PDA

View Full Version : Obama picks Biden as running mate

GBMelBlount
08-23-2008, 06:13 AM
WASHINGTON - Barack Obama named Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware as his vice presidential running mate early Saturday, balancing his ticket with a seasoned congressional veteran well-versed in foreign policy and defense issues.

Obama announced the pick on his Web site with a photo of the two men and an appeal for donations. A text message went out shortly afterward that said, "Barack has chosen Senator Joe Biden to be our VP nominee."

Biden, 65, has twice sought the White House, and is a Catholic with blue-collar roots, a generally liberal voting record and a reputation as a long-winded orator.

Across more than 30 years in the Senate, he has served at various times not only as chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee but also as head of the Judiciary Committee, with its jurisdiction over anti-crime legislation, Supreme Court nominees and Constitutional issues.

In selecting Biden, Obama passed over several other potential running mates, none more prominent than former first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton, his tenacious rival in dozens of primaries and caucuses.

Obama's campaign arranged a debut for the newly minted ticket on Saturday outside the Old State Capitol in Springfield, Ill.

Obama's decision leaked to the media several hours before his aides planned to send a text message announcing the running mate, negating a promise that people who turned over their phone numbers would be the first to know who Obama had chosen. The campaign scrambled to send the text message after the leak, sending phones buzzing at the inconvenient time of just after 3 a.m. on the East coast.

Hundreds of miles to the west, carpenters, electricians, sound stage gurus and others transformed the Pepsi Center in Denver into a made-for-television convention venue.

Tucked away in one corner were thousands of lightweight rolled cardboard tubes, ready-made handles for signs bearing the names of the Democratic ticket once the identity of Obama's running mate was known.

While Obama decided against adding Clinton to his ticket, he has gone to great lengths to gain the confidence of her primary voters, agreeing to allow her name to be placed in nomination at the convention and permitting a roll call vote that threatens to expose lingering divisions within the party.

Biden slowly emerged as Obama's choice across a long day and night of political suspense as other contenders gradually fell away.

First Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine let it be known that he had been ruled out. Then came word that Sen. Evan Bayh of Indiana had also been passed over.

Several aides to Clinton said the Obama campaign had never requested financial or other records from her.

Other finalists in the veep sweepstakes were Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius and Texas Rep. Chet Edwards.

Among those on the short list, Biden brought the most experience in defense or foreign policy areas in which Obama fares relatively poorly in the polls compared with Republican Sen. John McCain.

While the war in Iraq has been supplanted as the campaign's top issues by the economy in recent months, the recent Russian invasion of Georgia has returned foreign policy to the forefront.

In addition to foreign policy experience, Biden, a native of Scranton, Pa., has working-class roots that could benefit Obama, who lost the blue-collar vote to Clinton during their competition for the presidential nomination.

Biden was elected to the Senate at the age of 29 in 1972, but personal tragedy struck before he could take office. His wife and their 13-month-old daughter, Naomi, were killed when a tractor-trailer broad-sided her station wagon.

Biden took his oath of office for his first term at the hospital bedside of one of his sons.

On Friday, he spent the day at his home in Delaware with friends and family. The normally loquacious lawmaker maintained a low profile as associates said they believed but did not know he would be tapped. They added they had been asked to stand by in case their help was needed.

No sooner had word spread of his selection than McCain's campaign unleashed its first attack. Spokesman Ben Porritt said in a statement that Biden had "denounced Barack Obama's poor foreign policy judgment and has strongly argued in his own words what Americans are quickly realizing that Barack Obama is not ready to be president."

As evidence, Republicans cited an ABC interview from August 2007, in which Biden said he would stand by an earlier statement that Obama was not ready to serve as president.

Biden is seeking a new Senate term in the fall. there was no immediate word whether he intended to change plans as he reaches for national office.

Michael Silberman, a partner at online communications firm EchoDitto, said the campaign gambled when they made such a high-stakes promise and find themselves in a precarious situation where they could risk a great deal of trust with supporters.

"For Obama supporters, this is like finding out from your neighbor instead of your sister that she's engaged not how you want or expect the news to be delivered," Silberman said.

Biden dropped out of the 2008 race for the Democratic presidential nomination after a poor finish in the Iowa caucuses, but not before he talked dismissively of joining someone else's ticket.

"I am not running for vice president," he said in a Fox interview. "I would not accept it if anyone offered it to me. The fact of the matter is I'd rather stay as chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee than be vice president."

He had stumbled on his first day in the race, apologizing for having described Obama as "clean." Months later, Obama spoke up on Biden's defense, praising him during a campaign debate for having worked for racial equality.

It was Biden's second try for the White House. The first ended badly in 1988 when he was caught lifting lines from a speech by British Labor Party leader Neil Kinnock.

In the decades since, he become a power in the Senate, presiding over confirmation proceedings for Supreme Court nominees as well as convening hearings to criticize President Bush's handling of the Iraq War.

Biden voted to authorize the war, but long ago became one of the Senate's surest critics of the conflict. Ironically, perhaps, his son, Beau, attorney general of Delaware, is due to spend a tour of duty in Iraq beginning this fall with his National Guard unit.

Obama worked to keep his choice secret, although he addressed the issue broadly during the day in an interview.

"Obviously, the most important question is: Is this person ready to be president?" Obama told "The Early Show" on CBS. Second, he said, was: "Can this person help me govern? Are they going to be an effective partner in creating the kind of economic opportunity here at home and guiding us through some dangerous waters internationally?"

And, he added: "I want somebody who is going to be able to challenge my thinking and not simply be a yes person when it comes to policymaking.

___

Associated Press writers David Espo in Denver, Angela K. Brown in Waco, Texas, Glen Johnson in Boston, Randall Chase in Greenville, Del., Bob Lewis in Richmond, Va., John Hanna in Topeka, Kan., Scott Lindlaw in San Francisco and Jesse Holland in Washington contributed to this report. Pickler reported from Chicago.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/veepstakes

Obama taps Biden to be running mate By LIZ SIDOTI and NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press Writers
Sat Aug 23, 3:25 AM ET

HometownGal
08-23-2008, 06:32 AM
But, but, but wait a minute. Hold the phone!!! Biden is 65 - he's too old. :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
08-23-2008, 06:36 AM
But, but, but wait a minute. Hold the phone!!! Biden is 65 - he's too old. :chuckle:

We will just sign him to a three year deal and see how he feels.

HometownGal
08-23-2008, 06:40 AM
We will just sign him to a three year deal and see how he feels.

LOL! He's a smidgeon of a better selection than Bitchary, but I still have to pass.

PisnNapalm
08-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Make sure you cling extra hard to your guns. Biden is a notorious gun grabber.

Godfather
08-23-2008, 09:57 AM
This process was a mess. He said the announcement was coming Friday. Then he left everyone hanging all day. Then everyone got bored and started with their weekend. Then CNN beats him to the punch. Then he sends the message out at 3am Eastern and wakes everyone up with a blaring cell phone.

"The way this whole thing has been handled, Barry, has been stupid."

xfl2001fan
08-23-2008, 09:57 AM
If Hillary had been the running mate, Obama would've likely been assassinated

stillers4me
08-23-2008, 10:16 AM
Wow those 9,000 some votes that Biden got will really help Obama in November.
Not to mention those 3 electorial votes. :coffee:

Godfather
08-23-2008, 10:28 AM

Sadly that's a major concern anyway. A lot of ignorant rednecks won't be pleased with the idea of a black POTUS.

Texasteel
08-23-2008, 10:42 AM
LOL! He's a smidgeon of a better selection than Bitchary, but I still have to pass.

I really can't think of anybode he could have picked that would have gotten me to vote for him. :noidea:

GBMelBlount
08-23-2008, 10:43 AM
xfl2001fan:

Godfather:
Sadly that's a major concern anyway. A lot of ignorant rednecks won't be pleased with the idea of a black POTUS.

Many people honestly feel the likelihood of his assassination would increases siginificantly if Hillary, specifically, was the VP.

stillers4me
08-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Many people honestly feel the likelihood of his assassination would increases siginificantly if Hillary, specifically, was the VP.

Good Gawd Almighty........that would make Hillary the Prez. Are these people out of their freaking minds??????? :doh:

I feel Obama risk of assassination attempts is relatively high regardless of who his VP is. As much as I dislike the thought of him being the president, I find that a very sad fact.

tony hipchest
08-23-2008, 11:53 AM
woohoo! obama threads are back! :bump:

i think obamas vitality woulda been pretty safe with the lady or mexican as vp. no assassin wants to be responsible for putting them in the whitehouse.

it sucks his potential assassination has to be a key topic, and it wouldnt be so if he werent black.

xfl2001fan
08-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Yeah, but if she was the VP, the likelihood of a successful assassination would increase...due to extra fundage involved.

I don't know that he's any more likely to be assassinated than any other candidate as he doesn't really pose a threat to any particular group. If he had a hard stance on any particular issue (other than beating getting the republicans out of office) it might be different.

HometownGal
08-23-2008, 01:49 PM
I really can't think of anybode he could have picked that would have gotten me to vote for him. :noidea:

I'm definitely with you on that, Texas. Hell - Danny Sepulveda could have been his running mate and I still would've passed on the vote. OMG I can't believe I said that! :chuckle:

HometownGal
08-23-2008, 01:52 PM
I feel Obama risk of assassination attempts is relatively high regardless of who his VP is. As much as I dislike the thought of him being the president, I find that a very sad fact.

I'm with you on that too, stillers. I don't like the guy and sure as hell don't trust him as far as I could throw him, but the thought of some loonbag lurking out there just ready to go postal on Obama disgusts me.

HometownGal
08-23-2008, 01:56 PM

As well as the population in Canada increasing two-fold.

Blue dresses would become extinct. :chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
08-24-2008, 09:15 AM
This process was a mess. He said the announcement was coming Friday. Then he left everyone hanging all day. Then everyone got bored and started with their weekend. Then CNN beats him to the punch. Then he sends the message out at 3am Eastern and wakes everyone up with a blaring cell phone.

"The way this whole thing has been handled, Barry, has been stupid."

The 3 a.m. text message is being interpreted as an inside joke reference to Hillary's 3 a.m. phone call ad during the primaries

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/trailhead/

Godfather
08-24-2008, 09:18 AM
The 3 a.m. text message is being interpreted as an inside joke reference to Hillary's 3 a.m. phone call ad during the primaries

http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/trailhead/

LOL, seriously? That crossed my mind but I didn't think it was worth doing it intentionally.

Dino 6 Rings
08-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Nothing like "phoning a friend" to help win a presidential election.

Reality TV gone too far. "I'm weak on foreign policy, let me call a friend for help."

Who wants to be a Commander In Cheif? New Game show.

Dino 6 Rings
08-24-2008, 10:12 AM
McCain could pick Sarah Palin from Alaska as his VP Candidate and take every single hillary supporter away from Obama and win this thing hands down.

Atlanta Dan
08-24-2008, 11:17 AM

Reality TV gone too far. "I'm weak on foreign policy, let me call a friend for help."

Who wants to be a Commander In Cheif? New Game show.

Kind of like 2000, eh?

At least Biden was not selected to head the VP selection committee and then selected himself:chuckle:

Preacher
08-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Let's be honest about this pick...

If traditional politics runs its course, the Dems have just solidified Ohio and Pennsylvania, but have given up ANY hope of pretty much the entire south, including Texas. Louisiana is definitely in play as so many people have left New Orleans... who has come back? Where did they go?

The question is.. will an east-coast yankee vote for Obama? Will McCain's "maverickness" play well in the West coast and New Mexico? Whoever he picks as his Veep will solidify or throw those states into play... It will be interesting.

Atlanta Dan
08-24-2008, 11:42 AM

If traditional politics runs its course, the Dems have just solidified Ohio and Pennsylvania, but have given up ANY hope of pretty much the entire south, including Texas. Louisiana is definitely in play as so many people have left New Orleans... who has come back? Where did they go?

The question is.. will an east-coast yankee vote for Obama? Will McCain's "maverickness" play well in the West coast and New Mexico? Whoever he picks as his Veep will solidify or throw those states into play... It will be interesting.

The electoral chess game enters a more intensive phase

Texas was never in play and if it was Obama wins in a landslide anyhow

Bayh would have put Indiana in play (and forced McCain to burn $$ on TV buys in Chicago that he will not otherwise make) but Biden brings heft Bayh lacks, can call McCain out as only another senior Senator can, and is an effort to rally voters Obama needs in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan

One question is whether this takes Virginia out of play and puts it in the GOP column (since neither Kaine or Webb were selected)

FYI is a link to an interesting map of current electoral votes - IMO it comes down to who can win 2 of these 3 states - Ohio, Michigan, and Florida

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/interactives/campaign08/

Buckle up - this is going to be a fascinating campaign

Godfather
08-24-2008, 12:56 PM
McCain could pick Sarah Palin from Alaska as his VP Candidate and take every single hillary supporter away from Obama and win this thing hands down.

I would love that ticket. But I'll just be happy to not have Romney.

Godfather
08-24-2008, 01:00 PM

Louisiana won't be close. W ran away with it both times, and his 2004 margin happened in spite of a lot of policies that hurt the state. Also, while the overall population drop isn't that much anymore, most of the people still gone are Democrats. Some former NOLA residents are in other parts of the state while some are in places like Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, etc. which already had a large number of former New Orleanians even before Katrina. I'm in Mississippi.

The latest Rasmussen poll has J-Mac up by 17 points.

Dino 6 Rings
08-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Here is a pretty good site for the electoral vote breakdown as it stands now. It updates every day.

http://electoral-vote.com/

tony hipchest
08-25-2008, 12:18 PM

Who wants to be a Commander In Cheif? New Game show.yeah, after 8 years of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? its time for a "new show".

(insert any of a million "you might be a redneck...." jokes here)

:chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2008, 12:22 PM
yeah, after 8 years of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? its time for a "new show".

(insert any of a million "you might be a redneck...." jokes here)

:chuckle:

Tony... what are you going to do if McCain tabs Romney as a VP runining mate...is that enough to make you reconsider?

tony hipchest
08-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Tony... what are you going to do if McCain tabs Romney as a VP runining mate...is that enough to make you reconsider?no. but i definitely would if he got richardson :chuckle:... or even lieberman.

but yeah, its probably gonna come down to the debates for me.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2008, 12:32 PM
no. but i definitely would if he got richardson :chuckle:... or even lieberman.

but yeah, its probably gonna come down to the debates for me.

I think Lieberman could be a possibility...In a perfect world...Condoleezza Rice would be the pick....THAT would throw a wrench into the works!!!!...She definetly doesnt look like the guys on the 1 dollar and 5 dollar bills!!!!!!!

(What a twisted mind can imagine...hehehehe)

tony hipchest
08-25-2008, 12:36 PM
I think Lieberman could be a possibility...In a perfect world...Condoleezza Rice would be the pick....THAT would throw a wrench into the works!!!!...She definetly doesnt look like the guys on the 1 dollar and 5 dollar bills!!!!!!!

(What a twisted mind can imagine...hehehehe)that would be a ticket i would strongly have to consider. (although mccain might have a heart attack as soon as he found out he won!) :doh:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2008, 12:41 PM
that would be a ticket i would strongly have to consider. (although mccain might have a heart attack as soon as he found out he won!) :doh:

I wonder if I could marry his wife "on the rebound"....

Which brings up a legit poll question....who would be the hottest first lady or potential first lady ever.

1) Jacqueline Kennedy
2) Cindy McCain
3) Eleanor Roosevelt

tony hipchest
08-25-2008, 12:53 PM
I wonder if I could marry his wife "on the rebound"....

Which brings up a legit poll question....who would be the hottest first lady or potential first lady ever.

1) Jacqueline Kennedy
2) Cindy McCain
3) Eleanor Roosevelt
4) Hilary Clinton

fixed that for ya! :toofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2008, 12:57 PM
fixed that for ya! :toofunny:

I may never have sex again......ever!

Preacher
08-25-2008, 05:06 PM
The problem with picking lieberman... is that a LARGE part of the base... all the social republicans, would back away from this ticket based on the abortion issue. McCain can't afford to lose that base, or the south comes back into play for the dems. This election may also teeter on a few states in the west... like Montana, which elected a democrat governor. To pick up a pro-choice candidate may drive the party base away and allow a couple west coast states to swing the election.

Condi would be a great choice as far as I am concerned. However she too has that abortion question hanging over her head.

I don't know who is going to be picked... but I would surmise the person should have executive experience AND be able to deliver a couple states that otherwise might be in play. That would then push possibly Romney....

Matter of fact, that makes the most sense. Romney (even though I don't believe it) has the rep. of being the conservative republican.

If he is chosen, he can deliver one or two NE states possibly, strengthen the base vote, avoid the abortion issue for the base, and have 4 to 8 years to prove he IS the conservative he is putting himself out to be. that would serve him well in the next open republican cycle-- where he could then emerge as the next nominee.

Atlanta Dan
08-25-2008, 06:55 PM
If he is chosen, he can deliver one or two NE states possibly, strengthen the base vote, avoid the abortion issue for the base, and have 4 to 8 years to prove he IS the conservative he is putting himself out to be. that would serve him well in the next open republican cycle-- where he could then emerge as the next nominee.

Certain fringe elements of the so-called base might not be real excited about electing a Mormon and with the McCain campaign already running Biden's digs at Obama during the primaries there are plenty of times Romney zinged McCain

But he does put Michigan in play

Preacher
08-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Certain fringe elements of the so-called base might not be real excited about electing a Mormon and with the McCain campaign already running Biden's digs at Obama during the primaries there are plenty of times Romney zinged McCain

I didn't think of the McCain/Romney exchanges.. that is a good point.

However, I wonder what those exchanges were about. Were they just politics... or were they more at the throat.. Like BIden saying Obama isn't ready to be a leader (or something like that)?

As far as the Mormon issue goes, It is my guess that those who are pushed away by that are already pushed away by McCain, so I don't think he will push more away. Actually, I think that putting an "establishment republican" there will draw more back.

tony hipchest
08-25-2008, 08:40 PM
osama-binladen

obama-biden

:thumbsup:

i like it!

:sofunny:

Godfather
08-26-2008, 09:04 AM

I can see another commercial if Romney is the running mate.

Roll the tape of J-Mac saying he'd pick someone with strong principles. Then alternate Governor Romney promising to protect a woman's right to choose with candidate Romney promising to protect unborn children. Do the same with guns, gay rights, socialized health care. That could be brutal.

I'm still hoping for Sarah Palin (the governor of Alaska).

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-26-2008, 11:28 AM
osama-binladen

obama-biden

i like it!

Hmmmmm....now that you say that...I hae never seen them in the same place...at the same time. Kinda like the Clark Kent/Superman thing.

Dino 6 Rings
08-26-2008, 11:36 AM
osama-binladen

obama-biden

i like it!

Hey now, don't be a racist and fear monger by comparing Obama to Osama...that's just wrong...

if you want to compare him to a terrorist, try Bill Ayers...that's more real anyway.

:drink:

Preacher
08-26-2008, 02:49 PM
I can see another commercial if Romney is the running mate.

Roll the tape of J-Mac saying he'd pick someone with strong principles. Then alternate Governor Romney promising to protect a woman's right to choose with candidate Romney promising to protect unborn children. Do the same with guns, gay rights, socialized health care. That could be brutal.

I'm still hoping for Sarah Palin (the governor of Alaska).

Yep... and at this point, who knows if he is truly a conservative or not, which is why I didn't want to vote for him... because his tact to the right had the smell of politics.

Don't get me wrong... I don't have a problem with people who continually search their convictions and evolve their view... I DO have a problem with someone who changes everything within a few weeks or months---

I am not sure WHO I want. Romney brings that executive experience and puts some NE states into play... and Michigan from what AD was saying.

Why not COMPLETELY tick off the left and choose governor Bush from Florida? :rofl:

revefsreleets
08-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Biden has already ripped Obama apart, so the McCain/Romney thing is much ado about nothing.

Biden has some issues. He was long viewed as too much of an egghead to be electable (Americans used to love intellectuals...now we question and fear them, and instead look to Paris Hilton for answers...yikes!). He has plagiarized speeches word for word before. He's got some of the same baggage that McCain carries, which mitigates and neutralizes those types of attacks from Obama on McCain.

But Biden also is the "bad cop" and has already started tearing McCain down, which is too bad, because they are, as far as I know, working partners if not friends. He can keep some of the slime off Obama, while still making sure it gets flung.

It's probably a good choice, and will help more than hurt. McCain's VP choice will be more interesting now, and both matter a lot more than they did 9 years ago when VP's were still "not worth a bucket of warm spit". Cheney changed all that forever...

tony hipchest
08-26-2008, 09:56 PM
I may never have sex again......ever!WHAT???

hilary simlpy looks ravishing at tonights Democratic National Convention. and Chelsea (little sweet yet OH SO grown up chelsea) looks stunning too. thats a tag team i'd love to have endow... i mean "endorse" me .

:jerkit: :yeehaw:

:toofunny:

(fwiw i would much prefer a threesome with laura and the 2 bush daughters)

mods: please dont ban me. :wave:

Atlanta Dan
08-26-2008, 10:37 PM
WHAT???

hilary simlpy looks ravishing at tonights Democratic National Convention. and Chelsea (little sweet yet OH SO grown up chelsea) looks stunning too. thats a tag team i'd love to have endow... i mean "endorse" me .

:jerkit: :yeehaw:

:toofunny:

(fwiw i would much prefer a threesome with laura and the 2 bush daughters)

mods: please dont ban me. :wave:

Be more concerned about prosecution for interstate transmission of obscene material :jawdrop:

Was it the color of the pantsuit that really pushed your buttons when the Chappaqua Nutcracker took the stage tonight?

tony hipchest
08-26-2008, 11:42 PM
Be more concerned about prosecution for interstate transmission of obscene material :jawdrop:

Was it the color of the pantsuit that really pushed your buttons when the Chappaqua Nutcracker took the stage tonight?:sofunny:

my "worse half" suggested she looked like a pumpkin.

i talked her down to carrot.

agreed>>>>> the Hilmeister shoulda gone with the banana yellow pantsuit- :banana:

:laughing:

Godfather
08-27-2008, 07:06 AM
Yep... and at this point, who knows if he is truly a conservative or not, which is why I didn't want to vote for him... because his tact to the right had the smell of politics.

Don't get me wrong... I don't have a problem with people who continually search their convictions and evolve their view... I DO have a problem with someone who changes everything within a few weeks or months---

I am not sure WHO I want. Romney brings that executive experience and puts some NE states into play... and Michigan from what AD was saying.

Why not COMPLETELY tick off the left and choose governor Bush from Florida? :rofl:

It's not so much the flip-flops that bother me about Romney. It's the timing. His position has always been whatever helped him get votes and that's too much of a coincidence.

You REALLY wanna cause the left to stroke out?? J-Mac should pick Cheney :sofunny:

HometownGal
08-27-2008, 07:32 AM
http://www.distantcreations.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/wiggles1407_wideweb__470x3130-1.jpg

fansince'76
08-27-2008, 07:34 AM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/CC.jpg

Hines0wnz
08-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Well, a perplexing pick in my view. He wants change in Washington politics/leadership and he chooses someone almost 20 years his senior who has been in the Senate for 3+ decades. Uh.....what? :popcorn:

TheWarDen86
08-29-2008, 01:38 PM
2008 Democrat National Convention
Schedule of Events
7:00 pm OPENING FLAG BURNING
7:15 pm PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE U.N.
7:20 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
7:25 pm NONRELIGIOUS PRAYER AND WORSHIP - Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton
7:45 pm CEREMONIAL TREE HUGGING - Darryl Hannah
7:55 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
8:00 pm HOW I INVENTED THE INTERNET - Al Gore
8:15 pm GAY WEDDING PLANNING - Rosie O'Donnell
8:35 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
8:40 pm OUR TROOPS ARE WAR CRIMINALS - John Kerry
9.00 pm MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR SADDAM AND HIS SONS - Cindy Sheehan & Susan Sarandon
10:00 pm ANSWERING MACHINE ETIQUETTE - Alec Baldwin
11:00 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
11:05 pm COLLECTION FOR THE OSAMA BIN LADEN KIDNEY TRANSPLANT FUND - Barbara Streisand
11:15 pm FREE THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS FROM GUANTANAMO BAY - Sean Penn
11:30 pm OVAL OFFICE AFFAIRS - William Jefferson Clinton
11:45 pm Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
11:50 pm HOW GEORGE BUSH BROUGHT DOWN THE WORLD TRADE TOWERS - Howard Dean
12:15 am TRUTH IN BROADCASTING AWARD - Presented to Dan Rather by Michael Moore
12:25 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
12:30 am SATELLITE ADDRESS - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
12:45 am NOMINATION OF BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA - Nancy Pelosi
1:00 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
1:05 am CORONATION OF BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA
1:30 am Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST
1:35 am Bill Clinton asks Ted Kennedy to drive Hilary home.

:rofl:

steel striker
08-29-2008, 08:19 PM
I live in Delaware and, Biden is not well liked. I just can't stand him at all! He flip flops on almost every issue.

augustashark
08-30-2008, 03:26 AM
Schedule of Events
9.00 pm MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR SADDAM AND HIS SONS - Cindy Sheehan & Susan Sarandon
11:05 pm COLLECTION FOR THE OSAMA BIN LADEN KIDNEY TRANSPLANT FUND - Barbara Streisand
1:35 am Bill Clinton asks Ted Kennedy to drive Hilary home.

Huge props to you myfriend! I think that this is one of the best post I've ever read here. Very very funny!:thumbsup:

augustashark
08-30-2008, 03:29 AM
Schedule of Events
1:35 am Bill Clinton asks Ted Kennedy and close friend Ron Jeremy to drive Hilary home.