PDA

View Full Version : Mahan traded back to Tampa Bay

RunWillieRun
09-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Just heard on 1250 that Mahan was traded to Tampa Bay for a 2009 pick....not sure what round.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Just heard on 1250 that Mahan was traded to Tampa Bay for a 2009 pick....not sure what round.

Yup, its up on the steelers.com site....undisclosed draft pick.

Maybe they can do something with the cap space created??

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-02-2008, 04:54 PM
http://news.steelers.com/article/95443/

Steelers Trade Mahan for 2009 Draft Pick

PITTSBURGH ― The Steelers traded veteran center Sean Mahan to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for an undisclosed 2009 draft pick, the team announced today.

Mahan, a six-year veteran, signed with the Steelers prior to the 2007 season as an unrestricted free agent from the Buccaneers, who selected him in the fifth round (168th overall) of the 2003 NFL Draft.

Mahan started all 16 games in the regular season and the Steelers’ only postseason game in 2007.

The Steelers presently have 52 players on their active roster and will be able to add one more player prior to Sunday’s (Sept. 7) season opener against the Houston Texans at Heinz Field.

Preacher
09-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Hey...

Someone to fill the gap last year and a draft pick this year....

Overall I can't argue with that.

Preacher
09-02-2008, 04:58 PM
no way we could get that for mahan.. if anything it would probably be a 5th, or a 6th.. both of which are projected to be in the 20s or 30s selection of the round.

No reason we couldn't get a 4th for him. BUndle that with our 4th and move up to the high three... and pick 1, 2, 3, 3, would be quite nice.

heck, bundle 2, 3, 3, and get another 1 for two lineman? pick up a DL in FA... we would be sitting pretty.

fansince'76
09-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Bye bye, 'goat. :chuckle:

http://crosschurch.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/scapegoat.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
09-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-02-2008, 05:05 PM
My bet is a 7th round pick with a conditional clause that could make it a 6th if he plays a lot of snaps.

Most teams have their rosters filled, so its a bargain time of the year.

tony hipchest
09-02-2008, 05:05 PM
im pretty suprised and gotta think theres something up the steelers sleeve. were awfully thin in the line to trade and not replace him. anyways, we get an additional pick next year to go with the faneca supplimental, and a bit more leverage if we need to move up and get somebody we really want (DL-OL)

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-02-2008, 05:12 PM
im pretty suprised and gotta think theres something up the steelers sleeve. were awfully thin in the line to trade and not replace him. anyways, we get an additional pick next year to go with the faneca supplimental, and a bit more leverage if we need to move up and get somebody we really want (DL-OL)

Tony, we got tons of linemen for depth. I think that is why they made the move. Hartwig is a better C and Stapleton is a good young prospect. Couple that with Kemo, Simmons, Essex and maybe even Parquet inside....its OK.

Next season expect to see Colon and Hills battling it out at RT and hopefully a veteran LT to watch Ben's back.

SteelMember
09-02-2008, 05:16 PM

I hope so. Normally, I would think they just re-sign one of their Sat cuts like Legursky or Lentz to fill the gap for interior linemen.

Aren't the supplemental picks weighed against FA's lost to FA's signed? If thats the case, we may not qualify if you count Hartwig, Moore and Fox.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-02-2008, 05:17 PM
I think by the reaction on the Buc's board.....they must have been reading how Mahan was getting "scapegoated" here.... ;)

-"Oh god not him again....."

-"Mahan was manhandled as a guard, but is a pretty good center to back up Faine."

-"I can't believe Buenning regressed so much that we're getting rid of him in favor of Sean Mahan. The Steelers overpaid for Mahan in the first place, that's how they got him. Now we got his contract too I guess. Ack."

-"4 mil a year for Mahan is too much, I really don't like having him back but it's not the end of the world I guess."

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=163292

Preacher
09-02-2008, 05:20 PM

Yep...

I wonder who it will be this year?

stillers4me
09-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Yep...

Willie Parker :chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
09-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Wonder if the Steelers eat part of Mahan's salary?

Worst FA signing since the infamous Donnell Woolford was brought in to replace Woodson at CB in 1997.

Atlanta Dan
09-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Yep...

Arians!!!

This year and every year.:thumbsup:

In addition to being responsible for global warming, i hear Arians is behind the rumors attacking Governor Palin and her family

SteelerFanInCA
09-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Wow, the NFL is a game of musical chairs.

He's Tampa's problem again.

OX1947
09-02-2008, 05:39 PM

Worst FA signing since the infamous Donnell Woolford was brought in to replace Woodson at CB in 1997.

I thought it was Alvoid Mays

fansince'76
09-02-2008, 05:40 PM

Duce Staley, anyone? At least Mahan actually played. Granted very poorly, but he at least played.

Steelman16
09-02-2008, 05:41 PM
The Steelers made a trade! The Steelers made a trade! The Steelers made a trade!

:chuckle:

Bye Sean, I won't miss ya. Have fun in Tampa. :wave:

dunkuntou
09-02-2008, 05:54 PM

Well they get with the rest of his bonus this year

pittsburghp8baller
09-02-2008, 05:56 PM
some1 told me it was a seventh round pick didnt say if it was conditonal pick or not

Elvis
09-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Now that someone has brought up Duce Staley, just remember, till he got hurt he was off to a great start for the Steelers guys/gals. Be honest with yourselves cuz its the truth. I loved what I saw of Duce the first games he played in a Steelers uniform.
As far as who they will sign to take his place? I would also think that it will be someone they just put on the practice squad or released.. it is a very big suprise to me that we traded him though.
:tt02:

fansince'76
09-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Now that someone has brought up Duce Staley, just remember, till he got hurt he was off to a great start for the Steelers guys/gals. Be honest with yourselves cuz its the truth. I loved what I saw of Duce the first games he played in a Steelers uniform.

Agreed. But 1/2 a season didn't justify paying him almost $3 mil a year for another 2½ seasons afterwards to be nothing more than an overweight sideline sweatsuit model.

Elvis
09-02-2008, 06:07 PM
I tottally agree fansince... no doubt about that!

Hey guys/gals they are running across the screen on ESPNNews that is definitely a 7th round pick in exchange for Mahan
:coffee:

stillers4me
09-02-2008, 06:09 PM
I tottally agree fansince... no doubt about that!

Hey guys/gals they are running across the screen on ESPNNews that is definitely a 7th round pick in exchange for Mahan
:coffee:

7th round? I'm impressed. NOT. :coffee:

fansince'76
09-02-2008, 06:11 PM

Better than nothing - I'm surprised we could get more than a six pack of beer for him at this point, especially if the rumors of him being unhappy about losing the starting C job and privately demanding a trade were true.

ajs8207
09-02-2008, 06:11 PM

I'm surprised we got anything for him. We got rid of his salary and a potential problem in the locker room.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-02-2008, 06:20 PM

What did you expect the Steelers to get for Sean Mahan?.....I'm glad the Steelers received something for his butt...lol He wasn't a good fit here and this move makes sense for both parties.....

I know the Mods are happy he is gone since there will be no more Sean Mahan sucks threads.....:sofunny:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Duce Staley, anyone? At least Mahan actually played. Granted very poorly, but he at least played.

Yeah, I think Todd Fordham was more of an O-line bust. He never played and I think lost the job he was signed for, to Oliver Ross.

Simon.....Theodore????........ALVOID!!!!! (Mays). Man I loved that name almost as much as Martin Me-hew!!

OneForTheToe
09-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Arians!!!

This year and every year.:thumbsup:

In addition to being responsible for global warming, i hear Arians is behind the rumors attacking Governor Palin and her family

Plus he is a Russian operative code named Gustav,. Coincidence? I think not.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-02-2008, 06:25 PM
I know the Mods are happy he is gone since there will be no more Sean Mahan sucks threads.....:sofunny:

Yes, those have been moved to the Tampa Bay site. :chuckle:

The Duke
09-02-2008, 06:27 PM
so...what's the cap situation now? IIRC mahan had a big contract so this should help

OneForTheToe
09-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Yes, those have been moved to the Tampa Bay site. :chuckle:

Or if someone starts one in the NFL section. Now who would do something like that?
Hmmmm ... Preac .... naaaaa.:chuckle::wink02:

Atlanta Dan
09-02-2008, 06:36 PM

Duce played well until he got hurt in late October of his first year and ran well with Ben, Bettis & Parker hurt in a win at Green Bay in 2005 - not much but it was something

Mahan was a bust from virtually day one & Woolford was benched midway through his only year with the Steelers

tyler289
09-02-2008, 06:36 PM
I wonder if those rumors of Mahan's poor attitude are true, or if we just wanted to get rid of him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-02-2008, 06:38 PM
so...what's the cap situation now? IIRC mahan had a big contract so this should help

Yeah, anybody know if this accelerates some cap value for the signing bonus, or is that still spread out over the duration of his contract??

Any capologists out there??

Edman
09-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Tampa fans aren't very happy having him back, and obviously the coaches didn't like what they saw from him to let him go to us in the first place. So much for being a Steelers scapegoat. And we gave him up for peanuts basically.

Oh well, he's their problem now. Bye Bye Sean! :wave:

fansince'76
09-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Tampa fans aren't very happy having him back, so much for being a Steelers scapegoat.

Not saying Mahan didn't suck, but he was a lightning rod for the poor performance of the entire OL last year, including a certain former LG who despite going to the last 2 Pro Bowls, hadn't actually earned the trip since at least '05. If Ben takes 3-4 sacks (or God forbid even more) this coming Sunday, I just wonder who it's gonna get blamed on.

stillers4me
09-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Not saying Mahan didn't suck, but he was a lightning rod for the poor performance of the entire OL last year, including a certain former LG who despite going to the last 2 Pro Bowls, hadn't actually earned the trip since at least '05. If Ben takes 3-4 sacks (or God forbid even more) this coming Sunday, I just wonder who it's gonna get blamed on.

Ben, of course! He just hangs on to the ball too derned long! :wink02:

The Duke
09-02-2008, 06:50 PM

I'll be pointing at willie :chuckle:

stillers4me
09-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Better than nothing - I'm surprised we could get more than a six pack of beer for him at this point, especially if the rumors of him being unhappy about losing the starting C job and privately demanding a trade were true.

True. An extra person for the practice squad is never a bad thing. :chuckle:

Edman
09-02-2008, 07:09 PM

Kendall Simmons, Willie Colon, Ben Roeth( He holds the ball too long!), Bruce Arians. Plenty of more blame to go around.

And while we're at it, let's blame Willie Parker! He's too small to be a Steelers RB and he's not very good (Conjuring up the ghost of Providence Steel):chuckle:.

VTsteel
09-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Yep...

No one - Because the Steelers are gonna win the Superbowl! :tt:

fansince'76
09-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Kendall Simmons, Willie Colon, Ben Roeth( He holds the ball too long!), Bruce Arians. Plenty of more blame to go around.

And while we're at it, let's blame Willie Parker! He's too small to be a Steelers RB and he's not very good (Conjuring up the ghost of Providence Steel):chuckle:.

You won't have Sean Mahan to kick around any more!

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/oliphant/th7260.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

xfl2001fan
09-02-2008, 07:30 PM
If Ben takes 3-4 sacks (or God forbid even more) this coming Sunday, I just wonder who it's gonna get blamed on.

John Kuhn?

millwalldavey
09-02-2008, 07:31 PM
No one - Because the Steelers are gonna win the Superbowl! :tt:

Simply wonderful.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-02-2008, 07:44 PM
See this thread cracks me up....Already the mods are dreading if Ben is sacked 4-5 times and the responses after the game....

But I thought that was the purpose of a Steelers or football in general message board to discuss the game.....I like to vent after a game good or bad.....I spend much emotion during a Steelers game and having a message board to vent is nice...My friends are all Bears and Colts fans....They could careless about the Steelers and my venting...lol

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-02-2008, 07:44 PM
John Kuhn?

Blasphemy!! Kuhn invented the internet and the process we now know as "fermentation". :drink:

Arians on the other hand I think was responsible for that Hurricane in the Gulf the past week :chuckle:

tony hipchest
09-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Yeah, anybody know if this accelerates some cap value for the signing bonus, or is that still spread out over the duration of his contract??

Any capologists out there??http://steelersalarycap.com/ this is the best site i have found. it is currently under reconstruction but this years cap is up.

mahan signed 5 year, 17mil deal with 4 mil signing bonus. knock that down to about 12 mil over 4 years (i assume he made league minimum last year + his bonus.)

his cap value this year was 2.9 mil. i would say 1 mill goes towards his bonus and the remaining 1.9 is his base salary leaving about 3 mil next year that will be amortized as dead money and count against our cap.

im doing this quickly off the top of my head so i could be off by half a mil here or there.

xfl2001fan
09-02-2008, 08:04 PM
Blasphemy!! Kuhn invented the internet and the process we now know as "fermentation". :drink:

Arians on the other hand I think was responsible for that Hurricane in the Gulf the past week :chuckle:

Damn, forgot about Arians. I was thinking Kuhn would be blamed because he wasn't around.

Stlrs4Life
09-02-2008, 08:07 PM
We got a 6th round draft pick for him in 2009. According to my KDKA Text message.

OneForTheToe
09-02-2008, 08:14 PM
http://steelersalarycap.com/ this is the best site i have found. it is currently under reconstruction but this years cap is up.

mahan signed 5 year, 17mil deal with 4 mil signing bonus. knock that down to about 12 mil over 4 years (i assume he made league minimum last year + his bonus.)

his cap value this year was 2.9 mil. i would say 1 mill goes towards his bonus and the remaining 1.9 is his base salary leaving about 3 mil next year that will be amortized as dead money and count against our cap.

im doing this quickly off the top of my head so i could be off by half a mil here or there.

What's a half million among friends.:tt02:

So, if i am reading you right we save 1.9 million in cap space?

tony hipchest
09-02-2008, 08:26 PM
What's a half million among friends.:tt02:

So, if i am reading you right we save 1.9 million in cap space?yep. im almost certain his 4 mil bonus was spread out over the next 4 years (including this 1) it will suck to take that 3 mil hit next year but we did it with staley last year and are eating about 2 mil this year (500K for wilson and 300K for okolbi). you can almost say it is already budgeted in.

St33lersguy
09-02-2008, 08:33 PM
:applaudit: He's back to being Tampa's problem although they will probably list him at guard.

bye bye Mahan, not gonna miss ya

:applaudit:

msafford
09-02-2008, 08:33 PM
yep. im almost certain his 4 mil bonus was spread out over the next 4 years (including this 1. it will suck to take that 3 mil hit next year but we did it with staley last year and are eating about 2 mil this year (500K for wilson and 300K for okolbi). you can almost say it is already budgeted in.

I'm sure I'll sound like a giant retard, but I thought that pending a physical, the contract of the traded player becomes the other team's responsibility. I thought we only ate the contract if we actually cut the person. I could very well be mistaken. I'm a music teacher after all.

Preacher
09-02-2008, 08:40 PM
We got a 6th round draft pick for him in 2009. According to my KDKA Text message.

Hmmm...

Trade a 4th and a 6th for a third? and then two thirds for a high second... or a 1st and a third for a high first to get a OL next year (though that would probably need some more sweetening)?

HometownGal
09-02-2008, 08:50 PM

A-freakin-MEN! :thumbsup:

Wonder who will be anointed the scapegoat this season? My money's on Hartwig.

Cya Sean - good luck to ya! :drink:

Edman
09-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Last year, when we lost to the Cardinals, There was a thread asking if Ben is the long term answer at QB. Remember it vividly. And let's not forget the proverbial "Fire Tomlin" threads.

Makes me thankful that the Rooneys and not the message board experts are running the team. If they were, Ben would be benched extensively and the Steelers would be on their 3rd head coach...in five years. I honestly believe that with the incredible knee-jerk reactions I've read these past few years.

Oh well, I'm preparing for the worst if the Steelers lose to the Texans(They won't).

dunkuntou
09-02-2008, 09:25 PM
yep. im almost certain his 4 mil bonus was spread out over the next 4 years (including this 1) it will suck to take that 3 mil hit next year but we did it with staley last year and are eating about 2 mil this year (500K for wilson and 300K for okolbi). you can almost say it is already budgeted in.

We get no cap relief...His cap hit this year would have been $2.98 million but because he is traded we are not responsible for his remaining contract but his signing bonus accelerates and the remainder is counted against this years cap which would be $3 million

SteelFist
09-02-2008, 11:14 PM
I was shocked when I heard this. But WOW!! How about the Steelers making some moves the past three years just before the start of the season. I think free agency begins Sept 1st for this F.O. First Davenport, then Allen Rossum and now this. And I don't care if it is a 7th round pick as long as we get something for him.

We should be getting a comp pick for Faneca this year as well, and it should be nothing less than a 3rd rounder.

lilyoder6
09-02-2008, 11:51 PM
i agree that the contract would carry over w/ mahan except 4 the signing bonus.. but either it's a 6th "kdka" or a 7th it' still a good deal as we free up much cap space, and open up a roster spot.. mabe mundy is coming back?!?!?!?

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-03-2008, 12:04 AM
We are pretty tight with the cap then, so not much room to really bring in anybody worth much. Maybe they sign a #3 TE like Sherrod to the active roster.

Its just a good move as they were keeping 1 more O-lineman than needed and were gonna likely pay a backup C over $2million when Stapleton can backup for much less.

tony hipchest
09-03-2008, 12:30 AM
We get no cap relief...His cap hit this year would have been $2.98 million but because he is traded we are not responsible for his remaining contract but his signing bonus accelerates and the remainder is counted against this years cap which would be $3 millionnow im no expert by any means so please dont quote me. if what you say were true, we would not only be on the hook for his salary this year (1.9 mil + 1 mil pro rated portion of his signing bounus) = 2.9 mil PLUS we would still be on the hook for the remainding 3 million of his signing bonus bringing the grand total of his salary cap hit for this season to a whopping 5.9 mil.

im pretty sure the league isnt set up that way when it comes to cutting players, which is why teams dead money is amortized. if i am wrong we can expect to see more players cut to get under the cap for the cost of cutting mahan and getting back under the cap.

being that the steelers dont play that way and are not that fiscally irresponsible, i think i am correct. im 98% certain the caphit of his signing bonus can be spread out the final 2 years. thats exactly how it played out with duce staley (i remember having this same conversation in regards to him 2 years ago)

rbryan
09-03-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm just happy to see the FO make a move to get rid of someone who doesn't want to be here. IMO the Stillers have been too set in thier ways to acknowledge the fact that there's a lot of talent available after the cut down date. Maybe next year we will actually sign someone instead of just cutting some dead weight. Yeah I said it, Mahan was dead weight.

OneForTheToe
09-03-2008, 12:54 AM
We are pretty tight with the cap then, so not much room to really bring in anybody worth much. Maybe they sign a #3 TE like Sherrod to the active roster.

Its just a good move as they were keeping 1 more O-lineman than needed and were gonna likely pay a backup C over $2million when Stapleton can backup for much less.

I agree. It is just too bad we coudn't find a back-up OT for less than 7 million.:doh:

verks36
09-03-2008, 01:09 AM
I think by the reaction on the Buc's board.....they must have been reading how Mahan was getting "scapegoated" here.... ;)

-"Oh god not him again....."

-"Mahan was manhandled as a guard, but is a pretty good center to back up Faine."

-"I can't believe Buenning regressed so much that we're getting rid of him in favor of Sean Mahan. The Steelers overpaid for Mahan in the first place, that's how they got him. Now we got his contract too I guess. Ack."

-"4 mil a year for Mahan is too much, I really don't like having him back but it's not the end of the world I guess."

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=163292

lol they sound really exicted

verks36
09-03-2008, 01:17 AM

hahahaah

the question is when will the steelers find a center who will be able to replace jeff hartings who had the center on lock for so many years.
My predication is that as much as I hope he would Hartwig will not come through and we are going to have to spend either a 1rst round pick in this year or next year for a solid center

just my 2 cents

Steelman16
09-03-2008, 01:58 AM
From Bucs boards: That is some heavy duty coin for a back up. This is not
to be considered a "Tiger Woods" type deal.

Totally agree Mr. Bucs Fan. That's why we sent him back to y'all.

Galax Steeler
09-03-2008, 04:52 AM
I am finally glad to see him gone now lets draft us some lineman on both sides of the ball next year.

Aussie_steeler
09-03-2008, 06:46 AM
Good move for all concerned.

I see no point in keeping a disgruntled player around who has the potential to be a problem in the locker room.

Mahan also gets the chance to be productive somewhere else.

This IMO is a win-win situation for both parties.

When all is said and done Mahan will be able to brag to his grand children that he was once a Pittsburgh Steeler(unless he foolishly brags to them about being a Buccaneer first)

DACEB
09-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Goodbye Mahan, you sucked while you played for us. Plain and simple.

I'm just glad this didn't take another year to happen, good move no matter the draft pick. Too much money for that type of play.

I find it slightly disturbing that some are anticipating poor play by the O-line to justify to themselves and others that Mahan wasn't as bad as WE ALL SAW WITH OUR OWN EYES. I'm anticipating the line will play better and better as the season roles on, something you couldn't say about last season.

X-Terminator
09-03-2008, 08:43 AM
Goodbye Mahan, you sucked while you played for us. Plain and simple.

I'm just glad this didn't take another year to happen, good move no matter the draft pick. Too much money for that type of play.

I find it slightly disturbing that some are anticipating poor play by the O-line to justify to themselves and others that Mahan wasn't as bad as WE ALL SAW WITH OUR OWN EYES. I'm anticipating the line will play better and better as the season roles on, something you couldn't say about last season.

Don't think anyone is anticipating poor OL play to defend Mahan. They're predicting poor OL play because they're not very good as a unit, and suffer from a lack of talent and depth. That was something that also wasn't said much last season, because they were all too busy blaming Mahan for all of the OL's problems.

Dino 6 Rings
09-03-2008, 09:52 AM
If he was unhappy with losing his starting job at center, then the last thing I want is another unhappy player on our O-line. We had that last year and 47 sacks later, it showed. Lets play with the guys that want to be on our team and are Good Enough to make the starting job.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-03-2008, 10:17 AM
lol they sound really exicted
Some of the Bucs fans think like I do that its a good move for a guy that can play G or C to fill in for all the injuries they have. Others, like these 2 posters, think differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alstottbucs4055
I COULDN'T BELIEVE THIS NEWS WHEN I SAW IT ON THE FRONT PAGE!!!!!

Sean Mahan, IMO, has been the worst sight to see on the O-Line in the past 5 years. I cannot believe we brought him back. He is terrible. I watched around 4-5 games of the Steelers this year because I was so surprised to see he made starter at center for them. And I wasn't surprised at all to see how terrible he still is.

I too was shocked that we actually brought this bum back. He is useless and will be a liability if he plays. If the Steelers and their horrendous offensive line don't want him, why should we?

http://bbs.buccaneers.com/showthread.php?t=163292&page=2

SteelMember
09-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Good move for all concerned.

I see no point in keeping a disgruntled player around who has the potential to be a problem in the locker room.

Mahan also gets the chance to be productive somewhere else.

This IMO is a win-win situation for both parties.

When all is said and done Mahan will be able to brag to his grand children that he was once a Pittsburgh Steeler(unless he foolishly brags to them about being a Buccaneer first)

I totally agree with this statement. History shows that any player that shows he dosen't want to be on the team, usually ends up gone one way or the other. What has not been answered is why he would rather be a backup for the Bucs instead of the Steelers. Did his wittle feelwins git hwort? I guess Tampa can buy his pullups now.

DACEB
09-03-2008, 02:29 PM
I guess Tampa can buy his pullups now.

Pullups for the bum....:chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
09-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Pullups for the bum....:chuckle:
ZZZZZZZZZING!!!!....:toofunny: NICE!!!!

ChronoCross
09-05-2008, 01:54 AM
personally the best part of the whole trade besides giving him away is the part were they showed him what he was worth, nothing more then a 7th round pick.. I bet he is thinking in his head they really did not think much of him here in black and gold land.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-05-2008, 10:04 AM
personally the best part of the whole trade besides giving him away is the part were they showed him what he was worth, nothing more then a 7th round pick.. I bet he is thinking in his head they really did not think much of him here in black and gold land.

Not really true.

The Bucs weren't gonna take Mahan with his salary off our hands and give us a 3rd rounder for him.

If it were based on a players value, I am sure somebody would give us a 4th rounder for Max Starks in a heartbeat.....they just dont want that $6.9million salary that comes with him.

Steely McSmash
09-05-2008, 12:33 PM
What I read is we may dump Mahan's salary on th eBucs for this season and assume the 1 mil cap hit and take the rest of his bonus (2mil)hit next year.

More or less, specifically we get $800k this year and $2.4Mil next year.

The 4 Mil bonus is spread over 5 years so we're looking at $800k/yr in general.

STEELtownHAVOX
09-05-2008, 02:15 PM
18 - 1 + * = frauds.

Off topic, but I saw a license plate in Maryland that said "17 n 0"

He was a Dolphins fan, I laughed cause the Pats trademarked the "19 n 0", then of course not putting the money where there mouth is. bundle of sticks

:helmet::helmet::tt02::tt02::tt::tt::tt03::tt03:

Haiku_Dirtt
09-05-2008, 08:16 PM
No reason we couldn't get a 4th for him. BUndle that with our 4th and move up to the high three... and pick 1, 2, 3, 3, would be quite nice.

heck, bundle 2, 3, 3, and get another 1 for two lineman? pick up a DL in FA... we would be sitting pretty.

Or trade all the picks for just one guy who can pass block. ONE. :doh:

Preacher
09-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Or trade all the picks for just one guy who can pass block. ONE. :doh:

:laughing:

Let's hope we can find more than one.

Havik
09-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Mahan is a bum. Good riddance.

HometownGal
09-07-2008, 09:13 AM
I think this thread has long run its course.

Closed.