PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Utah.

Steeler in Carolina
08-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks to Utah for giving Rich Rodriguez what he deserves, which is a loss on opening day.

steelersfanman92
08-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Amen to that

pittsburghp8baller
08-30-2008, 07:22 PM
they made it a game at the end.

i always like seeing michigan lose a game, hopefully notre dame can do the same later this season

revefsreleets
08-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Wow. I' moving and DVR'd the game, but I'm okay reading this.

Appy State and now the Ute's?

Wow...just......WOW!

pittsburghp8baller
08-30-2008, 08:13 PM
ill be honest, this one doesnt surprise me as much. Rich Rodriguez comes in and implements the spread but he doesnt yet have the athletes at the right positions to run it. Utah is a better team than Appalacion State (i think) so this one i think isnt that much of a surprise

lilyoder6
08-30-2008, 08:21 PM
i so happy mich lost again 2 yrs straight rich rod is a loser

X-Terminator
08-30-2008, 08:41 PM
:applaudit::applaudit:UTAH:applaudit::applaudit:

Life's a bitch, eh Rich Fraud?

SteelCityMan786
08-30-2008, 08:47 PM
HEY TMB, ANY COMMENT?????

Haiku_Dirtt
08-30-2008, 08:58 PM
:applaudit::applaudit:UTAH:applaudit::applaudit:

Life's a bitch, eh Rich Fraud?

Think Morgantown is drunk right now? :toofunny:

SteelCityMan786
08-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Think Morgantown is drunk right now? :toofunny:

They're probably enjoying the first victory of their new head coach Bil Stewart.

millwalldavey
08-31-2008, 09:50 AM
I missed most of this as we had our firs game last night.

I was less impressed with the Michigan D than anything. But it is obvious right now that my boys just dont have the right parts in the machine right now in the offense they want to run.

I feel like writing dear Abby... "Dear Abby. I love my team but hate their coach..."

Eh. They'll still beat Penn State.

revefsreleets
08-31-2008, 10:03 PM
Ohio State is going to DESTROY this Wolverines team.

SteelCityMan786
08-31-2008, 10:58 PM
Ohio State is going to DESTROY this Wolverines team.

Michigan sure as heck better be improving over the portion of the season, or Penn State, Wisconsin and Ohio State will be unofficially losses on their schedule until either they play each other, Michigan can prove they can beat them, or if the other shoots themself in the foot.

millwalldavey
09-01-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm thinking a record of about 500 this year. Things may click, but they do not have enough firepower for OSU or Wisconsin... They will beat PSU simply because PSU simply cannot beat the Wolverines.

SteelCityMan786
09-01-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm thinking a record of about 500 this year. Things may click, but they do not have enough firepower for OSU or Wisconsin... They will beat PSU simply because PSU simply cannot beat the Wolverines.

Hmmmm, Let's think here, Penn State since the 2005 season and the return of the series of Michigan vs. Penn State has lost by no margin greater then 7. Don't give me the we can't beat Michigan crap. Penn State just constantly has shot themself in the foot. That's the only reason they have lost the last 3 games. Simple Dumb Mistakes.

GoFins11
09-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Not a huge surprise to me. I'm happy I didn't go for the home team in my pick em league.

millwalldavey
09-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Hmmmm, Let's think here, Penn State since the 2005 season and the return of the series of Michigan vs. Penn State has lost by no margin greater then 7. Don't give me the we can't beat Michigan crap. Penn State just constantly has shot themself in the foot. That's the only reason they have lost the last 3 games. Simple Dumb Mistakes.

Keep telling yourself that. They still lost each time. Shooting oneself in the foot is usually csued by nerves, brought on by intimidation.

The choke will come again.

lilyoder6
09-01-2008, 05:46 PM
wow.. u talk a lot of shit when ur team blows atm.. i would like to see how u act when psu beats mich

SteelCityMan786
09-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Keep telling yourself that. They still lost each time. Shooting oneself in the foot is usually csued by nerves, brought on by intimidation.

The choke will come again.

I know a loss is still a loss, but in the end that "choke" you forecast I still have a hard time believing that Michigan will end up beating Penn State right now. We'll see how they change between now and then along with Penn State.

revefsreleets
09-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Is the game in Happy Valley or the Big House? I don't think this is a case of this Michigan team "finding itself" like the 07 team did. They are just in a straight up rebuilding year. I think Michigan is susceptible to just about every Big Ten team this year, excepting maybe Indiana and Northwestern (although they looked pretty good this weekend).

SteelCityMan786
09-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Is the game in Happy Valley or the Big House? I don't think this is a case of this Michigan team "finding itself" like the 07 team did. They are just in a straight up rebuilding year. I think Michigan is susceptible to just about every Big Ten team this year, excepting maybe Indiana and Northwestern (although they looked pretty good this weekend).

The game is in Happy Valley.

revefsreleets
09-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm going with the Lions for sure. And PSU is no Utah...

X-Terminator
09-01-2008, 06:21 PM
That will be the only time I will EVER root for Penn State.

Ugh, I feel dirty for even typing that...

SteelCityMan786
09-01-2008, 06:26 PM
That will be the only time I will EVER root for Penn State.

Ugh, I feel dirty for even typing that...

I usually end up cheering for WVU when they play against Pitt if that makes you feel any better.

SteelCityMan786
09-01-2008, 06:27 PM
I'm going with the Lions for sure. And PSU is no Utah...

I'm liking the class being shown by the Buckeye fan. :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
09-01-2008, 06:27 PM
I like PSU...which makes it tough for me once a year when my Bucks play them. Tress models a lot of his program on Joe Pa's, and there's a lot to be admired and emulated there.

(Edit) And I typed that before I read your reply...

SteelCityMan786
09-01-2008, 07:09 PM
I like PSU...which makes it tough for me once a year when my Bucks play them. Tress models a lot of his program on Joe Pa's, and there's a lot to be admired and emulated there.

(Edit) And I typed that before I read your reply...

The only thing I hate though about Ohio State, is PSU's inability to beat them.

millwalldavey
09-01-2008, 07:39 PM
I know a loss is still a loss, but in the end that "choke" you forecast I still have a hard time believing that Michigan will end up beating Penn State right now. We'll see how they change between now and then along with Penn State.

I was disappointed with the Blue defense in that game. The offense may need a little time to click and i'm not sure if Sheridan is the right QB for that offense.

A few games from now, they should be rolling along on defense, but I think the O is about where its gonna be for the most part. They have nice players at the RB positions, but they are hurting a bit at WR.

There is a lot of room for growth. I still think they are boom or bust. They may go 500 or win 8 games. Hard to tell.

millwalldavey
09-01-2008, 07:43 PM
wow.. u talk a lot of shit when ur team blows atm.. i would like to see how u act when psu beats mich

I have the room to do so. When PSU beats Michigan more than one time in a row, then they can talk about Michigan.

I don;t care if UM is down. The Lions are the ones with something to prove and they better be strapped tight if they want to avoid ANOTHER loss to the Wolverines, weak or not.

AND YOU ARE GOING TO HEAR ABOUT IT UNTIL THEY PROVE THEY CAN.

lilyoder6
09-01-2008, 11:38 PM
thats fine then i guess when psu beats mich i will say it evryday until they again next yr

lilyoder6
09-01-2008, 11:39 PM
also thats in the past.. it's about now

millwalldavey
09-02-2008, 06:42 AM
thats fine then i guess when psu beats mich i will say it evryday until they again next yr

Feel free. I had the last 10 + years to say it every day.

revefsreleets
09-02-2008, 09:01 AM
The only thing I hate though about Ohio State, is PSU's inability to beat them.

Beat em a couple years ago when Robinson was at QB. Hell, I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the Halloween shellacking we took back in 92? 93? That was Ooooogly!

Sure OSU has had the better of the series for the most part lately, but it's not like they own the Lions or anything. I expect PSU will play them tough this year, too...

SteelCityMan786
09-02-2008, 07:47 PM
Beat em a couple years ago when Robinson was at QB. Hell, I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the Halloween shellacking we took back in 92? 93? That was Ooooogly!

Sure OSU has had the better of the series for the most part lately, but it's not like they own the Lions or anything. I expect PSU will play them tough this year, too...

As long as they have great days of practice and great games, boy do I expect possibly a game winning Field Goal from either one of our kickers is going to be needed.

xfl2001fan
09-02-2008, 08:03 PM

I second that. One of the worst things in the world for me was having to travel between Altoona and State College for the Army during the college season. When I work out during the football season, I always wear my teams colors, so it's either Cleveland or OSU...with an occasional WVU tossed in.

I've nothing but respect for Joe Pa and the PSU team and HATE when my team must travel there to face the "White Out".

revefsreleets
09-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Camp Randall on any day (and especially night) is slightly worse, namely because there's about 5 feet separating all those crazed drunken Cheesheads from the opposing bench. But that White Out HAS to be unnerving...I remember the OSU players reaction when asked about it last year. They said the LOVED playing there, because it epitomized big time football!

SteelCityMan786
09-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Camp Randall on any day (and especially night) is slightly worse, namely because there's about 5 feet separating all those crazed drunken Cheesheads from the opposing bench. But that White Out HAS to be unnerving...I remember the OSU players reaction when asked about it last year. They said the LOVED playing there, because it epitomized big time football!

I was part of the White out with Notre Dame last year, It's great to make it a challenge on the opposing team when they come to Beaver Stadium.

Also XFL, you'll have to get out of the PSU Hotbed that is State College/Altoona area first before you see more Pitt fans.

xfl2001fan
09-02-2008, 09:43 PM
I haven't had a reason to go back to that part of PA in over 2 years now. Not the least bit upset over it either! :P I was leaving Kittanning (Deliverance?) PA the day the Steelers won the SB. I was wearing my #17 Browns Jersey that day too. :D

RoethlisBURGHer
09-02-2008, 11:51 PM
I can't wait to take TSUN to the woodshed this year.

I normally root for the other Big Ten schools throughout the season, but I can't find it within myself to root for scUM. No way I can do it.