PDA

View Full Version : Ben's first game in a dome

BlitzburghRockCity
11-24-2005, 02:22 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05328/611878.stm

Another first for Roethlisberger
Thursday, November 24, 2005

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger will experience another first Monday night. He'll play in a domed stadium for the first time, officially, in an NFL game when the Steelers play in Indianapolis.

Roethlisberger's first NFL game actually took place in a dome, in Detroit, but that was an exhibition game his rookie season. He said it does not count because the atmosphere of a preseason game is not the same, nor is the amount of time he spent on the field in his first pro game.

He has asked nearly everyone he can find who has had extensive experience in domes about the atmosphere and what to expect, including Steelers receivers coach Bruce Arians. It was Arians, as the Colts' quarterback coach, who tutored Peyton Manning for his first three seasons in the NFL.

"I've been asking around," Roethlisberger said. "I asked coach B.A. and some of the other guys who played in there how loud it's going to be, and they said incredibly loud. So it'll be interesting."

He also wants to make sure he wears the right shoes on the RCA Dome's FieldTurf, which is what the Steelers have in their indoor facility, but which could have a different cut to it.

"I'm still trying to figure out what spikes to wear to protect myself. It will be neat to be inside and see what these dome quarterbacks experience with no elements."

steeler47
11-24-2005, 07:42 AM
Yea..the noise will def. be a factor somewhat.
I think as we all do that the running game is the key.With Fast Willie,The Bus and Duce..we should stay fresh.The bungles were running on the colts very well,they just didnt have the long sustained drives to keep the ball out of Peyton's hands that we can have.
I'm still concered a bit about Essex on the left side a bit.Hopefully the extra TE and Faneca will cover that.
All in all it will be a good game but we have to control the ground game and ball.
Also I noticed Peyton getting happy feet in Cinnci. when alittle pressure was brought in on him.

What a Premaddona.....(sp.):rolleyes:

clevestinks
11-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Just a warm up! LOL

Well the superbowl is domed this year, so he needs the practice.

SteelCityMan786
11-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Yep he can get some good practice for when he plays in and wins in Super Bowl XL Getting That One For The Thumb

Avoid LLoyd1975
11-24-2005, 03:01 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Lets go Steelers

RoethlisBURGHer
11-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Another difference between the game @ Detroit and Mondya night's game in Indy-we're facing a good team.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-25-2005, 01:46 PM
Im glad this is field turf and not astro turf..that will help alievate some of the pressure on the players knees..

He has asked nearly everyone he can find who has had extensive experience in domes about the atmosphere and what to expect, including Steelers receivers coach Bruce Arians. It was Arians, as the Colts' quarterback coach, who tutored Peyton Manning for his first three seasons in the NFL.

and dont underestimate the signifcance of this, Bruce knows peyton as well as anybody so this will help our defense, and a big reason why Ben has been so good so far in his career.

SteelCityMan786
11-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Field Turf is also the Stuff The Steelers Will be Playing on at Ford Field On February 5. Good way to play a game on turf that will be the same as the Super Bowls Turf.

Black-n-Gold
11-25-2005, 02:08 PM
You never know, Ben might play like never before in the conditions of a dome. I believe this article, and the one from Cowher, are just to make the Colt's believe that we're not confident in this game.