PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers had a uniform change.

Edman
09-04-2008, 05:09 AM
I know about the 75th anniversary unis. But there has been something I've just noticed about the Steelers uniform this year...

The numbers on the front of the helmet are gone. It was such a quiet subtle change I'm surprised nobody commented on it. Well, I'm commenting on it now.

Don't believe me? Go see for yourself. Check out the gameday pictures from this preseason.

http://news.steelers.com/multimedia/media2006/

Hapa
09-04-2008, 06:09 AM
Holy crap I can't believe I didn't notice that.

Buzz05
09-04-2008, 06:29 AM
They don't put the numbers on the front until the regular season.

Steel Pit
09-04-2008, 06:35 AM

Good call buzz, you beat me to it.

stillers4me
09-04-2008, 06:48 AM

That makes sense.

jjpro11
09-04-2008, 08:46 AM
i was hoping to read that in a surprising move, the steelers decided to return to the block numbers worn when they were the most intimidating team in the league (and a few bad years in between).

SteelMember
09-04-2008, 10:21 AM

I thought that was the case as well.

It's a little strange that all the TC and preseason uniforms are all fitted and have the names on the jerseys for guys that won't end up on the roster, but they save a little on the helmet decals? Is there a private locker room ceremony I'm not aware of once the 53 man roster is decided? :chuckle:

I hate to bring up the Cowboys, 'cause I really hate the Cowboys:monkey:
but I thought Parcell's idea not to let the players have "any" decal on the helmet until they earned it was kinda cool.

millwalldavey
09-04-2008, 04:10 PM
Kinda like our high school team... they get no logos on their helmets until they win.

Elvis
09-04-2008, 09:11 PM
I really like the Steelers 75th anniversary helmet.. the yellow.. that was an awesome helmet, wouldnt mind seeing it all the time
:tt02:

Steel Pit
09-05-2008, 01:46 AM
I really like the Steelers 75th anniversary helmet.. the yellow.. that was an awesome helmet, wouldnt mind seeing it all the time
That would be too much yellow. The Steelers have the perfect mixture of black and yellow. Add too much yellow and things go haywire.

I kind of blame the 1994 AFC Championship game loss on too much yellow. It was a rainy day and most of the fans were wearing yellow rain jackets.

redst3
09-05-2008, 03:32 AM
i was hoping to read that in a surprising move, the steelers decided to return to the block numbers worn when they were the most intimidating team in the league (and a few bad years in between).

I like the rounded numbers personally

Galax Steeler
09-05-2008, 04:28 AM
I don't care what kind or color helmets they wear as long as we can whip some ass.

SteelMember
09-05-2008, 08:55 AM
I don't care what kind or color helmets they wear as long as we can whip some ass.

Wow, no hesitation there....right to the point! :chuckle::tt03:

I know what ya mean, but if we had to wear anything like those "browns" pants, another thread in the BF, I would be extremely disappointed.:laughing:

vasteeler
09-05-2008, 11:10 AM

oh I hope to never see those again,not that i hated them(that much) I just prefer the traditional colors:helmet:

LVSteelersfan
09-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Let's get back to the traditional Steelers with their smash mouth, kick them in the teeth, attitude. The uniforms are the least of our worries.

ricksteelers55
09-05-2008, 09:20 PM
That would be too much yellow. .

there's never too much yellow !!! specially not steelers yellow it's the perfect yellow.

if for i dont know what reason one day we have a 3rd jersey and im not talkin about the vintage one... i wish it will be yellow

madsteelerfan51
09-07-2008, 01:13 PM
That is right, they did not have the numbers on their helmets at first but this game they do have them on now :tt: