PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger regular-season ready

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Roethlisberger regular-season ready
By Mike Prisuta
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ben Roethlisberger and the starters will play "roughly" a quarter in the preseason finale on Thursday night against Carolina, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday. Roethlisberger said he's feeling regular-season ready in advance of his final preseason tune-up. "Yeah, I think so," he said. "I've gotten some work in and it's been productive." Roethlisberger has also liked what he's seen from the rest of the Steelers this preseason. "We have a young offense that is coming along," Roethlisberger said. "I still think we have a chance to be very productive and very good. Defensively, we're a very veteran group and we know what we're going to get from them, solid play all the time. I like what we have this year."

The Steelers reached yesterday's mandated roster cut to 75 by putting tight end Cody Body on the waived/injured list. Boyd had arthroscopic shoulder surgery on Monday. By waiving Boyd injured rather than placing him on the injured-reserve list, the Steelers left open the possibility that Boyd could be re-signed and play for them this season. "Potentially," Tomlin said. "That's what you do when you waive someone injured. You leave the door open for that, yes. I think the condition of his shoulder is better than anticipated, but it would be a little bit of speculation at this point, I think."

Linebackers Larry Foote (knee) and Mike Humpal (stingers) didn't practice yesterday and will not play on Thursday. Safety Ryan Mundy (ankle) didn't practice but is "questionable" for Thursday, Tomlin said. Wide receiver Limas Sweed (knee) is day to day, Tomlin said. Sweed had his knee examined on Monday, but Tomlin said the further review indicated Sweed's knee is "fine." Roethlisberger (ankle), linebacker James Harrison (shoulder) and running back Willie Parker (coach's decision) returned to practice on Tuesday.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_585047.html