PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute... what are you telling me??

Preacher
09-04-2008, 08:16 PM
I just noticed a bunch of titles and threads higher on my screen then this one...

Are you telling me this is actually a football forum?

Who woulda thunk it!

:rofl:

Mosca
09-04-2008, 08:52 PM
I just noticed a bunch of titles and threads higher on my screen then this one...

Are you telling me this is actually a football forum?

Who woulda thunk it!

:rofl:

Yeah, and I was watching a perfectly good football game on our sorta new widescreen HDTV, until Big Brother came on and I had to cede the remote to the females in the family!

If it was the Steelers, or even an AFC game, that would never have happened, you know.

X-Terminator
09-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah, and I was watching a perfectly good football game on our sorta new widescreen HDTV, until Big Brother came on and I had to cede the remote to the females in the family!

If it was the Steelers, or even an AFC game, that would never have happened, you know.

It had better not, or else I'm sorry, but you'd be forced to hand in your "man card" :laughing:

Preacher
09-04-2008, 08:57 PM

Dang that feminist Palin for empowering them!! :rofl:

seriously... 40 secs left... skins down 2 scores. Not much to miss.

Mosca
09-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah, it was a crappy game anyhow, and I'm having fun editing some photos. I'm teaching myself photography with the help of an on-line course. Right now I'm practicing cropping photos I took of the autocross I attended over last weekend.

It seems that taking the picture is the easy part... it's the post-processing that makes the shot worthwhile. I can take 500 pictures in an hour, but it takes a couple hours to find the 20 or so that are truly good shots... and then it takes another half an hour working on each to make them beautiful.

xfl2001fan
09-05-2008, 06:53 AM
Now you're seeing why so many just request someone to make them sigs. It can be a real pain.

The nice thing is that once you catch on to the editing, it'll get a lot easier pretty fast. Stick with it and you'll have a "photographers eye" pretty fast.

Mosca
09-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Now you're seeing why so many just request someone to make them sigs. It can be a real pain.

The nice thing is that once you catch on to the editing, it'll get a lot easier pretty fast. Stick with it and you'll have a "photographers eye" pretty fast.

Here's one; I didn't take the picture, but it's me driving and I did the PP:

http://www.proudphotography.com/forum/gallery/files/2/4/2/5/img_3485_1.jpg

LOL, I even look slow in the photographs!

MACH1
09-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Looks like your trying to park that thing. :chuckle:

xfl2001fan
09-05-2008, 10:30 AM
And trying poorly! :flap:

I like the pic, but why the helmet? You can't be that ugly are you? No Medusa for a mother or anything?

Mosca
09-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Yes I am that ugly... and a helmet is required for autocrossing. The good drivers get close to 60mph in a parking lot! I'm not good, and get up to around 40-45.

This guy is really good; he's gone to the National finals in his class, several times. My best time was 33.646, his was 24 something.

http://www.proudphotography.com/forum/gallery/files/2/4/2/5/img_3410c.jpg

xfl2001fan
09-05-2008, 11:56 AM
I'd never heard of auto-crossing, my bad. How big is the parking lot? Sounds like a it could be lot of fun!

I'll see if I can pull up some of the photographs of the redneck/winter version of autocross! lol

One of the last times I got drunk, I was visiting one of my old shipmates and his family in WV. We took turns hanging off the back of his tailgate in a parking lot coved in snow and ice in a hotel parking lot after a blizzard. I think we dubbed it Winter Rodeo as we wanted to see if we could hold on for more than 8 seconds. No socks, shoes or gloves were allowed to be worn...and we had to wear dresses (again, drunk).

The pictures might not be as nice as the ones you're showing, but they're funnier than hell. When you've got snow riding up places God never intended it to go, it gives new definition to the term "Blue Ba...well, you know.

Mosca
09-05-2008, 12:20 PM
I've driven on track and around parking lots, and while track is more fun, autocross is more exciting. A minute feels like about 8 seconds, and when you're done your heart is pounding, your hands are shaking, and your knees are weak.

This is a pretty good video describing it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WkRqcBuKzfQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WkRqcBuKzfQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MACH1
09-05-2008, 12:55 PM
That looks like a lot a fun. Do you use your daily driver for that and have you done any mods to your car?

I'm more of a quarter mile type guy with my car.

xfl2001fan
09-05-2008, 06:47 PM
That looks like a LOT of fun.

Mosca
09-05-2008, 06:57 PM
The Miata is a sometimes daily driver, it is street legal. It is lowered, has coilovers and stiffer roll bars, it is braced front and rear, has lighter wheels. Oh yeah; it's also supercharged, I forgot that, with bigger injectors and throttle body, and aftermarket engine management. There's some other stuff, too. But that is most of it.

Yeah, it's insanely fun.

Preacher
09-05-2008, 07:22 PM
The Miata is a sometimes daily driver, it is street legal. It is lowered, has coilovers and stiffer roll bars, it is braced front and rear, has lighter wheels. Oh yeah; it's also supercharged, I forgot that, with bigger injectors and throttle body, and aftermarket engine management. There's some other stuff, too. But that is most of it.

Yeah, it's insanely fun.

And let me guess... that "other stuff" you don't want in public because of your contention that it is " street legal."

:chuckle:

Honestly I would love to drive a car like that.

Mosca
09-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Let's just say it's always passed inspection!

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/220000-220999/220856_98_full.jpg

MACH1
09-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Not to shabby for a rice burner. :chuckle:

It is a nice car though. :thumbsup:

Preacher
09-05-2008, 08:40 PM
So where did you hide the N2O hoses?

Aussie_steeler
09-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Great photos Mosca - looks like a lot of fun

One of the last times I got drunk, I was visiting one of my old shipmates and his family in WV. We took turns hanging off the back of his tailgate in a parking lot coved in snow and ice in a hotel parking lot after a blizzard. I think we dubbed it Winter Rodeo as we wanted to see if we could hold on for more than 8 seconds. No socks, shoes or gloves were allowed to be worn...and we had to wear dresses (again, drunk).

The pictures might not be as nice as the ones you're showing, but they're funnier than hell. When you've got snow riding up places God never intended it to go, it gives new definition to the term "Blue Ba...well, you know.

Down here we would say that "your as mad as a cut snake"

IN Australia we have a different variation XFL. For generations kids have been getting bonnets (hoods) off cars and using them like skis / surfboards behind a car. You dont have to be drunk to do this but I can appreciate why you need to be intoxicated to perform your stunt.

The foam ontop of the bonnet is an unusually luxury. Bonnets from old classics from the 1950's and 1960's are better as they have better curves to hold you in.

Here is a modern version of Bonnet Surfing

ljdLHCVBtkc

xfl2001fan
09-06-2008, 05:40 AM
I was talking to some of my friends late last night right after you posted and they say that they have done that Aussie!

My buddy and I started using the little round sleds that are semi-popular up here, but found it wasn't near as challenging as we had initially thought. The way the cold makes you go stupidly numb makes it more difficult to hang on to to the tailgate...and the lack of feeling (or the biting cold) makes it difficult to maintain your feet.

Still, yours looks much more sporting! Next time I go back to WV, I'll see if we can find us a bonnet and go to town on my buddy's farm.

Aussie_steeler
09-07-2008, 04:58 AM
Works really well on green or wet grass.

If you can get the length of the tow rope just right you can get a great whip. It is a similar sensation to water skiing if done right.

Your blue ball sledding sounds like it is a possible candidate for the next winter olympics.

Galax Steeler
09-07-2008, 07:05 AM
That looks like alot of fun thanks for the picks.

Mosca
09-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Holy crap, you have to be YOUNG to decide to do something like that! It looks AWESOME!

No NOS, Preach. Generally speaking, NOS + FI = melted pistons, unless you throw a lot of money into cooling, redo the head, etc. And that is serious horsepower, which I don't want; it makes the car no fun to drive as a regular car.

Preacher
09-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Holy crap, you have to be YOUNG to decide to do something like that! It looks AWESOME!

No NOS, Preach. Generally speaking, NOS + FI = melted pistons, unless you throw a lot of money into cooling, redo the head, etc. And that is serious horsepower, which I don't want; it makes the car no fun to drive as a regular car.

Yeah, I imagine FI would change a NOS setup quite a bit... you can tell I am an old-fashioned guy when it comes to cars. I like the V-8 sitting in a '60's car!

Though I gotta say, 4 banger FI with tight suspension cars are FUN when it comes to handling.