PDA

View Full Version : Bengals putting Ocho Cinco on No. 85 jersey

nojobny
09-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Bengals putting Ocho Cinco on No. 85 jersey

CINCINNATI -- Chad Johnson is no more. It's officially Chad Ocho Cinco in the NFL.
The Cincinnati Bengals announced Thursday that they have begun "the process of listing the former Chad Johnson as Chad Ocho Cinco for all club business, per the legal change of his surname effected in Florida.

"The list of appropriate changes will include Ocho Cinco wearing his new surname on the back of his jersey for Sunday's season opener at Baltimore."

Ocho Cinco officially changed his name to Chad Javon Ocho Cinco in Broward County, Fla., last week. The league had not changed his name on their Web site or the team's Web site.

"It's something I don't think anyone has ever done before," the Pro Bowl receiver told the Bengals' Web site last week. "Have I ever had a reason for why I do what I do? I'm having fun."

Two years ago, Johnson gave himself the moniker in reference to his uniform number 85 -- Ocho Cinco means "eight five" in Spanish -- and put it on the back of his uniform before a game. Quarterback Carson Palmer ripped it off before the kickoff. After the season, coach Marvin Lewis -- who dislikes Johnson's attention-getting stunts -- referred to the receiver as "Ocho Psycho."

The receiver asked the media to start calling him by his new name this week. The Bengals couldn't change the name on his uniform until the NFL gave permission.
In an e-mail to The Associated Press on Thursday, league spokesman Greg Aiello said simply: "It's his legal surname."

The receiver has declined to talk about the motivation for his attention-getting change. Lewis said the receiver had been considering it since last March.
Johnson has been a concern for the Bengals this season. He unsuccessfully lobbied for a trade in the offseason, threatening to sit out if he didn't get his way. When the Bengals refused, he relented and showed up for minicamp, but complained that his right ankle was bothering him.

He had bone spurs removed from the ankle and was limited at the start of training camp. In the second preseason game, he landed awkwardly and temporarily dislocated his left shoulder. Johnson is wearing a harness and expects to play in the season opener against Baltimore on Sunday.

Information from The Associated Press is included in this report

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3569580

Steeler in Carolina
09-04-2008, 08:00 PM
While I think it is a little funny, he is a joke to the NFL.

NJarhead
09-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Well...., Ocho Cinco still carries the stats of the WR formerly known as Mr. Johnson and that dude hasn't caught a TD pass in the city of Pittsburgh since about "Ocho Cinco" games ago. :chuckle: :tt02:

stillers4me
09-04-2008, 08:30 PM
hmmmmmm.........I guess I win that bet.

I guy at work bet me during the summer that Chad Johnson would indeed be a Bengal and would catch a pass in the first game.

There is no Chad Johnson on the Bengals roster. :chuckle:

Edman
09-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Chad Eight Five is nothing more than a clown. He's a traveling showman masquerading as a NFL WR.

beSteelmyheart
09-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Silly, silly man!:coffee:

lilyoder6
09-04-2008, 09:33 PM
they even changed his name alrdy on the FF leagues

MACH1
09-04-2008, 09:50 PM
wow....what a team player.

X-Terminator
09-04-2008, 09:54 PM
All of that aside...it's going to be funny as hell to listen to the announcers call Bengals games and have to use that name. :chuckle: I'll bet some refuse to do it, though.

MACH1
09-04-2008, 09:57 PM
All of that aside...it's going to be funny as hell to listen to the announcers call Bengals games and have to use that name. :chuckle: I'll bet some refuse to do it, though.

LOL....Reminds me of HeHateMe in the xfl.

The Duke
09-04-2008, 09:58 PM
then I guess I'll have to change it on madden too

I still think they should change it to Dumbass

"It's something I don't think anyone has ever done before,"

aww, I bet that makes you feel really special :flippy:

X-Terminator
09-04-2008, 10:00 PM
LOL....Reminds me of HeHateMe in the xfl.

I was actually thinking about that after that post :sofunny:

Galax Steeler
09-05-2008, 04:54 AM
He is just trying to be clown in the nfl I hope he gets layed out on the turf when we play them.

stlrtruck
09-05-2008, 06:36 AM
What's funny is that Scott Stuart pointed out the incorrect combination of words and that ocho cinco is only 8-5, not 85.

You stay dumb Chad.

stillers4me
09-05-2008, 06:42 AM
I see him walking out on th field with "Johnson" on his jersey. Then Carson pulls it off to reveal "Ocho Cinco", Chad gets fined, and all is status quo in Bungleland. :sofunny:

klick81
09-05-2008, 11:23 AM
LOL...what a joke this whole organization has become. Chad is just the one who isn't afraid to show it.

MDSteel15
09-05-2008, 12:28 PM
This is so gay. :coffee: It doesn't deserve a thread especially on a Steeler board. I don't care what this moron does he still can't score on the Black and Gold!!!!! :tt02: :rofl:

rbryan
09-05-2008, 01:42 PM
He's like a side show freak at the carnival. Even bungler fans are growing tired of his bullsh!t. The only good thing about Chad is that its just a matter of time until he fades away into obscurity.

Mosca
09-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Wait wait, let me find the picture...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Mosca/random-37.jpg?t=1220636958

Tankus_Maximus
09-05-2008, 11:25 PM
As if I needed any further reason to hate this douchebag, or his franchise.

The last time I ran across a bigger a $$hole, was when I encountered Nigel.

What a d !ck.

The Duke
09-05-2008, 11:32 PM
hey, anthony smith has now another reason to knock his teeth out :tt02:

benagls-steelers games are always fun, can't wait for the 1st one

ShutDown24
09-05-2008, 11:44 PM
The last time I ran across a bigger a $$hole, was when I encountered Nigel.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: Nice.

In all honesty, I find him having 'Ocho Cinco' on his back pretty fricking hilarious. Usually I despise the things Chad does, but i have to admit I think this is pretty funny.

MDSteel15
09-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Who wants to bet that this ass takes amd markets this into a clothes line or some shit?

By the way Chad, it's Ochinta y Cinco.... Ya dumb ass, gold-toothed moron

Steelman16
09-06-2008, 12:19 AM
Who wants to bet that this ass takes amd markets this into a clothes line or some shit?

:popcorn:

Ocho Cinco Clothing Outfitters

Doesn't have a bad ring to it. :chuckle: :chuckle:

MDSteel15
09-06-2008, 12:23 AM
:popcorn:

Ocho Cinco Clothing Outfitters

Doesn't have a bad ring to it. :chuckle: :chuckle:

Ocho Cinco presented to you by THE Chad :rofl:

touchdownward
09-06-2008, 04:51 PM
I always hear circus music in my head when I read a thread about Chad. :grin:

Haiku_Dirtt
09-07-2008, 04:01 AM
While I think it is a little funny, he is a joke to the NFL.

It's funny like a sexually transmitted disease and a joke like the looting of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. And just like both America takes them up in the ***.