PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't there have been a penalty on Stroud?

Hapa
08-17-2008, 02:51 PM
It was a very smart and thoughtful move for Stroud to hold onto Big Ben, but isn't that holding?

Murabma
08-17-2008, 04:45 PM
It was a very smart and thoughtful move for Stroud to hold onto Big Ben, but isn't that holding?

Would you have preferred he'd "Warren Sapped" him (a la Chad Clifton) well away from the play?:wink02: Just kidding--I also thought it was a good move by Stroud to keep both of them well away from the injury risk.....

Lord Stiller
08-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Would you have preferred he'd "Warren Sapped" him (a la Chad Clifton) well away from the play?:wink02: Just kidding--I also thought it was a good move by Stroud to keep both of them well away from the injury risk.....

exactly

it was a good show of sportsmanship by Stroud.

wootawnee
08-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Can you guys tell us what this is all about?...Some of us do not know the whole story.....
Thanks....

The Duke
08-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Can you guys tell us what this is all about?...Some of us do not know the whole story.....
Thanks....

After Ben Roethlisberger had thrown his interception, he tried to get out of the way of Donte Whitner’s interception return. Bills lineman Marcus Stroud helped by wrapping his arms around the Steelers’ quarterback and shielding him from the collision that took place nearby.

Nice of ol’ Marcus to think about everyone’s safety at a time like that, because Pittsburgh fans just like to talk about backup quarterbacks, not deal with them.

http://pit.scout.com/2/779978.html

I noticed he was grabbing him at the time and laughed about it.

pretty good sportsmanship displayed by stroud :tt03:

don't know if it should be a penalty though. it shouldn't imo

slippy
08-17-2008, 06:30 PM
is that really santonio!?!

jeez, he looks like he's from another planet!

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Its preseason. To guys like Stroud and Ben its all about getting some work in and not having some guy fighting for a starting job rolling up on your ACL.

Just some Pro's lookin out for each other.

The Duke
08-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Its preseason. To guys like Stroud and Ben its all about getting some work in and not having some guy fighting for a starting job rolling up on your ACL.

Just some Pro's lookin out for each other.

exactly.

but if it wasn't preseason I bet ben would've tried to tackle whitner, as seen in The Tackle, and tackling Peezy last season. just to name a few :helmet:

RoethlisBURGHer
08-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Im glad Stroud did what he did. I'd rather have that then Ben tear his ACL and be done for the year.

And since it was to protect Ben, that's why it wasn't called.

43Hitman
08-17-2008, 08:46 PM
I can hear Stroud telling Ben now "hold on there big guy, it don't count yet". Still a very classy move in my opinion.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-17-2008, 08:53 PM
I can hear Stroud telling Ben now "hold on there big guy, it don't count yet". Still a very classy move in my opinion.

The thought of Stroud calling someone else "big guy" just makes me laugh.

Steelman16
08-17-2008, 09:07 PM
The thought of Stroud calling someone else "big guy" just makes me laugh.

From what I saw when Ben sorta turned his head and laughed, Stroud musta said, "OK bro, I'll let you go now. Sucky INT though..."

It wasn't a penalty, and even if it was it's a preseason game. Folks are just trying to get to the regular season in one piece.

BlastFurnace
08-17-2008, 09:08 PM
Marcus Stroud gets a Black N' Gold Christmas Card from me this year...and I emphasize Black N' Gold.

Lord Stiller
08-17-2008, 10:17 PM
makes me wonder if Stroud did this out of respect for Ben and how he acted in defeat last year, congradulating the Jax players

tony hipchest
08-17-2008, 10:23 PM
the steelers scouted stroud heavilly out of college. i cant say for sure but im pretty certain he's one of the players they had in for a visit.

if so, i know the org treated him well, and he has much respect. no reason for him to wanna se a great player like ben get needlesly clobbered.

other players or beneficiaries of cheating may not get that same type of reception.

SteelMember
08-18-2008, 08:29 AM

Yep. More plays down the road.
Nice veteran play.:thumbsup:

stlrtruck
08-18-2008, 08:43 AM
It sounds like their are some players who understand good things in life.

Michael Keller
08-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Extremely classy . I was impressed the very second I saw what Stroud did. I am a fan of of Buffalo (second favorite team) because of Poz from Aliquippa and now because of Stroud. This is a good moment in sports.

Lord Stiller
08-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Extremely classy . I was impressed the very second I saw what Stroud did. I am a fan of of Buffalo (second favorite team) because of Poz from Aliquippa and now because of Stroud. This is a good moment in sports.

Yes, it was really classy.

I like Buffalo too, Poz is a beast!

Galax Steeler
08-19-2008, 03:54 AM
Hats off to Stroud thanks for the save.

Preacher
08-19-2008, 11:46 AM
I think that technically... yes, it is a penalty.

But the refs recognized for the sportsmanship it was.

Honestly... I think I would have been a bit upset if the penalty was called.