PDA

View Full Version : SI's Don toolbag Banks slams steelers

tony hipchest
08-22-2008, 02:55 PM
ive always thought banks was kind of a dick and his articles are pretty bland and boring (i rarely read them), and hardly ever take the time to blast a sportswriter. i prefer to compliment a good article but this BS trash was over the line.

Reason to chill: Teams in the AFC East don't exactly have what you would call a murderer's row to plow through this season. The Patriots' home schedule includes all of one team that made the '07 playoffs, and that's Pittsburgh in Week 13. Everybody knows the Patriots will always beat the Steelers, even if the game were held somewhere along the perpetually under-construction Pennsylvania Turnpike.

before week 13 somebody better let the players know everybody knows the patriots* will always beat them. :mad:

xfl2001fan
08-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Bah, don't take him seriously. That guy wouldn't know his ass from his head even if they weren't permanently stuck together.

stillers4me
08-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Hey........dickhead!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/bigfinger.gif

Edman
08-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Well, the Steelers haven't done much to prove him wrong. We have not beaten the Patriots yet at Gilette Stadium (0-2) and they've had their way at Heinz(3-1 including two AFCC victories). The last contest proved that we weren't exactly in the same league as them. I know it sucks.

Until we get over this Pats mystique and start beating the **** out of Brady Boy, Mumbles, and those video taping asterisk ****s, they have our number, and we'll have to take the criticism. If the Steelers want to establish themselves as an AFC power again, Jacksonville and New England have to be beaten on the road this year. No excuses. No eggs. Come out and match the home teams intensity. Come ready to play. Something the Steelers had trouble doing in road games last year.

That said, the Patriots and the city of Boston can suck my hairy nutsack.

Alva Lord
08-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Well, the Steelers haven't proven him wrong. We have not beaten the Patriots yet at Gilette Stadium (0-2) and they've had their way at Heinz(3-1 including two AFCC victories). The last contest proved that we weren't exactly in the same league as them. I know it sucks.

Until we get over this Pats mystique and start beating the **** out of Brady Boy and Mumbles, they have our number, and we'll have to take the criticism. If the Steelers want to establish themselves as an AFC power again, Jacksonville and New England have to be beaten on the road this year. No excuses. No eggs. Come out and match the home teams intensity. Come ready to play. Something the Steelers had trouble doing in road games last year.

Well said. For some people the truth hurts.

lilyoder6
08-22-2008, 03:26 PM
i would love to see brady get knocked out of the game.. but they also said the pats were gonna win the SB

HometownGal
08-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Hey Banks - when you get your lips off the Pats* knobs . . .

http://www.ourspacer.com/images/graphics/sexy/kiss-my-ass.gif

The Cheats* will be without their trusty videocamera this season as the NFL will be watching them like a hawk. I can't wait to smash that :egg: all over your picklepuss come November 30th.

SteelMember
08-22-2008, 03:42 PM
If anyone cares to read the polish job in it's entiety, here you go.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/08/22/patriots/index.html

The Duke
08-22-2008, 03:42 PM
LaMarr Woodley and James Harrison will make sure he is wrong

With brady on the ground the pats can't win. even if they cheat

kirklandrules
08-22-2008, 04:47 PM
This guy falls in line with the folks at ESPN. It's more than a love fest they have for these cheaters. They line up to take the next money shot from the New England athletes and coaches. That's why I no longer watch ESPN ... got tired of hearing Boomer and the gang moaning over Brady and all things Boston.

My favorite line I read somewhere: "Belichick couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag in Cleveland, now he wants us to believe he became an instant genius in New England?"

steelreserve
08-22-2008, 05:14 PM

It's too bad Wesley Willis is dead. He could have written a great song about this.

MACH1
08-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Well said. For some people the truth hurts.

The truth is they had to cheat* to win those games.

tony hipchest
08-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Well said. For some people the truth hurts.whats the point of him taking a BIG DIG at the Pennsylvania Turnpike. a bit unprofessional if you ask me.

im calling it now, the only way the steelers dont win in foxboro is if their crappy assed fudge tunnel collapses on the team bus. :tt02:

don sperm banks just seems to be carrying a grudge that goes beyond the steelers. either that or hes horrible at trying to be witty or funny.

Texasteel
08-22-2008, 06:02 PM
He is untiled to his opinion, no matter how gutless, spineless, brainless, low down, low life, low rent, and ignorant it may be.

Atlanta Dan
08-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Steelers lose at home to the Pats, Steelers lose at Gillette to the Pats, so they probably would lose to them on the Turnpike

The second AFC championship loss did it for me - Pats own the Steelers like the Steelers have owned the Browns

Alva Lord
08-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Steelers lose at home to the Pats, Steelers lose at Gillette to the Pats, so they probably would lose to them on the Turnpike

The second AFC championship loss did it for me - Pats own the Steelers like the Steelers have owned the Browns
The jags have also owned the Steelers since their inception. It's high time for those trends to change.

Atlanta Dan
08-22-2008, 06:22 PM
The jags have also owned the Steelers since their inception. It's high time for those trends to change.

Quoted for truth :thumbsup:

IMO 2 games that will set the tone for 2008 are the Sunday night games at Cleveland in week 2 and at Jax in week 5

fansince'76
08-22-2008, 07:01 PM
If anyone cares to read the polish job in it's entiety, here you go.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/08/22/patriots/index.html

As for the rest of the AFC, San Diego is hell-bent on avenging its two recent playoff losses to the Patriots, and Indy, Jacksonville and Tennessee aren't going to just drop off the radar screen in the tough AFC South. Could it be that the rest of the conference has significantly closed the gap on the NFL's reigning dynasty?

How is a team that hasn't won jack shit in almost 4 years now still considered a "dynasty?" Particularly a team that lays down a massive choke job against the NFC's 5th seed when they were finally forced to play by the rules and couldn't cheat? You can get off your knees and wipe the jizz off your chin anytime now, Don. :coffee:

Edman
08-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Remember, the Browns used to own the Steelers pretty bad once upon a time too. Matchups have their ebb and flow.

One day, we'll start beating New England and Jacksonville...consistently. Hope it starts this year.

19ward86
08-23-2008, 12:29 AM
He must be right, he writes for SI.

NV STEELERS 723
08-23-2008, 12:40 AM
STEELERS go 14-2 this season.... we lose to Indy and SD. Screw the Pats:sign04::sign01::sign11::sign11::sign11::sign1 1::sign11::sign11::sign11:

Haiku_Dirtt
08-23-2008, 01:59 AM
ive always thought banks was kind of a dick and his articles are pretty bland and boring (i rarely read them), and hardly ever take the time to blast a sportswriter. i prefer to compliment a good article but this BS trash was over the line.

before week 13 somebody better let the players know everybody knows the patriots* will always beat them. :mad:

Disinformation. As the New England Patriot camera crew really reveal is that the PA roads are closed but nobody is working.

Galax Steeler
08-23-2008, 07:17 AM
Who cares what he says or si says lets go out and beat the cheatriots and not worry about it.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-23-2008, 11:02 AM
The Giants gave EVERYONE the blueprint to kick the *'s asses, pressure Brady.

With James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley...we will be able to do that.

I really hope we knock Brady out of the game and onto the injury report for real. As in OUT for the next bunch of games.

STEELAMANIA
08-23-2008, 11:46 AM
I dont care if the Steelers go 9-7 this season and barely squeak into the playoffs and be the last seed again.....Just win the Superbowl!. I don't care if the Pats beat them in the regular season, just make the friggin playoffs and do what your'e supposed to do...win the friggin Superbowl, anything less than a Superbowl is a disappointment!!!!

STEELAMANIA
08-23-2008, 11:49 AM
By the way, the Giants were under the radar last season being a 5th seed team in the playoffs and the beat the media beloved Pats, I was so happy to see the underdogs dog the media hahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

With Brady being hobbled early, I'm not sure if the Pats are GUARANTEED to win their division like all the experts say

Alva Lord
08-23-2008, 12:09 PM
The Giants didn't provide the blue print to beating the pats. It was as obvious as how much I hate that overused term, "provided the blueprint" that the way to beat the pats was to put Brady on his back side, often. Watch any game film of games when Brady is getting a consistent pass rush in his grill and you'll see that he gets extremely flustered. Once that happens he loses his composure and it negatively affects his game.

fansince'76
08-23-2008, 12:17 PM
The Giants didn't provide the blue print to beating the pats. It was as obvious as how much I hate that overused term, "provided the blueprint" that the way to beat the pats was to put Brady on his back side, often. Watch any game film of games when Brady is getting a consistent pass rush in his grill and you'll see that he gets extremely flustered. Once that happens he loses his composure and it negatively affects his game.

Agreed - I was saying pretty much the same thing at the beginning of last season (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=296326#post296326), and the "blueprint" for beating the Patriots* has been pretty obvious for far longer than that. The Giants, for whatever reason, were the only team last season that was actually successful at getting back there and knocking the Golden Boy on his ass often enough to throw their offense out of sync and keep it out of sync.

xfl2001fan
08-23-2008, 01:28 PM
They key to beating most any team is to get consistent pressure on the QB. Often times, it's easier said then done...the Giants were successful when it counted most.

LVSteelersfan
08-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Screw SI, ESPN, the Patsies, Billicheat, Kraft and the whole bunch. I hope Brady's foot injury is for real and hampers him all season long. I want to see the Patsies win with Cassell behind center. Karma is a b**ch and the Patsies are due.

Elvis
08-23-2008, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Reason to chill: Teams in the AFC East don't exactly have what you would call a murderer's row to plow through this season. The Patriots' home schedule includes all of one team that made the '07 playoffs, and that's Pittsburgh in Week 13. Everybody knows the Patriots will always beat the Steelers, even if the game were held somewhere along the perpetually under-construction Pennsylvania Turnpike.

Sometimes Its Hard To Be Humble...

Somtimes It Aint...
:coffee:

Elvis
08-23-2008, 02:45 PM
They key to beating most any team is to get consistent pressure on the QB. Often times, it's easier said then done...the Giants were successful when it counted most.

good point xfl

you know ... the Giants got pressure on the QB with their front 4, therefore they didnt have to blitz... thats where the Steelers problems begins with us against the Patriots. I love the 3-4 and all, but we will never get pressure like a good defensive 4-3 with great passrushers on the outside..

xfl2001fan
08-23-2008, 02:52 PM
good point xfl

you know ... the Giants got pressure on the QB with their front 4, therefore they didnt have to blitz... thats where the Steelers problems begins with us against the Patriots. I love the 3-4 and all, but we will never get pressure like a good defensive 4-3 with great passrushers on the outside..

Actually, with the 3-4, you have a greater variety of who your 4 rushers are. Who's to say that you always have to rush with your OLBs...if you mix it up, you have a greater number of athletes coming from a greater variety of angles...

The problem you guys are facing now as opposed to your heyday in the 90's is that a greater number of teams are running a 3-4, so you don't have a monopoly on the D-lineman/LBs necessary to make it work...and more teams are seeing the schemes from a greater number of defenses....so it's less confusing and easier to prepare for now.

fansince'76
08-23-2008, 02:57 PM

You mean the same Giants 4-3 the Pats* hung 38 on to win the regular season game between the two teams last year? The Giants caught lightning in a bottle in the postseason and the Pats*' got caught up in their own over-the-top media (over)hype and it bit them in the ass in the SB - they literally believed that all they had to do to win that game was show up. Nothing more, nothing less. And the Giants blitzed PLENTY during that Super Bowl (http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story;jsessionid=68D7E8425EB56C10BCBB4D01DF39C9FB? id=09000d5d8067edb1&template=with-video&confirm=true):

When Spagnuolo showed the four-man rush and surprised the Patriots with a blitzer, the blitzer came clean almost every time.

Had nothing to do with one defensive scheme being inherently superior to another. Had everything to do with a c0cky, arrogant team that was full of itself and thought it had the game in the bag before it was even played (see Patriots players inviting Giants players to their victory party DURING the game) getting punched in the mouth when it actually came time to play.

SteelCityMan786
08-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Hey........dickhead!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/bigfinger.gif

I second that.

Murabma
08-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Anybody who reads SI.com knows that both Banks and King are big Pats* homers--King grew up in Conn. and Banks lives in Boston I believe, so I suspect they both may have grown up rooting for the Pats*. I'll say this for King, though, after Spygate his ardor seems to have cooled a bit--not so, Banks. He still nob gobbles Belicheat, Kraft and the Patsies* every chance he gets.....

Alva Lord
08-24-2008, 09:06 AM
good point xfl

As with any style of defense a team runs the scheme is dependent on the skill level of the players that make up the unit.