PDA

View Full Version : So many fans down in NC

Black-n-Gold
11-25-2005, 02:24 PM
There is so so many fans around here I feel like I'm back home. The other day I was at Buffalo Wild Wings and I heard some guy pissed off saying to his buddy, " Feels like I'm in F*&^king Pittsburgh in here". Unfortunately this will be the last game before my deployment, so I'm donating my terrible towel for them to hang up right over the entrance of the place.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah NC is a huge Steelers market, its awesome!! The panthers resemble the Steelers in alot of ways.. they play tough defense, they like to run the ball first, they play good special teams as well.

Bring a terrible towel with you overseas when u go man !!! It'll be alittle piece of the black n gold to have so you can wave it proud !! :tt:

DisplacedInDixie
12-04-2005, 12:30 PM
Where? Are you guys hiding from me?

CarolinaHarley
01-23-2006, 02:09 PM
:dancing: HERE WE GO! :dancing: HERE WE GO! :dancing: HERE WE GO! :dancing: Pittsburgh's gonna win the Super Bowl! :dancing:
Good to see there are other Pittsburghers in NC!

redmosqui
01-24-2006, 09:13 AM
I live in Kannapolis, outside of Charlotte...where are you all from in NC?

NCStlrzFan
01-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Another NC Steeler fan here. New Bern, NC.

flyinhawaiian
01-26-2006, 01:32 PM
:busted: Norfolkian here...from the Pittsburgh area tho, the Steeler fans here are rabid..but i doubt as rabid as me! Good to meet y'all

redmosqui
02-03-2006, 11:42 AM
where you all go to watch the steelers in NC? anywhere near Kannapolis/Concord?

Tim
02-03-2006, 11:59 AM
Currently in Raleigh, NC.

Used to be in the Steelers club around here, but they moved the games to a real crummy place over near NC State. Now I just watch what I can and listen to the rest over the computer.

campbejj
08-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Any fans in the Piedmont Triad (Greensboro, High Point and Winston-Salem) that want to join the Steelers Fan Club need to check out our website at www.triadsteelers.com.

Our Fan Club has been around as an organized club since 1993.
We make our home at The Pour House in downtown Greensboro....check out the site for more details and spread the word.

We are having a Preseason Kickoff Party on August 13th where you can learn more about the club....become a member....watch the 2005 Season Review DVD...there will be food, fun, raffles, etc.

John Campbell
Club Predident.

benberger
09-11-2006, 12:06 PM
i live in jackson nc in northeastern nc.....lots of cotton and peanuts as many of you know.....i am daily converting people here, mostly young people, to the steeler nation.....its a blast!!

Steeltoes
09-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally from Washington PA, but have been in Greensboro for eight years.I wore my polamalu jersey last week for opening day and had a ton of comments from other Steelers fans.

wadester47
09-17-2006, 08:57 PM
I live in SC, well outside of florece.

does anyone here know where i can find a tix to the carolina game DEC 17th
:tt02:

Jeremy
09-17-2006, 09:02 PM
I know a lot of UNC fans have adopted the Steelers because of Willie Parker and Jeff Reed.

That makes it kind of iornic that Parker chose to name his high school and not his college Thursday night.

racerbuddy3
09-18-2006, 12:26 AM
i'm doing my best to hold it down here at UNC Charlotte... so many haters, dude across the hall is a cinci fan, he'll learn one of these days

writersblock
11-13-2006, 12:23 PM
All fans in Charlotte are welcome to join the Charlotte Steel City Fanatics at Dilworth Neighborhood Grille on gamedays. We tailgate in the parking lot and try to bring a little bit of the Steel City to the Queen City. Visit http://www.charlottesteelers.com for more info!

Justin Anderson
Vice President
Charlotte Steel City Fanatics
www.charlottesteelers.com

lostsailor73
11-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Hey Tim,

I'm also in Raleigh. It sounds like you are talking about Sammy's on Avent Ferry. Yeah, it is a very uncomfortable place to watch sports and they have crappy food, although they do have Iron City on tap.
I watch the games that aren't on TV at The Upper Deck Profile. It's on Whitaker Mill Rd, inside the beltline. There are a lot of nice Steelers fans that go every Sunday. It's dark and laid back, and the food isn't too bad.
Check it out!

Currently in Raleigh, NC.

Used to be in the Steelers club around here, but they moved the games to a real crummy place over near NC State. Now I just watch what I can and listen to the rest over the computer.

Stillers43
11-27-2006, 10:39 AM
I lived in Winston-Salem for 2 years. There is a lot of Steelers fans down there. I once went to a Panthers game and met a hot chick. I asked her for her number. She didn't have anything to write with, so she wrote it in ketchup on a napkin. LOL! I was so drunk I stuck it in my pocket. Yep! Ketchup in my pocket with ruining the number.

kmsteelerwr15
12-06-2006, 04:02 PM
im livin in Huntersville, NC, jus outside of Charlotte

NV STEELERS 723
12-16-2006, 09:22 PM
There is so so many fans around here I feel like I'm back home. The other day I was at Buffalo Wild Wings and I heard some guy pissed off saying to his buddy, " Feels like I'm in F*&^king Pittsburgh in here". Unfortunately this will be the last game before my deployment, so I'm donating my terrible towel for them to hang up right over the entrance of the place.

Thank You for your service, and come back safe!

Hertzog
12-18-2006, 02:56 AM
Steeler Nation represented the WORLDWIDE Steeler Family in Charlotte today AS USUAL!! GO STILLERS!!!

http://i11.tinypic.com/2qu20qd.jpg

Elvis
12-18-2006, 09:28 AM
:tt02: :helmet: :tt02:
I am proud to be part of Steelers Nation from right here in western NC and would see it no other way than to show my true Black N Gold colors every chance I get... I love the Black N Gold like it was my oldest child..
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL... FROM THE GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS:wave:

raleighfan
12-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Sammy's is a great place to watch the game. The folks that run this club started the original club in this area, probably 15 years ago at least. Very loyal crowd. Food is bar food, but the company more than makes up for anything else.

BettisForever36
07-12-2007, 09:02 PM
is that the upper deck near harrisons and Pure Gold?

RedheadNC
07-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Anyone in Charlotte, please help! Coaches has closed and I am in need of a new Steelers bar! Any suggestions?