PDA

View Full Version : As poorly as the starting O-Line has played...

Edman
08-24-2008, 04:47 AM
They gave up two sacks to Minnesota's three. If I recall correctly, didn't Minnesota have a pretty solid O-Line?

So does Minnesota's O-Line suck badly? Or is the Defense (On a good day) that good?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29821&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

xfl2001fan
08-24-2008, 07:43 AM
I'd give more credit to your defense in this case. There was one play (in particular) where I saw your LOLB run over the RT on a pass play to get a sack. That was just sick. There was consistent pressure from every spot...and that was without Troy.

Galax Steeler
08-24-2008, 08:12 AM
We have some improving to do with our line it won't be cured this year but maybe it will improve some.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-24-2008, 10:49 AM
I'd give more credit to your defense in this case. There was one play (in particular) where I saw your LOLB run over the RT on a pass play to get a sack. That was just sick. There was consistent pressure from every spot...and that was without Troy.

Yeah, that was Woodley in the first half. I think he caught the OT a bit off balance, but if he didnt......it was just nasty.

xfl2001fan
08-24-2008, 10:51 AM
That was one of the plays that had Sportscenter written all over it. He absolutely exploded into him and I nearly leaped out of my seat seeing it. I may not like your team, but that was some damn fine football there!

Havik
08-24-2008, 10:53 AM
The o-line was awful. They would have given up more sacks if Ben wasn't good at escaping pass rushers. He was under pressure all night and couldn't make any plays.

LVSteelersfan
08-24-2008, 11:13 AM
The o-line was awful. They would have given up more sacks if Ben wasn't good at escaping pass rushers. He was under pressure all night and couldn't make any plays.

Thank God for Big Ben and pray he doesn't get hurt because of that damn Colon. Leftwitch looked ok but he is not the answer if something happens to Ben. He will get crushed because of that Oline because he has no mobility.

xfl2001fan
08-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Methinx that people post without reading the initial entry.

19ward86
08-24-2008, 01:09 PM
We didnt get pressure consistently, if you watched the game you would notice that the harrisons and woodley just got a great jump on the snap during the sacks.

Alva Lord
08-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Both of Minn. lines are highly ranked. Their defense is one of the top five in the league.

X-Terminator
08-24-2008, 02:18 PM
We didnt get pressure consistently, if you watched the game you would notice that the harrisons and woodley just got a great jump on the snap during the sacks.

That's the idea, isn't it? You don't get pressure if you don't get a jump on the snap and OL. Otherwise, the OL just eats them up and the QB has all day to throw. It happened time and time again last season.

Alva Lord
08-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Some of you are forgetting that coach LeBeau has yet to open up his play book. He's been running basic/vanilla schemes with a couple of wrinkles here and there.

I was much happier with the defense's execution this week because they played with a purpose.

stillers4me
08-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Some of you are forgetting that coach LeBeau has yet to open up his play book. He's been running basic/vanilla schemes with a couple of wrinkles here and there.

I was much happier with the defense's execution this week because they played with a purpose.

I think everyone is aware of that on both sides of the ball.

tony hipchest
08-24-2008, 04:21 PM

there was some good "here and there" vs. vikings.

6 men on the line and only 1 with his hand down and then 5 men on the line, all with their hands down.

vikings offensive line- :hunch::hunch::hunch::hunch::hunch:

Steeldude
08-24-2008, 09:04 PM

lebeau doesn't hide any secret defenses for the regular season. what you see in pre-season is what you will see in the regular and post-season.

Stlrs4Life
08-24-2008, 09:07 PM
We have some improving to do with our line it won't be cured this year but maybe it will improve some.

I agree. Vikings OL is pretty darn good with 2 pro bowlers on it.

lilyoder6
08-24-2008, 09:10 PM
i think our o-line did well last night.. i mean u have to give the good credit 4 going against the pro-bowl williams's in the middle and pro-bowler jared allan.. prop the best d-line in the game and they only had 2 sacks.. pretty good i think

Preacher
08-24-2008, 10:40 PM
i think our o-line did well last night.. i mean u have to give the good credit 4 going against the pro-bowl williams's in the middle and pro-bowler jared allan.. prop the best d-line in the game and they only had 2 sacks.. pretty good i think

But there were a lot more pressures and hurries...

Still, they did hold up... there were some schemes that got them in the backfield as well.. and some outright good guesses.... Saw one play where they sent a player right through the line where the Guard pulled after the center was locked up by the DT and the RT was locked up by the DE. What are you going to do?

Welcome To Smashmouth
08-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Poor Willie Colon got served against minnesota. Yea, MIN has a great d-line but still....Ben is too valuable to allow that kind of pressure to be hittin him like that play after play....

...why are we paying Max 7 mill a year to backup Colon again????????????????

Preacher
08-25-2008, 01:30 AM
...why are we paying Max 7 mill a year to backup Colon again????????????????

http://theroosterstrikes.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

GeneralRobinson
08-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah, that was Woodley in the first half. I think he caught the OT a bit off balance, but if he didnt......it was just nasty.

I can't believe that was a tackle he ran through. My first thought when I saw it was, "Why would Minnesota have a running back blocking him?"

Alva Lord
08-25-2008, 11:53 AM
lebeau doesn't hide any secret defenses for the regular season. what you see in pre-season is what you will see in the regular and post-season.
You're dead wrong.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/team/pittsburgh-steelers/

Don't Worry Steelers Fans, LeBeau Is Keeping His Playbook Hidden

Posted Aug 22nd 2008 9:33PM by JJ Cooper (author feed)
Filed under: Steelers, AFC North

If you're a Steelers fan who's worried about the defense's poor performance in the first two preseason games, Dagger has a post over at Post Game Heroes that may allay some of your fears.

As he points out both in analysis and pictures, the Steelers have been so vanilla on defense during the last two games that it's unlikely they could stop any team dinking and dunking their way down the field. The Steelers basically played Buffalo with Dick LeBeau's brain tied behind his back. He's not going to show anybody anything, so we saw plenty of four-man rushes against six-man blocking schemes.

Dagger has the detaiils, and it's well worth a look. Also, be sure to check out this video put together by SteelerFury, which by the way, is another site worth checking out repeatedly, especially if you're someone who loves to delve into the Xs and O's and focusing on going deeper than the average fan. What he does is show the strengths and weaknesses of both Larry Foote and Lawrence Timmons.

BurghZ0n3
08-27-2008, 03:51 PM
LeBeau would still use QB RIPPER schemes....Let's roll B&G!!! :tt::tt::tt: