PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC Album Release Date...

MACH1
08-28-2008, 05:06 PM
AC/DC: First 'Review' Of 'Black Ice' Available - Aug. 15, 2008

Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/08/15/smoking-section-acdc-bob-dylan-the-stills/) has posted a short "review" of the new AC/DC album "Black Ice", which the magazine apparently heard during a listening session the Sony headquarters on New York's Madison Avenue. According to the Rolling Stone, the 15-song CD, which was recorded in Vancouver in just eight weeks with producer Brendan O'Brien (PEARL JAM, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, VELVET REVOLVER), features AC/DC singer Brian Johnson wailing "about skies on fire, blood in his eyes, storms raging, lightning flashes, hard rain and pretty women. Angus Young [guitar] shreds throughout (we dig his slide work on 'Decibel'), and the rhythm cats Malcom Young [guitar], Cliff Williams and [B]Phil Rudd [drums] are solid as a rock. The first single is 'Rock 'n Roll Train'; 'She Likes Rock 'n Roll' will be a stripper anthem; and 'War Machine' (our favorite) will tear you to pieces."

"Black Ice" has had its release date pushed up one week, from October 28 to October 21. The record, AC/DC's first in eight years, will be sold exclusively at Wal-Mart.

"Rock 'n Roll Train" will arrive at radio stations August 28. A source at Harddrive Radio described it as "smoking hot. It's AC/DC like we love them, loud, anthemic and hard!"

"Black Ice" is AC/DC's first new studio effort since 2000's "Stiff Upper Lip".

The legendary rockers are slated to begin an 18-month world tour in October, with the trek reportedly kicking off on around Halloween in Chicago.

The 1977 AC/DC song "Let There Be Rock" will be featured in the new Rock Band 2 video game, due out in September. This will mark the band's first and so far only contribution to a video game soundtrack.

AC/DC: 'Black Ice' Artwork, Track Listing Unveiled - Aug. 18, 2008 Columbia Records has set an October 20 release date for AC/DC's widely anticipated "Black Ice", the band's first studio album in eight years. "Black Ice" (see artwork below) features 15 new tracks from brothers Angus and Malcolm Young, Brian Johnson, Cliff Williams, and Phil Rudd. The album was recorded in Vancouver in just eight weeks with producer Brendan O'Brien, who has previously worked with PEARL JAM, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN and VELVET REVOLVER, among others.

"Rock 'N Roll Train", the album's first single, will debut on August 28. A source at Harddrive Radio described it as "smoking hot. It's AC/DC like we love them, loud, anthemic and hard!" The video will premiere in September.

"Black Ice" track listing:

01. Rock 'N Roll Train
02. Skies On Fire
03. Big Jack
04. Anything Goes
05. War Machine
06. Smash 'N Grab
07. Spoilin' For A Fight
08. Wheels
09. Decibel
10. Stormy May Day
11. She Likes Rock 'N Roll
12. Money Made
13. Rock 'N Roll Dream
14. Rocking All The Way
15. Black Ice

"Black Ice" will be sold in the U.S. exclusively at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club retail locations at the special price of $11.88. Online, the CD will be available with free shipping and handling via the band's web site, www.acdc.com (http://www.acdc.com/). It will also be sold at Walmart.com and Samsclub.com.

As one of America's largest music retailers, Wal-Mart will join with Columbia Records to launch multiple activities for fans in celebration of the new CD album, including new product features and promotions to come this fall that will bring fans closer to one of history's greatest rock bands.

"Like all excited fans of AC/DC, we can hardly wait for the launch of this album and all that will surround it," said Gary Severson, Wal-Mart's senior vice president of Entertainment. "We promise there will be a multitude of opportunities for fans of all ages to get involved and 'rock again' as we count down to October 20."

"No Bull: The Director's Cut", a newly edited, comprehensive DVD and of the band's famed July 1996 Plaza De Toros De Las Ventas concert in Madrid, Spain, will be released on DVD and Blu-ray September 9, 2008.

"Black Ice" is AC/DC's first new studio effort since 2000's "Stiff Upper Lip".

The legendary rockers are slated to begin an 18-month world tour in October, with the trek reportedly kicking off on around Halloween in Chicago.

The 1977 AC/DC song "Let There Be Rock" will be featured in the new Rock Band 2 video game, due out in September. This will mark the band's first and so far only contribution to a video game soundtrack.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3110/2773855937_15f0386c65.jpg

NJarhead
08-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Thank you, I will check it out.

BTW - I thought Phil Rudd left?

millwalldavey
08-28-2008, 06:05 PM
AC/DC stinks!

The new Motorhead dropped Tuesday!

augustashark
08-29-2008, 03:46 AM
Hey don't forget, Metallica's new album hits stores Sept 12th. I have heard a couple of tracks and can say that it is no St Anger.

Galax Steeler
08-29-2008, 04:56 AM
Can't wait should be a good one.

revefsreleets
08-29-2008, 09:36 AM
I don't care if Metallica goes in another direction, I just hope it's not another black album. I want MOP/And Justice For All type stuff. 8 minute songs, with 15 different riffs and 20 tempo changes. THAT'S real Metallica to me...Hell, I'd even settle for a little 4 Horseman or Motorbreath...

GutterflowerSteel
08-29-2008, 10:22 AM
I don't care about a new AC/DC album - I just want them to tour so I can see them live lol :cooldude: I never got to see them back in the day.

I don't care if Metallica goes in another direction, I just hope it's not another black album. I want MOP/And Justice For All type stuff. 8 minute songs, with 15 different riffs and 20 tempo changes. THAT'S real Metallica to me...Hell, I'd even settle for a little 4 Horseman or Motorbreath...

1000%

j-dawg
08-29-2008, 10:23 AM
:nw: AC/DC ROCKS! :jammin:

Wal Mart can suck a fart out of their A-holes... :wave:

stlrtruck
08-29-2008, 10:39 AM

I remember Black Album was my first Metallica album, although my brothers had the "OLD" stuff readily available. I also remember that right after that album, I was more interested in hearing the "OLD" stuff instead of anything new. I wasn't much of a fan of the "OLD" stuff until after the black album. Funny how sometimes change isn't a good thing.

vasteeler
08-29-2008, 11:58 AM
OH God please no more AC/DC albums I enjoyed them 30 years ago but come on guys hang it up

NJarhead
08-29-2008, 12:04 PM
OH God please no more AC/DC albums I enjoyed them 30 years ago but come on guys hang it up

I think they have a running bet with Aerosmith to see who calls it quits first. Don't care though as I love them both. :thumbsup:

MACH1
08-29-2008, 12:07 PM
I just want them to tour so I can see them live lol :cooldude: I never got to see them back in the day.

I just hope they come close to my area. I've never seen them live either.

As far as the new album, it can't get any worse than the Crue's new one.

GutterflowerSteel
08-29-2008, 09:04 PM
I just hope they come close to my area. I've never seen them live either.

As far as the new album, it can't get any worse than the Crue's new one.

I haven't heard the entire new Crue cd, but wasn't impressed with the single, Saints of Los Angeles - and friends who went told me that Cruefest wasn't all that.

revefsreleets
08-29-2008, 09:14 PM
I can't bash the Crue. They weren't the most masterful musicians, but they were creative songwriters. Awful "Rat-Cat-Bat" lyrics, though...got better over time but I suspect good producers and handlers had much to do with that.

augustashark
08-30-2008, 03:21 AM

I love it, another fan! The new album has only one song shorter then 5 mins. The others are the 7-9 min range. The bits that I have heard it sounds alot like RTL and Puppets with some JFA! some serious riffs and some great solos by Hammett. I agree with the song choice, how about some Seek and Destroy and For whom the bell tolls.:tt03:

MACH1
08-30-2008, 04:06 AM
I haven't heard the entire new Crue cd, but wasn't impressed with the single, Saints of Los Angeles - and friends who went told me that Cruefest wasn't all that.

Saints of Los Angeles the only good one on the album. IMO

silver & black
09-01-2008, 04:31 PM
I saw AC/DC in 1980 during the Back In Black tour. It was at Public Hall in Cleveland.

They opened with Hell's Bells. I was 5th row on the floor when they lowered the bell with some guy smashing it with a sledge hammer. I couldn't hear for 3 days... good stuff!

revefsreleets
09-01-2008, 05:46 PM
I saw AC/DC in 1980 during the Back In Black tour. It was at Public Hall in Cleveland.

They opened with Hell's Bells. I was 5th row on the floor when they lowered the bell with some guy smashing it with a sledge hammer. I couldn't hear for 3 days... good stuff!

Saw them at the old Richfield Coliseum, For Those About To Rock, I think...(Man, I saw a TON of 80's metal in that joint....sad every time I drive up 271). The thing I remember the most was the smoke. I think every single person at that concert smoked...you could barely see the stage!

Things are, obviously, quite a bit different now...

silver & black
09-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Saw them at the old Richfield Coliseum, For Those About To Rock, I think...(Man, I saw a TON of 80's metal in that joint....sad every time I drive up 271). The thing I remember the most was the smoke. I think every single person at that concert smoked...you could barely see the stage!

Things are, obviously, quite a bit different now...

I was at that show too. I think I was at the coliseum at least every other week in the 80's...lol.

Even after all these years, it looks strange not to see it there when you drive by.

revefsreleets
09-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Saw Maiden there for Powerslave. Loudest concert I've ever attended.