PDA

View Full Version : Second American Revolution

PisnNapalm
08-18-2008, 11:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKFKGrmsBDk

Ask yourself a few questions...

1. Do I like America the way it is now?
2. How can I change what I don't like?
3. Am I willing to step up and help affect change?

Obama is not a change in the right direction. Neither is McCain. This country needs real change. It needs to end the 2 party system and bring in completely new thinkers.

Dino 6 Rings
08-18-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm busy clinging to my guns...

Voting 3rd Party here.

Preacher
08-18-2008, 12:00 PM
With McCain's new set of ads, I really am having to relook at the third party candidates.

I hate this election cycle.

Dino 6 Rings
08-18-2008, 12:02 PM
With McCain's new set of ads, I really am having to relook at the third party candidates.

I hate this election cycle.

Geesh...if you think its bad now...wait until after the DNC and the GOP takes off the gloves. They are only "playing around" now with "The One" and "Celebrity" stuff. Wait til the Wright, Ayers and abortion stuff hits the airways.

I live in a very Republican State, my vote wouldn't really matter, its so heavy leaning toward McCain. Therefor, I can vote 3rd party and DENOUNCE the 2 party system Guilt Free. If Obama wins Arkansas...I'll eat my hat.

Dino 6 Rings
08-18-2008, 12:04 PM
I find it interesting that this Video was put on by someone that Joined in February, but only has this Video, put out 2 weeks ago on their home page. Something is fishy.

PisnNapalm
08-18-2008, 12:11 PM
I find it interesting that this Video was put on by someone that Joined in February, but only has this Video, put out 2 weeks ago on their home page. Something is fishy.

Does it matter when he joined Youtube? Did you agree or disagree with what was said in the video? That's what matters.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Patrick Henry denounced a two party politcal system...and worried that if Federal rights trumped state rights, the federal government may become a monster that feeds upon itself. (It was he who forced the amendement to the Constitution to include the bill of rights)

He was so disgusted by the new political system and what he thought its ultimate outcome may become...that he refused to run for President...even though he would have most likely won easily.

I wonder what ole Patrick would have to say now?

I dont agree with everything that McCain believes...but I will vote for him because of what will "fill the political void" if the best candidate does not win.

Godfather
08-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Does it matter when he joined Youtube? Did you agree or disagree with what was said in the video? That's what matters.

Not really. Some people don't post videos...you need an account to save favorites, rate videos, and leave comments.

Dino 6 Rings
08-18-2008, 12:55 PM

I agree with most of it in principle and would be more than happy to join others and toss tea into the harbor in protest of the 2 party system where only millionaires get to have their voices heard.

stlrtruck
08-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Great video and pass the ammunition!!!!

millwalldavey
08-18-2008, 02:18 PM
I think this election season is really going to open some eyes and reveal the viability of 3rd party candidates.

Only problem is, the country will not see them as viable until after the election and we have a year or two with these bums. 2012 should be interesting...

Notice how we have an election year the same year some think the world wil end???????? SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKY!

Dino 6 Rings
08-18-2008, 02:39 PM
I think this election season is really going to open some eyes and reveal the viability of 3rd party candidates.

Only problem is, the country will not see them as viable until after the election and we have a year or two with these bums. 2012 should be interesting...

Notice how we have an election year the same year some think the world wil end???????? SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKY!

I thought the world was supposed to end in 2000?

Or was it on June 6th, 2006? 6/6/6

Or was it in 1984?

Or maybe it was in the year...

IN THE YEAR 2525!

In the year 2525
If man is still alive
If woman can survive
they may find.....

In the year 3535
Ain't can need to tell the truth, tell no lies
Everything you think, do and say,
Is in the pill you took today!!!

Heck yeah...Now its been 10,000 years...man has cried a billion tears...

yeah...I'm singing it in my office....

stlrtruck
08-18-2008, 02:55 PM
yeah...I'm singing it in my office....

outloud?

Michael Keller
08-18-2008, 03:04 PM
There is certainly an ever increasing awareness that these two parties are not working for the true middle class American people. The numbers of us and the intensity level is going up ward. Now the challenging question is where do we turn? Do we have a leader to turn to? Do we have an existing political party to turn to ?

I sincerely do not know. I know a large percentage of American people who share similar economic, social and political values are disenfranchised . McCain is not the answer and Obama is certainly not the answer. Can a third or even 4th party be formed by the year 2012 or even 2010. With the internet and e Mail rasing money can be done if a true leader steps up . No characters like Ross Perot , please in fact no one from Texas need apply.

Do any of you justifiable cynics believe a third or 4th party can be built to be a force to reckon with?

Dino 6 Rings
08-18-2008, 03:09 PM
outloud?

Oh Yeah...and I can't carry a tune in a bucket...people begged me to shut up...

now half the office is singing it...

I love me some me...that's for sure.:tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
08-18-2008, 03:11 PM
There is certainly an ever increasing awareness that these two parties are not working for the true middle class American people. The numbers of us and the intensity level is going up ward. Now the challenging question is where do we turn? Do we have a leader to turn to? Do we have an existing political party to turn to ?

I sincerely do not know. I know a large percentage of American people who share similar economic, social and political values are disenfranchised . McCain is not the answer and Obama is certainly not the answer. Can a third or even 4th party be formed by the year 2012 or even 2010. With the internet and e Mail rasing money can be done if a true leader steps up . No characters like Ross Perot , please in fact no one from Texas need apply.

Do any of you justifiable cynics believe a third or 4th party can be built to be a force to reckon with?

In order for a viable alternative, like a 3rd party, the top 2 must be torn down. This is the year for it. WIth the potential for a Clinton Obama showdown at the DNC and if McCain takes Romney as his VP and pretty much slaps the Christians in the face, well that could rip apart the GOP. Not this cycle, but those wounds will run deep for 4 years...this could be the breaking up of the parties right now.

Michael Keller
08-18-2008, 03:56 PM
In order for a viable alternative, like a 3rd party, the top 2 must be torn down. This is the year for it. WIth the potential for a Clinton Obama showdown at the DNC and if McCain takes Romney as his VP and pretty much slaps the Christians in the face, well that could rip apart the GOP. Not this cycle, but those wounds will run deep for 4 years...this could be the breaking up of the parties right now.

I can not see where both the Republican and the Democratic parties implode witin the next 4 years. If one party was ripped apart the remaing party will remain the party of power. I believe there has to be a new party that represents the principles and beliefs of the working, middle class, with a clear cut energy program , reduced taxation and less governement at the federal level. One not paid for by the unions and large corporations.

revefsreleets
08-18-2008, 04:38 PM
Oh, I don't know, I think I'm gonna go ahead and give the winning President at least a shot before I go marching in the streets calling for Revolution.

Godfather
08-18-2008, 05:09 PM

Maybe. The key would be to have at least a couple of major policy agreements with each party. Then win enough seats in each house to hold the balance of power, and negotiate with the two parties. Whichever one gives you a better deal gets to be the majority...if they don't keep their word pull the rug out from under them. The Libertarians would be a good example.

The biggest obstacle to a third party is no matter what positions they take, they're going to turn off a lot of potential supporters.

Michael Keller
08-18-2008, 05:53 PM
My exact thoughts God Father including the Libertarian party as possibly the party of choice. They must simplify their policies and view points and create a broad based attraction. I think they tend to be too complex and some what incomprehensible for the average voter. With the lack of faith in the major parties this is the Libetarians time to gain support. Im leaving the pad of frustration and disenchantment and looking to get into the fight against both major parties as I am that disgusted . I want to keep this fire burning so stay in touch because I am not just chatting about this to release my frustration. I am in Sacramento California and I will tell you everybody I know is tired of the traditional politicians and the suck up game they are forced or choose to play.

I was very proactive against the war in Vietnam and I know what the power of people can do. With the internet and E Mail being available, there can be what I want to call. a quiet revolution . I am tired of the middle class being so passive. If this requires a new forum lets find or or start it.

revefsreleets
08-18-2008, 06:44 PM
I AM a Libertarian. My political views fall almost in almost complete lockstep with the party when dealing with actual reasonable and achievable goals. The problem is the far right and far left within the party hold far too much sway. Heroin is never going to be legal in the US. We are never going to completely close the borders and isolate ourselves. And there a thousand other problems within the party in between.

If the Lib party can mainstream it's voice and come up with a WORKABLE platform, they are automatically a viable third party. But there are too many cooks in the proverbial kitchen, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

In the meantime, it's much more reasonable to work within the system and take what you can reasonably get.

PisnNapalm
08-18-2008, 07:20 PM
I just had a long talk with my brother.

He's of the mind that the world is headed for another world war. With the actions over in Georgia and the posturing of Poland and Ukraine.... He may be right. There may finally be a USA vs. Russia throwdown. Freaking scary...

With WWIII as a possibility.... who do you want in the white house? Sure a fark isn't Obama.

Obama's plan to disarm Americans. http://www.nraila.org/obama/

FACT: Barack Obama voted against the confirmation of 2 of the 5 Justices that affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.15

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.9

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people
who use firearms in self-defense.5

FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”8

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11

FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14

FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month sales restrictions.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.9

HometownGal
08-18-2008, 09:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKFKGrmsBDk

Ask yourself a few questions...

1. Do I like America the way it is now?
2. How can I change what I don't like?
3. Am I willing to step up and help affect change?

Obama is not a change in the right direction. Neither is McCain. This country needs real change. It needs to end the 2 party system and bring in completely new thinkers.

Without having watched the video just yet, I can answer those questions:

1. I love America no matter what her faults are and who caused them. Sure beats living in a tyrannic third world country where I don't have the freedoms I am privileged to have here in the good ol' USA.

2. That is a bit of a loaded question and all I can say at this point is for me to cast my votes for those I believe will make the changes I feel are in line with my beliefs and future goals and are in the BEST interests of the country I love.

3. Most definitely - YES. I love my country enough to do my part - whatever it takes.

Though I do support McCain and his stance on most issues aligns most solidly with my own ideals, this election, even more than the Kerry v. Bush election, is sadly more of electing the lesser of the two evils so to speak. I have friends who are Demos who are voting for McCain for that reason alone. Very sad that this is what our election process has developed into.

millwalldavey
08-18-2008, 09:44 PM
I am now a regestered Libertarian.

fansince'76
08-18-2008, 09:54 PM
I just had a long talk with my brother.

He's of the mind that the world is headed for another world war. With the actions over in Georgia and the posturing of Poland and Ukraine.... He may be right. There may finally be a USA vs. Russia throwdown. Freaking scary...

With WWIII as a possibility.... who do you want in the white house? Sure a fark isn't Obama.

If that scenario did come to pass, I'm not so sure it would really matter....

Hammer Of The GODS
08-18-2008, 10:12 PM
First of all excellent video. Got my blood pumping. Very in your face, which is whats needed.

Second, I signed a piece off paper and took an oath to defend my country and die for it if necessary. Fortunately for me I made it out alive with just some minor physical ailments and maybe a screw loose from the "fog of war". The whole time I was serving as a Marine I NEVER doubted what I was doing and what I was doing it for. Amidst bullets and bombs and dead bodies my loyalties to my country remained stedfast. Now that I am a civilian and my war is behind me, I sometimes question if it was worth it. All the soldiers who have died for this country did so with honor and pride believing that they were patriots. I lost some really good friends to patriotism. They gave thier lives for something bigger than themselves. Thier country!

What has come from those sacrifices? The list of fuct up shit in this country is to long to write. It saddens me that what I fought for and what so many have died for will be pissed away by lawyers and politicians whos only agenda is to line thier pockets with money. They stand on the backs of the working class people in this country and exploit their needs and desires by saying exactly what needs to be said to maintain thier power!

I have 2 children and one on the way and I get sick to my stomach when I think of the world they have to grow up in. The future of this country is bleek. As bad as things are now things are only gonna get worse. This country is destroying itself from the inside out and no "party" is going to stop it.

I honestly hope that a giant flaming ball streaks out of the sky and ends it all in a blink of an eye. The misery in store for the world is something I'd rather not witness.

tony hipchest
08-18-2008, 10:21 PM
If that scenario did come to pass, I'm not so sure it would really matter....
thank you. the suggestion that a democrat would roll over whereas a republican would go balls out is just ludicrous.

its like 9-11. g. bush is commended for taking action as if a democrat (with the worlds greatest military at his disposal) would sit by idle. hell, even clinton tried to ram a tomahawk missle up bin ladens ass before leaving his term was up (for much less of a hostile attack).

i just ask that our president (rep or dem) not be too happy with the triggerfinger on the red nuke button. just cause i know how i might react if push came to shove.

Michael Keller
08-19-2008, 05:56 AM
I AM a Libertarian. My political views fall almost in almost complete lockstep with the party when dealing with actual reasonable and achievable goals. The problem is the far right and far left within the party hold far too much sway. Heroin is never going to be legal in the US. We are never going to completely close the borders and isolate ourselves. And there a thousand other problems within the party in between.

If the Lib party can mainstream it's voice and come up with a WORKABLE platform, they are automatically a viable third party. But there are too many cooks in the proverbial kitchen, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

In the meantime, it's much more reasonable to work within the system and take what you can reasonably get.

Are you able to in a few sentence herein describe the core beliefs of the libertarian party ? In short what is the broad based appeal to the American voters?

Thank you

Godfather
08-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Are you able to in a few sentence herein describe the core beliefs of the libertarian party ? In short what is the broad based appeal to the American voters?

Thank you

I'll put it in one sentence: The sole purpose of government should be collective self-defense.

The appeal to the American voters would be to get the government off your back, out of your bedroom, out of your wallet, etc. Tell Joe Sixpack to look at his pay stub and ask, "Can I afford the cost of government?"

Godfather
08-19-2008, 08:39 AM
First of all excellent video. Got my blood pumping. Very in your face, which is whats needed.

Second, I signed a piece off paper and took an oath to defend my country and die for it if necessary. Fortunately for me I made it out alive with just some minor physical ailments and maybe a screw loose from the "fog of war". The whole time I was serving as a Marine I NEVER doubted what I was doing and what I was doing it for. Amidst bullets and bombs and dead bodies my loyalties to my country remained stedfast. Now that I am a civilian and my war is behind me, I sometimes question if it was worth it. All the soldiers who have died for this country did so with honor and pride believing that they were patriots. I lost some really good friends to patriotism. They gave thier lives for something bigger than themselves. Thier country!

What has come from those sacrifices? The list of fuct up shit in this country is to long to write. It saddens me that what I fought for and what so many have died for will be pissed away by lawyers and politicians whos only agenda is to line thier pockets with money. They stand on the backs of the working class people in this country and exploit their needs and desires by saying exactly what needs to be said to maintain thier power!

I have 2 children and one on the way and I get sick to my stomach when I think of the world they have to grow up in. The future of this country is bleek. As bad as things are now things are only gonna get worse. This country is destroying itself from the inside out and no "party" is going to stop it.

I honestly hope that a giant flaming ball streaks out of the sky and ends it all in a blink of an eye. The misery in store for the world is something I'd rather not witness.

Thank you for your service.

You shouldn't even consider the idea that you fought for nothing. Sure, the world is messed up in a lot of ways. So it the country. But it's been that way for 6000 years. The world your children will grow up in is better in a lot of ways than the one you grew up in, which was better than the one your parents and grandparents grew up in.

There will always be evil in the world. Right now it's the Islamofascists. Before that the Commies were bent on world domination and the enslavement of all but a chosen few. Before that the Nazis wanted to kill everyone off to make room for the
"master race". Before that there was constant war so egotistical kings could have more money and power.

In economic terms the government is making it very hard for anyone who actually works for a living, but we still enjoy a higher standard of living than most of the world and a higher standard of living than we ever did in the past.

But if you're still pessimistic, the fireball from the sky might be coming in 2029 or 2036, and it would fit in with the great flaming mountain from the Book of Revelation.

Michael Keller
08-19-2008, 09:07 AM
I am fairly well versed on what the Liberterian party stands for but I question the party leaders effectiveness in communicating the fundamentals of their beliefs in such a manner that they will increase their numbers of registered voters.

I am suggesting this is their time to attract more and more Americans like myself with no place (party) to go to . In short it is time to market their Party and make people aware. Keep it simple and keep repeating it systematically and build up the base. Your right Joe Six pak, Reagan Democrats, John F kennedy Democrats, Christian coalition . Moderate to ultra conservative Republicans and many more at least reconginize that the two party system is not working and they are ripe for an invitation to a new party.

The question is "DO YOU BELIEVE THE LIBERTERIAN PARTY IS REACHING THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN AN EFFECTIVE WAY?

HometownGal
08-19-2008, 09:38 AM
thank you. the suggestion that a democrat would roll over whereas a republican would go balls out is just ludicrous.

If a World War III is in the makings in the next 4 years, my dear hipcheese, I think I'd rather go out with a tough, gritty leader who would go balls than a smooth talkin' popularity contest winner with a limp wrist. :chuckle::wink02:

its like 9-11. g. bush is commended for taking action as if a democrat (with the worlds greatest military at his disposal) would sit by idle. hell, even clinton tried to ram a tomahawk missle up bin ladens ass before leaving his term was up (for much less of a hostile attack).

Ooooooo - let's not even go there. We could hijack this thread for months debating that statement. :chuckle:

Hammer Of The GODS
08-19-2008, 09:59 AM
Thank you for your service.

You shouldn't even consider the idea that you fought for nothing. Sure, the world is messed up in a lot of ways. So it the country. But it's been that way for 6000 years. The world your children will grow up in is better in a lot of ways than the one you grew up in, which was better than the one your parents and grandparents grew up in.

There will always be evil in the world. Right now it's the Islamofascists. Before that the Commies were bent on world domination and the enslavement of all but a chosen few. Before that the Nazis wanted to kill everyone off to make room for the
"master race". Before that there was constant war so egotistical kings could have more money and power.

In economic terms the government is making it very hard for anyone who actually works for a living, but we still enjoy a higher standard of living than most of the world and a higher standard of living than we ever did in the past.

But if you're still pessimistic, the fireball from the sky might be coming in 2029 or 2036, and it would fit in with the great flaming mountain from the Book of Revelation.

I disagree with this world being better for my kids than the one I grew up in.
With each new generation there is an added danger that was not present in the one before. All the things that were an issue when I was a kid are still a problem. Only now my kids face the same problems and a hundred more.
When I was a kid the threat of a nuclear war was on everybodys lips and the phrase "mutually assured destruction" was the only saving grace. As bad as that all was, it was still in the hands of people who understood the consequences of nuclear warfare. Now any nutjob wearing a rag on his head can get his hands on the technology to kill millions of people and send this country back into the stoneage.
What has been done to prevent a suitcase nuke from going off in this country?
What have our "representitives" in government done to assure our safety?
Sure we haven't been attacked since 9-11 but nothing has REALLY been done to prevent another attack.
I would be more "opptimistic" if the borders had been shut down immediately after 9-11. But they were not! That should have been the first step in keeping this country safe.
These "partys" that are being talked about will argue over political correctness until some sheet wearing fruitcake wipes out NYC or some other heavily populated city. Then POOF! We are 3rd world in a blink of an eye!

Our government hasn't done squat to protect us since they kicked Japan in the balls for Pearl Harbor.
Where is that resolve now?

revefsreleets
08-19-2008, 10:03 AM
No, the Libertarian Party is not effectively reaching the American people. They have no clear and central mission statement that they can agree upon, and there is too much in-fighting going on behind the scenes. It's always been like that, too.

I won't waste my vote on a 3rd party candidate again (I was among the 20% who voted for Perot and probably cost the GOP the Presidency). Of the two parties, the GOP's central platform is much more in line with Libertarian thought, so I'm going where my self-interests are best served.

millwalldavey
08-19-2008, 02:52 PM
[SIZE="2"] I disagree with this world being better for my kids than the one I grew up in.

I concur. I beleive most of the difficulties our children are facing are coming from within our own borders however... look at how the media feeds them a hypersexualized lifestyle and feeds them images illegal (and legal) drug use to name two things. Too many people in this country are concerned about the potential threats to our society from the outside, while it is collapsing from within.

We need to clean up our own nest first.

These "partys" that are being talked about will argue over political correctness until some sheet wearing fruitcake wipes out NYC or some other heavily populated city. Then POOF! We are 3rd world in a blink of an eye!

Interesting choice of words. I remember another "sheet wearing fruitcake" blowing up a building in OKC. Cept he wore a different kind of sheet. And he was a white Christian. Its always easy to slander cultures we dont understand in this country. By that logic, since I'm German, I guess the Jews better watch out.

I think a lillte bit of understanding can go a long way in this world. Call it "PC" if you cannot think of anything else to call it as its an amorphous and easy term to use. We like those in this country.

Our government hasn't done squat to protect us since they kicked Japan in the balls for Pearl Harbor. Where is that resolve now?

That resolve is here in a lot of us. A good bit of it is held in check by the desire for material goods. As long as we have the toys, all is well. A lot of it there is a sector of society who refuses to follow blindly anymore. I'm certainly gonna call out our decision makers for things done in my name that I do not agree with. The reslove is there, its just channeled in a different way for some.

I love America, but I think it can be better and be a better example for the world. Theres a lot of work and a long road ahead. We are strong enough to do things differently and change for the better. Then things can start getting better for the subsequent generations.

Can we forget about filling our lives with useless things to delude us into happiness? I'd like to think so, but I doubt it.

Hammer Of The GODS
08-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Interesting choice of words. I remember another "sheet wearing fruitcake" blowing up a building in OKC. Cept he wore a different kind of sheet. And he was a white Christian. Its always easy to slander cultures we dont understand in this country. By that logic, since I'm German, I guess the Jews better watch out.

I think a lillte bit of understanding can go a long way in this world. Call it "PC" if you cannot think of anything else to call it as its an amorphous and easy term to use. We like those in this country.

I agree with everything you said except the above quote.

Your statement implies that I shouldn't slander cultures I don't understand. That I'm wrong for using the words "sheet wearing fruitcake". I am aware that there are wackos out there of every color and religion. What I am NOT aware of is any other culture that is willing to strap a bomb to himself or set off a suitcase nuke in the name of jihad. I call it like I see it. Call me a bigot if you must but I HAVE PERSONAL KNOWLEGE of those people. I spent 14 months living over there and I know them better than Joe Shmoe down the street. I have every right to "generalize" the muslim people. I am not so ignorant to think that all muslims are out to destroy the US. BUT, if I see a brown skinned man who looks like one of my "friends" from the desert I will look upon him with distrust and apprehension! That is my right as an American. It is also the reality of things. I didn't make the world what it is and I'll be damned if I'll be told I shouldn't look upon it with judgement and pretend all is well. The "understanding" you speak about...... Well I understand that sheet wearing fruitcakes flew planes into the twin towers and the pentagon. I also understand that one group of sheet wearing fruitcakes got thier asses kicked by some REAL patriots on United 93! What I understand is that society wants to give everybody the benefit of the doubt and pretend that "this guy isn't a terrorist even though he looks just like one"! That is the mindset that is being forced upon my fellow soldiers right now by our governments policy based on what the "world might think". And that shit is getting them killed! But it's easy to criticise me for what I say because I am NOT PC! Sorry if this post seems like an attack. I assure you it's not, you just touched a nerve and as all my other posts will attest I don't pull punches. I call it like I see it. And what I see is the reality of the world, not the PC version!
The point is I don't care what skin color the fruitcakes are, they ARE NOT being dealt with by our government whether they are foreign OR demestic!

PisnNapalm, sorry your post got hijacked by my ranting.

TroysBadDawg
08-20-2008, 04:08 AM
I could live with the two party system if the added one other choice on the ballot.

NONE OF THE ABOVE. if none won they have to start all over again and fins someone the people will accept.

It is like line item veto, all the President would have to do when vetoing a bill is to go on national television and state why, list all the pork and amendment that were added on to it that have nothing to do with the bill and who responser them. Then he could state if these were removed I would be proud to sign it, but until then I will veto it because it is not good for all the people, just a select few..

We know they will never allow another party, in Ohio a Libertarian can not even be on the ballot, it is a non recognized party. The didn't get enough votes in the national election so they no longer count. A good way to limit the parties.

millwalldavey
08-20-2008, 10:04 PM
[SIZE="2"]
Sorry if this post seems like an attack. I assure you it's not, you just touched a nerve and as all my other posts will attest I don't pull punches.

Thank you for your passion! We may not agree on a lot but I can see there are 2 people in this country (and doubtless MANY more) who will stand up for what they beleive.

I did not see it as and attack, and if it were, who's to say I did not deserve one.

I'm far from PC myself. I'll defend attacks on other cultures, but I don;t do it because our society tells me its not nice to insult them, I do it out of this militant do-gooder streak I have and my stance that the only way to create change is through an attempt at understanding. Naive maybe.

BTW. Thank you for your service. I may not always support the reasons behind deployment, but I support all of ours who are sent. It's hard not to when I teach their children every day and see their faces. Don't beleive the Right. You CAN feel that way.

The point is I don't care what skin color the fruitcakes are, they ARE NOT being dealt with by our government whether they are foreign OR demestic!

Soemtimes... I think they don;t really want to. It justifies a lot of governmental jobs, And a lot of good people die for it.