PDA

View Full Version : New trick play! Maybe Ben could try it!!!

crcsnail
09-03-2008, 01:47 PM
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1769273

klick81
09-03-2008, 02:25 PM
LOL...funny and legal, but dirty in my book. Something for maybe the Cheatriots to try out!

steelersfanman92
09-03-2008, 03:11 PM
My team had that happen to us in a scrimmage last year but our coaches saw and and had a saftey come over and takle him 10 yrds down field

steelwall
09-03-2008, 03:40 PM
That is dirty, I bet the other coach was highly PO'ed.

fansince'76
09-03-2008, 09:42 PM
If I'm the ref, that play's coming back and the team in blue is being charged a timeout for an "equipment problem." The kid was heading over towards the sideline apparently complaining about a problem with the ball - you can even hear the kid's coach yelling "bring it here" - that's a stoppage of play in my book.

lilyoder6
09-03-2008, 09:49 PM
i think it's a good "trick" play.. whats so dif when we had ben or tommy come to the sideline and the y would direct snap it??

Carolina Steelers
09-03-2008, 10:34 PM
I do like this trick play, but only in high school or above were the defense knows what going on those kids on defense didnt even have a clue. I referee youth football and adult football (Marines). If this stunt was pulled in youth with the QB walking to sideline complaining about the ball I would have called for a stoppage in play! I know its legal but at that age its about sportsmanship, when a team gets up by 21 or more and I feel that they are still trying to score there will be a hold on every play till the coach gets the hint. (Youth Only)

Big7BenHOF
09-03-2008, 10:42 PM
I do like this trick play, but only in high school or above were the defense knows what going on those kids on defense didnt even have a clue. I referee youth football and adult football (Marines). If this stunt was pulled in youth with the QB walking to sideline complaining about the ball I would have called for a stoppage in play! I know its legal but at that age its about sportsmanship, when a team gets up by 21 or more and I feel that they are still trying to score there will be a hold on every play till the coach gets the hint. (Youth Only)

Well, for you guys who are saying they would have called a stoppage in play, it's completely legal. But the catch is, the coach has to tell the refs before the game that they'll be running that play.

fansince'76
09-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Well, for you guys who are saying they would have called a stoppage in play, it's completely legal.

Like CS said, when it comes to a pee wee game, it's more about sportsmanship than whether it's legal or not. Of course, sportsmanship in youth leagues (not to mention pretty much every other level of athletics) went out the window a good 20 years ago now, so what's the use. Hell, if I were the ref in that situation and I called it back I'd probably be running the risk of getting shot nowadays.

Steelman16
09-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Like CS said, when it comes to a pee wee game, it's more about sportsmanship than whether it's legal or not. Of course, sportsmanship in youth leagues (not to mention pretty much every other level of athletics) went out the window a good 20 years ago now, so what's the use. Hell, if I were the ref in that situation and I called it back I'd probably be running the risk of getting shot nowadays.

No kidding! :coffee:

It's a high school trick play. You'll never see it in an NFL game. Though, maybe Dixon could manage it pretty well.... :wink02:

Galax Steeler
09-04-2008, 03:44 AM
That was funny but I don't see running it in pee wee football.

steelwall
09-04-2008, 08:56 AM
I agree it's about sportsmanship at that level. If that "play" was ran successfully in the NFL it would be highlight of the year, but at the NFL level most guys on D would never fall for it. That poor teams D had no clue what was happening, as they shouldnt have, heck their still learning basic rules at that age.

therocksteeler
09-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Too Cool!

stillers4me
09-24-2008, 07:39 PM
I bet the Bengals would fall for it........