt:

:sofunny::sofunny: