PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Faneca

steeltheone
09-03-2008, 05:11 PM
You are a very rich captain of a shitty team!

The Duke
09-03-2008, 05:32 PM
so the jets make 2 new players captains, favre and faneca. let's see how it works out....

same guy who last year said it would be hard for him to be captain. money does change everything :thumbsup:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Aaaah, I hold no grudges. The guy was a great one from the day he was drafted from LSU....he got his SB ring and wanted to get paid.

He and his wife Julie were invovled in the team and community and I wish them good luck.

The fact is that Favre will more likely be the Favre of 2006 and suck, so they might go 8-8 or 9-7, but I dont expect much from the high priced Jets.

revefsreleets
09-03-2008, 05:37 PM
I think the Jets will be much improved. Why pick up Favre? Did you see who they had playing QB before they picked up Favre?

They ain't gonna win the Super Bowl or anything, but the Jets will be a LOT better this year than last.

steelwall
09-03-2008, 05:37 PM
so the jets make 2 new players captains, favre and faneca. let's see how it works out....

same guy who last year said it would be hard for him to be captain. money does change everything :thumbsup:

Good captains... I guess we could say F them.:flap:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Doesn't this belong in the NFL Football forum since Faneca is not a Pittsburgh Steeler?

Steeler in Carolina
09-03-2008, 06:14 PM
I agree good luck and just like Neil O'Donnell when he left the Steelers for the Jets, I hope you spend your money well, because the wins are not going to come.

fansince'76
09-03-2008, 11:41 PM
I question the wisdom of naming two of the newest members of a team captains of that team, no matter who they are. But then again, I'm not a NFL coach. Seems to me it could be bad for morale, especially if the team's season begins to go south. :noidea:

tony hipchest
09-03-2008, 11:54 PM
I question the wisdom of naming two of the newest members of a team captains of that team, no matter who they are. But then again, I'm not a NFL coach. Seems to me it could be bad for morale, especially if the team's season begins to go south. :noidea:eric mangina was named HC and faneca and favre have much more credibility than him.

it was a brilliant move by the players that voted. (i assume thats how they do it up there :hunch: ).

the patriots are the pissant patriot wanna be's of the league.

i commend favre and faneca for finally being able to control their own team. they deserve it (and have actually earned it w/o riding belichicks, cheating, and bradys coattails.

Galax Steeler
09-05-2008, 03:35 AM
They are better captains then what the jets had last year hope they do well.

bassbone57
09-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I think the Jets will be much improved. Why pick up Favre? Did you see who they had playing QB before they picked up Favre?

They ain't gonna win the Super Bowl or anything, but the Jets will be a LOT better this year than last.Just wait until Callahan runs their offense into the ground there also (re: Nebraska, Oakland).

-K