PDA

View Full Version : Public Apology

xfl2001fan
08-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Apparently, I have touched quite a few nerves here. Some of my posts have definitely crossed the line (such as my recent little spat with 43hitman).

My intent (particularly during game threads) is not to spout off insults at other Steelers fans. I am a huge fan of football (first and foremost) and enjoy talking football with intelligent fans. I consider this one of the few sites I can go to and get involved in a real debate.

I also never meant for my presence to be a huge boon on other Steelers fans. Though I don't root for your team, I do have a great respect for the organization, the coaching staff, owners and players. The brand of football that they have historically played is one that I believe is a model for all teams to follow.

I apologize that my constant posting has caused some others to enjoy this site less, particularly those members who represent the portion of the community that I consider to be on the intelligent side. My intent has never been to be looked upon as a troll through my posts. I am a passionate fan of the game and my team, but that does not excuse me from crossing the lines I have crossed.

Sincerely,

Ben

Mosca
08-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Shoot man, I'd watch a game with you any time; I might learn something.

stillers4me
08-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Not sure what you're talking about but I enjoy your posts and your respect for the Steelers is evident to me in your posts. It would be boring we didn't have the opinion of some rival fans to spar around with.

And with a name like Ben, you can't be all that bad. :hunch:

Steelman16
08-23-2008, 11:34 PM
I really don't see a reason to apologize. You do post often, but nobody can fault you for that if most of your posts are quality, which most of them are.

The only that bothers me a bit, is making alot of posts in the Gameday topics, only because it always turns into a flame war, whether you mean it or not.

You are not a troll and nobody can call you one. You have my respect, though I might be prone to good ol' fashioned Browns smack ever now and again. (well, make that all the time. :chuckle: )

As far as I'm concerned, a quality post is a quality post, Browns fan or Steelers fan.

MACH1
08-24-2008, 02:52 AM
Shoot man, I'd watch a game with you any time; I might learn something.

^^^

I agree. Don't sweat it.

It's kinda fun flippin chit on ya. :drink:

xfl2001fan
08-24-2008, 06:30 AM
Let's just say that some members have made private complaints against me, particularly with my constant posting in the game threads. It seemed like a good idea to just back off and let the game thread go on.

Before anyone decides to go back and look, nobody (private or public) made it a requirement that I not post at all in the game threads, it was asked of me to cool down some...and I decided that it was best to not post at all.

Look out when the Browns play the Steelers though, lol.

Godfather
08-24-2008, 06:57 AM
At least stick around for the ither threads. We don't want your avatar to go away.

xfl2001fan
08-24-2008, 07:03 AM
LOL, I'm not going anywhere (of my own volition) bro!

Dino 6 Rings
08-24-2008, 10:08 AM
LOL, I'm not going anywhere (of my own volition) bro!

It ok, we know you really want to be a Steelers fans but are afraid to admit it.

Here's a little head pat...pat pat pat...its all good.

xfl2001fan
08-24-2008, 11:34 AM
It ok, we know you really want to be a Steelers fans but are afraid to admit it.

I want that about as bad as I want to be sent overseas and shot. I can't imagine one scenario where I would feel it's worth being a Steelers fan.

Stlrs4Life
08-24-2008, 09:17 PM
I don't see a problem with any of your posts.

Preacher
08-25-2008, 12:23 AM
No problem with your posts.. or you being here...

I'd just ignore those who keep drawing attention to the fact you're a Browns fan instead of a poster here.

stlrtruck
08-25-2008, 12:16 PM
I've seen nothing wrong but then again I don't read all your posts either. If you felt the need to apologize then it's between you and the offended.

As far as I can tell you've got some reasonable intelligence about you in regards to football, so it's all good.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2008, 01:00 PM
I want that about as bad as I want to be sent overseas and shot. I can't imagine one scenario where I would feel it's worth being a Steelers fan.

Superbowl Sunday?

Actually I enjoy your posts, you can take it as well as give it out...drive on.

fansince'76
08-25-2008, 05:20 PM
I'd just ignore those who keep drawing attention to the fact you're a Browns fan instead of a poster here.

Mmmm....no. The issue wasn't only that XFL is a Browns fan, the issue was the fact that he was beginning to monopolize the weekly STEELERS game threads and more than one person had a problem with it.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Screenshot-18.jpg

Above is a screenshot of the "Who Posted?" results from a recent gameday thread. What's wrong with that picture?

43Hitman
08-25-2008, 05:27 PM
And to be completely honest I never asked for an apology..Nor did I want one from him.. I have no idea why he went public with this. He sent me a pm, and I choose not to respond to him defending himself..my choice. No reason to go public with something so trivial...

Preacher
08-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Mmmm....no. The issue wasn't only that XFL is a Browns fan, the issue was the fact that he was beginning to monopolize the weekly STEELERS game threads and more than one person had a problem with it.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/Screenshot-18.jpg

Above is a screenshot of the "Who Posted?" results from a recent gameday thread. What's wrong with that picture?

Ahhh... I thought this was him here in general.... I have seen a number of gratuitious shots at him when he was doing nothing more than engaging in good discussion.

I guess if he is actually talking good steelers football.. . I have nothing wrong with that... However, it makes me wonder if he really doesn't want to be a Steelers fan... and just can't get himself to admit it.

Hammer Of The GODS
08-25-2008, 05:32 PM
I don't give a damn what you post. Say anything or call me anything you want it doesn't mean your right. As long as you don't step on the Mods toes, I say let it fly!
I sure as hell am gonna let you know what I'm thinking.........like...........

THE BROWNS ARE :poop: :chuckle:

Preacher
08-25-2008, 05:36 PM
I don't give a damn what you post. Say anything or call me anything you want it doesn't mean your right. As long as you don't step on the Mods toes, I say let it fly!
I sure as hell am gonna let you know what I'm thinking.........like...........

THE BROWNS ARE :poop: :chuckle:

You know....

You shouldn't hold it in. Tell us how you really feel! :chuckle:

HometownGal
08-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Ahhh... I thought this was him here in general.... I have seen a number of gratuitious shots at him when he was doing nothing more than engaging in good discussion.

I guess if he is actually talking good steelers football.. . I have nothing wrong with that... However, it makes me wonder if he really doesn't want to be a Steelers fan... and just can't get himself to admit it.

To be quite honest here, I am glad Gary replied to your post as I was pretty torqued off over it. Please don't make us look like Hitlers because we do what our members request of us when their requests are justified and in this case, they were, as evidenced above.

I have no problem with xfl as far as him being a Browns fan - we have several awesome Browns fans here, as well as fans from other teams. They are all welcome here and I believe xfl2001fan to be a nice guy. However - when xfl started to take over the Steelers game day threads and even started smack talking this past Saturday night in that thread (which is NOT for that purpose), I had to address the situation before we had a major problem on our hands with our fans. Several Steelers fans' posts were getting lost because of the number of posts a Browns fan was making in OUR Game Day thread which just isn't right. If you will remember - LITP used to do the same thing and it was met with hostility and rightfully so - this is a Pittsburgh Steelers board.

I agree with Hitman here - this topic should have been addressed via PM and not dragged out here on the open board. I'm going to close this thread.