PDA

View Full Version : Funny, I don't remember seeing a breakdown like this after the Democratic Convention

revefsreleets
09-04-2008, 12:08 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080904/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_fact_check

Is it because the Democrats are "the Party of Truth" and never strained credulity during their convention?

Methinks not.

Dino 6 Rings
09-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Its alot like having a horse in a race. When you've invested all your hard money, and time, and heart into once candidate, and have plans of story after story of what a "great moment" it is in American when you're candidate wins, then you do whatever you can to get that candidate elected and seriously fear what would happen if your candidate loses. All your investment is wasted.

Buyers remorse yet? Who Knows. But it is obvious that a lot of people are on the side of one candidate not about issues, but about ratings and future articles they will write about that same candidate.

revefsreleets
09-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Well, I'll be damned...lookie what I found!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080828/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_fact_check_6

By DARLENE SUPERVILLE, Associated Press Writer
Thu Aug 28, 12:10 AM ET

DENVER - Sen. Barack Obama's formal nomination Wednesday as the Democratic candidate for president brought with it praise for Obama and a barrage of renewed attacks on his Republican opponent, Sen. John McCain. Some were on point, others missed the mark.

ADVERTISEMENT

Some examples:

VICE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE SEN. JOE BIDEN of DELAWARE: "Barack Obama will bring down health care costs by $2,500 for the typical family, and, at long last, deliver affordable, accessible health care for all Americans."

THE FACTS: Obama's health care plan does not provide for universal health care coverage. He promises to make it affordable and would require children to be covered, but not adults. Estimates of how many would remain without insurance vary. Hillary Rodham Clinton said during the primaries that Obama's plan would leave 15 million people uninsured.

FORMER PRESIDENT CLINTON: The Bush administration "took us from record surpluses to an exploding national debt; from over 22 million new jobs an increase in working family incomes of $7,500 to a decline of more than $2,000; from almost 8 million Americans moving out of poverty to more than 5 and half million falling into poverty — and million more losing their health insurance."

THE FACTS: Clinton, helped by a decade-long economic expansion, recorded four straight years of budget surpluses. They ended in 2001, whittled away by a recession that started that year, and the cost of fighting terrorism after 9/11 and President Bush's tax cuts. Bush has recorded some of the highest deficits in history in dollar terms including a record $413 billion imbalance in 2004.

The Census Bureau reported this week that median household income grew by 1.3 percent last year to $50,233, the third straight annual increase. It still fell short of the previous peak, reached in 2000, when inflation is included. The bureau said the number of families living below the official poverty threshold last year was 12.5 percent, not statistically different from 2006. But the latest report covered 2007 before the current economic slowdown had begun to take its toll.

BIDEN: "Because Barack made that choice, 150,000 more children and parents have health care in Illinois. He fought to make that happen.

THE FACTS: Obama did none of this single-handedly, but as a member of the Illinois Senate. He helped expand an existing children's health insurance program. He also helped pass legislation to raise the income threshold for eligibility and make the temporary program permanent.

_SEN. JAY ROCKEFELLER of WEST VIRGINIA: "John McCain has served his country with honor. But his refusal to change course even in the face of the failed policies of Bush-Cheney is reckless and will not keep us safe."

THE FACTS: After the U.S. led the invasion of Iraq in March 2003, McCain initially said he had no doubt U.S. forces would be "welcomed as liberators" in Baghdad. But McCain changed his mind after visiting the Iraqi capital later that year. Back in Washington, he began calling on the Bush administration to send more troops to beat back an insurgency that was responsible for spiraling violence. That put him at odds with the White House, most Republicans and military leaders. McCain's position jeopardized his presidential campaign, but he put on a brave face, telling audiences he'd "rather lose an election than lose a war."

In January 2007, Bush announced he was sending 20,000 more troops to Iraq. They have been credited with helping improve security in Iraq.

_FORMER SECRETARY of STATE MADELEINE ALBRIGHT: "Sen. McCain says that American troops should remain in Iraq perhaps as long as they have been stationed in Korea and Japan, as if there were no difference in history, religion or culture between our friends in Asia and those in the Middle East."

THE FACTS: Democrats have made much of McCain's "100 years" comment at a town-hall meeting earlier this year in New Hampshire. It was in response to a questioner who had challenged him about President Bush's view that U.S. troops could be in Iraq for 50 years.

"Maybe a hundred," McCain said. "We've been in South Korea. We've been in Japan for 60 years. We've been in South Korea for 50 years or so. That'd be fine with me as long as Americans, as long as Americans are not being injured or harmed or wounded or killed. Then it's fine with me. I hope it would be fine with you if we maintain a presence in a very volatile part of the world where al-Qaida is training, recruiting and equipping and motivating people every single day."

McCain also has said he envisions victory in Iraq and the return of most U.S. troops by January 2013 — the end of his first term if elected. He also says withdrawal should be based on security conditions in Iraq, not hard deadlines.

_REP. CHET EDWARDS of TEXAS: "In the last two years, Sen. Obama helped pass the new GI education bill."

THE FACTS: The GI bill became an issue during the presidential campaign because it illustrated a stark difference between the two candidates. Obama, a member of the Veterans' Affairs Committee, supported the bill; McCain, a veteran himself, did not. Each side accused the other of playing politics with the issue.

The bill, part of a larger war funding bill President Bush signed into law, increased education benefits for troops and veterans. McCain, siding with the Pentagon, said he opposed it because the enhanced benefits could encourage people to leave the service early during a war. McCain and Republican colleagues proposed a bill to tie increased benefits to length of service. Obama showed up for the Senate vote; McCain, who has missed more than half the votes in the Senate during the current Congress because he was campaigning, did not.

_SENATE MAJORITY LEADER HARRY REID of NEVADA: "Sen. McCain and the Republicans have centered their answer to our vital energy needs on one solution: offshore drilling. Sen. McCain calls for it in every speech ... White House analysts, congressional analysts, and the oil industry all agree that offshore drilling won't add one drop to our energy pool for at least 10 years... Will it do any harm? The answer is, we just don't know, and neither does he."

THE FACTS: Reid is correct when he says opening areas of the U.S. coast, now off limits, will produce no new oil for years; energy experts predict seven to 10 years. McCain has acknowledged the time frame, but argues it could have a psychological effect on oil markets if the U.S. commits to more production. Many experts believe such an effect would be temporary and likely do little to lower prices.

___

Associated Press writers Jim Kuhnhenn in Detroit and Marty Crutsinger, H. Josef Hebert and Calvin Woodward in Washington contributed to this report.

tony hipchest
09-04-2008, 01:56 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080904/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_fact_check

Is it because the Democrats are "the Party of Truth" and never strained credulity during their convention?

Methinks not.sometimes people only see what they want to see.

seriously... why does the right have such a serious problem with exposing this bullcrap? and why do they ignore and deny that the left faces the same type of scrutiny?

FORMER ARKANSAS GOV. MIKE HUCKABEE: Palin "got more votes running for mayor of Wasilla, Alaska than Joe Biden got running for president of the United States."

THE FACTS: A whopper. Palin got 616 votes in the 1996 mayor's election, and got 909 in her 1999 re-election race, for a total of 1,525. Biden dropped out of the race after the Iowa caucuses, but he still got 76,165 votes in 23 states and the District of Columbia where he was on the ballot during the 2008 presidential primaries.

FORMER MASSACHUSETTS GOV. MITT ROMNEY: "We need change, all right change from a liberal Washington to a conservative Washington! We have a prescription for every American who wants change in Washington throw out the big-government liberals, and elect John McCain and Sarah Palin."

THE FACTS: A Back-to-the-Future moment. George W. Bush, a conservative Republican, has been president for nearly eight years. And until last year, Republicans controlled Congress. Only since January 2007 have Democrats have been in charge of the House and Senate.
i immediately knew the huckabee line was crap because i looked into the population of alaska and her towns, when the bogus and insignificant 90% approval rating number was thrown around.

and i actually laughed out loud at romney. that was almost better than leiberman comparing mccain to clinton.

funny how the DNC actually discussed the issues and it was the RNC who did nothing more than sling mud and pat eachother on the back with empty rhetoric.

ouch.

cubanstogie
09-04-2008, 02:10 PM
sometimes people only see what they want to see.

seriously... why does the right have such a serious problem with exposing this bullcrap? and why do they ignore and deny that the left faces the same type of scrutiny?

i immediately knew the huckabee line was crap because i looked into the population of alaska and her towns, when the bogus and insignificant 90% approval rating number was thrown around.

and i actually laughed out loud at romney. that was almost better than leiberman comparing mccain to clinton.

funny how the DNC actually discussed the issues and it was the RNC who did nothing more than sling mud and pat eachother on the back with empty rhetoric.

ouch.

hope and change is an issue?those are the most popular words in Husseins vocabulary. epitome of empty rhetoric. McCain deserved a pat on the back for choosing Palin. Its obvious the way the media and you libs are trying to smear her you guys are desperate. Tell me would you than listen to Pelosi, Feinstein, Boxer and the other lib skanks from CA or this "barracuda". She is the most interesting and engaging female politician I have seen. I am not talking about her looks either.

tony hipchest
09-04-2008, 02:18 PM
hope and change is an issue?those are the most popular words in Husseins vocabulary. epitome of empty rhetoric. McCain deserved a pat on the back for choosing Palin. Its obvious the way the media and you libs are trying to smear her you guys are desperate. Tell me would you than listen to Pelosi, Feinstein, Boxer and the other lib skanks from CA or this "barracuda". She is the most interesting and engaging female politician I have seen. I am not talking about her looks either.
you still believe that Palin "got more votes running for mayor of Wasilla, Alaska than Joe Biden got running for president of the United States." dont you? :toofunny:

90% approval rating.... :sofunny:

Preacher
09-04-2008, 02:20 PM
you still believe that Palin "got more votes running for mayor of Wasilla, Alaska than Joe Biden got running for president of the United States." dont you? :toofunny:

Hey Tony...

Do you still believe that Obama has more experience than Palin? :rofl:

tony hipchest
09-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Hey Tony...

Do you still believe that Obama has more experience than Palin? :rofl:in the back seat of a car? probably not.

in washington? yes.

i also know that obama has earned a hell of alot more votes than palin too.

:cool:

cubanstogie
09-04-2008, 02:37 PM

votes are irrelevant he clearly didn't have his facts straight. Apples to oranges anyway.
As far as the 90% goes, the exact number is not what I am focused on. The fact the she has done a great job and her ratings from the people she served are high is whats important. Keep using semantics, you learned from the best (slick Willy). 70, 80 , 90 % doesn't matter to me. She obviously intimidates you and other libs. You no longer have the freshest face in the race. Obama has plenty of skeletons exposed, so I understand why you guys are feel inferior now. I highly doubt Palin has any skeletons has bad as Husseins wife and Reverend Wright in her closet. husbans dui 20 years ago close though. too funny.

tony hipchest
09-04-2008, 02:49 PM
votes are irrelevant he clearly didn't have his facts straight. .he clearly lied in blatant fashion because hes stupid and thinks the righties he hopes will vote are too.

me intimidated by palin? :rofl: i would spank that booty raw! shes all fluff. arm candy. if she ever gets into washington she will be a nobody. other than being the first woman in the whitehouse she will probably be one of the most insignificant VP's ever (unless mccain croaks). :jawdrop:

it is you and other ribs who are intimidated by obama. its so transparent.

cubanstogie
09-04-2008, 02:57 PM
he clearly lied in blatant fashion because hes stupid and thinks the righties he hopes will vote are too.

me intimidated by palin? :rofl: i would spank that booty raw! shes all fluff. arm candy. if she ever gets into washington she will be a nobody. other than being the first woman in the whitehouse she will probably be one of the most insignificant VP's ever (unless mccain croaks). :jawdrop:

it is you and other ribs who are intimidated by obama. its so transparent.

Keep dreaming.The only thing you spank is that little thing in your hand.
So far she has been "pretty" significant, I'd say. She has got you libs and media trying to dig smear stuff up in the frozen Alaskan soil. To tough, not going to happen.
This is a real woman who has achievements, face it. You can name call and make your lame liberal sarcasm which just makes you look more of a whiner and poor sport. Our VP candidate is more qualified than your Presidential candidate, and definitely has more integrity and patriotism. I am sure her husband is proud to be an american, and doesn't go to a racist church.

MACH1
09-04-2008, 03:05 PM
:popcorn:

tony hipchest
09-04-2008, 03:10 PM
I am sure her husband is proud to be an american, and doesn't go to a racist church.wrong again. :toofunny:

Sarah Palin's husband, Todd, twice registered as a member of the Alaskan Independence Party, a fierce states' rights group that wants to turn all federal lands in Alaska back to the state.

oh yeah, they also wanna secede from the US. :busted:

the palins go to a church that practices censorship and God tells them to build $30 billion gas pipelines. :flap:

RunWillieRun
09-04-2008, 03:14 PM
wrong again. :toofunny:

oh yeah, they also wanna secede from the US. :busted:

the palins go to a church that practices censorship and God tells them to build $30 billion gas pipelines. :flap:

:sofunny:

Gas pipeline bad! Energy independence bad!

rbryan
09-04-2008, 03:50 PM
This debate is like arguing over which tastes worse, a shit sandwich on rye or a shit sandwich on wheat.

I suppose its a good thing that there's actually somebody who cares enough to pick a side. It makes me all warm and fuzzy that some of you actually think it makes a difference.

millwalldavey
09-04-2008, 04:08 PM
WHO CARES!

Is there really going to be any kind of difference in this country no matter who we get? Doubt it. Conservatves will scream about liberals, liberals will scream about consrvatives and each others policies.

Our country is terrified of unity and thats what your two precious parties want to enforce.

Preacher
09-04-2008, 04:57 PM
WHO CARES!

Is there really going to be any kind of difference in this country no matter who we get? Doubt it. Conservatves will scream about liberals, liberals will scream about consrvatives and each others policies.

Our country is terrified of unity and thats what your two precious parties want to enforce.

I don't think that is the case... though I agree with your first paragraph.

Think... what is the one or two issues that both parties will NOT give in on?

That/those issues are dividing this nation and at the core, will keep us divided.

The problem is.. as I have said before, neither party wants to deal with the issues, so they boot them into the judicial branch and then try to get judges that will rule on the issues YEARS after the people responsible for the appointment are out of office, because both parties care more about power than governing.

tony hipchest
09-04-2008, 05:26 PM
The problem is.. as I have said before, neither party wants to deal with the issues, so they boot them into the judicial branch and then try to get judges that will rule on the issues YEARS after the people responsible for the appointment are out of office, because both parties care more about power than governing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cq/20080904/pl_cq_politics/politics2944217

Instead of taking on any of Palin's jabs at the Democratic ticket, or any of the issues that have swirled around Palin since her selection by Republican nominee John McCain, Biden pointed, in almost exactly the same words in each television appearance, "to what I didn't hear in the speech."

"Her speech was an amazing speech in two ways," Biden said on CNN. "It was incredibly well-crafted and delivered. But...I didn't hear the phrase middle class. I didn't hear a single word about health care. I didn't hear a single word about helping people get to college. I didn't hear a single word or phrase about how to deal with the retirement, security for people and Social Security. I didn't hear the word Afghanistan or Pakistan mentioned [as} where the terrorists live,"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080904/ap_on_el_pr/cvn_obama;_ylt=AsrBjGTG9DcTA2jdDShc8XT5R9AF

YORK, Pa. - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said Thursday that Republicans at their national convention are attacking him to avoid talking about the sagging economy and housing problems that voters care about.

"You're hearing an awfully lot about me most of which is not true but you're not hearing a lot about you," Obama said. "You haven't heard a word about how we're going to deal with any aspect of the economy that is affecting you and your pocketbook day-to-day. Haven't heard a word about it. I'm not exaggerating. Literally, two nights, they have not said a word about it."

The Illinois senator told voters that the GOP convention speakers are spending all their time talking about politics, not about issues that matter to voters. He criticized the Republicans for not addressing the economic distress or housing foreclosures that have grown during the Bush administration

Ultimately, Axelrod said, the Republicans squandered an opportunity to promote their candidate. He also questioned the emphasis on McCain's years as a prisoner of war, saying the Arizona senator's history already was well known.

"They're shedding an awfully lot of heat but no light," he said. "It almost defies the laws of physics."

i questioned this last night as well.

Dino 6 Rings
09-04-2008, 06:05 PM
WHO CARES!

I tend to agree but disagree with this statement. John McCain is not a true conservative by any mean. He is a true moderate with a history of pisssing off the conservatives in the republican party and a history of crossing party lines and at least attempting to and in some cases, putting forth real change and real reform.

Now, my state is already a Red State, so I'm voting 3rd party just to dare to be different, but had McCain ran as a 3rd party candidate and then taken Lieberman as his VP choice, it would have been a pretty viable ticket on its own. But being he is in the Republican party and does in fact have to respect the fact, there are a lot of Republicans in this country, he had to placate that base and choice a pro-life running mate. Now he went maverick, regardless of what anyone says and took a wild gamble and took a woman from Alaska as his running mate on the Republican ticket. That was a very bold move. Smart? Who knows? Politically expediate, Not at all, that choice would clearly have been Romney or even Tom Ridge. Rudy G would have been a "bold" pick as well because Rudy is very liberal on social issues. However, he did things his way, as he always does. He really is a moderate and does take risks when it comes to his politics.

Now, is the two party system a mess. Sure it is, with the extremes of both parties running things and setting party platforms, however, McCain has shown that he is willing and able to get the other party to the table and make good solid legislation and get things done. Got to admire that. Even if you can't stand the party he is in, at least he isn't hardline Right.

cubanstogie
09-04-2008, 07:59 PM
This debate is like arguing over which tastes worse, a shit sandwich on rye or a shit sandwich on wheat.

I suppose its a good thing that there's actually somebody who cares enough to pick a side. It makes me all warm and fuzzy that some of you actually think it makes a difference.

you have a great point, for me it's the lesser of 2 evils. Ever since I had a daughter(5 years ago) I have realized how screwed up the libs mentality is. The difference is I see liberals weak on crime, border security which is important. They want to let convicted killers live, where as they allow partial birth abortion. They care more about death row inmate than the family of the victim. There is almost no logic or reasoning to any of their beliefs. That is scary. I am more anti lib than pro conservative. I could go on on things such as wellfare and socialism but I am trying to watch a football game and golf. They have a problem with successful people and think they should be penalized for making more money and affording their own healthcare. This country gives every citizen the right to make a great living it doesn't guarantee it. Libs don't get it. But you are right there won't be huge changes either way.

Preacher
09-04-2008, 08:38 PM
I just laugh....

Edman
09-04-2008, 08:49 PM
The Republican supporters are putting such a heavy emphasis on protection and national security, that I really feel that this will be more of the same under Bush. So focused on protecting America, but not one has mentioned the rights of the people. All the protection in the world from those nasty terrorists will not improve health care and education. The youth (Which is me and my peers) are what is at stake here.

Preacher
09-04-2008, 09:20 PM
The Republican supporters are putting such a heavy emphasis on protection and national security, that I really feel that this will be more of the same under Bush. So focused on protecting America, but not one has mentioned the rights of the people. All the protection in the world from those nasty terrorists will not improve health care and education. The youth (Which is me and my peers) are what is at stake here.

Wanna improve health care and education?

Don't let the govt. get a hold of it.

HometownGal
09-04-2008, 10:32 PM
in the back seat of a car? probably not.

in washington? yes.

i also know that obama has earned a hell of alot more votes than palin too.

:cool:

Very, very low, Tony. Not what I expected of someone I always viewed as a gentleman in r/l. :shake02:

As to your last sentence, all I can say is :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Does the number 130 mean anything to you? :laughing::laughing:

HometownGal
09-04-2008, 10:41 PM
So focused on protecting America, but not one has mentioned the rights of the people. All the protection in the world from those nasty terrorists will not improve health care and education. The youth (Which is me and my peers) are what is at stake here.

Health care, education, "rights of the people" and any other issue out there that we spoiled Americans B&M about won't really matter much if (and under Obama, it would be "when" imho) we are attacked by terrorists again. Some of us - and quite possibly all of us, even you - will be 6 feet under taking our eternal dirt naps. You bet your bippy I'm focused on protecting those I love and the country that I love.

Those snakes are thousands of miles away in their shitholes just waiting to see who is elected. I guarantee you they fear McCain just as they fear Bush.

cubanstogie
09-04-2008, 10:51 PM

you can't blame education on congress. Here in CA the education is a huge part of the budget. Why does their spending problem get blamed on congress? One reason we are broke is due to illegal immigrants collecting welfare, in prison, and a burden to our healthcare. We need to send illegals back and secure borders. I focus on protection due to that day in september 2001. Coincidentally we haven't had a large successful attack against us in 7 years. You and your peers should be thankful of that.

tony hipchest
09-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Does the number 130 mean anything to you? :laughing::laughing:thats how many votes she won with in her first appointment to public office, right.

was my remark "low"? probably. but no lower than Palin trashing the "styrofoam Columns" on Obama's stage (wtf does that have to do w/ any issues?) that were symbolic of the Lincoln Memorial that Martin Luther King Jr. stood infront of as he delivered his "i have a dream speech".

King was murdered before he could witness this historic day and since it was right around the anniversary of that famous speech, Obama just wanted to give a simple little tribute and pay hommage to a very important man in all of our lives.

then she spends all day using all that hot air to blow up those stupid ubergrande novelty baloons they dropped on the crowd at the end of their convention. :noidea:

although she is more of a parrot, than a barracuda or bull dog, i still found her a bit tacky.

Preacher
09-05-2008, 12:13 AM
although she is more of a parrot, than a barracuda or bull dog, i still found her a bit tacky.

Funny... I kinda feel the same about Obama...

Every time his lips move, I hear the Chicago democratic machine and John Kerry....

I HAVE A PLAN---

WE NEED CHANGE--

blah blah blah. What a puppet. Let's try something OTHER than Kerry's leftovers for a campaign strategy.

tony hipchest
09-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Funny... I kinda feel the same about Obama...

Every time his lips move, I hear the Chicago democratic machine and John Kerry....

I HAVE A PLAN---

WE NEED CHANGE--

blah blah blah. What a puppet. Let's try something OTHER than Kerry's leftovers for a campaign strategy.like mccain saying change is coming even though he's voted with bush 90% of the time?

the only solution mccain really discused was cutting $700 billion in foreign aid. that and making public schools answer to the students and parents instead of the govt. thats scary. after all it is the govt. that requires kids to attend school. you think they might wanna follow through.

j-dawg
09-05-2008, 12:32 AM
I have no idea why people want to justify the Palin pick... but folks sure do. I guess McCain has changed his mind on that whole "experience" thing. So we're not supposed to be scared if she gets that call at 3 a.m.? Nahhh.. she lives in Alaska and the Russians could attack at any moment!! We all saw that movie "Red Dawn". If McCain were elected he'd be the oldest candidate ever to serve in the White House. He's also fought cancer on four different occasions... but I guess I'm just being mean spirited bringing that up. Those terrorists are frightened of our president... not our military. The government has no say in public education. Sheesh... I don't get it.

cubanstogie
09-05-2008, 12:39 AM
I have no idea why people want to justify the Palin pick... but folks sure do. I guess McCain has changed his mind on that whole "experience" thing. So we're not supposed to be scared if she gets that call at 3 a.m.? Nahhh.. she lives in Alaska and the Russians could attack at any moment!! We all saw that movie "Red Dawn". If McCain were elected he'd be the oldest candidate ever to serve in the White House. He's also fought cancer on four different occasions... but I guess I'm just being mean spirited bringing that up. Those terrorists are frightened of our president... not our military. The government has no say in public education. Sheesh... I don't get it.

Its a pick to win the election. She will gain votes IMO. Still she is a better choice than any lib running.

tony hipchest
09-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Its a pick to win the election. She will gain votes IMO. Still she is a better choice than any lib running.no shes not. unless PTA experience is the criteria.

Bill Richardson woulda ran circles around her as far as experience and actual solutions that average Americans face goes.

MACH1
09-05-2008, 01:14 AM
no shes not. unless PTA experience is the criteria.

Bill Richardson woulda ran circles around her as far as experience and actual solutions that average Americans face goes.

And that shows you about how good his decision making is. Can't get it right the first time. He's gonna have to go back and get hillary :stirthepot:

Preacher
09-05-2008, 01:22 AM

PTA experience..naa.. State governor experience... yeah, I think THAT ONE works.

Funny how people don't want to remember the GREAT job she did in a SHORT time as governor.

BTW... I guess if PTA experience isn't that important, then a community organizer isn't either... what does that leave the NUMBER 1 man on the dem ticket when it comes to experience?

let's do these experience comparisons all day. I love them.

augustashark
09-05-2008, 02:01 AM

Let it go bud, he is a second rate gov, let alone someone who could actually run this country. Finished I think 4th in the dem primary and was never on Obamas short list :toofunny:, that should tell you all you need to know. Again let it go!

tony hipchest
09-05-2008, 03:02 AM
Let it go bud, he is a second rate gov, let alone someone who could actually run this country. Finished I think 4th in the dem primary and was never on Obamas short list :toofunny:, that should tell you all you need to know. Again let it go!genuine proof that ignorance is bliss..... from a palin backer no less. :chuckle:

lmao @ statement in bold.

augustashark
09-05-2008, 03:25 AM
genuine proof that ignorance is bliss..... from a palin backer no less. :chuckle:

lmao @ statement in bold.

You are 100 percent right ignorance is bliss. Genuine proof that B. Richardson will never be more then a New Mexico gov.:chuckle:

CantStop85
09-05-2008, 09:07 AM
PTA experience..naa.. State governor experience... yeah, I think THAT ONE works.

Funny how people don't want to remember the GREAT job she did in a SHORT time as governor.

BTW... I guess if PTA experience isn't that important, then a community organizer isn't either... what does that leave the NUMBER 1 man on the dem ticket when it comes to experience?

let's do these experience comparisons all day. I love them.

Palin: mayor of a tiny town in Alaska and eventually governor of Alaska (freaking Alaska).

Obama: Community organizer in Chicago, Illinois State Legislator, member of the U.S. Senate.

Well, at least they both received a top-notch education....wait...

Obama: Bachelors of the Arts in Political Science from Columbia University, then graduated with a Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Harvard Law School.

Palin: Bachelors of Science in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho. (Really? A BS in journalism from the freaking University of Idaho is enough to qualify you for the VP? Shoot man, give me a couple more years and I'll throw my name into the hat with my BA in computer science.) :chuckle:

X-Terminator
09-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Palin: mayor of a tiny town in Alaska and eventually governor of Alaska (freaking Alaska).

Obama: Community organizer in Chicago, Illinois State Legislator, member of the U.S. Senate.

Obama: Bachelors of the Arts in Political Science from Columbia University, then graduated with a Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Harvard Law School.

Palin: Bachelors of Science in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho. (Really? A BS in journalism from the freaking University of Idaho is enough to qualify you for the VP? Shoot man, give me a couple more years and I'll throw my name into the hat with my BA in computer science.) :chuckle:

And of course, as we all know, having all of that education automatically means you're going to be a great President. :coffee:

revefsreleets
09-05-2008, 09:58 AM
I think people are missing the point here...McCain already has his Republican base vote, and he's trying to gain from new voting bloc's. Palin is a more conservative, so she helps firm up the hardcore conservative and religious right vote, plus she'll appeal to women and moderates with families, working class, etc, etc...

The people here who are so strongly opposed to Palin would have been opposed to ANY Republican Veep nominee, and the most important point about that is McCain is not TRYING to reach you. He has wisely conceded your vote to Obama. Obama has his built-in voters and it's a waste to go after them. There is a reason the delegates only included 2% blacks...the GOP has conceded that bloc to McCain, as well, which is also wise. Conceding the Hisapnic bloc may not be as wise, but they are hoping to make up for it with women.

McCain is putting the full court prees on undecided moderates from both parties, and he's doing that quite effectively. There was a real honest appeal ("I won't let you down!" was powerful stuff, and not typical rhetoric from a beltway insider) last night, and I expect to see a real bump in crucial blocs of voters that he's targetting.

Preacher
09-05-2008, 05:51 PM

How many times did he actually show up for his job.... how many times did he actually make a decisoin? yeah, 150 + PRESENT votes does NOT inspire confidence.

BTW... once again, you're comparing your PRESIDENTIAL candidate to our VICE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE. I LOVE IT.