PDA

View Full Version : Reed's Weakness

steeltheone
08-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Jeff Reeds only glaring weakness has been kickoffs. I thought he improved some last year, but getting the ball at the 7 or in the endzone is a BIG differance in final field position. This Should give Ernster an edge due to his strong kickoff leg.:tt03:

SteelMember
08-28-2008, 12:33 PM
I think Jeff usually does pretty well in his first few games, and as the season wears on, his kickoffs get shorter. Having Ernster take over those duties would be great, as long as there is no falloff from what Reed would normally do. Let him save his leg for the scoring situations and keep him off the field on returns. That's where he's "money" anyway, and there's less chance for any type of injury.

Improving our field position with either kickoffs and/or punts will only benefit the D with a longer field. Unlike in past years which they gave the opposition a field of only 50-60 yds.

Also, it seems there has been more improvement in our special teams coverage. We need that even more than longer kickoffs.imo:noidea:

lilyoder6
08-28-2008, 12:36 PM
i thought last year dan should of did it.. b/c w/ him he does a have pretty strong leg and he can actually tackle the ball-carrier

steelreserve
08-28-2008, 01:05 PM
Yes, everyone knows Reed has one glaring weakness: HE CAN'T KICK THE F***ING BALL FAR ENOUGH. This comes as a surprise to no one, and I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if the punter can kick it farther.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-28-2008, 03:15 PM
I thought his weakness was eating too much Primanti's at halftime. Kind of perpetuating the stereotype that kickers are not athletes. :)

The Duke
08-28-2008, 04:12 PM
it definitely doesn't help the steelers special teams

if mitch berger or ernster(?) can do it they should be given the chance

I had been hoping sep would do it after being concentrating on punts as a rooke. stupid injuries:mad:

Galax Steeler
08-29-2008, 04:24 AM
At least we have a very active kicker in Reed.