PDA

View Full Version : Social Groups

TheWarDen86
08-25-2008, 08:50 PM
What is the "Social Groups" option all about? Do they post in separate areas only viewable by that group, for instance? Thanks in advance.

fansince'76
08-25-2008, 09:08 PM
To further social cohesion between users and to encourage people to make friends, vBulletin now includes a facility to allow users to create their own social/interest groups.

Further, these groups can be private (open only to invited guests) or public (open to everyone):

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1450770&postcount=8

TheWarDen86
08-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Further, these groups can be private (open only to invited guests) or public (open to everyone):

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1450770&postcount=8

Thanks. Can we use foul language in these groups? lol. Say hypothetically, If I wanted to start "the dirty joke clan." Sounds silly, but I am being serious. Thanks again '76. Sorry for all the questions.

fansince'76
08-25-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks. Can we use foul language in these groups? lol. Say hypothetically, If I wanted to start "the dirty joke clan." Sounds silly, but I am being serious. Thanks again '76. Sorry for all the questions.

Good question. As this update is a new animal to me too, I'm not sure if the board's existing profanity-filtering software would block certain cuss words in a private group (or a public one for that matter) or not, quite honestly. :noidea:

TheWarDen86
08-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Good question, but this update is a new animal to me too, so I'm not sure if the profanity-filtering software would block certain cuss words in a private group (or a public one for that matter) or not, quite honestly. :noidea:

Hmmm.., We may have to take it for a test spin then eh? lol. Thanks.

fansince'76
08-25-2008, 09:33 PM
Hmmm.., We may have to take it for a test spin then eh? lol. Thanks.

I just set up my own private test group and typed the word "c0cky" (with an "o") in a message within the group and it was filtered out. As such, it appears the board's profanity filter is ubiquitous to social groups as well, so ya gotta behave. :chuckle:

TheWarDen86
08-25-2008, 09:39 PM
I just set up my own private test group and typed the word "c0cky" (with an "o") in a message within the group and it was filtered out. As such, it appears the board's profanity filter is ubiquitous to social groups as well, so ya gotta behave. :chuckle:

profanityfilter!!!!!!!!!! :laughing: Oh, alright then.