PDA

View Full Version : 53-Man Roster?

Steeldude
08-29-2008, 06:54 AM
Offense/Special Teams (28)

QB - BR, leftwich, dixon (3)

RB - parker, russell, davis, mendenhall, moore (5)

WR - ward, holmes, washington, sweed, reid (5)

TE - miller, spathe, sherrod (3)

C/G - hartwig, kemo, simmons, mahan, stapleton (5)

T - smith, colon, starks, essex (4)

ST - reed, ernster, warren (3)

Defense (25)

DL - hampton, keisel, smith, hoke, kirschke, roye (6)

LB - harrison, woodley, farrior, timmons, foote, woods, fox, frazier, bailey (9)

CB - townsend, taylor, gay, mcfadden, madison (5)

S - polamalu, clark, smith, carter, lewis (5)

exceptions could be made for hills, davis and mcbean.

DACEB
08-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Offense/Special Teams (28)

QB - BR, leftwich, dixon (3)

RB - parker, russell, davis, mendenhall, moore (5)

WR - ward, holmes, washington, sweed, reid (5)

TE - miller, spathe, sherrod (3)

C/G - hartwig, kemo, simmons, mahan, stapleton (5)

T - smith, colon, starks, essex (4)

ST - reed, ernster, warren (3)

Defense (25)

DL - hampton, keisel, smith, eason, kirschke, roye (6)

LB - harrison, woodley, farrior, timmons, foote, woods, fox, frazier, bailey (9)

CB - townsend, taylor, gay, mcfadden, madison (5)

S - polamalu, clark, smith, carter, lewis (5)

exceptions could be made for hills, davis and mcbean.

Looks pretty good 'dude.

I agree with the offense, except Sherrod could be left off with Starks playing the role of 3rd TE. Sherrod has had a decent showing as a blocker though. That would also open the door for Hills if the team is worried about the future at OT and the possibility he may not clear waivers.

The defensive side is where I have some differences. Hoke DT will be on the roster IMO. I would keep him WITH the six you have listed.
I would have kept nine LBs had A. Harrison not been injured, but now I have it down to eight. I don't have Woods or Bailey making the squad, I would add Davis to the group.

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Offensively, its exactly what I think will happen, but might see them keep 10 OL with Hills being added.

D-line should have Hoke in as backup NT and Eason getting cut.

LB might go with 8 to make room for the 10 O linemen and it might be Harrison, Wood, Farrior, Timmons, Foote, Fox, Frazier, Davis (I dont think they expose Davis by cutting him)

The DB's are probably set like that, but they could choose to keep 9 LB's and either Madison or Lewis gets cut.

Steeldude
08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Hoke DT will be on the roster IMO

crap, forgot about hoke. yes, he definitely makes it. cut eason for hoke or subtract from another position.

Galax Steeler
08-29-2008, 02:22 PM
I think lewis makes the team also he has been looking pretty sharp in preseason.

lilyoder6
08-29-2008, 04:40 PM
hoke will def make as the back up nt... and lewis could be a nice addition to the st

19ward86
08-29-2008, 11:05 PM
kickers/punters???

MDSteel15
08-29-2008, 11:49 PM
kickers/punters???

That's what the special teams 3 are....

Bruce Davis is defianately on the squad. So take off Woods and Bailey and add Dallas Baker and that is perfect for what we have :thumbsup: Or even keep Woods and kick Reid out! :tt03:

tony hipchest
08-30-2008, 12:18 AM
im thinking mundy and humpal have been intentionally been kept off "gamefilm" in hopes of sneaking onto the practice squad.

they coulda stuck, but players like fox, madison, dixon, lewis make them take a back burner until they develop.

The Duke
08-30-2008, 02:32 AM
interesting. both lewis and madison making the team, meaning we'd have 10 DBs, at the expense of only 9 LBs

it could happen....

and bruce davis definitely makes the team. he may not do much this year, but will explode like timmons and woodley next year :tt:

DACEB
08-30-2008, 08:30 AM
add Dallas Baker and kick Reid out! :tt03:

Improvised a little on your quote, but I agree, I like Baker over Reid but it could go either way on that one. I just like the amount of work the kid has put in, on his own and with Ben.

lilyoder6
08-30-2008, 08:33 AM
i think we could get by by only having 8 lb's on the team... to open up another skilled pos spot

DACEB
08-30-2008, 08:34 AM
i think we could get by by only having 8 lb's on the team... to open up another skilled pos spot

Agreed, at this point we might seem a little thin on the outside but Timmons could fill in at OLB in a pinch. Foote and Fox are available inside.