PDA

View Full Version : Steelers stupid avatar

SteelersMongol
09-03-2008, 08:42 AM
My friends been asking me 2 join hi5.com lately, so I decided to sign up. To my surprise there were quite many Steelers fan groups, and many in Spanish language groups though. Then I saw this really stupid Steelers avatar. :doh: I thought U guys should C 4 yourselves.

stlrtruck
09-03-2008, 09:37 AM
WARNING WARNING WARNING

I clicked on the link and after I saw the picture of Bin Laden with a black towel around his head with a steelers emblem on it, I closed the link and then hundreds of blank internet screens started to pop up.

I had to shut my computer down in order to get it to stop.

nojobny
09-03-2008, 09:48 AM
if that warning is true sounds like this thread needs to be closed.

CantStop85
09-03-2008, 10:37 AM
WARNING WARNING WARNING

I clicked on the link and after I saw the picture of Bin Laden with a black towel around his head with a steelers emblem on it, I closed the link and then hundreds of blank internet screens started to pop up.

Nothing happened to me...maybe it's just Steelers fans. :chuckle:

fansince'76
09-03-2008, 11:11 AM
WARNING WARNING WARNING

Nothing happened on my end either, and I'm at work behind a pretty restrictive firewall and Websense rules - if there was an invisible redirect within the site code to a malicious URL, I'm highly confident it would have been blocked from here. You may want to run a full antivirus and spyware scan on your PC.

Hammer67
09-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Can anyone say....Spybot - Search and Destroy????

klick81
09-03-2008, 11:51 AM
No malicious link, but I still suggest not even looking at that avatar. Just stupid.

RunWillieRun
09-03-2008, 04:22 PM
WARNING WARNING WARNING

Yes, The exact same thing happened to me. Don't know what the hell it was. I had to do a force shut down and when I rebooted and scaned with adware/spybot/antivirus nothing was found.

fansince'76
09-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes, The exact same thing happened to me. Don't know what the hell it was. I had to do a force shut down and when I rebooted and scaned with adware/spybot/antivirus nothing was found.

In that case, it's probably something with that site, and I'm removing the link and closing the thread to be safe. Sorry, 'Mongol.