PDA

View Full Version : Browns lose LB for season

jjpro11
09-04-2008, 01:54 PM
offense can only carry you so far.. right now the browns are looking dangerously low at LB and DB depth.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=8787

Peek has surgery, will miss the season
Zac Jackson, Staff Writer

Browns linebacker Antwan Peek suffered a torn patella tendon in his knee during Wednesday's practice and is out for the season.

Browns coach Romeo Crennel said the injury occurred on a "freak" play during practice and that Peek was having surgery to repair the tendon Thursday morning.

Peek will be placed on injured-reserve. The Browns plan to re-sign Shantee Orr, who was released last weekend, to replace Peek.

Crennel said the team hopes to have Orr signed in time for him to participate in Thursday's practice. He said both Orr and rookie Alex Hall will play in Sunday's season opener against the Cowboys.

Peek had 4 sacks last year, his first with the Browns.

MACH1
09-04-2008, 01:57 PM
The browns are gonna get killed this weekend. Think they can hold dallas under 40?

xfl2001fan
09-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Peek wasn't going to perform well anyways, because he's supposed to be a speed rusher...and his leg injuries have prevented him from having the necessary burst to excel in that role.

revefsreleets
09-04-2008, 01:59 PM
C-U-R-S-E-D

This is a cursed franchise, I tell ya!

fansince'76
09-04-2008, 02:28 PM
C-U-R-S-E-D

This is a cursed franchise, I tell ya!

I'm beginning to believe that - season-ending knee injury in practice? Ouch.

Edman
09-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Doesn't look good for the Browns. Peek is supposedly one of their best Linebackers.

But this is the NFL. Anything can happen. Cleveland isn't exactly playing the Doomsday Defense over there in Dallas. And we all know Tony Romo is a choker.

That's a much as a shot of optimism I can throw out to Cleveland.

The Duke
09-04-2008, 03:42 PM
that sucks, I really wanted the steelers to face the browns healthy, but that seems like an impossible feat

hopefully they can still beat the cowboys, cause after that they're in for some pain :tt02:

xfl2001fan
09-04-2008, 04:34 PM
that sucks, I really wanted the steelers to face the browns healthy, but that seems like an impossible feat

hopefully they can still beat the cowboys, cause after that they're in for some pain :tt02:

Peek might have had a chance to be a good linebacker if he could have ever stayed healthy. Even last season, he spent more time riding the pine than playing effective football. I was counting on him being 100% for maybe 4 games this season.

Steeler in Carolina
09-04-2008, 08:01 PM
6-10 for the Browns this year. Andersen has more picks than TD's.

j-dawg
09-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Ohh.. more doomsday news for the Browns!! Yep, that's it, writings on the wall... they're going to loss 25 games this season!!

Dynasty
09-05-2008, 12:51 AM
the brownies seem to have a problem with season ending patellar tendon injuries...

Galax Steeler
09-05-2008, 04:51 AM
Ohh.. more doomsday news for the Browns!! Yep, that's it, writings on the wall... they're going to loss 25 games this season!!

Youre probably right if they played 30 games they would probably loose all of them.:toofunny:

revefsreleets
09-05-2008, 10:25 AM
He WAS a good pass rusher. Now the rookie from a D1-AA school has to start in a 3-4 defense. No matter how good the kid is, he'll miss assignments and be out of position from time to time. The loss will hurt...

xfl2001fan
09-05-2008, 11:12 AM
He WAS a good pass rusher. Now the rookie from a D1-AA school has to start in a 3-4 defense. No matter how good the kid is, he'll miss assignments and be out of position from time to time. The loss will hurt...

When he was healthy, he was a good passrusher, but he wasn't healthy very often last season. This will just force us to rush in our rookie, who has actually played fairly well in limited (non-counting) preseason action and practices.

It'll be interesting, but I don't recall anyone believing that the defense was going to be the strength of our team. In fact, I'm pretty sure that everyone was counting on it being the third best behind 1a Offense and 1b Special Teams.