PDA

View Full Version : By the way...

revefsreleets
09-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Joe Lieberman is speaking tonight at the GOP convention on behalf of his friend John McCain.

Get that? A former VP candidate for the opposition is a key speaker at the GOP convention. I think it should be required watching for all Americans.

And spin THAT, lefties! The best you could get was the Clinton's, and everybody knew they spat their words of endorsement out like skunked out beer.

tony hipchest
09-02-2008, 10:04 PM
im watching it and incase you easilly glossed over any of my prior posts, im on record as saying a mccain/lieberman ticket would be hard not to vote for.

just like you liked mccain in 2000, i liked lieberman.

picking palin over him makes me seriously question mccains judgement.

theres a point at the end of liebermans speech that unfortunately rings hollow.

he pleaded to independents, regan democrats, clintion democrats, etc. to not vote for what was best for party, but to vote for what was best for country.

too bad mccain couldnt do the same when selecting a veep.

btw, i love you and llt's "spin" angle. set up a statement so that anyone on the left who responds is predisposed as spin.

:yawn: weak.

if it didnt serve your purpose, id think you would call liebs a flip flopper. did you hate (oops. hate is a strong word) him when he was gores veep. i mean did you think he was full of lib bs?

i cant wait to see the right all over his nutsack tomorrow cause he may have bought mccain a few thousand votes.

revefsreleets
09-02-2008, 10:05 PM
But he did...

Black@Gold Forever32
09-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Lieberman should just join Republican party anyways...lol

Atlanta Dan
09-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Joe Lieberman is speaking tonight at the GOP convention on behalf of his friend John McCain.

Get that? A former VP candidate for the opposition is a key speaker at the GOP convention. I think it should be required watching for all Americans.

And spin THAT, lefties! The best you could get was the Clinton's, and everybody knew they spat their words of endorsement out like skunked out beer.

Too bad McCain couldn't pick him as Veep because he is not sufficiently opposed to abortion

tony hipchest
09-02-2008, 10:20 PM
how bout when he compared mccain to clinton? :laughing:

that went over with very little applause.

revefsreleets
09-02-2008, 10:21 PM
There a couple other issues too...

tony hipchest
09-02-2008, 10:35 PM
There a couple other issues too...
you mean like the party sending him up the river and him losing in a landslide? yeah, all the "do whats best for country" rhetoric was sweet. lieberman was used, and thats about it.

mccain coulda put together a groundbreaking, revolutionary ticket. but the balls were chopped off by his own party. theres no way the right woulda backed him even if it woulda been the best thing for this country.

thats why i dont put any credence into all the greatness that is mccain "reaching across the aisle. he has shown he will ultimately step into line and sing the party line. or whatever it takes to get elected.

this is why discussing the actual issues doesnt really matter. its all a popularity contest and it is us who suffers. but it is what it is. i'll take our "american idol" system over any other (i guess).

Preacher
09-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Tony...

I am wondering...

Obama could have put together a ground-breaking ticket as well. There are some GOP who are opposed to the war that could have been chosen by Obama.

Why is it incumbent upon McCain to do so, but not Obama?

Preacher
09-02-2008, 10:52 PM
i

if it didnt serve your purpose, id think you would call liebs a flip flopper. did you hate (oops. hate is a strong word) him when he was gores veep. i mean did you think he was full of lib bs?

Though this wasn't directed towards me....

Actually,

I was very upset that in that election cycle, the best candidates on both sides were VP.

I have ALWAYS had a lot of respect for Lieberman. He is a little left for my taste, and the abortion issue sticks in my craw and won't allow me to vote for him. BUt I will say this much, if he ever DID become president, that is one man i would be PROUD to call my president.

I thougth that 8 years ago too.

tony hipchest
09-02-2008, 10:58 PM
Tony...

I am wondering...

Obama could have put together a ground-breaking ticket as well. There are some GOP who are opposed to the war that could have been chosen by Obama.

Why is it incumbent upon McCain to do so, but not Obama?youre right. obama coulda selected richardson. im quite disappointed he didnt as i thought that would be great for the country (and party).

which is why i was so deadfast that my decision wouldnt be decided until atleast the veep selection of both candidates. (i feel its important while others think it makes no difference at all).

i will still have an open mind for the debates. BUT i can respect the fact that my fellow americans voted for the inexperienced obama, whereas, the inexperinced palin was simply selected by one man.

btw im not sure what war you are talking about being chosen by obama. :hunch:

tony hipchest
09-02-2008, 11:05 PM
FWIW president george bush also endorsed john mccain.

*blurb, blurb, blurb= sinking ship*

:wave: been nice knowin ya john!

:laughing:

Preacher
09-02-2008, 11:06 PM
youre right. obama coulda selected richardson. im quite disappointed he didnt as i thought that would be great for the country (and party).

which is why i was so deadfast that my decision wouldnt be decided until atleast the veep selection of both candidates. (i feel its important while others think it makes no difference at all).

i will still have an open mind for the debates. BUT i can respect the fact that my fellow americans voted for the inexperienced obama, whereas, the inexperinced palin was simply selected by one man.

btw im not sure what war you are talking about being chosen by obama. :hunch:

Hey Tony....

You;re the last person I thought would whip this out....

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/RxRenesis8/Grammar-Police.png

:toofunny:

And no, Richardson is a DEM.

I am talking about reaching ACROSS the ISLE and picking a republican.

Seems many expected McCain to do that... but doesn't the onus fall just as much on Obama?

BTW, One man picked Biden. He wasn't vetted by the public either.

tony hipchest
09-02-2008, 11:59 PM
You;re http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/RxRenesis8/Grammar-Police.png

say what?

oh :doh: i get it now (although a comma between "war" and "that" woulda helped).

just for that, i am gonna start correcting you on punctuation and capitalization.

for what its worth, i cannot use the shift keys on my keyboard as i lost use of my pinkies in the "war on drugs".

i gots me some thumbs tough. :thumbsup:

Preacher
09-03-2008, 12:01 AM
say what?

oh :doh: i get it now (although a comma between "war" and "that" woulda helped).

just for that, i am gonna start correcting you on punctuation and capitalization.

for what its worth, i cannot use the shift keys on my keyboard as i lost use of my pinkies in the "war on drugs".

i gots me some thumbs tough. :thumbsup:

:rofl::rofl:

Maybe you and I should run for president on opposite tickets....

Lord knows it would be a fun debate!!!

half the country wouldn't know when we were serious and when we weren't!

the other half -- would be wrong!

revefsreleets
09-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Lieberman speaking on behalf of McCain was spectacular, just the kind of thing that these conventions are all about.

Again, the best thing thing Obama pulled off was the Clinton's. Even Kerry had his Swift Boat buddies up there, which showed some panache. Obama just served up some PB&J...

tony hipchest
09-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Lieberman speaking on behalf of McCain was spectacular, just the kind of thing that these conventions are all about.

Again, the best thing thing Obama pulled off was the Clinton's. Even Kerry had his Swift Boat buddies up there, which showed some panache. Obama just served up some PB&J...liebs was good.

but actually, the best thing obama pulled off was his own speech.

"8 is enough" -brilliant! :chuckle:

i cant wait to see mccain give it a go. oh thats right, i wont be watching.

tomorrow is kickoff of the 2008 NFL season baby!!!!! :tt03:

who's the genius in the mccain camp who made that scheduling blunder? i wonder what the biggest city and media capitol of the world (and home of the SB champion giants) will be tuning into? :laughing:

revefsreleets
09-03-2008, 09:30 AM
That's why God invented PIP...

tony hipchest
09-03-2008, 09:40 AM
That's why God invented PIP...noooo, thats why God invented people with half a brain who would avoid such a MAJOR scheduling blunder.

not impressed with the mccain camp at all. i thought the man deserved better. as far as mccains speech vs obama's, he's not the greatest orator (and im thinking his speech will be prepared for him). advantage- obama

if it comes down to PIP i may just listen to madden and watch mccain. advantage- push. :chuckle:

Atlanta Dan
09-03-2008, 10:29 AM
liebs was good.

but actually, the best thing obama pulled off was his own speech.

"8 is enough" -brilliant! :chuckle:

i cant wait to see mccain give it a go. oh thats right, i wont be watching.

tomorrow is kickoff of the 2008 NFL season baby!!!!! :tt03:

who's the genius in the mccain camp who made that scheduling blunder? i wonder what the biggest city and media capitol of the world (and home of the SB champion giants) will be tuning into? :laughing:

Nobody wanted to have their convention before the Olympics so the GOP got Labor Day week.

They moved kickoff up to 7 pm to hopefully get the game off by 10. The theory is that McCain may benefit with a big lead in viewership from the game since viewers will be too drunk or lazy to change the channel when the game concludes.

If they had an over-under on game lengths I would bet the mortgage this game gets played in less than 3 hours.

Hammer67
09-03-2008, 10:34 AM
noooo, thats why God invented people with half a brain who would avoid such a MAJOR scheduling blunder.

not impressed with the mccain camp at all. i thought the man deserved better. as far as mccains speech vs obama's, he's not the greatest orator (and im thinking his speech will be prepared for him). advantage- obama

if it comes down to PIP i may just listen to madden and watch mccain. advantage- push. :chuckle:

Wasn't Obama's speech also prepared for him???

Besides...after younger Bushie, McCain will seem like JFK when it comes to oratating...

tony hipchest
09-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Nobody wanted to have their convention before the Olympics so the GOP got Labor Day week.

They moved kickoff up to 7 pm to hopefully get the game off by 10. The theory is that McCain may benefit with a big lead in viewership from the game since viewers will be too drunk or lazy to change the channel when the game concludes.

If they had an over-under on game lengths I would bet the mortgage this game gets played in less than 3 hours.:chuckle: that makes more sense.

i should a figured republican rodger " rooney hater" goodell would move the game to accompany the convention.

thats good though cause i really dont wanna miss either and wanna give my undivided attention to both.

thanks though Nodeall. tomorrow is my girls 1st soccer practice and i will now miss the 1st hour of the game :dang:

tony hipchest
09-03-2008, 09:14 PM
all these convention keynote speakers are all people i would much rather see in office w/mccain than palin, and just to show im not sexist, i would much prefer condi rice as veep (or commissioner of the nfl).

but them constantly trying to highlight his military service and sacrifice for the nation is extremely redundant and :yawn: :coffee:.

everybody knows this and it is not even in dispute.

(im so glad guliani didnt win the nomination)

HometownGal
09-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Wasn't Obama's speech also prepared for him???

Yep. He got it off a Fruit Loops box. :chuckle:

I, too, like Joe Lieberman but like others here, I don't like his stance on abortion so I couldn't support him in good conscience.

tony hipchest
09-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Yep. He got it off a Fruit Loops box. :chuckle:

."silly rabbit, trix are for kids". :chuckle:

better than off a box of Geritol though, right? :wink02: