PDA

View Full Version : Domonique Foxworth anyone?

jjpro11
09-01-2008, 03:26 PM
http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3563823

it looks like the broncos are shopping the young CB. i've been reading the broncos boards and they are all pretty devastated.. he sounds like a great character guy with good potential playing in a crowded defensive backfield. granted, there are teams more in need of a cb out there.. but a guy like that could be a great #4 cb. i would hate to see the browns or patriots boost their secondary by getting him. he is in the last year of his rookie contract which is $927000 due this year

steelersfanman92
09-01-2008, 07:29 PM
He would probably be a nice addtion, but I dont know if there is that much of a need to go out and get a #4 corner

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Considering the Broncos have Chris Kuper and Corey Lichtenstiger on the depth chart at guard/c, they might be able to use a guy like Mahan. Mahan's ability to use angles on blockers might suit a zone block scheme like the donkeys better than here.

If they can trade Mahan for Foxworth, I say go for it!!

tony hipchest
09-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Considering the Broncos have Chris Kuper and Corey Lichtenstiger on the depth chart at guard/c, they might be able to use a guy like Mahan. Mahan's ability to use angles on blockers might suit a zone block scheme like the donkeys better than here.

If they can trade Mahan for Foxworth, I say go for it!!i would think we need line help just a little bit more than db help but if (questionable) reports of mahan b and m'ing for a trade are true, i guess it wouldnt hurt any to ship him on out (as long as its for more experience than what gay or madison have to offer).

i dont think this is a deal that gets made (nor should it).

19ward86
09-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Depends on what they want for him.

Galax Steeler
09-02-2008, 03:25 AM
I would rather see an upgrade on the line it wouldn't hurt to have a 4th corner but our line on both sides of the ball need help.

jjpro11
09-02-2008, 07:42 AM
I would rather see an upgrade on the line it wouldn't hurt to have a 4th corner but our line on both sides of the ball need help.

i agree.. i think they are fine at cb. i just saw the report that the steelers may look for a #4 cb, and foxworth fits the bill.. with mcfadden's status next year in question, and townsend not getting any younger.. he may not be a bad signing.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-02-2008, 09:26 AM
i agree.. i think they are fine at cb. i just saw the report that the steelers may look for a #4 cb, and foxworth fits the bill.. with mcfadden's status next year in question, and townsend not getting any younger.. he may not be a bad signing.

My thoughts exactly!!

Taylor, Townsed are under contract and if you can keep either of Foxworth or McFadden, then you have some decent NFL experience on the corner to start 09.

I still doubt any deal gets done with the Broncos though.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Denver examiner is reporting that Foxworth was traded to the Falcons for a 7th round pick.

Say bye to this thread.

jjpro11
09-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Denver examiner is reporting that Foxworth was traded to the Falcons for a 7th round pick.

Say bye to this thread.

7th rounder.. jeez. it would have probably taken a 6th rounder from us though.. but still.