PDA

View Full Version : P. King takes shot at bunglefans on messageboards

tony hipchest
08-25-2008, 11:52 AM
welcome to the world of reading bungletard spew on the messageboards, peter! :drink:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/08/24/mmqb/1.html

Quote of the Week II
"The Bengals re-acquired a capable wide receiver. All it cost them was their soul ... It'd be nice if the Bengals stood for something, other than losing.''
--Cincinnati Enquirer columnist Paul Daugherty, on the team's re-signing of troubled wide receiver Chris Henry, who, since being drafted in 2005 by Cincinnati, has been arrested five times for, in order, possession of marijuana, possession of a concealed firearm and aggravated assault with a concealed firearm, DUI, providing alcohol to underage girls in a hotel room, and assault. In addition, police were called but no charges filed when Henry allegedly stiffed a parking lot attendant for payment last November and the two men argued. He has been suspended three times for a total of 15 games in his four-year career.

The signing comes in the same year that twice the Bengals said publicly they would definitely not re-sign Henry -- and after they have been hit with several injuries to receivers in camp, including to starters Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

The signing is ridiculous and reprehensible, and Daugherty is overwhelmingly correct. But read the message boards in Bengal Land, and you get a different story. This from "XElitist03,'' on the newspaper's Bengals forum: "paul daugherty should quit his job before he gets fired. he is miserable. he is more miserable than chris henry. i would much rather have chris henry in cincinnati gang-banging than paul writing another article for the newspaper.''

Thanks for that fine bit of perspective, XElitist03.
:chuckle: -thats internet bunglefans in a nutshell, pete.

stillers4me
08-25-2008, 05:33 PM
How would you like to surrounded by them day in and day out.....24/7? Welcome to my world, Peter King.

Atlanta Dan
08-25-2008, 05:48 PM
How would you like to surrounded by them day in and day out.....24/7? Welcome to my world, Peter King.

So with Mike Brown undercutting Lewis like this, is the view in Cincy that unless the Bengals make the playoffs Marvin is out after 2008?

stillers4me
08-25-2008, 05:54 PM
So with Mike Brown undercutting Lewis like this, is the view in Cincy that unless the Bengals make the playoffs Marvin is out after 2008?

Most of them think Marvin walks on water. :noidea:

CantStop85
08-25-2008, 06:55 PM

A lot of "us" believe that Marvin might choose to leave on his own, due to being constantly overruled by Mike Brown.

Hapa
08-25-2008, 08:45 PM
LOL Providing alcohol to underage girls in a dorm room. What is a 25 year old guy doing that for?

43Hitman
08-25-2008, 08:58 PM
I saw a thing on the ticker on NFL Network that said the bengals will trade Rudi Johnson for a "legitimate wr". Has anyone else seen this today?

stillers4me
08-25-2008, 09:00 PM
I just heard it on ESPN radio in the car.

Preacher
08-25-2008, 09:57 PM
Well...

Thank goodness T.O. isn't looking for a place to play, that malcontent would be perfect on this team.

Atlanta Dan
08-25-2008, 09:58 PM
I saw a thing on the ticker on NFL Network that said the bengals will trade Rudi Johnson for a "legitimate wr". Has anyone else seen this today?

Same statement on ESPN News crawl, even down to the "legitimate" reference - if a rumor is repeated on 2 channels (from the same source?) it must be true:chuckle:

tony hipchest
08-25-2008, 10:15 PM
"legitimate"

could you use that in a sentence please?

any other pronunciations?

source of origin?

the bengals definition of "legitimate" is assclowns such as henry and johnson.

sorry bungs, but rae carruth and wr convert to be mike vick are still locked up. maybe next year! :thumbsup:

maybe you can lure rj soward out of retirement (or expulsion).

Tankus_Maximus
08-25-2008, 10:42 PM
The Bengals re-acquired a capable wide receiver. All it cost them was their soul ... It'd be nice if the Bengals stood for something, other than losing.''

That line is so great, that I'm jealous that I didn't think of it first.

Tankus_Maximus
08-25-2008, 10:44 PM
LOL Providing alcohol to underage girls in a dorm room. What is a 25 year old guy doing that for?

Because he's a Bengal errrr, I mean LOSER!!

Steelers > The rest of the AFC North

Bengals = Losers

RoethlisBURGHer
08-25-2008, 11:03 PM
The Bengals re-acquired a capable wide receiver. All it cost them was their soul ... It'd be nice if the Bengals stood for something, other than losing.''

That line is so great, that I'm jealous that I didn't think of it first.

But they do stand for something other than losing! They stand for giving the criminals of the NFL a place to call home!

CantStop85
08-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Rudi* for Anquan Boldin...make it happen!

:chuckle:

*Plus or minus 2 first round picks

tony hipchest
08-26-2008, 12:23 AM

DUDE! what do you have against anquan and why would you wanna ruin such a promising career?

plus, NO player is worth 2 consecutive #1 overall draftpicks.

just imagine... 3 heisman award winners on the same team!

:tt:

Galax Steeler
08-26-2008, 05:11 AM

That will never happen.:toofunny::toofunny:

Elvis
08-26-2008, 05:27 AM
:tt02:

I love that Bungals Organiztion

Elvis
08-26-2008, 05:28 AM
DUDE! what do you have against anquan and why would you wanna ruin such a promising career?

plus, NO player is worth 2 consecutive #1 overall draftpicks.

just imagine... 3 heisman award winners on the same team!

:tt:

Tony, not even LaDanian Tomllinson 2 years ago?

:coffee:

43Hitman
08-26-2008, 06:00 AM
The funny thing is.. Rudi Johnson has been hurt all season and most of last year. Who in their right mind would trade a "legitmate" wr for him? (there's your sentence tony) Silly Bungles, football is for intelligent people.