PDA

View Full Version : "A Star is Born"

tony hipchest
09-03-2008, 10:28 PM
-wolf blitzer on cnn in regards to palins acceptance speech

i cant wait for all the uber-paranoid right wing whiners (who want the media to be state controlled) to try to spin this as typical lib press bias. :crying03:

Preacher
09-03-2008, 10:34 PM

i cant wait for all the uber-paranoid right wing whiners (who want the media to be state controlled) to try to spin this as typical lib press bias. :crying03:

Don't know ... I have it taped as I had to teach tonight...

though what he probalby means is that a star is like a shooting star... flairs brightly and then sizzles out.

And it isn't really a shooting star, it is an asteroid part falling into the earths atmosphere.... and thus damaging the ozone and creating global warming. And what is that shooting bit he was hinting at by saying a star is born??? We all know by him meaning a shooting star, he was, by double dip twist super secret terminology meaning that she is an evil gun toting woman!!

The press is a lib bias machine.

stillers4me
09-03-2008, 10:37 PM
The lady was impressive. If she delivers to the American people as well as she delivers a speech, Hillary better start worrying about her chances in '12.

And maybe that's what's got the Dems panties all up in a wad. :chuckle:

tony hipchest
09-03-2008, 10:42 PM
And maybe that's what's got the Dems panties all up in a wad. :chuckle::coffee: ...or maybe they just had mexican food the night before. :yawn:

tony hipchest
09-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Don't know ... I have it taped as I had to teach tonight...

though what he probalby means is that a star is like a shooting star... flairs brightly and then sizzles out.

And it isn't really a shooting star, it is an asteroid part falling into the earths atmosphere.....great point. i wouldve NEVER thought of that.

great job by the clay masters and puppeteers though. unfortunately i didnt buy the whole "crinkle the nose at a point of emphasis" as if you were having an orgasm, bit.

ive seen that old trick everytime ive had sex. :wink02:

:flap:

tony hipchest
09-04-2008, 01:23 AM
:cookie::applaudit:MSNBC was pumping this at 5 this evening already. .:cookie::applaudit:

helps that palin is one hell of a "cookie". :applaudit: :usa: :rolleyes:

Preacher
09-04-2008, 02:01 AM
Actually...

Alaskan delegation was talking about the difference between her now and back in Alaska... they said that there was about 2 lines that didn't sound like her.

What I found real funny is that NBC had... just after her speach.. a shot "correcting the record."

I can only wonder if that happened after BIden's speach??

tony hipchest
09-04-2008, 02:27 AM
I can only wonder if that happened after BIden's speach??unless it is deflection, what does it matter? (please note that the tilte of the thread has absolutely nothing to do with biden)

Preacher
09-04-2008, 02:42 AM
unless it is deflection, what does it matter? (please note that the tilte of the thread has absolutely nothing to do with biden)

It matters in the sense that if there IS no liberal media bias... then Tom Brokaw would have made sure to point out a similar mistake or two in BIdens speach.

Now, if he felt it necessary to point it out here, but let it go there, that hints of a bias, which the first post here was hinting that there is no bias.

and no, the thread has nothing to do with BIden. It does however have a lot to do with bias as the end of the post showed.... thus, I asked a question about how the two VP's speaches were treated... equally or not.

That's all.

augustashark
09-04-2008, 02:43 AM

would hold some weight, but the left seems to think that the media has a right wing bias. Hard to take huh Tony, but wolf was right "a star was born" tonight. Love listening to the Libs ( oops sorry tony, I know that is a tender subject with you) they will stop at nothing to try and tear this lady down, but I think they will be fighting a losing cause.

revefsreleets
09-04-2008, 08:33 AM
So, is there some suggestion that the press is NOT biased towards the left?

Is anyone actually asserting that...seriously?

tony hipchest
09-04-2008, 09:43 AM
So, is there some suggestion that the press is NOT biased towards the left?

Is anyone actually asserting that...seriously?the right controls the majority of the money, the left controls the majority of the media. seems like fair balance to me.

this system is built on checks and balances, as much as the rich would like to keep that secret.

shhhhh....

MACH1
09-04-2008, 10:35 AM
It was a great speech. IMO. All the little comical jabs were good. Even if she didn't wright it all herself, I'm sure she had a hand in it though. But who wrights their own speech's anymore anyways.
Rudy's was pretty good to.

revefsreleets
09-04-2008, 10:42 AM
I believe that there was study done recently (man, I'd have to REALLY dig to find it), done by some University or other, that found, compared to the sentiment of the majority of Americans (the US is, after all, a center-right country) even Fox News is slightly more left leaning than Americans in general.

That's right, Fox News is more liberal than the overall general sentiments of Americans.

Talk radio is predominently right wing, because left wing talk radio bashes business, which also just so happens to be the only real source of ad revenue. Other than talk radio (which is all opinion based anyway), the other 95% of media sources (ie newspaper, radio/tv news, magazines with a couple exceptions) is very much center-left in it's views. The MAIN difference is that one is opinion, the other is proported to actually be reporting the news.

Dino 6 Rings
09-04-2008, 11:42 AM
UCLA Study from 2005

http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/Media-Bias-Is-Real-Finds-UCLA-6664.aspx?RelNum=6664

As for the Media, I watch and listen to and read all types of different points of view, finding this site www.realclearpolitics.com to be the best for print media from both sides. It links Huffington Post as well as Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Weakly Standard and Chicago Tribune. It is mostly Op Ed stuff, but it does at least give opinions on all sides of all issues.