PDA

View Full Version : Domenik Hixon in the Hizzie!

revefsreleets
08-18-2008, 07:39 PM
My old sleeper pick from a few years ago, Akron boy looks All World tonight. Spectacular catch for his 2nd TD catch against the Browns in the 1st qtr tonight! w00t!

By the by, nice secondary, Cleveland. That's why you lose 7-9 games this season. Passing teams (like Pittsburgh) will light you up!

tony hipchest
08-18-2008, 07:42 PM
ha! i was just gonna post this. an old cyberbuddy was a huge zips fan (fear the roo!) and said to look out for this guy. he probably wont make the giants roster, but im sure he'll make somebodys squad. (look for him to be a brown if cut- especially after burning the greatest brown cb :rolleyes: out of his brown stained shorts).

43Hitman
08-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Lmao.. Brown's are getting punked.

The Duke
08-18-2008, 07:52 PM
and a return. lol

43Hitman
08-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Wow this Hixon guy is a beast.

Edman
08-18-2008, 07:53 PM
The All-World Browns are not looking good at all. Blocked punt for a safety, Derek Anderson missing guys all over the place, Browns Defense sucks as usual.

And now Domenix Hixon takes it to the house. What a game he's having.

tony hipchest
08-18-2008, 07:53 PM
bwahahahahahaha!

new unis
browns in primetime
sucky punting out of the endzone and penalties

i cant wait for the steelers 2 guaranteed wins this season

hix for the hat trick

revefsreleets
08-18-2008, 07:54 PM
3 TD's in a quarter and he won't make the team? Did you see his second TD catch?

This kid is for real. FOR. REAL.

xfl2001fan
08-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Our guys are playing like total and complete dumbasses

The Duke
08-18-2008, 07:58 PM
man, cleveland has no luck tonight ....

xfl2001fan
08-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Luck is when the prepared meet chance.

We are not even close to being prepared.

MACH1
08-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Our guys are playing like total and complete dumbasses

No...They're playing like the Browns! :toofunny:

OMG...I can't stop laughing. 30- 3 in the 1st qt.

Edman
08-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Cleveland Clowns strike again. Jesus. This is terrible.

The only way this couldn't have been fworse if this were the regular season.

The Duke
08-18-2008, 08:02 PM
quinn's in!!

xfl2001fan
08-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Well, let's see what Quinn can do. They really need to work on...EVERYTHING. Because this is an absolute farce of a football team.

43Hitman
08-18-2008, 08:03 PM
okay I missed that last hit on Anderson. What happened?

MACH1
08-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Oops there goes the franchise qb.:uhh:

xfl2001fan
okay I missed that last hit on Anderson. What happened?

Osi Ominureieiah blasted him.

43Hitman
Ah I see. They just showed the replay.

revefsreleets
If Anderson goes down, the Browns just got better. DA is a farce...

43Hitman
08-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Well things went from the penthouse to the out house for the brown is one quarter. That's about right.

xfl2001fan
08-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Glad it's only preseason...at least it doesn't actually count for anything.

HometownGal
08-18-2008, 08:06 PM
If Anderson goes down, the Browns just got better. DA is a farce...

No more than Jamal Lewis. He suuuuuuucks. Overrated bum.

xfl2001fan
08-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Woooo, that CB Blitz was nice (gotta take what I can get on this)

tony hipchest
08-18-2008, 08:08 PM
3 TD's in a quarter and he won't make the team? Did you see his second TD catch?

This kid is for real. FOR. REAL.the giants? i dont think so. they are trying to figure out what to do with sb hero d. tyree. now if him or snore-ice moss are cut room could be made.

as the brady quin era begins in cleveland, jaws has the best line of the night, noting he was chased out of a "manhole". sure its not the 1st time.

jeeze, steelerfans were complaining about dennis dixon, quinn is a beanpole with the armstrength of pennington.

oh well, atleast theres next year. welcome to the real nfl brownies.

xfl2001fan
08-18-2008, 08:09 PM
At least there's next year? It's preseason bro...the game means nothing.

HometownGal
08-18-2008, 08:12 PM
At least there's next year? It's preseason bro...the game means nothing.

True - it is preseason, but the way the sports media has knob-slobbed them since the beginning of TC, one would think they would have had a better showing with their first-stringers in. They look just God awful.

xfl2001fan
08-18-2008, 08:13 PM
True - it is preseason, but the way the sports media has knob-slobbed them since the beginning of TC, one would think they would have had a better showing with their first-stringers in. They look just God awful.

Methinx you are giving my first-stringers way too much credit with that comment.

tony hipchest
08-18-2008, 08:23 PM
...the game means nothing.easy to say after DA is reported to just have a concussion and not a separated shoulder...

revefsreleets
08-18-2008, 08:46 PM
I think Lewis will be fine. He slimmed down, worked hard and is playing hard. Perhaps he really DID find God when he was in the slammer for selling coke?

xfl2001fan
08-18-2008, 08:48 PM
easy to say after DA is reported to just have a concussion and not a separated shoulder...

I said that before I knew what was going on with DA. It certainly shows that the Browns need to work hard on pass protection...especially coming from the right side. But it's still preseason.

xfl2001fan
08-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Alright, the first TD by Quinn wasn't bad...but that second one was pure luck on a crappy throw. Good job on Steptoe with the heads up play.

HometownGal
08-18-2008, 09:10 PM
I think Lewis will be fine. He slimmed down, worked hard and is playing hard. Perhaps he really DID find God when he was in the slammer for selling coke?

He went from an overrated purple turd to an overrated brown turd, imho revs. He did have one great season in 2003, but he isn't the second coming of Walter Peyton as some delusional Browns fans think.

Got to give the Browns kudos for coming back from 27 points down to make it a 6 point game right now, but as has been stated numerous times in this thread . . .

"It's only preseason". :chuckle::flap:

RoethlisBURGHer
08-18-2008, 09:10 PM
So what's the deal with DA? Is he concussed?

43Hitman
08-18-2008, 09:14 PM
I think so..

xfl2001fan
08-18-2008, 09:16 PM
He went from an overrated purple turd to an overrated brown turd, imho revs. He did have one great season in 2003, but he isn't the second coming of Walter Peyton as some delusional Browns fans think.

Got to give the Browns kudos for coming back from 27 points down to make it a 6 point game right now, but as has been stated numerous times in this thread . . .

"It's only preseason". :chuckle::flap:

He had several good seasons, one great season...and then the Nevermores O-line started to show serious regression. Only Barry Sanders could play without a stellar line and perform well.

As for the Browns, our starters looked like ass, our backups have played OK against their backups. Things need to be worked on, but how much of it is smoke and mirrors (playing against a team we'll see again later this season) and how much is just stupid play (98 yards in penalties?)

It is only preseason. I wasn't ready to jump on the "Steelers are lost" bandwagon that many Steelers fans have been spouting on this site...I'm not ready to jump on the Browns need to play for next year. It's the second game of the preseason...nothing more.

43Hitman
08-18-2008, 09:19 PM
He had several good seasons, one great season...and then the Nevermores O-line started to show serious regression. Only Barry Sanders could play without a stellar line and perform well.

As for the Browns, our starters looked like ass, our backups have played OK against their backups. Things need to be worked on, but how much of it is smoke and mirrors (playing against a team we'll see again later this season) and how much is just stupid play (98 yards in penalties?)

It is only preseason. I wasn't ready to jump on the "Steelers are lost" bandwagon that many Steelers fans have been spouting on this site...I'm not ready to jump on the Browns need to play for next year. It's the second game of the preseason...nothing more.

Your right, but it's still fun to kick the brown's in the balls.:chuckle:

Edman
08-18-2008, 09:22 PM
The Browns second teamers played a much better game and certainly made this game more respectable. A putrid performance by the Browns starters.

You see, the Steelers did look terrible against Buffalo, showcasing the same weakness from last year. That's why Steeler fans are panicking.

HometownGal
08-18-2008, 09:54 PM

I still think Lewis is overrated, but that's just my opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree on him.

I know what you're saying about some of the negative Neds around here, especially during the preseason when starters are trying to hold onto their jobs and backups/rooks are trying to prove themselves worthy of the big league and land a roster spot. It's very frustrating as a long-time Steelers fan to read some of that gobbledygook. :shake02 : I'm sure you are reading the SOS on your Browns boards, as well.

You are right, it is the preseason, but I can't disagree with you that your starters really need some work before the start of the season.

tony hipchest
08-18-2008, 10:00 PM
jamal lewis woulda looked great in the black and gold for the right price. definitely better than najeh. but he hedged his bets and was right. overrated or not, he is still a starter in this league and not a back up.

9-5
08-18-2008, 11:50 PM
That........was.................bad. Good thing its preseason. Still, a lot of work is needed for our first teamers

tony hipchest
08-19-2008, 12:06 AM
That........was.................bad. Good thing its preseason. Still, a lot of work is needed for our first teamersthe great thing is, after a shellacking by the cowboys and steelers in the 1st 2 weeks, there will be plenty of time to get that work in. (especially on primetime) :laughing:

:popcorn:

welcome to the big leagues. :helmet:

revefsreleets
08-19-2008, 09:56 AM
That swiss cheese secondary is gonna get sliced and diced all year long.

Many 52-45 games are in store for the Brownies this year...

rbryan
08-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Giants are going to make a lot of teams look bad this year. That defense is scary. I'm not sure why so many are picking the cowpies to win the division....Oh wait I forgot , they're Americas Team.

Brownies looked like they had stage fright last night, but it is only preseason. I hope we get to see BQ in week two. I can't wait to baptize his azz.

lilyoder6
08-19-2008, 10:27 AM
hixon was pretty amazing last night..... but the 1st team off.. didn't look so good.. they were getting man-handled by the d and justin tuck alone

9-5
08-19-2008, 11:47 PM
That swiss cheese secondary is gonna get slices and diced all year long.

Many 52-45 games are in store for the Brownies this year...
Good thing our offense can score 52 points a week.
Giants are going to make a lot of teams look bad this year. That defense is scary. I'm not sure why so many are picking the cowpies to win the division....Oh wait I forgot , they're Americas Team.

Brownies looked like they had stage fright last night, but it is only preseason. I hope we get to see BQ in week two. I can't wait to baptize his azz.
Only way BQ plays in week 2 is if DA's concussion is worse then it is being made out to be.

tony hipchest
08-19-2008, 11:58 PM
Good thing our offense can score 52 points a week.

Only way BQ plays in week 2 is if DA's concussion is worse then it is being made out to be.

:toofunny:

did you happen to see that guy the browns ran out there for the 1st game of last season? frye, or something?

yeah, that dude who is soon to be cut from the seahawks. (mAybe he sticks as a 3rd stringer, but thats besides the point)

revefsreleets
08-20-2008, 08:09 AM
Quinn will be the starter before October is over...earlier if the Browns continue to play like they did last night.

They should have traded Anderson for picks...probably could have gotten something in the first two rounds this year for him, and drafted a CB (which will be the biggest hole on the team this year).

I may downgrade the Browns to 6-10 fighting with the Rats and the Bungs for the basement. The AFC North is going to be a one-team division this year.