PDA

View Full Version : Michael Strahan has made a decision

katk9
08-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Jay Glazer FOXSports.com reports retired DE Michael Strahan has decided to turn down the New York Giants offer to play this season. "This has been one of the toughest nights of my life. But after long deliberation and throwing around a million scenarios in my head for the past day, I think it's just best if I stay retired. I have gone back and forth on this because as a player you'll always want to play, you'll never lose that urge to be out there. But I could only do this if I could commit 100 percent, physically, mentally, emotionally and I can't do that. I've tried to convince myself and my body to give it one more year, but in the end I just don't think I could turn it on like I need to again," Strahan said.

xfl2001fan
08-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Not long, drawn out, no tearful good byes. Something seems to be missing here.

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2008, 08:19 PM
guess the giants didn't offer enough $$$$$$$$$$....:hunch:

CantStop85
08-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Jay Glazer (http://www.kffl.com/link/14), of FOXSports.com (http://www.kffl.com/link/189), reports retired DE Michael Strahan (http://www.kffl.com/player/1275/nfl) has decided to turn down the New York Giants (http://www.kffl.com/team/26/nfl)' offer to play this season. "This has been one of the toughest nights of my life. But after long deliberation and throwing around a million scenarios in my head for the past day, I think it's just best if I stay retired. I have gone back and forth on this because as a player you'll always want to play, you'll never lose that urge to be out there. But I could only do this if I could commit 100 percent, physically, mentally, emotionally and I can't do that. I've tried to convince myself and my body to give it one more year, but in the end I just don't think I could turn it on like I need to again," Strahan said.

Well, that was unusually simple.

fansince'76
08-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Well, that was unusually simple.

I think being on the better end of one of the biggest upsets in NFL history as the last game played on his résumé and being in the rare position of going out on top makes it a lot simpler for him.

tony hipchest
08-26-2008, 08:48 PM
guess the giants didn't offer enough $$$$$$$$$$....:hunch:actually he said the money was right, but he didnt wanna embarass the club or himself with potential failure from not being ready or truly dedicated.

class act. i cant wait til he joins the fox broadcast team (fox did tell him to go play and they would keep the seat open for him).

plus he stomped the patriots out. :tt03:

Atlanta Dan
08-26-2008, 09:14 PM
It would have been like Bettis coming back in 2006 if Parker had gone down in preseason - Strahan went out on top and knows he is not in football shape mentally or physically - good for him:thumbsup:

NJarhead
08-26-2008, 09:19 PM
actually he said the money was right, but he didnt wanna embarass the club or himself with potential failure from not being ready or truly dedicated.

class act. i cant wait til he joins the fox broadcast team (fox did tell him to go play and they would keep the seat open for him).

plus he stomped the patriots out. :tt03:

It would have been like Bettis coming back in 2006 if Parker had gone down in preseason - Strahan went out on top and knows he is not in football shape mentally or physically - good for him:thumbsup:

Well said Gents. I agree. Great minds..... :drink:

tony hipchest
08-26-2008, 09:20 PM

thats where i draw the difference between him and favre. dramatics aside, favre is in shape on all accounts.

nobody tried to push strahan out. i like that he atleast considered it to help his team and buddies when they were in a jam.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-26-2008, 10:17 PM
I didn't think he was going to return.

When you have a chance to go out on the top of the mountain like Strahan did, it's gotta be hard to come back knowing that you might go out on the losing end of things.

I like the fact that he decided he didn't need the money and didn't want to embarass the Giants or himself. He's truly a class act.

Galax Steeler
08-27-2008, 04:52 AM
I think he made the right decision he could have come back but what if he would have had a bad injury or something he is living a good retired life now no need to mess it up.

Atlanta Dan
08-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Maybe this court order entered yesterday helped Strahan decide if he really wanted the money

Former New York Giants defensive end Michael Strahan on Tuesday won his appeal from an $18,000-a-month child support obligation imposed in his 2006 divorce, which a New Jersey appellate court found both exorbitant and unfairly apportioned against him.

The court, in Strahan v. Strahan, A-3747-06, said that the trial judge failed to make the specific findings of fact necessary to sustain his decision to add $200,000 a year to the $35,984 annual award that the couple's twins girls are due under statutory guidelines.

While acknowledging there are unique problems with determining the reasonable needs of children of high-earning families, the court said trial judges should nevertheless avoid overindulgence -- citing the doctrine of In re Patterson, 920 P.2d 450 (Kan. App. 1996), that "no child, no matter how wealthy the parents, needs to be provided [with] more than three ponies.":chuckle:

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202424084848

stlrtruck
08-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Good to see Strahan stand by his convictions and not play NY Drama Queen part II.