PDA

View Full Version : The AFC North Position by Position Breakdown: Receivers

9-5
09-02-2008, 01:20 AM
(NOTE: Tight ends and Wide receivers are included)

The second straight tough decision, but we have a new #1 team

Position: Receivers

1: Cleveland Browns
This is a truly scary offense the Browns have, and the receiving corps might be the most fearsome part of it. Braylon Edwards is a superstar WR, with everything a receiver could wish for: Speed, hands, size, leaping ability. Braylon should be burning DB's for a long time. Opposite him, Donte' Stallworth is a game breaker with the speed to run by many a defender. Look for big numbers out of him as well. Joe Jurevicius, when healthy, is a dependable slot receiver, and Josh Cribbs is the best return man not named Devin Hester. At Tight end, Kellen Winslow is arguably the best receiving tight end in the NFL, and is a match-up nightmare for defenses. The Browns offense is loaded, and could be a top 5 unit this season.

2: Pittsburgh Steelers
A close second, Pittsburgh is not lacking quality receivers. Hines Ward is dependable, if not flashy, receiver who is a excellent downfield blocker. However, age could be a concern in the next couple of years. Santonio Homes is a star waiting to happen, a speedster with the hands to make the tough catches. Rookie Limas Sweed is a big target, and should do nicely in the slot. At tight end, Heath Miller is a all around guy who can block and catch, and he does them both well.

3: Cincinnati Bengals
Off the field antics and endzone shenanigans aside, Chad Johnson is a top 5 receiver in the league today. He can do it all, and has produced for years in the Bengals high powered offense. TJ Houshmandzadeh is a underrated talent, who can also do it all. A late round steal, him and ocho cinco are perhaps the best 1-2 in the league. Chris Henry has shown talent at times, for getting in trouble as much as his pass catching skills. When he does play, he gives yet another weapon for Carson Palmer. At tight end, Ben Utect is a reliable guy who has average ability going out for a pass.

4: Baltimore Ravens
Notice a theme with the Ravens offense? Derrick Mason is still a decent receiver, but has never really been that special. That being said, he can still get open and make the catch. Mark Clayton his still not proved to be worth the first round pick he was selected with, and Demetrius Williams is a below average slot man. At tight end, the Stormin Mormon Toad Heap is a excellent pass catcher, and is also a decent blocker.

Next up: Offensive Line

9-5

CantStop85
09-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Cincinnati 3rd? Really?

lamberts-lost-tooth
09-02-2008, 08:07 AM
(NOTE: Tight ends and Wide receivers are included)

The second straight tough decision, but we have a new #1 team

This is a truly scary offense the Browns have, and the receiving corps might be the most fearsome part of it. Braylon Edwards is a superstar WR, with everything a receiver could wish for: Speed, hands, size, leaping ability. Braylon should be burning DB's for a long time. Opposite him, Donte' Stallworth is a game breaker with the speed to run by many a defender. Look for big numbers out of him as well. Joe Jurevicius, when healthy, is a dependable slot receiver, and Josh Cribbs is the best return man not named Devin Hester. At Tight end, Kellen Winslow is arguably the best receiving tight end in the NFL, and is a match-up nightmare for defenses. The Browns offense is loaded, and could be a top 5 unit this season.

Add this "1st" rated recieivng group to a 4th rated QB and 3rd rated Running Game...and what do you get?.....8-8.

revefsreleets
09-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Hmmm...this is tough. The top 3 teams all have really good WR's. The Browns DON'T get the top spot right this minute because they have no #3 WR until Jurevicius comes back, so I slide them to 3 and move the Steelers and Bungals up to 1 and 2. But with a full compliment of WR's they make a good case.

Are CJ and TJ better than Santo and Holmes? Maybe...but I'd rather have the latter on my team for myriad reasons. CJ is too much of a distraction, (and I think Santo will outperform him this year) and Ward is a better all-around player and leader than TJ.

steelreserve
09-02-2008, 11:25 AM

This is a truly scary offense the Browns have, and the receiving corps might be the most fearsome part of it if they actually had a quarterback who was worth half a shit. Unfortunately, despite having good receivers, they don't have anyone to throw them the ball, so the team will probably continue to suck.

I took the liberty of fixing that for you...

tony hipchest
09-02-2008, 11:34 AM
i think 9-5 is doing a pretty good job with his rankings and has been pretty unbiassed. however there is a major flaw with this rankings. already been said about joe j. not being able to go, but how can one leave out one of the statistically most productive #3 wr in the league the past 2-3 seasons? -nate washington.

CantStop85
09-02-2008, 11:58 AM
i think 9-5 is doing a pretty good job with his rankings and has been pretty unbiassed. however there is a major flaw with this rankings. already been said about joe j. not being able to go, but how can one leave out one of the statistically most productive #3 wr in the league the past 2-3 seasons? -nate washington.

Since we're including TE's, Kellen Winslow definitely gives Cleveland a boost. But yeah, Joe J looks like he's on his last legs and is far from healthy at this point. Donte Stallworth is speedy and talented but I think his hype has outweighed his production just a tad so far. And I'm not sure how a guy who's only had 14 receptions in 3 seasons (Josh Cribbs) really factors into the equation.

The Duke
09-02-2008, 03:15 PM
but how can one leave out one of the statistically most productive #3 wr in the league the past 2-3 seasons? -nate washington.

because most people don't know him or think he sucks

seriously , many thought baker would take his spot. and many people outside steelers fans seem to think sweed is the # 3. :noidea:

whatever, stay cool under the radar nate. they won't see you till you're getting six in their endzones

good breakdown 9-5 :thumbsup:

lilyoder6
09-02-2008, 03:23 PM
i think that the bengals are number 3 is b/c they have no te.. wr's alone they are number 1, but other than those 2 no one else.. i think braylon prob is the best wr in the division right now w/ holmes hopefully haveing a break out season

j-dawg
09-02-2008, 07:35 PM
This is a truly scary offense the Browns have, and the receiving corps might be the most fearsome part of it if they actually had a quarterback who was worth half a shit. Unfortunately, despite having good receivers, they don't have anyone to throw them the ball, so the team will probably continue to suck.
I took the liberty of fixing that for you...

:coffee: Derek Anderson throws for nearly 3800 yards, 28 touchdowns, plus 3 more on the run last year and you say that. :doh:

sure thinghttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/homer.gif.

revefsreleets
09-02-2008, 07:57 PM
DA is Dead on Arrival. He's a one and done. He's toast. There's tape on him, he can't move in the pocket, and he's been hit and had a concussion. If the OL drops their productivity this year (and since the Browns are cursed, they almost certainly will), he'll get happy feet and be tossing the ball all over the field this year.

That takes the shine off of that WR corps a little. Edwards is definitely for real though. Him and Santo are the new guard in the AFC North...

j-dawg
09-02-2008, 09:54 PM
DA is Dead on Arrival. He's a one and done. He's toast. There's tape on him, he can't move in the pocket, and he's been hit and had a concussion. If the OL drops their productivity this year (and since the Browns are cursed, they almost certainly will), he'll get happy feet and be tossing the ball all over the field this year.

That takes the shine off of that WR corps a little. Edwards is definitely for real though. Him and Santo are the new guard in the AFC North...

:noidea: haven't played a singal game yet revefsreleets....

D.A. ... Dead on Arrival... :sofunny:

Tankus_Maximus
09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
Yup...just like where they'll finish in the standings this year.

Cincinnati 3rd? Really?

revefsreleets
09-03-2008, 08:45 AM
But he did play all the games last December...and had a worse-than-Kordell QB rating of 65.

j-dawg
09-03-2008, 09:06 AM
But he did play all the quarters last December...and had a worse-than-Kordell QB rating of 65.

Hmmm.... the December where the Browns won 3 and lost 2... :blah: sure thing revefsreleets, DA is "toast", he couldn't possibly help win another game for the Browns. :coffee:

revefsreleets
09-03-2008, 09:45 AM
He'll be badly exposed this year and it starts Sunday. He's an average QB who benefited from a superior line and nobody knowing anything about him.

He's immobile, and when he gets pressured this year, he'll get happy feet and become jumpy. Then the errant passes will set in...the crowd will turn on him and start with the "Brady...Brady...Brady" chants, and by mid-October the whole "Derek Anderson Experience" will be over.

Could have traded him for picks and actually drafted in the first 3 rounds this year, too...

j-dawg
09-03-2008, 10:36 AM
He'll be badly exposed this year and it starts Sunday. He's an average QB who benefited from a superior line and nobody knowing anything about him.

He's immobile, and when he gets pressured this year, he'll get happy feet and become jumpy. Then the errant passes will set in...the crowd will turn on him and start with the "Brady...Brady...Brady" chants, and by mid-October the whole "Derek Anderson Experience" will be over.

Could have traded him for picks and actually drafted in the first 3 rounds this year, too...

:yap:DA will have "happy feet" 'cause he'll be throwing touchdowns! Steve Martin will be so proud. :danceshout: :getdown:

lilyoder6
09-03-2008, 10:47 AM
i mean the browns first game is against the boys.. and they got some fast ppl on that d.. so i can see D.A. running and hurrying up passes

warddj86
09-03-2008, 04:31 PM
Ummm, no

1 Bengals (The only thing they got over us)
2 Steelers
3 Browns
4 ravens

ShutDown24
09-03-2008, 06:38 PM
As much as I hate to say it, here's how I see it (When all are healthy/playing)

1. Bengals

2. Steelers/Browns (Too close to call imo)

4. Ravens (They don't deserve 3 lol)

lilyoder6
09-03-2008, 10:00 PM
but if ur basing ur ratings w/ the Te's invovled how can u still have thwe bengals over the browns and steelers

9-5
09-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Ummm, no

1 Bengals (The only thing they got over us)
2 Steelers
3 Browns
4 ravens
How you figure that one?

tony hipchest
09-03-2008, 11:05 PM
How you figure that one?please ignore quoted post and focus on things of relevance such as leaving nate washington out of your assessment.

WARNING: you might wanna actually compare his numbers to other teams #3's before you reply.

CantStop85
09-04-2008, 12:22 AM
but if ur basing ur ratings w/ the Te's invovled how can u still have thwe bengals over the browns and steelers

Even though he's probably the 4th best TE in the division at this point, Ben Utecht is certainly no slouch. I think the Bengals' edge at wide receiver more than compensates for the TE position. But that's just me. :noidea:

please ignore quoted post and focus on things of relevance such as leaving nate washington out of your assessment.

WARNING: you might wanna actually compare his numbers to other teams #3's before you reply.
No doubt; he's probably the 2nd best #3 in the division...which would be assuming Chris Henry is #1, which would in turn be assuming that Henry can stay on the field, which is a big assumption.

Nate's quietly put up some big numbers as a #3, and he's still very young.

tony hipchest
09-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Even though he's probably the 4th best TE in the division at this point, Ben Utecht is certainly no slouch. I think the Bengals' edge at wide receiver more than compensates for the TE position. But that's just me. :noidea:eh. make that 5th.

i pretty much destroyed litp on this point last year when i contended rookie spaeth was better than utecht. i wont bother digging up the link as i am not the one who is not sure.

CantStop85
09-04-2008, 12:33 AM
eh. make that 5th.

i pretty much destroyed litp on this point last year when i contended rookie spaeth was better than utecht. i wont bother digging up the link as i am not the one who is not sure.

Being better in college (which is still debatable) does not necessarily mean better in the pro's. It's a moot point anyway, comparing a starting TE to a #2.

tony hipchest
09-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Being better in college (which is still debatable) does not necessarily mean better in the pro's. It's a moot point anyway, comparing a starting TE to a #2.youve been around. do you really wanna get into this with me?

CantStop85
09-04-2008, 07:53 AM
youve been around. do you really wanna get into this with me?

Matt Spaeth's best year at Minnesota: 47 catches, 564 yards, 4 TD's
Ben Utecht's best year at Minnesota: 37 catches, 480 yards, 6 TD's

Sure, I'll give you that Spaeth was slightly better in college.

But again, it's a moot point, in the NFL, Ben's best year: 37 catches 377 yards, playing behind Dallas Clark. Spaeth through one season has 5 receptions for 34 yards, playing behind Heath Miller. There's really no point of comparison for their NFL careers yet, unless you want to take that 86 yard difference from college into consideration. :flap:

Tankus_Maximus
09-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Ben Utecht sucks. He's a poor-man's Marcus Pollard.

Heath Miller > all the other TE's in the AFC North.

Matt Spaeth's best year at Minnesota: 47 catches, 564 yards, 4 TD's
Ben Utecht's best year at Minnesota: 37 catches, 480 yards, 6 TD's

Sure, I'll give you that Spaeth was slightly better in college.

But again, it's a moot point, in the NFL, Ben's best year: 37 catches 377 yards, playing behind Dallas Clark. Spaeth through one season has 5 receptions for 34 yards, playing behind Heath Miller. There's really no point of comparison for their NFL careers yet, unless you want to take that 86 yard difference from college into consideration. :flap:

X-Terminator
09-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Hmmm.... the December where the Browns won 3 and lost 2... :blah: sure thing revefsreleets, DA is "toast", he couldn't possibly help win another game for the Browns. :coffee:

You're usually realistic, j-dawg, so you have to understand that the jury is still out on Anderson. Revs is right that he was the benefit of a good OL and being an unknown. I want to see how he does now that teams have film on him. You started to see some of that come into play at the end of last season when he was fairly ineffective and his numbers tailed off. If he has another good season, then and only then will I say he's the real deal.

revefsreleets
09-04-2008, 11:03 AM
As was pointed out in an article in another thread, DA also tossed 19 picks and only completed 56% of his passes.

I think DA will end up being about the equivalent of Kordell, minus the running ability...I doubt I need to point out that that is NOT a great combination!

j-dawg
09-04-2008, 10:15 PM
You're usually realistic, j-dawg, so you have to understand that the jury is still out on Anderson. Revs is right that he was the benefit of a good OL and being an unknown. I want to see how he does now that teams have film on him. You started to see some of that come into play at the end of last season when he was fairly ineffective and his numbers tailed off. If he has another good season, then and only then will I say he's the real deal.

Sure, jury is still out, but I don't think he's going to be "toast". I'm sure he'll have his rough patches, but I don't think he's lost the ability to quarterback in the NFL. Seriously, they got tape? So... Umm... I guess they found out he drops back and throws the ball? New plays, new season. More on that point, he still managed to help get W's during the end of last season. That Arizona game was a push out away from being a W. I'll take DA over many of the starting quarterbacks in the NFL right now... and there's plenty of realistic people who'd agree with that.

stlrtruck
09-05-2008, 05:33 AM
I'll take DA over many of the starting quarterbacks in the NFL right now... and there's plenty of realistic people who'd agree with that.

That's not saying much considering who the starting QBs are in the league:

Miami - Pennington
Detroit - Kitna
Baltimore - Flacco
Chiefs - Boyd?
SF - Smith
Arizona - Warner w/Lienart at backup
Chicago - Orton (I think that's his name)

So just looking at that list, yeah DA isn't such a bad choice. However, there's still 24 other teams with QBs I'd take first.

xfl2001fan
09-05-2008, 06:43 AM
"The jury is still out" is far different from "toast/bust/done"

A 6th round pick (picked up off of the waiver wires) throwing 29 TDs and 19 Interceptions is not exactly a bad thing.

First half stats, 17 TDs, 9 INT, 57.5% Comp
Second half stats, 12 TDs, 10 INT, 55.5% Comp

Other than his TDs, his numbers don't drop that much...and I don't believe anybody is expecting him to have another 5 TD game performance.

In his 6 losses, (I still count the first Pitt game as a loss for him)

11TD, 12 INT, 51.2% (64.1 QB rating)
10 Wins, 18TD, 7 INT, 60.6% (96.8 QB rating)

When he's playing bad, he's playing real bad and we lose...when he's playing well, he's doing pretty damn good.

Did he back into a Pro Bowl, certainly. But Pro Bowls don't really mean much except who's the flavor of the month/career.

stlrtruck
09-05-2008, 07:16 AM
"The jury is still out" is far different from "toast/bust/done"

A 6th round pick (picked up off of the waiver wires) throwing 29 TDs and 19 Interceptions is not exactly a bad thing.

I would agree, that the jury is still out and that it is far different than done. However, his decline in the latter part of the year doesn't give a vote of confidence. Now that teams know who he is, they'll play him differently and the question remains, "What will he do when he's got 5-6 people in his face?"

xfl2001fan
09-05-2008, 07:41 AM
I would agree, that the jury is still out and that it is far different than done. However, his decline in the latter part of the year doesn't give a vote of confidence. Now that teams know who he is, they'll play him differently and the question remains, "What will he do when he's got 5-6 people in his face?"

What do 90% of QBs do when they've got 5-6 people in their face? They either learn to get rid of the ball quicker or they fold. However, getting 5-6 people in DA's face is a lot harder to do with our O-line than it is with 90% of the other QBs in the league.

DA does have a couple of nice advantages. If teams are applying pressure, then we have three matchup issues at WR (BE, Donte and KWII, he's a WR not a TE).

If you press them, they can go by you (well KWII won't burn a lot of CBs, but most safeties/lbs will struggle). If they play off, they can turn a shot pass into bigger yardage. The NFL is about constant adjustments. Some people (rev) seem to think that the Browns O-coordinator and DA are completely incapable of making adjustments.

For a guy to go 10-6 in his first year as a starter (while being a 6th round pick) is impressive. He threw one more INT in the second half than in the first half. That's it. His completion percentage dropped 2 percent fromt he first half to the second. That's it. Dropping 5 TDs is a concern, but again, what were the odds of him having another 5 TD performance like he did against Cincy in W2? Few QBs can match that kind of performance on a semi-regular basis. His "downgrade" was minimal as the season progressed.

The fact that he's a sub 60% Comp QB is a concern, but it's not unusual for QBs who are in an aggressive down-field passing attack to struggle with completion percentage. He's not in a WCO predicated on quick passes. It's a quick strike offense, which generally translates to boom or bust performances. He had 10 booms and 6 busts. His Booms were great, his busts were terrible.

j-dawg
09-05-2008, 08:52 AM

Miami - Pennington
Detroit - Kitna
Baltimore - Flacco
Chiefs - Boyd?
SF - Smith

So just looking at that list, yeah DA isn't such a bad choice. However, there's still 24 other teams with QBs I'd take first.

Sure, there's a lot of fantasy football leagues out there that took QB's from Washington, Tampa Bay, Tennesse, Buffalo, Minnesota, Denver, Atlanta, Houston, St. Louis, Green Bay, and Carolina before Cleveland was even considered..... :noidea:

revefsreleets
09-05-2008, 09:18 AM
So, um, I guess DCers dont gameplan for QB's? They just run the same D no matter who's back there running things?

DA got a pass last year. The OL was solid, and he had good skill people around him. But why did his production drop off at the end of the season? 12 TD's to 10 INT's is a bad ratio. Every NFL QB should complete at LEAST 60% of his passes. Those are minimum thresholds, and he failed to achieve them down the stretch. He lacks mobility. He's not super accurate. He'll rattle under average pressure.

Sorry guys, but the forecast is not sunny for DA this year....don't take my word for it, though. You'll see it all start to unravel right in front of your eyes in the next 56 hours.

j-dawg
09-05-2008, 09:38 AM
So, um, I guess DCers dont gameplan for QB's? They just run the same D no matter who's back there running things?

DA got a pass last year. The OL was solid, and he had good skill people around him. But why did his production drop off at the end of the season? 12 TD's to 10 INT's is a bad ratio. Every NFL QB should complete at LEAST 60% of his passes. Those are minimum thresholds, and he failed to achieve them down the stretch. He lacks mobility. He's not super accurate. He'll rattle under average pressure.

Sorry guys, but the forecast is not sunny for DA this year....don't take my word for it, though. You'll see it all start to unravel right in front of your eyes in the next 56 hours.

So, um, I guess OCers don't gameplan for Defenses? The Quarterback can't check out of plays for better blocking?

Nobody gets a "pass" in an NFL game. First season, no Defensive help, and DA had production problems.. that's just CRAZY!

Can't wait for the season to unravel right before my eyes Revefs.....

X-Terminator
09-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Sure, jury is still out, but I don't think he's going to be "toast". I'm sure he'll have his rough patches, but I don't think he's lost the ability to quarterback in the NFL. Seriously, they got tape? So... Umm... I guess they found out he drops back and throws the ball? New plays, new season. More on that point, he still managed to help get W's during the end of last season. That Arizona game was a push out away from being a W. I'll take DA over many of the starting quarterbacks in the NFL right now... and there's plenty of realistic people who'd agree with that.

You don't think that DC's aren't studying those films looking for weaknesses they can exploit? Every DC in the league does that, and it will be no different with DA. How he handles those adjustments that teams will make will go a long way toward determining what kind of QB he is going to be. I agree that DA is better than probably 1/4 of the starting QBs in the league. But the bottom line is he is going to have to do it again this season and improve in the process (specifically the 19 INTs; only Cartoon threw more among AFC QBs), or be labeled a one-year wonder.

xfl2001fan
09-05-2008, 10:10 AM

I'm well aware that DC will game plan against other teams. I'm also aware of how he played down the stretch. In his losses, he was particularly bad.

However, you make it seem like he never did anything good last year. It was everybody else on the offense, but not him.

Every NFL QB should complete 60% of his passes, his bad games were extremely bad...and we lost. Those numbers brough the rest of his season average down. Most of the QBs who have a higher completion percentage (not all) run WC style of offenses. It's a little easier to complete a 6 yard slant than a 15 yard out.

Does he need to improve his Comp%? Absolutely. But considering he (and the entire offense) were playing in their first year together under a brand new O-coordinator, I think it wasn't that bad. Especially when you consider how many of the pieces were new to the team as a whole. Playing another season together (barring more injuries) leads to continuity which should improve his comp% and reduce his INTs.

MDSteel15
09-05-2008, 11:08 AM

Miami - Pennington
Detroit - Kitna
Baltimore - Flacco
Chiefs - Boyd?
SF - Smith

Watch it Scott, Kitna was good in Cincy and Warner will win in Arizona!

xfl2001fan
09-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Watch it Scott, Kitna was good in Cincy and Warner will win in Arizona!

Warner might if he can keep his thumb healthy. He's had a "brittle" tag attached to his career that has hindered him playing up to his early century playing days.

Kitna is a pretty good QB though...not HoF worthy, but that doesn't mean he's terrible. He's just been stuck with some crappy organizations (lately Cincy and Detroit).

MDSteel15
09-05-2008, 11:21 AM
But back to the orignal topic here:

WRs
Chad, TJ and eventually Henry = Cincy # 1
Hines, Santo, Nate and newbie Sweed = Pitt #2
Braylon, inexperienced Cribbs and no one else = Browns 3rd (until Stallworth proves anything, Edwards is alone)
Do the Ravens have WRs??? 4th

Add TEs
Steelers 2 trheats have to move them to 1st! Both are RedZone threats and Miller is a blocking machine....
Cincy picked up Utecht who has absolutely done nothing in the NFL, but since they have the Trio, they only move to 2nd.....
Kellen Winslow is an awesome reciver but he aint no soldier...LOL This does though, move them into 2nd place tie!?!?!
Well the Ravens are the Ravens and all they have is a top TE (Heap) on IR most of the time... still 4th

MDSteel15
09-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Warner might if he can keep his thumb healthy. He's had a "brittle" tag attached to his career that has hindered him playing up to his early century playing days.

Kitna is a pretty good QB though...not HoF worthy, but that doesn't mean he's terrible. He's just been stuck with some crappy organizations (lately Cincy and Detroit).

You watch, I have both teams making the playoffs this year!
Cowboys
Packers
Saints
Cardinals
Giants
Lions

xfl2001fan
09-05-2008, 11:46 AM
You watch, I have both teams making the playoffs this year!
Cowboys
Packers
Saints
Cardinals
Giants
Lions

Wow, Lions (NFC's version of Cincy, but without all the jailtime) and Packers over the Vikings? The Packers have a complete team other than the question mark at QB...so I can see the guestimation there...and probably agree with you on it.

Cardinals over the Seahawks? Possibly, but this is the Cardinals we're talking about. Cardinals with an over-the-hill runner in Edge, a flimsy QB in Warner, a flaky backup in Leinert and a huge distraction in their WR corps. Do they have a defense worth looking at? I seriously don't know who they have on their team outside of Wilson. They might be one of those quietly good teams, but again, I really don't know.

Arguments will be made out of more than one team coming out of the NFC East. Not that two playoff teams are coming from there, but which ones. The Giants looked pretty decent last night, but it's a long season still.

I'd probably go Dalls, Giants, Seahawks, Packers, Vikings and ... the NFC South is so iffy right now. I'm going to stretch my neck hard and go wth Carolina.

AFC: *s, Colts, Chargers, Texans, Jaguars and whomever wins the AFCN. Though the Steelers look like a better team (after preseason has played out) both my team and everyone elses have some very tough schedules...and the question marks on each team are too big to completely ignore. If it comes down to lucky breaks, then the Steelers get in, because (as Revs likes to put it) it just feels like we're cursed.

MDSteel15
09-05-2008, 11:07 PM
The Cards have quietly put together a nice D- and special teams unit. As far as Edge goes, I believe he is about the same age or close to Jamal, and his back up is a beast waiting to happen. :thumbsup:

The SeaChickens have a banged up QB and RB plus their O-line is sagging! Their D-, who's on it any more?