PDA

View Full Version : Chad Scott Needs Cut

SteelersFever
08-31-2004, 03:41 PM
I just finished watching the last 3 preaseason games and have reassured myself again and again of the devotion I have towards Chad Scott's release. He's been in the league since 1997, but performs worse than a rookie. With him as our starting CB, you should expect the worst.

clevestinks
02-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Chad still needs cut. There is no way he should be our highest paid defensive player.

ironcitychef
02-22-2005, 12:18 AM
Yes and no. Does Chad need to be cut? No. His ability to be a hard hitting corner who can tackle is decent enough that you wouldn't want to spend your time looking for a replacement. But, does he need to be making 4-5 million a year for his level? NO. On this, he will get cut. Now watch the bottom feeders over pay once again for a Steelers cast off, or if Chad is smart, he will look to resign at a lower level. I say this because of the rule changes. He won't be a #1 cb anywhere else cause he doesn't match for speed. And no one will pay a #2 cb 4-5 million, so the havenots will promise him number one but then downgrade him after preseason. So Chad. Take the pay cut and stay with us and be a 2-3 cb with plenty of nickel coverage and be on a winner.

JerseySTEEL
02-22-2005, 12:58 AM
Well Rolle just got booted from ten, would be a nice pick up.

SteelersGirlTN7
02-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Well Rolle just got booted from ten, would be a nice pick up.

I know a lot of Titans fans down here, who would be really upset if we picked up Samari Rolle. They're mad that he even got cut to begin with.

clevestinks
02-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Rolle would be a nice p/u. but how much$$$$
and also D.Mason got cut from Ten. If Plax goes????

BlitzburghRockCity
02-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Rolle is going to want alot of money..as is patrick surtain or sam madison if either of those 2 get cut. I think the FO will look to the draft for another CB..but look for Taylor or Coclough to get a chance to step up this season.

Scott will have to redo his contract or he will be cut..he counts well over 4 million to this years cap..so if doesnt, he's gone.

I certainly wouldnt mind have rolle come on to the black n gold..but w/ taylor and coclough in the wings, I think they'll be alittle reluctant to get spend a ton of money on a big time CB in FA, at this point.

JerseySTEEL
02-22-2005, 08:05 PM
some players take less money for the chance of winning ;)

ironcitychef
02-22-2005, 11:56 PM
You are going about this wrong. We are in the middle of a youth movement. With the exception of Bettis, if you make decent cash and have over 6 years of experience, we want you to be the top. Rolle is too high paid and older for us to pick. We would much rather redo another deal with Williams who is still decent and save the money. Besides don't forget we need to sign Hope.

clevestinks
02-23-2005, 02:03 PM
hopefully Cowher knows better than us, and one of our young guys can take over, Ike
has the speed and size but a few ????? also

JerseySTEEL
02-23-2005, 08:13 PM
well iam hoping this year well get a big CB fro the draft like brandon browner, some one who can own the line against all thses big WR, and with plax prob going to bal we need it. i like Ricardo Colclough but not sure how ell hell do.Willie Williams is a lil old 13 years in nfl, he looked good this year filling in but i dont count on him for a season.as to chris hope didnt like his play at all this year. would like to pick one up in draft fig youll get one in the 2nd to 4th like Mitch Meeuwsen, Brodney Pool.

ironcitychef
02-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Although I too would not mind a big game CB in our secondary, I think it is more important to make sure we have five top quality CBs/S to float around and be solid in coverage. With the rules there may not be any true shut down guys anymore, but you need to make sure with all the big WR out there that your 5th best CB can mach up against their 5 best wr/ or TE or RB out of the backfield. As for Hope, I am in his corner because of Troy. Troy thanks two people for his success. LeBeau and Hope. LeBeau put him in position to make plays, and Troy said Hope covered him all year when he was out of position. So with as many big plays we saw from Troy, there were an equal amount of plays we didn't see were Hope saved us cause Troy was too aggressive.

JerseySTEEL
02-24-2005, 04:39 PM
ya at times troy is to agressive but hes just going to get better, and with the 5yrd rule there is never gonna be a shut down coroner i just want a guy who can make a WR off a couple of steps on the line, and jump up there with a 6-5 guy.

JerseySTEEL
02-24-2005, 04:40 PM
and being able to pick some of theses late round FS could be a steal.

ironcitychef
02-25-2005, 09:29 AM
late rounds I can see as Stuvaints could be replaced.

ironcitychef
02-25-2005, 11:39 AM
Well its official. Scott got cut today with Remiersma. Could help us work with Jerome.

ironcitychef
02-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Sorry had to go check the math. Instead of costing us 6.5 million next year those two will only count 2 million. Now saving 4.5 million can we make something happen with Jerome?

SteelersFever
02-25-2005, 12:57 PM
That's GREAT news!!! :bouncy:

BlitzburghRockCity
02-25-2005, 01:14 PM
Now its up to coclough and taylor to prove their worth..but I still look for cowher & co. to grab DB, maybe even in the first round, but definately on the first day.

clevestinks
02-25-2005, 02:20 PM
coclough or taylor either one, I just hope they live up to the hype. Anyone think that we will look TE on draft day, not first round though

BlitzburghRockCity
02-25-2005, 05:27 PM
It all depends on if they have seen enuff good things from matt kranchick, to warrant him being the #2 guy behind tuman. Jerame is entrenched as the starter, and rightfully so, he's a good TE. but it wouldnt surprise me to see them take a TE on day 2.

Couclough was a beast tusculum college, so he'll get his shot, and in training the camp, the spot opposite Towsend will be wide open, for those 2 and whoever we get in the draft. :)

ironcitychef
02-26-2005, 12:32 AM
I am begining to think we go after TE early in the draft. So many other teams have a great one and it causes match up problems. You want to bring that Safety up in the box to stop our run? Fine, how about a Crumpler, Heap type TE bumping and then going one on one with a corner or lone safety? I think we could benefit from a big TE/accurate QB/strong running game combo like in the past(Green/O'Donnell,Morris). Although I still think we take a corner first. Too many good wideouts in the league. At least we dont face Moss in Minn next year.

clevestinks
02-26-2005, 10:57 AM
I don`t know much about the TE in the draft, but I`m sure there will be some big basketball players coming out after SD Te from last year, couldn`t remember his name

ironcitychef
02-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Gates. And yes he put up freaky numbers.

clevestinks
02-27-2005, 06:19 AM
Thats right, Gates. It would be nice to land a stud like that in the draft.

ironcitychef
03-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Hey JerseySteel, besides Miller is there a Basketball type TE you are looking at?